Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:06 pm
User Image

Life had taken a strange, wonderful turn for Eione following the naming of a proper heiress for the queen of Kitwana'antara. Her mother still lived and was finally able to take it easy, Na'al had a king at her side to help her rule and already had four beautiful daughters.. and the pressure of Eione's greatest failure, her surprising immunity to the plague that affected her pride, was finally off. The world moved on without her and the results were beyond what she hoped.

She still did not need to work to keep her place within the pride but she had begun to enjoy it even more. She took advantage of her immunity to work with the sickest patients and travel farther out while working with diseased apothecaries. She was not far beyond the borders today, looking for a specific patch of herbs as directed by the apothecary she was working with. Unfortunately, she had missed the landmark she had been instructed to watch for and was slowly backtracking, knowing she must have gone too far.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:14 pm
User Image

It had been a long time since Mors had headed out to fulfill his father's commandment and seek out the pink lioness known as Mittere. He'd grown taller and stronger, and his mane had filled out. The young lion was proud, but still worried. This was taking quite a long time, though the search Facio had been performing had taken far longer. Still, with he and his sisters to help, it shouldn't be too much longer.

The boy was nosing around, looking for someone to talk to and gather information from. Rumor had it there was a pride somewhere around here, from what he'd picked up. He hadn't heard too much about them, suggesting that they tended to not go beyond their borders too much. Insular. Maybe the perfect place to hide.

Movement caught his eye and blue eyes narrowed. He'd almost missed the form of another not too far off, for the fur blended in rather well. At least until he drew closer and the less natural markings became apparent. A lioness. Perfect.

"Hello there!" the pink male called out, coming nearer. "I'm a bit lost, do you think you can help?" Facio had taught his children that the best defense was to appear totally innocent. To not give others a chance to question their motives by seeming open and friendly, with a plausible story on their lips.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:24 pm
Eione was so focused on her search for the landmark that she was caught completely off guard by the approaching stranger-- and when he called out to her, she did a very obvious double-take at him. His resemblance to Mittere and her family was uncanny, it was immediately apparent to someone well acquainted with them. In fact, at first, she wasn't entirely sure she shouldn't recognize the lion himself. But he said he was lost so he couldn't have been..

"Of course," she said, putting on a genuine, bright smile, "Where are you trying to go?"

If he was an outsider, she would have to be careful. Based on appearances alone, she would have been surprised if he wasn't familiar with the Kitwana'antara in some way but he would still have to be warned about the dangers if he crossed the borders.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:38 pm
"I was heading for a place called the Pridelands," Mors explained, still smiling, though now his expression was openly hopeful. He'd heard about the pride and because it seemed so well known, it was a reasonable excuse, regardless of where he was and where he was actually going. Who knew, maybe he'd go there himself at some point in the future.

"It sounded like a lovely place to see, but I'm afraid my directions were rather vague," the lion continued, waving a paw through the air as if to mimic the instructions he'd supposedly received.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:47 pm
"Oh, of course," she said, surprised that he was so far off the mark despite being so very familiar looking. Despite everything, it would in fact have been less strange for him to be seeking out the Kitwana'antara.. though, thinking about it, she wasn't sure how news of Mittere would have traveled outside the pride where she was diseased.

"It's lucky I caught you here, then," Eione went on with a smile, "You're actually almost to the Kitwana'antara lands, and they can be dangerous for an outsider who doesn't wish to stay."

She took a moment to look around and get her bearings before facing off in a direction she knew to be vaguely correct for heading to the most populous pride in the area.

"The Pridelands is in this direction," she said, "I don't know the way exactly, but the closer you get, the more likely you are to find those who know more."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:52 pm
"My thanks," the lion replied as he got a gesture that was slightly more specific than what he'd received, though still vague enough that he couldn't be completely certain where the pride lay.

It was gratifying to learn that there was, in fact, a pride here and that he'd judged his location fairly well. Though if the pride produced lionesses like this one, who seemed competent at more peaceful arts, he didn't undrestand how it could possibly be dangerous. And he did need to know more...

"Dangerous? What do you mean?" the pink lion asked, allowing his genuine confusion to show, even emphasizing it. This lioness was no fighter, he'd bet his claws on it. Other than combat, he couldn't imagine what danger this Kitwana'antara could possibly pose.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:59 pm
"Our pride is afflicted with an unending plague," she explained, still smiling-- though more somberly, "Few are immune, like myself, but most lions who come into contact with it are stricken. We work hard to contain the illness to our own lands, if you became infected you would not be allowed to leave."

It was a simple, well-known explanation for the pride. A fair warning to any passers-by who might accidentally expose themselves. She knew far too many lions who got trapped in the pride by unfortunate accidents.. most adjusted, but always at their own pace.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:06 pm
Mors didn't have to work at all for his eyes to widen in shock at the news dropped by the lioness. A plague? It seemed to have no known cure, else she wouldn't have called it "unending", but it was rather surprising the pride was still in existence despite the affliction. Still, the proffered explanation made a great deal of sense.

"That's awful," the pink male replied, the smiling gone from his face. "I'm glad I found you before I got deeper into your lands." He was somewhat glad, but also somewhat annoyed. From the information he and his siblings had received, Mors calculated that his "area" to search was not the closest to where Mittere had last been seen, but not the furthest from a long shot. To be thorough, he'd have to check even this plagued pride.

But he sure as hell didn't want to get sick. Ugh.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:17 pm
The fearsome image of Mittere struggling to come to terms with her new life within the Kitwana'antara came to mind, and it transitioned into this lion before her.. despite his calm, friendly demeanor, she could envision it just as clearly as she could the stories about the ailing Warrior. And despite that terrifying image, she smiled knowingly.

"It can be avoided, but the longer you stay the greater your chances become of being infected," she said.. and then she hesitated before continuing, "If I may ask, what is your name? You look very familiar."

Mittere. Vidette. Sedare. Aella ... others. She couldn't remember all of the names in the family but they all had a certain feel to them. Would his be the same?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:22 pm
Mors was nodding his agreement about how the longer one remained exposed to an illness of any kind, the more likely it was that one would become sick when the lioness changed the subject entirely, asking his name. He'd been prepared for the question, but not for the statement that followed quickly on its heels.

"Mahre," the lion answered automatically, having chosen the name for its similarity to his own back when he first ventured out. Then he managed to gather himself together enough to truly respond.

"But I've never been anywhere near the Kitwana'antara before - that I know of - so how could I look familiar?" the male asked with a winning smile. He didn't want to destroy the fragile web of lies about his being lost, so he allowed that such a directionless lion might have stumbled around in this region previously.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:32 pm
Mahre. It did match up, but his remark dissuaded her so she smiled and shook it off. He could very well be a distant relative of Mittere but if he wasn't aware of it and it would put his health at risk to sate any curiosity she might spark by mentioning it.. perhaps it was best not to say. Her own blood connection to the outside world made her more curious than she should have been, in the end she wouldn't have encouraged her own distant relatives either.

"It's nothing, never mind," she said, "My name is Eione. It was nice to meet you, Mahre."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:39 pm
"And it's been lovely to meet you, Eione," Mors replied with a friendly nod. Then his expression turned cajoling as he stood his ground, not moving to leave yet. He could not, would not, let this potential lead escape!

"But please, I'm quite curious about this still. I've never had a complete stranger say I looked familiar before!" the pink male said, offering a self-deprecating laugh. "I promise I won't hold you up too long!"  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:46 pm
She was taken aback by his persistence at her remark about his familiarity, deciding it might have been a rogue thing. Outside of a pride, you'd never know where family could end up.. he was alone, he may have had family once but he may never know when they were going to pop up in his life again. He looked too young, though, to know Mittere personally from before she was in the Kitwana. And she doubted any of her sons had produced children outside the pride.. but still..

"Your coloration reminds me of a particularly well-known family in the pride," she admitted, "It could be a coincidence, of course, but the resemblance is remarkable."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:50 pm
"Well-known to you, perhaps," Mors replied, his tone just the other side of chiding. "I'm not saying you don't have good reasons - what with your plague! - but what is known within your pride is a mystery beyond your borders." He had to know. Absolutely had to. This seemed like it could be the end to his search...but he had to be certain. If Facio came all this way for a false alarm, it would be Mors who paid the price.

"I mean, it could be some distant relative of mine - though gods only could know how - or it could be some strange work of chance. But you can see my dilemma, right?" the pink lion continued, exerting his charm.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:59 pm
His words were not making a lot of sense, it seemed like he was just talking to keep her talking, or stumbling around without knowing exactly what he should say or ask in a situation like this. There would have been a few obvious directions to take this conversation in but he seemed to be avoiding that. But it didn't concern Eione so much, what read strongest in his rambling was his interest in hearing about this.

"The matriarch, Mittere, was not born here," she said, "The family- well, her branch of it- is still new in the pride's history. She had to come from somewhere, perhaps you both came from the same place."

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff