Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands
[PRP] THIS is how you hunt! (Gidja & Kasai)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:39 am
User Image

He was an excellent hunter. Despite his coat being brighter than the sun, he was an excellent hunter. He used the sun at its zenith to his advantage and when he hunted he always captured something. He didn't always hunt because he was hungry either. Not that the food ever went to waste, he often took it to his parents, siblings or other extended family. His hunts never went to waste.

Today would be no different. Though he was a little hungry, he was not hungry enough to be out hunting. He was out hunting for the one thing he outright refused to say that he couldn't capture. A springbok. The swift deer were more suited to be hunted by cheetahs and he knew even they often had trouble capturing the creatures. Though he never told anyone of this, they had bested him a few times and he was trying very hard to suss out the best way to pin the little creatures and call them lunch.

He had been stalking the little herd for more than an hour and he had even pinpointed the perfect creature, it moved slower, it even had a bit of a limp, perhaps something else had tried and failed to capture it? Today, he would succeed all he had to do, was move another few inches and he would have it for sure, this time he would succeed.

ABVirus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:10 pm
User Image

Kasai was easily the most energetic of her siblings, maybe even out of the entire pride! She ran everywhere, rather than walking and when it came to hunting, she had a very notable trademark. Her flourish for hunting may have had to do with the fact that no one had actually taught her how to hunt! Her mother was a Guard and her father... well, her father wasn't even apart of the pride! By the time Yoru had learned and tried to teach Kasai the "proper" way, she had already developed her own way. The better way, she had told her brother before she darted off.

Today was no different. She had raced about the hunting grounds of the pride, keeping a good eye out for any prey beast in the area. The springbok herd was so low to the ground and far out that she nearly missed them, but once she did, she was rounding their way. She sniffed the air, lowered her head and raced forward, heart pounding so hard she could hear it in her ears.

She didn't notice the lion until she raced past him towards the herd. It looked as though he was stalking them.
Who bothers with stalking when you can chase them down? She thought with a snort and then plundered on. She narrowed her eyes, found one of the small deer lagging behind the rest of the spooked herd-of course they had seen her coming, it was impossible not to. She stretched out her front paws, unsheathing her claws and--

And tripped, her paw caught in a meerkat hole. She let out a roar of surprise and discomfort before landing, chest first, the springbok running out towards the distance. She snarled and thrashed before her paw came loose from the hole

"Stupid hole, stupid meerkats, stupid spring-whatever-prey-beast." She growled, ears flat. "I would have had it! I would have!"

Syrius Lionwing

ABVirus

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:16 am
The pale maned lion watched, almost awestruck as the white lioness raced past him, her technique, well, it wasn't a technique really, she had just barrelled towards the herd, undoing all of his hard work, the hours tracking down the little deer. The hours of stalking carefully, time planning all undone by someone just out for a little run?

Standing up from his crouched position in the long grass he marched over to the lioness, a deep furrow in his brow "And what, was that?" He raised a brow looking down at her paw. "Serves you right, what were you doing just barging over like that hm?" Again, a brow raise, could his brow go any higher? The higher it went the more disaprovement he felt. She had ruined his perfectly good hunt with her folly.

"Don't you know you can't just bolt at creatures that are faster than you?" A huff rolled over his lips and without a moments hesitation he put a paw out and lifted her foot "You're lucky you didn't break this. Who in the world taught you to hunt like that hm?" He takes a seat and lets out a deep breath "Its a good job I am not hungry or I would be much more angry."

ABVirus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:24 am
Kasai was already rather cross with herself, even if it was the hole's fault for literally tripping her up. The last thing she needed was for her audience to come up and berate her for what she was already doing inwardly to herself.

"I was going to catch the pride something to eat!" She retorted to his question. "And I could have done that if this blasted hole hadn't gotten in the way!" She didn't like the way he was looking at her, as though she were a cub that didn't know a thing about hunting. She knew how to hunt! Up until tonight her technique had never failed her! Running about, charging at anything that moved, that typically worked. Why it had failed when there was someone watching was beyond her. Was the Great Lion chuckling at her from where he watched? Geez.

Kasai flinched when the lion abruptly picked up her foot and looked it over, but let out a small sigh of relief when he declared it wasn't broken. When he asked her who taught her, she sniffed and looked away.
"I am self-taught; no one had the time to bother with teaching me." There was a distinct bitterness in her voice that rarely surfaced and she contented herself with pushing it down deep within her as she maneuvered herself into a sitting position.

"But..." She said, looking at the lion with sudden interest. "If you don't want me to mess up any of your future hunts... Maybe you should teach me." There was a glimmer in her eye. "What's the harm? You said you're not hungry right now anyway, so what else have you got to do? Hmm?" She pressed. "And who knows, maybe when your way doesn't work as good as you think it does, I can show you how it's really done." She flipped the bit of "mane" she had haughtily. "In a place with fewer holes, of course."

Syrius Lionwing
Sorry for the delay!

ABVirus

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:40 am
ABVirus
I’m really sorry i completely missed your quote!

Gidja couldn’t help but chuckle at the lioness. She was confident. Cocky, and maybe just a little self assured. When she said no one had ever taught her though, he felt a little sorry for her. If this charging in like a crazy critter had worked for her in the past maybe she had no reason to learn any other way.

He was lucky he supposed, he had been taught, and from those teaching he had learned to be an expert. He’d tapped in to that natural instinct and found out that he was very good at hunting.

Tilting his head he let a smile slip on to his lips. She wanted to be taught? He could do that. Nodding his head the white maned male gave a sigh “Well if you want to be my student I’m sure I can help you out.” He chuckled “I’v never trained a cub before, so you should be good practice.”

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games