Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:42 pm
User Image

Ranzima, daughter of Zizima, was standing in the shadows of a rock, looking out towards the 'forbidden' water with a gently curious look. The rogue lion was still there - as he always was - hunkered in what little shade he had so close to the domain of that crocodile that it seemed hehad a death wish.

She'd heard it told that the lion, who was named Tabu, was little more than a coward and yet, surely, no coward would linger so long at the water's edge? The adolescent had been trying to puzzle him out ever since, though she had not yet gathered the courage to approach the water herself. She did not want to be known as the poor emkurcar who had failed to reach maturity due to an ill-advised step next to dangerous waters. The shame it would bring upon her family was an horrendous thought.

Still, that did not stop her mind from pondering and today, she wondered, if she might get a little closer than she had before.

belloblossom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:32 am
User Image

Kimya, true to her name, spend her days in their new home skulking about on silent paws. Prowling about, she was content to spend her time by looking on with others. She didn't hunt for treasures unseen, but her eyes did manage to catch flashes of intent from the looks she received from others.

In the moments that she did not spend lurking in the shadows of the ruins, she was out hunting, or trying to, rather. Hunting in this stupid sand terrain was far more difficult than her original swamp territory had ever been and it got everywhere. Even on the prey, when she managed to catch anything. It really was quite vexing.

So today, she refused to hunt until her stomach bothered her about it... And maybe even then she would stick up her nose at the notion. She had just about had enough of this sand! So, she went to do one of the only things that seemed any sort of distraction at this point: she would go talk to someone.

She picked a direction and looked for the first lion or hyena or whomever she saw. Who she saw, ended up being a young lioness, still an adolescent really, with a faded reddish and grey coat. Kimya approached her immediately.

"Greetings." Said she to the other, coming to stand beside the young lioness. "May I talk with you?" She asked getting to the point. "All of this sand is driving me a little batty."

Kimaria

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:04 pm
The adolescent turned to see the older female approach and offered her a small, polite smile in greeting. She had seen the grey lioness around, from time to time, but had not yet been in a position where conversation could be made.

"You may," she replied with a blink and took a seat, ensuring there was enough room for the other to join at her side. "I am...not overly fond of this place, myself. From what I hear, we could be situated in these parts for quite some time. The ruins, I suppose, must hold far more secrets than I could ever understand. But, what do we know? Simple females that we are." She rolled her eyes and recalled her mother's words. They were underestimated because they were female and that gave them an edge.

"I was just trying to decide whether the rogue is brave, cowardly or just plain foolish." she indicated the male whom she meant and gave a short sigh, "that is my great excitement of the day. How about you?"

belloblossom

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:36 pm
Kimya was immensely relieved when she was allowed to join the other; this young lioness certainly seemed friendly enough! She sat herself beside the other and perked her ears politely as she heard the others opinion of their current residence.

"Oh dear, truly?" She asked when it was implied that they would be staying in the sandy ruins for quite some time. "Well... I suppose I'll have to get used to the endless sand." She shook herself at that and some sand shook out of her pelt. "See?" She asked the other in exasperation. "It gets everywhere!"

When the conversation turned to the rogue, Kimya turned her gaze to follow and stared at him openly, watching him for a moment. Then, looking back to her companion she suggested.
"Well, we could always go inquire." She smirked a little and unsheathed her claws before sheathing them again. "We could persuade him to speak to us, if he won't willingly."

Kimaria
Sorry this took so long!

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:57 pm
Ranzima considered a moment, then gave a short nod and a smile, "very well, let's go see him," she hopped up onto her paws and, casting the grey female a look to make sure she followed, began a steady pace towards the crocodile-infested waters. Perhaps this was a foolish move. But the male seemed safe enough...why should they be worried?

"I don't like how quiet things have been since we have settled. I understand the need to rest and gather our strength again after a long journey but...this promised land doesn't seem very promised to me."

The male, up ahead, seemed to have noticed their arrival and had gotten to his paws, taking a few steps towards them as if trying to discourage them from coming close to the water. "Look at him!" Ranzima laughed, "let's see whathe has to say."

The male did look nervous as they approached, lifting his voice to call out to them, "be careful. You should keep your distance."

"Must we?" Ranzima replied tartly.

The male's mouth twisted into a thin line, "It would be preferable..."

belloblossom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:04 pm
Kimya followed diligently behind Ranzima, her ears perked with interest as she nodded along to what her companion said.
"Perhaps the Kaar Oma will see some worthwhile reason to stay here longer." She suggested. "Or, better yet, she will see some reason for us to continue on, to a place with less sand." She added with a grin.

Finally, they came upon the male who had gotten to his paws and taken steps forward. Kimya joined her companion in her laughter, her own being a quiet chuckle, though she was not entirely certain as to why they were laughing. Ah, well.

When the lion called for them to stop, Kimya surveyed the area. Was the monstrous croc she had heard so much about lurking nearby. She certainly didn't see anything. With a swish of her tail, she smirked at Ranzima.
"Maybe he's just shy around lionesses." She said and her smirk widened into a grin that bordered on malicious. "Or maybe he is afraid of us like a good little lion." With that, she approached the male, stopping a tail length away from him.

"Why do you stand here?" She questioned boldly. "It's as though you are asking one of us to push you into the water, by standing so close yourself." She purred. "Why not come and entertain us? I would be happy to have your company... er, what's your name?"

Kimaria

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:35 pm
User Image

Ranzima nodded, "we can hope," though she didn't much favour their leaving all that soon. No one would want to admit that they had come all this way for no reason, would they? They'd probably have to come up with a plan to make it look like they had found something even if they hadn't.

"My name is Tabu," he replied hesitantly, peering between the two females as if they were planning to go for him. He might not have been far wrong, there. "And...well, I'd rather not be pushed in, if it's alright with you. I prefer being one of the living and I am sure you both do, too? Fall in there? It'd take nothing short of a miracle to see you out alive." Clearing his throat, he did draw a little closer, his steps cautious.

"Don't say such things to a Nergui. Most would seek to jump in and prove their bravery or seek the glory of a death against a huge, scaled monster. Most of those would be males, however. The females here are the brains of the horde." It was mostly true, as well.

"Hm. Up close you aren't so bad."

"Neither are you both," he replied, not necessarily meaning their looks - though it could be conceived as such.

belloblossom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:36 am
The lion, Tabu, was certainly a nervous creature, wasn't he? She suspected that this was partially on account of their threats, but she wasn't about to let his nerves spoil her fun that day. One could only stalk around on their own for so long before wanting to push someone into croc-infested waters.

Kimya couldn't help but smile inwardly at herself. She was starting to sound like the Nergui that surrounded her. At the words of the new lion, she looked at the water behind him. With all this talk of the monstrous beast that resided beneath the waters, she mused on it and turned to Ranzima.

"If we could lure it out somehow, our pride mates could converge upon it and kill it, surely?" She inquired. She had seen the brute force of the Nergui during their fights among one another, but she didn't know how they would face against an opponent of a different species. She went on. "I don't mean to endanger anyone with my question, naturally, save for perhaps this one," She flicked her tail at Tabu. "But if this beast is so great, perhaps killing it could be a feat of honor for all who attack it. Additionally, it would give us the water to drink from with the beast dead." She glanced back at Tabu with narrowed eyes. "Unless there is more you are protecting?" She growled and then swung her head back to Ranzima.

"Who would I have to speak to, do you think, to propose such an endeavor?" Ranzima, though young, had been born within the Nergui. Surely the adolescent knew more of the traditions and leadership ranks than Kimya herself.

Kimaria

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:15 pm
Tabu seemed to shrink back at the female's suggestion. If she was the first to suggest such a thing he would not be surprised, but so far no one had taken action against the intruder in their new home. "N-no. I protect nothing more." He edged further away from the water then, side-stepping as neatly as he could across the sands. "Only trying to earn my worth amongst my new people."

Ranzima smiled a toothy smile, "you'll have to try harder than that. Protecting idiots from murky water isn't exactly something worthy of glory. If you hope to win the attention of a female or rise in ranks, you'll need to find your inner fire." She turned her eyes back to her new female companion. "What do you think, Kimya, does this boy stand a chance amongst us? Perhaps he'll be spooked by a Nergui and fall into the water himself. Oh, that would be very sad. It is rather a shame. His markings are quite attractive."

"What must I do, then, to become a better member?"

"Be...less...you?" Ranzima replied. The words came out unkind but she had meant it to be a bit more constructive. She was nothing if but honest. With a laugh she turned back to her friend, "what else, do you think?"

Tabu's ears folded down into his mane.

belloblossom
So sorry I dropped the ball on this. Not sure whether I just forgot or whether the quote didn't work. Either way, massive apologies!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:11 pm
"You want to be a better member?" She echoed, peering closely at the lion and then at Ranzima as she replied and nodded. When the question was then given to Kimya to answer, she replied earnestly.

"Leave the water's edge. We know that there is something here, we don't need to be reminded constantly." She shrugged. "And those that forget or want to tempt fate will get what's coming to them." She huffed, before looking more closely at the lion and smiling at him. "You know, if you're interested, I could show you around. I mean, yeah, you were technically here before us, but there's bound to be stuff you've missed now that we're here."

She took a step forward.
"And if you're seen with a Nergui lioness on comfortable terms, maybe others will start looking at you as less driftwood and more of a..." She turned to Ranzima. "Lion-fish?" She asked with a grin, chuckling lightly before turning to Tabu.

"So, what say you? Will you accompany me, or us, if you'd like to tag along, 'zima?" She asked the adolescent with a sideways look, before her eyes refocused on the lion at paw. "Or will you stay here indefinitely and be a joke forever?"

Kimaria
You can wrap it up from here I believe!

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:43 pm
Ranzima was impressed. Kimya had offered him good, sound advice and the male would have been a fool to have ignored it. Nergui didnt need babysitting - even their cubs! If they were foolish enough to go near the water's edge unprepared than they had only themselves to blame. "I'll come with you," she replied before Tabu could get a word in. She could see he was thinking this over very carefully. Maybe he needed prompt for a response.

The male peered back to the water's edge - the murky surface still and ominously quiet - then turned back with a faint smile. Ranzima could see the determination in his eyes, pushing away the wariness. There, that was better! Much mure 'Nergui' already. "You've improved him already!" she gave a short laugh, nudging her newfound friend in approval.

"I'll come with you. You're right. I've done all I can to warn the pride. I can't take responsibility for their foolishness if they go against advice."

"Exactly," the young female replied, turning to head back out and away from the water.

Tabu, with a stronger smile, moved after them.

belloblossom
fin! =D

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces