Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands
[PRP] Clouds and Dragons (Hodari, Yoru and Pembe'yun)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:00 pm
User Image
User Image

Hodari was a Guard and as such she thought it appropriate to spend time with the Hunters when they went out, especially when they went out hunting alone. At the very least, this was the excuse she gave whenever she was questioned about it, though the reality of the situation was that she just wanted to spend more time with her children.

It was Yoru that she spent most of her free time with, since Kasai was content to be on her own and her other daughters had set their eyes upon courting handsome mates. As to her other darlings, they simply didn't seek her out. She just let them be, but always let them know that she would welcome whatever news they brought her.

Yoru never had any news, but it was quite alright with her if they just made pleasant small talk about the goings on of the pride while they hunted, rather than anything major going in on his life. Hodari was vaguely aware that something was on his mind at all times, though she hadn't found a good time to inquire about what it could be. Until that very day when they were out hunting, Amabala trailing a distance behind as usual. Well, Yoru was hunting, Hodari just made sure nothing dared injure him.

"Mother?" He asked suddenly. "Do you ever have a hard time... relating to others?" So began the conversation that revealed that Yoru was having a difficult time socializing, especially now that his twin was flirting with another. He felt left out, abandoned even. He seemed relieved when Hodari said that she understood well, surprised even when she informed him how she had felt about the results of the rebellion. He didn't seem quite as confident when she said that the feelings would pass, however. This troubled Hodari, who only wanted happiness for her cubs, but she didn't know what else she could say to him.

"Let us return to the pride." She said after they had spoken and Yoru consented to the notion, picking up the frail neck of the dik dik he had caught and hauling it back to camp. Once within the borders, they were moving to deposit the limp prey beast to the usual feeding area, when Hodari said suddenly. "You know, I really think you'll be able to find a wonderful friend in the pride, if only you look for them. Maybe try reaching out to someone? Anyone, really. Just... Start with saying hi." Maybe it wasn't the most eloquent advice, but Yoru nodded and replied that he would try.

Manda
I hope this is a good start!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:49 pm
User Image

Just as the two re-entered the pride's lands, a small pink cub came careening toward them, sobbing. It didn't look like anything was physically wrong with her, but she had definitely been upset by something. Not looking where she was going, the cub was abruptly stopped when she ran smack into Hodari's leg. Falling back on her rump, she blinked up at the lioness in surprise, blue eyes wide. "I-I-I-I'm s-sorry!" she yelped out, struggling to speak past her tears. She looked terrified now along with everything else.

She hadn't seen this lioness before, so she had no idea what rank she held, how important she was... nothing. What if she was really high up and offended now? What if she punished little cubs that ran into her? What if she reported them to the King or Queen and got them kicked out?? Oh nooo no nonono...

belloblossom
Is good, sorry I'm slow! XD

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:17 am
Hodari was much perplexed by the sound of sudden wailing and even more so when she felt a nudge against one of her legs. Peering down, she saw one of the brightest colored cubs she had ever seen looking up at her through teary eyes. Hodari blinked in surprise, but did not withdraw. Instead, she flicked her tail for Yoru to stay where he was and she lay down so to make eye contact with the poor cub.

"Oh, dear one." Said she to the cub. "Why all of these tears? Have you hurt yourself from that tumble?"

Yoru watched his mother comfort the pink cub with equal parts discomfort and amusement. He felt sufficiently out of place and with the prey beast hanging from his jaws, he felt like he should be dropping it off. Yet, his mother had beckoned for him to stay. Great Lion, what was she trying to set him up with now?

Manda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:34 am
"N-no... I... I'm f-fine," the cub quickly replied, emotions shifting to being suddenly pathetically grateful that the lioness sounded nice. Maybe she wasn't in trouble after all...? If that was so, she was lucky. Soooo lucky. Sniffling, she tried to get control of her voice to explain her crying, since the adult asked. She should always answer questions from adults.

"I... thought y-you might be a higher r-rank. I didn't w-want to make you m-mad..." she mumbled softly, staring at the ground between her paws. She hadn't even noticed the other lion there, being so concentrated on her mistake and fears.

belloblossom
[

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:15 am
Hodari looked down at the cub sympathetically, though the thought crossed her mind of what her parents may have told her about how those in the higher ranks worked. Hodari herself never experienced anything based on her class; growing up she had been far too preoccupied with the notion of the upcoming rebellion.

The only part it contributed to her life was that she was able to become a Guard, rather than a simple Hunteress as her sister had chosen to become. She had had the option, thanks to her rank. She glanced to Yoru, who had never expressed any dislike in his class to her...

So who on earth were this cub's parents, who must have told her something frightening about her class if the young thing was brought to tears at the suspicion of it. And now, what was she to do about it now that she was placed in the middle of this strange happening. Well, honesty and comfort was always a place to start.

"Dear one, I don't know why you are so frightened of the higher class; I can assure you with certainty that no one in this pride, regardless of their class or their ranking, would ever strike out or snarl at another. We are a peaceful pride, little one." She said with a purr and she licked the top of the cub's head, affectionately. "I, myself was born under the full moon, which would name be part of the High class, but tell me, dear," She said, smiling at the little one. "Am I scary?"

A snort was heard from behind them and the dikdik was placed on the ground.

"You're about as scary as a moth is to a gazelle, Mother." Hodari flicked her tail at her son and "tsk"ed at him, but she was smiling at him, happy he joined the conversation, before looking back at the cub. "There now, you see? Nothing at all to fear, my dear. Now, what's your name, love?"

Yoru gave a sigh and a half-smile, having realized that he would be hear for a while and that there was no point in fighting it now that his mother had involved him. So, he spoke up and watched the various emotions through the cub's face as wind might move across grass. What he was most curious about was not the reason that the cub had been crying, but more to why she had been running. He raised his head, eyes searching in the direction the cub had come from. His mother had just posed a question to the ball of pink, but now Yoru couldn't help inquiring after her too.
"What were you running from?"

Manda

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces