Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Cathy League's London Flat Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:26 pm
User Image
Danica Quinn-Smith
Gryffindor AlumnusHealer at St. Mungo'sProud Mother of TwoMarried to Andrew Smith

Dani smiled and she nodded along with what Cathy was saying, which, on the face of it made perfect sense, this was a girl’s night, not a couples night, and said diplomatically, “No, I suppose not, an’ no that’s not my thing,” the last bit of which she said with a bit of a chuckle. She could scarcely imagine attending such a party and being able to look her husband in the eye afterward.

When Cathy mentioned her thoughts on her post-Quidditch career, it reminded Dani of her own career plans, she’d considered doing exactly what Cathy was suggesting, but that was before the whole business at Hogsmeade, when everything changed. There was a pained look in her eyes when Cathy suggested such a career might make her daughter proud of her. “Oh, Cathy, you shouldn’t sell yourself short like that. You know in your heart Aria loves you and is proud of you and wants nothing but the best for you. How could she not?”

Cathy went on about Aria’s plans dismissively, and Dani said to her, “To hear it from Ron, Aria isn’t satisfied with making a difference; she wants to be the difference. And, I can think of her doing far worse things with her talents than following your mum’s example. Everything I knew of her, she was a great lady.” Mentioning Cara League brought back a lot of memories of that whole, awful summer, when she was killed saving Eli. It reminded her once more of how her first real relationship fell apart, and that Cara’s death caused Dani to try mending fences with her own estranged family. With a bit of force, she shoved those memories back in the dark corner where they belonged, thinking, ‘As a healer, I should know better than to reopen old wounds, and remember that it takes ten times as long to put myself back together than it did to fall apart in the first place.’

Spying Andrea’s wolf slippers was enough to cause Dani to chuckle appreciatively, and when Andrea made her suggestion, Dani nodded, and collected the glass Bella passed her way. “Best prescription I’ve heard all day. Wine and the company of old friends,” she said, agreeing with Andrea and Bella, and offering a toast, “Lechyd Da!,” before taking a long sip and feeling a level of tension slip from her shoulders.

When the subject of Andy and the family came up, Dani smiled, and answered, “Oh, Andy and I are fine, really; its just been the last couple days which have been a rough stretch. Just good old fashioned crudtastic timing, more than anything else. I was helping out in the Pediatric Wing, and I ended up staying overnight, because I didn’t want to just leave the Junior Healer there to handle things, you know, in case something came up. So, I get home basically just in time to get the kids packed up to go to the train station. I take the family to the place the Quinns used to take me for breakfast on Departure Day. We’re having breakfast, and Andy gets a call from work, telling him they had some emergency crop up, and they needed his help. So, he drops us off at the station, and he’s gone. I feel worse for the kids than I do for myself, especially Brianna; she probably would have liked to have her father there to see her off, instead of just little ol’ me. I get a call from Andy; yeah, he’s on a company jet for the facility up north of here, and so he won’t be back until tomorrow night. So, I was stuck Apparating home by myself. I don’t remember the last time I made dinner for just myself, going to the pub without Andy just doesn’t feel right, you know, because we always go there as a couple, and takeaway for one is just… sad.”

Dani shook her head, and added, “Poor Ron, I know he’s looking forward to seeing Aria again, and being with their friends, and he’s trying to keep me from crying there at the station. Then, I stuck him with being responsible for Brianna, making sure she got where she needed to be. Bless his soul, he promised me he’d take care of things, and that I shouldn’t worry. I probably shouldn’t have done that, but I did. I probably need to make amends to him, don’t I?”

mc2

kiska166

murruelecreuset

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:05 pm
User Image
Andrea Mina Hart
Natalie Lace Dufour née Kemp

Ravenclaw Alum
Potioneer at J. Pippins Potions
Pure Blood Werewolf

Dating Rosabella Winthrop

Location : Cathy's Flat (Fall 2056)
                                                  Company : Bella, Cathy & Dani

Andrea was beginning to expect nothing less from Cathy when it came to her opinions. Honestly the Quidditch player was very much front and center and seemingly had little filter. Though she wasn’t about to judge the girl. She managed to have a child which must mean there was more to her then meets the eye. Luckily Danica appeared to understand Cathy and was hardly offended by the other girl’s words. Andrea didn’t know if she could see Cathy doing catering for a physical career. Perhaps if she was running little minions around but that seemed a tad much. Luckily it would seem that was not her plan, but perhaps a ministry job.

Cathy made mention of her daughter and where she wanted to go. Andrea felt like she knew what she wanted when she was young, though things changed as time went on. Danica had a point though; it didn’t take much to make a child proud of their parent. Granted the wolf couldn’t speak for herself. Though she had Gus in her life, he understood she and Bella weren’t his parents. He seemed to see them as parental figures despite that but it was more of a mutual understanding she supposed.
                                                  “How could a ministry job be a waste of talent?” She asked somewhat curiously. Anything one wanted to strive at would hardly be a waste, at least that’s how she saw it.

Taking a glass of wine from her girlfriend, Andrea smiled as she raised her glass to Danica’s toast. The blonde would certainly drink to that. Taking a sip of wine, she listened to Dani share how things were.
                                                  “Sounds like you two are due for a break.” She commented. Her time lately definitely appeared to be chaotic to say the least. Andrea wasn’t sure how anyone could do it. “As for Ron, from what I know of close siblings, he was probably going to watch over Brianna anyway. That’s what my brother did for me at least. My mum consistently badgered both of us about how I was doing. A bit excessive but there were certainly no ill feelings there.” Andrea shared before taking another sip and grabbed a strawberry.

Older siblings just had this way of knowing what needed to be done and when you were close it wasn’t hard to see it all work out. Something Andrea had always been grateful for despite having an odd way of showing it down the line. Actually… faking her own death probably wasn’t the best form of payment for all those years of him looking out for her. Luckily, he didn’t hold anything against her given the circumstances.

OOC : - - -

The gaze of the wolf reaches into our soul...

Graydon Ironshield
                                                  kiska166
                                                  mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:17 am
User Image
❤ Cathaline Acacia League ❤ a.k.a. Cathyxxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxx< Hufflepuff Alumna > < Captain and Chaser for Puddlemere United > < Gifted Linguist > < Single Mother >

Wearing: Style for a Night In with the Girls
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

"Love and pride are two different things," Cathy replied to her friend with a smile. She decided best not to go into how she disagreed with Danica. Danica was the traditional mother who doted on her children, Cathy had always gone a bit different. She smothered Aria with protection as long as she could but was often busy with her job and not the one who was doing the protection.

Cathy laughed when Danica explained Ron's assessment of Aria. He was always such a sweet boy which was not surprising considering his parents. "Aria is a Gryffindor. That definitely sounds like her. As for my mother... why follow her example? An early grave for the sake of anything is a waste of talent. I am sure you wouldn't want that fate for any of your children. My concerns are valid. Regardless, let's discuss less dreary things."

She smiled and followed Danica's lead in the cheers and agreed with a "Lechyd Da!" from her own lips.

Cathy was thankful for Andrea's encouragement to Danica about placing Ron in a role of responsibility for Brianna. "I agree with Andrea one hundred percent. I, of course, only have one child, but I am a younger sister. David still dotes on me." Smiling innocently she brushed her hair from a shoulder, "In many ways I can do no wrong. Protecting me is just something he does. He protects Leah too. I even protect Leah where I can. Protecting each other is not a chore if you love your siblings, it is an honor and in many ways a joy."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: Sorry for the slow posting. I am recovering from a bad burn right now. sweatdrop }
                                                    Graydon Ironshield

murruelecreuset

kiska166

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out