Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Schnee la Neige'milima Lands
[PRP] Snow bunnies. (Onaedera, Mentha, Ra & Nodi )

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:56 am
User Image

The snow was home. She had been born near enough to the mountains that as an adult she had clambered the slopes and joined the pride that lived there. She was still pretty young and there was certainly a spring in her step. She was happy. With the joining of the pride came certain perks, the best of which was that Mentha was welcome here. She had been with Mentha as long as she could remember.

As a cub she had been adopted by her hare-shaped nanny and as time had passed and she had realised she wasn't actually a hare herself their friendship never wavered. Mainly because she thought of Mentha as her mother rather than her friend. She was all the family she truly had and pretty much the only family she needed, though it was very nice to be in a pride that appreciated hares so much and wouldn't even think of hunting her mint coloured companion.

The mint coloured hare always walked ahead. Since Onaedo was a cub she had lead the lioness where ever they needed to go. It was a habit long established and she knew it would never truely change. After all Onaedo was basically her daughter. The thought always amused her. She had a lion for a child.

Mentha skipped happily over the soft snow kicking up plumes of white as she ran ahead. It was strange not feeling afraid. When Onaedo had been a cub, it had been a daily challenge to keep them both alive against predators and pray beasts alike, they were an odd pair, but now, here in the mountains she was safe from the predatory lions and praised for their skills and cared for. It was a nice place to live and so very beautiful with fresh snowfall. Her breath twisted around her ears in soft smokey plumes as she paused and out of habit stood on her hind legs and looked around, her pink eyes wide and wild her ears turning comically. Being alert was a hard habit to break.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:32 am
User Image

Nodi and Ra had finally managed to part way from their guests. Having received several interesting pieces of information regarding the outside world, they had then returned the favour by ensuring that Gus and Durama were pointed in the right direction. Whether they got home or not from this point on was entirely up to them and both lion and hare would be unable to intervene any further. Both hoped that neither of the strangers would be inclined to climb anymore mountains though, gods only knew that that would end poorly!

Nevertheless, they were both now free to wander again and consequently, the lion was back on patrol. Nodi sat comfortably atop his head, the hare had the perfect vantage point to inspect the immediate vicinity. If further scope was required, he would simply leap off and hop in the required direction... For now though, all seemed well!

"Over there," Nodi finally pointed, catching sight of the slightest movements in the distance. It was small, and he surmised that it was one of his own kind which would mean...

"I already saw," Ra replied smoothly and shook his head. "Her companion doesn't hide so well," he added and motioned towards Onaedo who was close by, suffice it to say that the black and tan certainly stood out at the moment!

Syrius Lionwing

Epine de Rose

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:27 am
Onaedo paused when her companion stopped and looked around, she was used to this hasbit and she had picked up a twitch because of it, taller as she was than her hare she could see further and it wasn't long before her dark brown eyes landed upon a green mane. "Its okay Mentha, It's just a lion and his hare." She smiled taking a few steps towards the unfamiliar face.

Mentha moved in front of Onaedo before she could take another step. "Stay." She ordered the lioness standing on her back legs once again her nose wrinkled. They may have been of this pride but there were no guarantees. It was hard for the mint coloured hare to accept that perhaps Onaedo should have been protecting her not th either way around. The white hare that melded almost entirely with the snow around him captured her attention though , maybe this pair was friendly. "If I say run, get to the dens. I'll be right behind you."

"Mentha." The lioness dropped her ears and sighed "Mentha I don't think anyone would be this high up if they weren't from the pride." She sighed and nodded though, she would always take Menthas orders as law, the hare wa s like her mother after all.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:12 am
Both lion and hare exchanged glances at the hesitant pair; the dynamic was certainly different that was for sure. Ra was at a loss to place exactly what the problem was, but Nodi was of the view that they might be new and have very little awareness of who their fellow pride members might be. After all, anyone who had a hare up here was guaranteed to be a part of this very pride, especially if they were so relaxed.

...At least both thought they had looked relaxed.

Ra and Nodi made the collective decision not to close the gap and instead they simply stared at the pair in amusement. It was finally Nodi who spoke up, having finally bounced up onto his companion's head for a better view, it also ensured that he was visible against the snow.

"Sweetheart if you're not sure of your own pride mates then you really shouldn't be out here," the hare pointed out. "The delay in identifying friend from foe could get you killed if you spend all that time hesitating," he gave a little wag of his paw. Fortunately, Ra said nothing on this occasion and simply peered up at his own head... Nodi always had said what he wanted to whenever he wanted to.

Syrius Lionwing

Epine de Rose

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:31 am
Mentha frowned at the pale hare as he jumped on to the lions head. Their lack of approach and therefore lack of attack made her relax, just a little. "Well one can hardly know everyone in a pride, caution is hardly something to sniff at." She snips they had of course just come out for a little walk and to stretch their legs. The snow was nice and while it wasn't snowing it was cool and beautiful.

Onaedo chuckled quietly from behind her hare mama and looked at the brown, green maned male. "I think our hares speak for us." She smiled calmly and took a step forward "I don't think we are in any danger here Mentha." She whispers pawing at the mint green hare.

The female hare rolled her eyes "I suppose." She conceded hopping towards the two males she raised a curious brow "And I suppose you two know everyone on sight?" She tilted her head, she wasn't going to be out sassed by a male hare.

"Mentha, I think I have seen them before, the male lion is hardly invisible on the snow." She mumbles following after the mint coloured hare. She always took her lead from the hare and if she felt comfortable enough to approach she could follow.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:53 am
"We do," they replied in unison to Mentha's challenge and Nodi gave a proud little smirk.

"We may not necessarily know the names of everyone in the pride but we are aware of them," Ra explained and glanced briefly between the two females. Their dynamic was certainly different from that of Nodi and he, but he wasn't exactly one to judge. Provided it worked for Mentha and Onaedo he certainly wasn't going to criticise it, but Nodi did have a valid point regarding their caution. "Therefore we know most rather quickly, unless they are very new," He added gently.

"And I don't speak for this furbaby, I just talk a lot," Nodi corrected Onaedo with a nod, it resulted in a bemused smile from the lion. At least Nodi made no secret of his own chatterbox ways, even if it came as a surprise to no one. "That aside, you should probably be familiarizing yourself with folks if you're out here, otherwise you could get yourself in a dud spot."

Ra gave a nod, though it quickly turned into a cough at what his companion said next.

"And trust me sweetie," he glanced directly at Onaedo and raised both eyebrows. "Your little bunny girl over there ain't gonna be able to save you from the big-bad," he motioned with his paw to Ra. "That's what muscles here is for!"

Syrius Lionwing

Epine de Rose

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:40 am
"Muscles?" Onaedo looked at Ra and tilted her head "That's a weird name." She stated quite simply, of course, she hadn't really spent much time with other lions and she was very new to the pride, so maybe that was a normal name for a lion? Pursing her lips she decided to speak for herself for a change "I'm Onaedo and mama hare here is Mentha." She paused cautiously "We can look out for ourselves, if we need to." She nods, a confidence in her voice that she didn't entirely feel. They had survived this long alone they were in a pride now, it was safer here right?

Mentha snorts at her child's misunderstanding. "I think that is just a nickname Onaedo." She chuckles looking up at the hare and the lion, puffing out her slender chest the mint hare looked at them both defiantly. "I'v protected her until now, I know how to look after my own child." She quips, her pink eyes challenging. "We've seen plenty of bigger badder things while we have been on our own than your quiet friend here." She waved a paw at the brown lion. She wasn't going to allow some, male hare, to tell her how to protect her daughter.

Onaedo flattened her ears against her head. Mentha always flew off the handle when someone challenged her about safety. They had survived alone after all, she refused to let anyone tell her how to survive. "We are still learning the ways here but I needed to stretch my legs, please don't think us silly we have been alone for a long time. I suppose we are used to living by our own rules."

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:58 am
"It's Ra," the lion corrected Onaedo patiently, electing to completely ignore the hare. Suffice to say the smaller animal had demonstrated she was incredibly ill equipped to look after her companion up here. All it would take is for him to catch her and she would be dead, he could crush her tiny skull under his foot and she'd be able to do nothing more than squeal. However, if Mentha wanted to pretend she was a superhero then by all means, the guard would let her die and intervene to protect the lioness.

...The hare could be replaced by one that was better trained.

"Well, nice to know you're as thick as two short planks," Nodi snorted in disgusted at Mentha and glanced at Onaedo. "You be careful out here because your companion is a waste of air."

"Nodi," Ra warned.

"No, I ain't done," the hare waved his paw dismissively. "She thinks she can protect a lion against things she can't even see or hear, something she can't smell, something so well trained you can't outrun it?" Nodi wrinkled his nose in distaste. "Fluffball here might be able to shove her fat a** down a tiny hole but her companion," he looked at Onaedo and shook his head. "Isn't small enough to do that."

"A reasonable point but if thy want to walk in to death and be stupid then that's their prerogative," Ra swiftly knocked Nodi from his head and raised both eyebrows. "So long as they don't drag it back into our lands it doesn't matter what happens," he added. Nodi opened, then closed his mouth, it wasn't long before he gave a tiny huff. Ra returned his attention to Onaedo, once again ignoring the mint hare who had completely lost his respect through her own arrogance.

"Now if there's nothing else I think we've had more than enough polite conversation for today," Ra added and rose to his paws. "So long as you don't drag anything dangerous into this lands, you won't hear anything from me." He wrinkled his own nose. "However if you or your loud mouthed prat of a companion do bring anything back, I'll personally hand you back to those chasing you," he paused and raised a brow. "I do hope I've made our position clear -"

He then rounded on the hare.

"And you," he hissed. "Best learn your place, your arrogance is unwarranted in these lands," he added. "You will make no friends here while your levels of stupidity are comparable to a new born kit." He finished darkly.

Syrius Lionwing

Epine de Rose

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:06 am
Onaedo put a paw on her partner before she said anything further. As much as she wanted to back her hare up. They didn't know these lands. "We aren't going any further." She whispers nudging the hare gently with her nose "Thank you for the advise." She smiles a cautious smile at Ra and nuzzles her companion back towards the dens. She wanted to ask Mentha some questions, it was difficult, she was so used to it being just the two of them. She didn't understand why they would say such things about her mama hare. She had always taken care of her.

Although Mentha puffed her chest out and bristled at the words of the two males she let herself be nudged back towards the dens "I thought we would be safe here Onaedo, maybe I was wrong." She huffs and hops ahead of the lioness following their foot steps back through the snow.

Onaedo glanced back and smiled "I think we are safe here Mentha, we just have to take their advice." She let a sigh roll over her lips. She wanted to speak to Ra more ask him about what it was like being a lion up here but it seemed they had out worn their welcome with the two guards.

Epine de Rose
done?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:22 am
Huh, so the hare could shut up and do as she was told when it mattered! Nodi made a note of that as the lioness gently nudged her companion away from the two. He had been fully prepared for fisticuffs at dawn, he'd been ready and raring to go, and then Onaedo had quickly doused the flames and made to leave... All while being polite.

Ra simply gave his companion a warning stare to ensure he did stay quiet. This encounter certainly hadn't gone as well as his normal ones, but those who were new did need to learn what was safe and what wasn't. Insulting the very individuals trained to keep them safe was never going to end well, and assuming they knew better than those who had lived here their entire lives would only end poorly. Hopefully the hare would eventually learn this, but Ra was at least satisfied to see that Onaedo was open to advice.

"Why'd they pick here if they don't even want to be what we are?" Nodi grumbled as he was swept back on to the lion's head.

"I imagine because they saw your kind and assumed they would fit right in," Ra replied gently as he strode away from the pair and towards the borders.

"Yeah well, we ain't stupid enough to think we can safe your life from a pack of angry wolves if they get to you," Nodi pointed out.

"Perhaps, but give them a while to learn, they may come round eventually," Ra finished and with that, he turned his attention to the horizon...

Syrius Lionwing
/fin ^_^

Epine de Rose

[IC] Schnee la Neige'milima Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas