Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Family Profiles
Kemp/Hart Family ~ Accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:24 pm
Kemp Family

(Updated 06/07/22.)

Family Members

Andrea Mina Hart (formally Natalie Lace DuFour née Kemp) ~ Age 42 ~ Ravenclaw Alumni ~ Potioneer @ J. Pippins Potions (Approved)
Gaspard Dufour ~ Age 18 ~ Hufflepuff Alumni (Adopted)
Neil Kemp ~ Age 20 ~ Ravenclaw Alumni ~ Historian (Pending)

NPC Family Members

Charles Kemp ~ Ravenclaw Alumni ~ Father to Andrea Hart (formally Natalie Dufour née Kemp)
Raquel Kemp née Dupuy ~ Ravenclaw Alumni ~ Mother to Andrea Hart (formally Natalie Dufour née Kemp)
Peter Kemp ~ Age 35 ~ Ravenclaw Alumni ~ Brother to Andrea Hart (formally Natalie Dufour née Kemp) & Father to Neil Kemp
Julia Kemp née O'Leary ~ Wife to Peter Kemp & Mother to Neil Kemp

Deceased Family Members

Aldric Dufour ~ Husband to Andrea Hart (formally Natalie Dufour née Kemp) & Father to Gaspard
Vivian Dufour ~ Mother to Gaspard & Second Wife to Aldric.

Accepted by: ✔ Essy [5/30/17]
Recent updates accepted by: ❝Yukitty❞ 7/11/2022
Accepted characters: Andrea [5/30/17] Gaspard [7/13/2019] Neil [7/11/2022]

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:57 pm
xxxxANDREAxxxMINAxxxHART xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
User Image
          xxxB A S I C S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              NICKNAMES Andy or Dre

AGE 42

BIRTHDAY May 1, 2014.

BLOOD STATUS Pureblood

MORE THAN AVERAGE Werewolf

WAND 10¼ inch, Pine Wood, Diricawl Feather Core, with a Bendy Flexibility, and Spiraled Shaft

GENDER Female

SEXUAL ORIENTATION Bisexual

LANGUAGES SPOKEN English & French

FACECLAIM Emilie de Ravin (reapplied) [x]

xxxL Y C A N T H R O P Y xxxxxxxx
              PACK Blood Oath Pack

BITTEN BY Lachlan "Lock" Kerr

DATE OF BITE July 21, 2035

AGE WHEN BITTEN 21

xxxS C H O O L A N D C A R E E R xxxxxx
              ATTENDED Hogwarts

HOUSE Ravenclaw

CLASS OF 2032

BEST LESSONS
                  Potions
                  Herbology
                  History

WORST LESSONS
                  DADA
                  Healing
                  Flying

OWL SCORES
                  Astronomy ~ A
                  Charms ~ E
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ P
                  Herbology ~ E
                  History of Magic ~ O
                  Potions ~ O
                  Transfiguration ~ A
                  Arithmancy ~ E
                  Healing ~ P
                  Muggle Studies ~ A
                  Mythology ~ O
                  Study of Ancient Runes ~ O
                  Wandlore Studies ~ A
                  Wizard Law ~ E

NEWT SCORES
                  Astronomy ~ E
                  Charms ~ E
                  Herbology ~ O
                  History of Magic ~ O
                  Potions ~ O
                  Arithmancy ~ E
                  Muggle Studies ~ A
                  Mythology ~ O
                  Study of Ancient Runes ~ E
                  Wizard Law ~ A

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT Potioneer (2045), Potioneer @ J Pippins Potions (2051) - Accepted

DREAM JOB Potioneer

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              ■ CLEVER I'd like to say I'm smart. I’ve always had a thrust for knowledge and a certain level of intelligence. I’m always out finding the next thing to discover and learn. I was quick to answer when I was in my classes and quick to listen when I didn’t know the answer. Once I took to learning something there was no stopping me. I’ve been told I’m a quick study. As I easily pick things up and learn what I need to, to go it solo.
              ■ INQUISITIVE I have always had a curious nature. I’ve always been the type to ask a lot of questions. Learn all I can about a topic or subject. Wanting to know how things work, I’d go to great lengths to figure it out. Though, I’ve never gone looking for trouble through my endeavours and I most certainly wouldn’t over step my boundaries.
              ■ BOOKISH Since I was old enough to read I was seen around books. Books were the key to the world when I was a kid. You could go on any adventure and learn anything just by reading it. I never had to leave my room to see the world. When I started going to school I read every book I could get my hands on, as I wanted to learn everything I could. I was quite the studier when it came to my classes. Oddly enough most of my knowledge has come from the pages of books.
              ■ FAITHFUL Call it what you will but I believe there is good in everyone. It doesn’t matter what someone had done because people can change. I want to believe that holds true even the worst of people. It might be naïve of me but it’s what keeps me going. I’ve always looked for the good in others and I’m never going to stop looking.
              ■ HUMBLE I’ve always been modest with what I’ve been good at. All my life I’ve never boasted about being better than anyone. Though, I used to be outspoken when it came to giving answers to questions in class or about my opinions when I felt it was warranted. However, that changed when I got married to Aldric. He put my down so many times that I now lack the confidence in myself that I had before. It’s hard for me to believe I’m good at anything now that I’ve been told otherwise.
              ■ SUBMISSIVE Aldric always had a way of getting me to do what he wanted. It didn’t matter what I wanted because he was my husband and I had to be obedient. When we first started being together, I’d do what he asked because I wanted too. But then if ever I messed up he’d make me feel guilty about it. When we got married, I tried to speak my mind and use my voice, he got verbally abusive. He’d tell me all the time that I didn’t know what I was talking about, that I was stupid… Things only got worse from there when he started getting physical. It just got to the point where I stopped fighting if he wanted me to do something I did. I became very weak willed and broken down. There was nothing I could do. I was after all his wife which in his mind made me his property. Since being bit, I’ve been trying to get myself back to where I was before everything…
              ■ FEARFUL Since running away from my old life and my husband, I’ve become slightly paranoid. Why if he were to find me? Figure out I’m not really dead? I don’t want to imagine what he could or would do. I’m afraid he’ll come after me. Hunt me down like a dog… It’s bad enough no one knows I’m a werewolf. What if people were to find out? What if I were to hurt someone? All these worried plague my mind every day and I have no way of escaping them.
              ■ LOYAL I’ve always been devoted to my family, my studies, my husband… But I never found the loyalty I have now until the day I was bit. Despite the circumstances surrounding it, I was given my freedom that day. Lock gave me a fresh start away from all the horrible things in my life. I will forever be indebted to him. I consider my pack my family and I would do anything for them.

My brother Peter
                  Books
                  Plants
                  Being a Werewolf
                  Being Free...

DISLIKES
                  My liking towards meat...
                  Aldric (my husband...)
                  Being Afraid
                  Blood
                  Jerks who pretend to be nice guys
                  Remembering the Past

HOBBIES
                  Gardening
                  Reading
                  Foraging for myself (if you call that a hobby)

STRENGTHS
                  Potion Making (So my brother used to say)
                  Seeing the Good in Others

WEAKNESSES
                  Lack of self confidence
                  Dwelling on the Past

FEARS
                  Being found by my husband
                  Hurting someone...

xxxH I S T O R Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              CHILDHOOD I was born Natalie Lace Kemp on May 1, 2014. My parents Charles and Raquel Kemp were both purebloods and both in Ravenclaw when they attended Hogwarts. I also had a brother named Peter. I called him Pete. He was older then I was by three years. That didn’t mean we weren’t close. Our family was very tight knit. We did everything together. Pete would always be there to help with my homework. My mum, she would always read me stories. And my dad well, I was his little girl. My childhood was as great as it could be. I wouldn’t change a thing about it. When Peter went off to school, it was no surprise he found himself in Ravenclaw too. We were all so proud of him, especially me. It was hard not having him around but we wrote each other a lot. I couldn’t wait to join him at school.

SCHOOL YEARS Once my time came to attend Hogwarts I was super excited. I was nervous the sorting hat wouldn’t put me with everyone else but I shouldn’t have worried. Being put into Ravenclaw was the best I could have hoped for on my first night. Pete was so proud of me, as were my parents. As I went through school I picked up a lot of classes. Found out, I didn’t have much talent with defense or flying and I should have avoided healing because I couldn’t handle the blood. I did however have a natural talent of potions and herbology.

Around my second year my brother found himself a girlfriend. Her name was Julia O’Leary. It was hard to believe since our parents always said it would be arranged for us. By my sixth year he was already engaged with the wedding around the corner. It was a great day. Not only did my brother get married that year but I also met someone. His name was Aldric Dufour. Everyone called him Al. He was a really great guy. He treated me like a princess and he seemed to really take an interest in the things I was interested in.

POST GRADUATION By the time I graduated I found out that he asked my father for my hand in marriage. My father said it would be good for me. Did I love him though? I wasn’t entirely sure. Naturally that summer after seventh year he proposed to me. At first I wanted to say no or at least not now but I couldn’t. He was such a great guy, who treated me right. We got married the following December. That’s when everything changed.

It started off with guilt. If I didn’t do something Aldric asked it was like I didn’t love him… Guilting turned for the worse when he started showing he didn’t care as much as I thought he did. If I disagreed with him or tried to share my opinion, I’d be yelled at or called names. I can’t even count how many times he called me stupid. The worst was when I made plans and he’d try to change them. Like I’d want to go out with someone but he’d want me to stay home with him. It was bad enough I didn’t work because Al was adamant that I didn’t have too. That’s when things got physically abusive. I didn’t dare say anything or tell anyone.

Two and a half years into marriage I couldn’t take it anymore. I’d hit my limit. Though my voice was broken and my will virtually non-existent I needed things to end. So one night I just ran. I ran into the forest when I hoped maybe something would find me and put me out of my misery. I just wanted to die and when my path crossed with a wolf (Lachlan Kerr) I thought that would be it. Instead I woke up and I was very much alive. Another wolf saved me that day (Vasilisa Markova) and although I was mad at first I grew to accept it.

I was given an out that day I came into contact with werewolves. I could register with the ministry or become part of the pack. So on July 21, 2035 Natalie Lace Dufour died and Andrea Mina Hart was born. Since that day I have come to find I have a great loyalty for a new family. As a werewolf I’ve never felt more free. For that one night I love it. Although I have an option not to take wolfsbane I do as I don’t want to hurt anyone. Though I do have my share of full moons where I just want to forget and be every bit a true wolf.

Since then I've kept to myself mostly. Until I met a woman in the woods one night named Rosabella. We become friends which was new for me since she wasn't from the pack. I developed feelings and eventually came out to her about that and the fact I was a werewolf. She asked me to move in after that. I decided it was a good idea for the dogs and I packed up and move to her place.

Things were good, I even thought it was time to get a job as a potioneer. However before I could do any of that I was taken prisoner by my husband. His new wife Vivian tried to save me. She was killed by him in the process of letting me go. I fought back and although banged up and bruised I managed to come out of it alive. He was dead now which left a child orphaned. Before Vivian died she left the child in my care. Gaspard despite seeing what went down seemed okay with his father's death. I've adopted him as my own as she wanted. It's certainly been an adjustment for all of us.

Before I knew it Gaspard was off to Hogwarts for his first year. He was sorted into Hufflepuff which I was super proud of. With him in school I finally reached out to my family. Found out I have a nephew at Hogwarts, his name is Neil, and he was sorted into Ravenclaw just like the rest of the Kemp family. It was strange not hiding in the shadows anymore, but it was so worth it to spend time with Bella more outside of the house. Next thing we knew Gaspard had graduated and it was only a matter of time before he’d move out on his own. Since my ex-husbands death I was able to take up my potion making again, though it wasn't until Gaspard was off at school that I decided to take up a job in it.

xxxR E L A T I O N S H I P S xxxxxxxxxxxxx
              FAMILY
              • Gaspard Dufour (adoptive son)
              • Charles Kemp (father) • Raquel Kemp née Dupuy (mother)
              • Peter Kemp (brother) • Julia Kemp née O'Leary (sister in-law)
              • Neil Kemp (nephew)

ROMANTIC INTEREST
              • Rosabella Winthrop (Dating)
              Aldric "Al" Dufour (Husband)

BEST FRIEND • None
              FRIENDS
              • Rosabella Winthrop
              • My Pack

ACQUAINTANCES
              • Members of Bella's Family
              PACK
              • Lachlan "Lock" Kerr (alpha)
              • Meuric Rhydderch (beta)
              • Vasilisa Markova
              • Arthur Jewell

ENEMIES Aldric "Al" Dufour (Husband) No one he's dead.
              PETS • Molly the German Shepard Retriever • Tiny the Chihuahua Pug

xxxU P D A T E Sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

UPDATED 06/06/22

UPDATES MADE
■ Age & Bio
■ Job Pending

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:53 pm
xxxxGASPARDxxxFELIXxxxDUFOUR xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
User Image
              NICKNAMES Gus

AGE 18

BIRTHDAY September 27, 2037

BLOOD STATUS Pureblood

WAND 11 Inches, Birch Wood, Unicorn Tail Hair Core, Supple Flexibility & Smooth Texture

GENDER Male

SEXUAL ORIENTATION Straight

LANGUAGES SPOKEN English & minimal French

FACECLAIM Alexander Ludwig [x]

Past : Colby Canterbury [x]

ATTENDED Hogwarts

HOUSE Hufflepuff

CLASS OF 2056

HONORS None

CLUBS
                  Culinary Club (1st Year off and on, 2nd – 4th & 6th Year)
                  Namaste Club (2nd – 4th Year)
                  Adventure Club (2nd – 6th Year)

BEST LESSONS
                  Herbology
                  Charms
                  Healing

WORST LESSONS
                  Transfigurations
                  Divination
                  Wandless

OWL SCORES
                  Astronomy ~ A
                  Charms ~ O
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ A
                  Herbology ~ O
                  History of Magic ~ A
                  Potions ~ E
                  Transfiguration ~ P
                  Divination ~ T
                  Healing ~ E
                  Muggle Studies ~ E
                  Wandless ~ D
                  Wandlore ~ A

NEWT SCORES
                  Charms ~ E
                  Herbology ~ O
                  Potions ~ A
                  Healing ~ E
                  Muggle Studies ~ A

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT Unemployed at the moment

DREAM JOB Auror

■ CARING Despite my father I am quite kind. I care for people friend or otherwise. I can be very sympathetic to the feelings of others, and truly have no problem trying to help. Though I know I can’t fix everything in the world I can certainly make someone’s world a little brighter. You really can’t say I’d intentionally hurt someone’s feelings as I wouldn’t dare hurt another person on purpose. If I did, I’d certainly try to make things right.
              ■ RESPECTFUL I try to be unlike my father in every way. That means being respectful of other people. I would never hurt another person, verbally or physically. Putting myself above others isn’t something I like doing. I’m not any better than anyone else. Even if I’m good at something I’m not going to boast about it. I’m actually quite humble but don’t expect me to be a pushover.
              ■ BRIGHT My mind is quick like a whip with understanding the things I see. I’ve come to be very observant to things around me. Though I wouldn’t say I have a sharp eye for everything I do notice things, perhaps some things I’m not supposed too. This carries over to me learning things. If I see it, I’m bound to pick up on it. Usually quicker then if I was just told what to do.
              ■ PROTECTIVE Growing to be quite concerned for how others are treated, I’ve become quite protective. I don’t like seeing people suffering. If I witnessed someone treating another person badly, I’m going to say something. I’ll stand up for them. Someone should. One might even call me chivalrous when it comes down to it. Seeing my mum being mistreated sort of made me feel the need to protect others from the same thing.
              ■ BOLD It takes a bold person to stand up for others especially those you don’t know. I’m not afraid to take the risk in helping someone. I’m fair from being heroic but I try to be as brave as I can be. I show confidence when it comes down to doing things. I certainly have the courage to figure things out and stand out with potential for being wrong. I’m not stupid but I’m not going to do nothing when I can do something.
              ■ LEVEL-HEADED Even in the most insane circumstances I can be rather calm. Nothing really sends me over the edge, not even my parents’ deaths. Nothing came from panicking or getting over dramatic. When it comes to situations, I’m also sensible. I know what can and cannot be done. Perhaps it’s just being realistic. Wanting to help doesn’t mean doing the impossible. Though, I’ll try my best to figure out a way to help.

Soda Pop
                  Cards
                  Books
                  Butterflies

DISLIKES
                  My Father
                  That my father killed my mother
                  Abuse & Bullying
                  Dueling
                  Wasps & Hornets

HOBBIES
                  Collecting Cards
                  Reading
                  Lepidopterology (Cataloguing Butterflies)

STRENGTHS
                  Studying
                  Healing

WEAKNESSES
                  Physical Anything (Not Athletic)
                  Transfigurations

FEARS
                  Being like my father
                  Being stung...

CHILDHOOD I was born to Aldric and Vivian Dufour. My mother was a healer when she met my father. He worked in the ministry. Though, I didn’t see much of him. Mum was the one I spent the most time with on the family estate. She taught me a lot and tried to keep me away from all the wrong dad was doing. She didn’t know it, but I saw many times where my father was abusive either with his words or with his actions. I never said anything being so young.

When I was seven, father brought a woman home with him. Mum tried to help but in doing so dad got mad. There was a fight and I watched the blonde girl kill my father. I hardly cared what happened to him, but I saw my mum lying there. She’d been hit by a spell and was badly injured. Mother told me to stay with the woman. I came to know her name as Andrea. She took me in after my mother passed on. My mum always had a thing for butterflies which I never understood. Since that incident I started cataloguing them much like she did. Andrea doesn’t mind taking me out to find them. Though I wish my mum was around to share it with.

My life turned out to be pretty normal with Andrea and Rosabella. Nice house, tons of dogs, I got to go hiking, and do other fun stuff. When it came to me going to Hogwarts I viewed them as my parents even though they weren't. Either way it was time for me to head off to school, a whole new adventure waiting just for me. I only hoped I could handle it, what was there to worry about anyway.

SCHOOL YEARS

Like your father? That's up to you, lad
              But, I'd say you're well on your way
              And you'll find that path readily enough in
              Hufflepuff!

Gaspard went into his first year curious about what was to come. He was happy with the result of his sorting and made many friends along the way. He joined a few clubs that he was a part of off and on. When it came to his classes he tried his best, doing well in some and not so well in others. Transfigurations would remain one of his deepest struggles. Though it was easily rivaled by Divination for which he had zero talent. Gus found an interest in a few subjects and tried his hand here and there at them. Though, some electives proved not as great as some others. Luckily Gus had done relatively well on his OWLs and even better on his NEWTs.

POST GRADUATION Graduating from Hogwarts, Gaspard didn’t really know what he wanted to do. He had wanted to become an auror but with his Transfiguration scores he knew he wouldn’t be able to. Though there were other things that he was sure he could get into that were at least in a similar field. However, he wasn’t overly worried about it. Fresh out of school, Gus wasn’t ready to hit the adult grindstone. He just hoped his parents wouldn’t minds.

FAMILY
              Adopted Family
              • Andrea Mina Hart (mother) • Rosabella Winthrop (unofficial mother)
              • Peter Kemp, Philip Quimby-Winthrop & Christian Barrett (uncles)
              • Julia Kemp née O'Leary, Alexandria Barrett & Cordelia Quimby-Winthrop (aunts)
              • Neil Kemp, Penelope Barrett & Syd Barrett (cousins)
              • Charles Kemp & Tristan Winthrop (grandfathers) • Raquel Kemp née Dupuy & Eleanor Quimby (grandmothers)
              Biological Family
              • Aldric Dufour (father - deceased) • Vivian Dufour née Kelly (mother - deceased)

ROMANTIC INTEREST • None
              BEST FRIEND • TBD
              FRIENDS
              • Hitori Miyazaki
              • Calliope Whitethorne
              • Jessica Quimby-Withrop
              • Ronald Quinn-Smith
              • Penelope Barrett
              • Cenek Knapp

ACQUAINTANCES
              • Hufflepuffs, 2049 - 2056
              ENEMIES • None...
              PETS • My mum's dogs

xxxU P D A T E Sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

UPDATED 07/06/22

UPDATES MADE
■ Updated age, bio & schooling
■ Added OWLs & NEWTs
■ Face claim requested

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:29 pm
xxxxNEILxxxMARCASxxxKEMP xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
User Image
              NICKNAMES None

AGE 20

BIRTHDAY February 12, 2036.

BLOOD STATUS Pureblood

WAND 10¾ Inch, Olive Wood & Diricawl Feather Core with a Bendy Flexibility & Smooth Shaft

GENDER Male

SEXUAL ORIENTATION TBD (Straight most like)

LANGUAGES SPOKEN English, French & Irish

FACECLAIM Freddie Highmore [x]

ATTENDED Hogwarts

HOUSE Ravenclaw

CLASS OF 2054

HONORS None

CLUBS None... Part of the school newspaper, 4th Year

BEST LESSONS
                  Transfiguration
                  History
                  Ancient Runes
                  Arithmancy

WORST LESSONS
                  Astronomy
                  DADA
                  Herbology

OWL SCORES
                  Astronomy ~ A
                  Charms ~ E
                  Herbology ~ A
                  History of Magic ~ O
                  Potions ~ E
                  Transfiguration ~ E
                  Arithmancy ~ O
                  Cursebreaking ~ E
                  Muggle Studies ~ E
                  Mythology ~ E

NEWT SCORES
                  Charms ~ A
                  History of Magic ~ O
                  Potions ~ A
                  Transfiguration ~ E
                  Arithmancy ~ O
                  Cursebreaking ~ A
                  Muggle Studies ~ O
                  Mythology ~ E

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT Historian (Pending Approval)

DREAM JOB Historian or Arithmancer

■ INTELLECTUAL Neil has always been very smart. Catching on to things and figuring things out relatively quick. His mind is constantly analyzing any given situation. He’s always thinking from different angles trying to figure out the best-case scenario. If he screws something up, he’s quick to learn from it and figure out a new approach. Even if he doesn’t know quite what to do, he's willing to figure out the answers to get to a solution.
              ■ STUDIOUS When Neil doesn’t know something, you’ll be sure to find him looking towards an answer. If he can’t find it in the world around him, he’ll be sure to find it through books. Reading and absorbing what he’s read is just one of the ways he works through his problems. Neil has a desire to learn all he can and by studying and focusing on academics he can do just that. He’ll be sure to put his all into his studies regardless of the subject.
              ■ DETERMINED In fact, Neil studies so hard that one could say he’s determined to get high grades. It’s not just his marks that matter to him. If he gets stuck on something, he’ll work through it on an extremely high level. His driving determination makes it hard for him to stop or even take a break. Becoming so hyper focused on needing to figure things out or in some cases to just get things done.
              ■ OPEN-MINDED Despite Neil’s seemingly stubborn determination to get the job done, he’s also very open minded. He’s more then willing to consider a new idea. He knows he doesn’t have all the answers and as such he’s happy for any suggestions anyone else might have. If is sounds valid Neil would even go along with someone else’s plans. He has no problem letting someone else take the lead, knowing he can learn from other people.
              ■ INDEPENDENT Neil is a rather independent individual with his own thoughts on things. Even as a young kid he was fine doing his own thing. He seems happiest when he’s left on his own to do as he pleases. Though that’s not to say he doesn’t enjoy the company of others. In truth he doesn’t mind interacting with other people. He’s just very self-sufficient and is fine with relying solely on himself for things. He’d rather not be a burden to anyone in his life, even if his parents don’t mind doing things for him.
              ■ DEPENDABLE Along with being independent and determined to get the job done, Neil is quite the dependable individual. He’s someone you can rely on to get things done "right". One can certainly trust Neil with any task. He’s loyal in that when asked for help, he’ll be sure to do his best to do so. He won’t leave a friend or acquaintance hanging. At the end of the day he’s responsible for his actions and the job or task given to him. He’s not about to break his obligation to another, especially when it’s mostly on him.

History
                  Books
                  Tinkering
                  Alone Time

DISLIKES
                  Being held back
                  Screwing up
                  Being Interrupted
                  Long to do lists
                  His foods touching

HOBBIES
                  Reading
                  Puzzle Solving
                  Tinkering

STRENGTHS
                  Mathematics
                  Patience

WEAKNESSES
                  Hand-eye Coordination
                  Determination

FEARS
                  Failure
                  Spiders

CHILDHOOD Neil was born as the only child to Peter and Julia Kemp. He was adored by both his parents as well as his grandparents. As at the time they were dealing with his aunt’s death and he was a great light to the family. His mother would read to him and his grandmother would also do so when he’d stay over. He found an interest in books at a young age and before long he was figuring them out. His father would teach him other things like how to tinker. Though, Neil was hardly the hands on get your hands dirty type of kid.

As Neil got older, he began to find an interest in other things, history and math mostly. He liked to solve puzzles and for the most part be left to his own thoughts. Always being able to do things by himself, his mother never had to worry about him. Though, she always did try to insert herself into his day to day activities. It wasn’t yet time for him to be as independent as he wanted. Though Neil never seemed to mind one way or another, so long as he got to do what he wished.

When Neil’s letter came in for school he was not at all surprised. He’d already shown signs of magic if only subtle. Both his parents were Ravenclaw sorted upon their time at Hogwarts. In fact, his whole family was placed into the house of the eagle. When it came time to his day to attend, he wondered if he too had the talent to make the cut. He didn’t doubt he was smart but was he truly smart enough.

SCHOOL YEARS

Well now, let's see then
              Quite the mind you have there, my boy
              You'll do your parents proud in
              Ravenclaw!

First year Neil was sorted into Ravenclaw for obvious reasons. He was happy with this and mostly kept to himself. He was content with his solitude despite his parents feeling differently. Second year Neil planned very much on making friends. However, it never really happened. Though he could maybe say his roommate was sort of a friend. They talked once or twice throughout the year. It was better then nothing. Come third year it was more or less the same with the added fun of more classes. Electives proved to keep him busy.

The rest of Neil’s time at Hogwarts was focused on exams. He wanted to do well on all of his tests regardless of how much he disliked a subject. Though, that would prove difficult. He did manage it to some degree. Neil even managed to dabble with the newspaper in his fourth year though it didn’t stick as something he deemed important. Evidently, he decided to remain content with the library for his spare time.

Neil outside of school was gifted with meeting his aunt Natalie or Andrea as she called herself. He didn’t really care what she called herself, but his father seemed happy to have her around. He only wondered why she hadn’t been around sooner. Apparently, it was very complicated and something he shouldn’t worry himself with, or so his father said.

POST GRADUATION Graduating, Neil wanted to get into his career rather quickly. He wasn’t one to sit and wait on it. His parents probably wouldn’t have appreciated it either had he done nothing after graduation. Luckily he was quick to get working on a career in history.

FAMILY
              • Peter Kemp (father) • Julia Kemp née O'Leary (mother)
              • Charles Kemp (grandfather) • Raquel Kemp née Dupuy (grandmother)
              • Natalie Kemp / Andrea Hart (aunt)
              • Gaspard Dufour (adoptive cousin)

ROMANTIC INTEREST • None
              BEST FRIEND • None
              FRIENDS
              • Finley Archer
              • Cenek Knapp

ACQUAINTANCES
              • Canaan Grey
              • Chadwick Knapp
              • Ravenclaws, 2047 - 2054

ENEMIES • None