Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Introductions
Heya everyone, nice to meet you :D

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zazpie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:23 am
Hello! I joined very recently and got sucked into the rabbit hole of admiring avatars. Seriously, I can't stop. Please send help :')

Went crazy over reading all the Lake Kindred guides and I am currently training my pets & aim to one day get a top tier tree killer! That will be my long term goal biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:46 pm
Hi! Yes, Lake Kindred can be a great way to pass time and get stuff. Good luck on your long term goal!

As for the amazing avatars here, I love Gaia's artists so much! Best virtual paper dolls ever! mrgreen  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:05 pm
zazpie
Hello! I joined very recently and got sucked into the rabbit hole of admiring avatars. Seriously, I can't stop. Please send help :')

Went crazy over reading all the Lake Kindred guides and I am currently training my pets & aim to one day get a top tier tree killer! That will be my long term goal biggrin

As someone who just has recently gotten his hands on a somewhat (at least tier 1,5) tree killer I can say...good luck mrgreen I opted for a Rock Puppy, because high dmg and a lot of stamina. Also a bit cheaper (~200-300b; I sniped one with 2 amulet slots for 150b) then a Spirit Fox or PegacornFluff...
Ofc, I dont want to give you too much, but if you want send me a private message and I send you my lvl 15 Oppossosaurus. He is not that great but you can use it until you figured everything out...then send it back or keep it xp (I dont mind about the level rewards...if you level it, the rewards are yours to keep). Or give you a lvl 1 Grunny I havent sold or trained yet.

Also, on another note: maybe you want to get started with some items -> I run a small Giveaway where you can request 3 items, you have to describe them, each week. Plus there are some events going on. One ends today and I can already spoiler that there will be another one starting tomorrow!

That was maybe a bit much so...welcome to Gaia, enjoy your stay 3nodding

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:05 pm
zazpie

Welcome! Aiming for a tree killer is a great goal to have. You can get some mad gold from that game xD zOMG, while it doesn't make the same amount of gold, is another game to play if you get bored or burnt out on LK.  

Auriga La Shock

zOMG Knight

81,050 Points
  • Graveyard of Achievements 500
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:40 am
XD <3 That is exactly what sucked me in too. It's hard to believe it now... because the avatar that sucked me in years ago is nothing compared to the pretty items and options we have now. @ .@

That's good that you hit up those LK guides. You'll definitely want tree killers. ^^

Also, you miiiight also want to check into Gaia's art community to fund some of your item desires. I thiiiink your art skill would net you gold at a better rate than LK. And XD you could even just offer up some quick sketch or chibi work for a quick buck. Seriously. (Even as a one-shot deal. Like, feel like spending an hour or two drawing instead? You can open up a quick temp shop, grab a few offers, and net yourself a decent amount of gold.) Definitely do your homework with the art shops too.
XD I know, I know. You're probably doing LK as a break from your drawing. XD Just want to point you in that direction in case you're okay with drawing for gold. (Users can charge gold or items... but cannot make real life cash (RLC) purchases on site. I swear users couldn't even advertise it in the past, but I've seen a lot of shops link people to their RLC sites.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:24 pm
Aaaaaaaargh thanks for your patience with my replies, everyone...! It's been a hectic time at work!

JoyRose
Thanks for the good wishes! Lake Kindred is so adorable, too! I just encountered Sandman Rose the other day and WOW the design is gorgeous!

Yep, virtual dress up is the best :')

Marc Gosgosh
Whew, Rock Puppy sounds so tough but cute at the same time! Thanks so much for the offer, I appreciate it! But it's alright - I filled out Lady Doge's form in the Lake Kindred forum and received a Chocolate Cow! So I used it to grind for a while and buy a Pumpae biggrin

Thanks for the link to your giveaway, too, I will check it out!!

Auriga La Shock
YES I love the integration that Gaia has with these minigames! In a way it feels almost like a tiny MMO, and it's so immersive. I really enjoy this system!

sdrawkcab
Haha!! Goes to show that over the years all the item qualities rocket biggrin

Ah! I've been trying to find out the going rate for artwork on Gaia :'D I've got a bit of a backlog of commissions on another site, so I'll be finishing that before moving on to exploring more on Gaia, but I really like how diverse the Gaia community is! It also seems HUGE, there are so many people online all the time :O  

zazpie

Auriga La Shock

zOMG Knight

81,050 Points
  • Stargazing Knight 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:03 pm
zazpie

Speaking of, I heard we might get a mini game for the Easter event ^^ I'm excited to see what they have in store ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:18 pm
Auriga La Shock
zazpie

Speaking of, I heard we might get a mini game for the Easter event ^^ I'm excited to see what they have in store ^^
Oh wow, I didn't know they had that in the works. Looking forward to it biggrin !!  

zazpie

Auriga La Shock

zOMG Knight

81,050 Points
  • Stargazing Knight 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:33 pm
zazpie
Auriga La Shock
zazpie

Oh wow, I didn't know they had that in the works. Looking forward to it biggrin !!

I believe they'll be launching the site event and zOMG event on Saturday or Sunday. At least according to the Lanzer's journal  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:43 pm
zazpie
Haha!! Goes to show that over the years all the item qualities rocket biggrin

Ah! I've been trying to find out the going rate for artwork on Gaia :'D I've got a bit of a backlog of commissions on another site, so I'll be finishing that before moving on to exploring more on Gaia, but I really like how diverse the Gaia community is! It also seems HUGE, there are so many people online all the time :O

*laughs* And styles, too. The avatar I saw that made me want to join literally just had a tank top and jean shorts on. XD; ... The old, gold shop tank top and shorts...

Pricing is sooo difficult to narrow down. @ .@;;
There's a Pricing Forum where you can ask users to suggest what they think it would go for. I haven't checked that forum in a while, but it's incredibly subjective and the suggestions used to really vary.
Users I know tend to skim the Art Shops forum, try to find art that looks roughly similar to the effort you'll put in, and try to guess from there. .... The problem is (and I went looking recently) the art pricing is inconsistent. It looks like everyone either charges like 30b or 100b. (or more) But XD; I personally think some of the 100b art is overpriced and some is underpriced. <.<;;;
Another way to gauge it is by comparing it to Lake Kindred. If you'd make more on Lake Kindred in an equivalent time... then you're not charging enough for the art. I know, common sense... but.. I like to ramble. XD
Another thing you can do is PWYW or bribe. Seems like, if you set up a bribe, you're asking for people to bribe you with enough gold / items to do the art for them. And PWYW allows users to pay what they want... and you give them art at a quality that you think roughly equates to their offer. So... yeahhh until you really know what your art is worth, you can ask others to offer a price. For the most part, I think buyers have been rather fair with the offers I've seen. I'm no good at pricing art because I haven't bought art in a long time. XD; I was recently gathering pricing samples for a friend and did the method of skimming the art shops forum for similar work to theirs.

Yeah XD; I think you'd end up with a lot of customers on this site... so squaring the old stuff up first sounds like a good idea. @ .@;;

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

zazpie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:11 am
sdrawkcab

lol! I think styles have changed a lot since back then; this was the same for Subeta - in 2008 everyone was wearing heavy fantasy and edgy outfits (I CRINGE AT SOME OF MINE FROM BACK THEN), but then the trend became more and more about being subtle and more "chic"!

Thanks for the link to the pricing forum; didn't realise that existed! But YES I've been looking around other shops and trying to spot the pattern, but it's so varied! Something goes for 900b, something else goes for 600b, but somehow they look to be of the same quality? Welp that's subjective valuation :') and probably how popular the artist is!

Also, I had a read through your avatar tutorial biggrin you have some really good points on there and I appreciated the Gaia trends section because it was a nice glimpse into the culture of a game site different to what I'm used to - for example, I've never seen split avatars before!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:18 am
Welcome Zazpie and nice to meet you.  

Ingenious Ariel

Liberal Genius

11,550 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
☆ Introductions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash