Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Am I in trouble? (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Medievalia2000

Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:22 am
I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I posted a similar post somewhere but I was so upset when I found out I might have done something wrong that I can't remember where I posted it. I apologize for my mistake. It won't happen again.

I followed a link in the intro page for beginners for the purpose of getting a Trading Pass which took me to the Bank. It asked for my password. I gave it and paid my 500 gold. a message stated that I now have a trading pass. Unfortunately, the part about scams and hacking comes down the page from the information and link to get a Trading Pass so I didn't know to check the address before giving my password and payment. Now I don't know if my account is in danger or not.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:43 pm
NorRainForest
I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I posted a similar post somewhere but I was so upset when I found out I might have done something wrong that I can't remember where I posted it. I apologize for my mistake. It won't happen again.

I followed a link in the intro page for beginners for the purpose of getting a Trading Pass which took me to the Bank. It asked for my password. I gave it and paid my 500 gold. a message stated that I now have a trading pass. Unfortunately, the part about scams and hacking comes down the page from the information and link to get a Trading Pass so I didn't know to check the address before giving my password and payment. Now I don't know if my account is in danger or not.

You're probably fine. ^^
Can you send me the link to the 'intro page for beginners' that you were reading? I can take a look at it (and that trading pass link) for you as a second pair of eyes to check its validity. n -n

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Medievalia2000

Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:51 pm
You're probably fine. ^^
Can you send me the link to the 'intro page for beginners' that you were reading? I can take a look at it (and that trading pass link) for you as a second pair of eyes to check its validity. n -n

Here's the link to the page: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=12515113

If you go down to the "Making Gold" Section, you will see a link to the Bank, which is underlined. That is the link I followed. I never stopped to think that a link in the Forums could be a bum link. Lol, I was so upset when I got all the way down the page to the cautionary area which said never give out your password for any reason. I was confused after reading that. Maybe I'm just being silly?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:03 am
NorRainForest

As far as I know you normally dont have to enter your password on Gaia.
If you buy in a normal shop (i.e. Barton Boutique, Durem Depot...) you dont have to enter your password in a specific field, the site will take the gold -if you have it, that is- automaticly.

However, if you buy something from the marketplace or interact with the bank/trading system, there is a lot of password entering.
So, IMO you are fine. Because everyone has to do it when it comes to interaction with other Gaians.
You wanna buy something from someone else on the marketplace? -> enter password to confirm
You wanna sell something on the marketplace? -> enter password to confirm
You wanna trade with someone? -> enter password to confirm... (two times, alltogether)
You wanna gift someone? -> enter password to confirm that you want to give it away

The link sends you to the Gaian Bank page, nothing fishy there. It's the official site.

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

Medievalia2000

Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:31 pm

You're probably fine. ^^

Thanks for your reply! I think I have got it straight now! smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:38 pm
" The link sends you to the Gaian Bank page, nothing fishy there. It's the official site."

I have been hoping the very information you shared was the case!

Thank you!

Medievalia2000

Phantom

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:29 pm
NorRainForest

You are welcome 3nodding also, if you use the yellow "Quote" button to the left above a post it is easier to quote here on Gaia.
#SimpleGaianLifeHack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:21 pm
Marc Gosgosh

Thanks for taking over! <3 I'm just now getting a chance to log back in to come check this thread.

NorRainForest
Thanks for your reply! I think I have got it straight now! smile

^^ Glad to hear your account is all safe.  

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items