Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:02 pm
User Image

-Hi, this is an interest thread for Rapidash PokeSoq Herd Helper -

If you are interested and have some suggestions please post . The herd concept has the basic idea that the herd worships the Sun.

Looking for :
1 person?

List of People entering for the herd
AislingJuno
Malikztiah Ankhwave
stormflower
Rita Zyon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preference List

Aisling: 1
Malikztiah Ankhwave:6
stormflower:4  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:05 pm
Cult of the Sun God

The Basic idea
Priestly cult that celebrates the sun. The feel like their flames are a gift from the sun. The herd concept is based off of the Greek god Apollo . Following that train of thought the professions in the herd are namely musicians, prophets /shamans, healers. For the Dr Who fans think of the herd a bit like the Choristers and the Queen of years from the Dr.Who episode The Rings of Akhaten.

Though other professions would be allowed if the herd thought the profession honors the Sun. Musicians, will sometimes leave herd territory to travel among other herds to share the glory of the sun through song. However there always has to be at least one musician in the herd lands to help sing the sacred songs to welcome the sun every morning. The herd feels if the sun is not sung to, the sun will weaken and a great catastrophe will occur.

The Leadership rotates in the herd , not often but every time there is a partial or annular solar eclipse - the herd believes that the leader has failed. During total eclipse the herd believes that the sun is battling for it's life. The believe that the present leader has failed the sun and only the resignation and a great sacrifice from the current leader will strengthen the sun.  

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:06 pm
Questions, ideas, comments please post below.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:53 pm
I would like to be in this herd concept.

I think I would like to try to be a prophet how would that work in this cult? :3  

VelvetVixie

Feral Wolf

Malikztiah Ankhwave

Crew

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:40 pm
I love this concept, Aisling. ♥

My immediate question is if it would be possible to have some minor belief traits brought in from another Mythology? I'm a nerd for Egyptology and I love the concept that the herd Musicians sing to aide the sun raise each morning, and the belief that an Eclipse is the sun doing battle.It's vaguely reminiscent of myths around Ra as well, that each night the Sun is swallowed by the great serpent and is revived or victorious in not being contained with each dawn. So perhaps they may also sing at dusk, to give strength to the Sun for the darkness ahead, that it may also triumph and not burn out before they can sing it to raise the next morning  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:43 pm
I'm loving this idea!

What about when the sun eclipses the moon? Perhaps that would be something they would celebrate? I don't think that one happens as often, but I thought it might be interesting!

I like the idea of rotating leadership too. It's interesting!  

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:43 pm
VelvetVixie
I would like to be in this herd concept.

I think I would like to try to be a prophet how would that work in this cult? :3

Well it could be up to who owns the herd prophet or who owns the Prophets. I've been thinking that I might separate the prophet/ shaman into two separate jobs but they would have to work together often.
A prophet could be a soq that naturally get's visions or has visions while sleeping. The could alert the herd of danger as well as give advice to soq that travel to the herd for prophesies. It could be a thing for soq to have a pilgrimage to the sun cults herd for advice and prophesies.

Now a shaman could also receive visions but instead of receiving them out of thin air they would have to ingest a flower or plant that was mildly hallucinogenic or mediate to get to a higher plane -enter in the spirit world. The would probably want to find a fam that they could anchor their souls to.
In many cultures shamen are people that are considered to be two spirited. For example the could be born in one sex but consider their gender to the opposite It could be person who is likes people of the same sex or likes both sex. Or it could be a person who everyone in that family line for many years are shamans. Or it could be someone who very drawn to the profession. I'm going to say that the person who wants their soq to be a shamen has many options.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:48 pm
~Twilight...Angel~
I'm loving this idea!

What about when the sun eclipses the moon? Perhaps that would be something they would celebrate? I don't think that one happens as often, but I thought it might be interesting!

I like the idea of rotating leadership too. It's interesting!

Yes I was actually thinking about this earlier . They could celebrate the lunar eclipses which are easier to spot then most of the sun ones. The could see the sun as trying to fight for power with the moon and a confirmation that sun is more powerful which they think makes them more powerful. I was also thinking that they might not fear death because they might think once they die they will become part of a chariot that pulls the sun across the sky because it's believed in mythology that Apollo drives his chariot across the sky and they are after all horses.  

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:51 pm
Makes perfect sense to me! They could pull the sun, or become one with the sun. I like it!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:58 pm
Yeah that is also a good idea, that they could become part of the sun . It could also makes sense as they could feel like their flames are going back to the origin/ source.  

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:51 pm
Malikztiah Ankhwave
I love this concept, Aisling. ♥

My immediate question is if it would be possible to have some minor belief traits brought in from another Mythology? I'm a nerd for Egyptology and I love the concept that the herd Musicians sing to aide the sun raise each morning, and the belief that an Eclipse is the sun doing battle.It's vaguely reminiscent of myths around Ra as well, that each night the Sun is swallowed by the great serpent and is revived or victorious in not being contained with each dawn. So perhaps they may also sing at dusk, to give strength to the Sun for the darkness ahead, that it may also triumph and not burn out before they can sing it to raise the next morning

Oh fudge I thought I already responded to this. Sure I think the idea using elements from Ra would work. A lot of mythology stories have elements from other cultures and the sun god in Egypt was a big important major god at one point in their history. Musicians could sing at both dusk and dawn to strengthen the sun. Rather than seeing the sun as being devoured by a serpent I think they might see the sun as resting from battling the moon for dominance except on nights where their is an lunar eclipse . When they feel like the sun is fighting it's counter part.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:05 pm
I love this idea! If you'd have me. I'm not a big RPer much anymore but I'd be up for some plotting. I like the idea of the musicians singing to the sun each morning and evening.

Summer solstice could be the biggest day of the year for the herd. Inviting ideas for a great celebration and feast, so they could share their love of the sun with nearby herds and inviting more into the fold.  

Moxxiie

Moxxiie

Crew

Questionable Explorer

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:42 pm
Moxxiie
I love this idea! If you'd have me. I'm not a big RPer much anymore but I'd be up for some plotting. I like the idea of the musicians singing to the sun each morning and evening.

Summer solstice could be the biggest day of the year for the herd. Inviting ideas for a great celebration and feast, so they could share their love of the sun with nearby herds and inviting more into the fold.

Sure if you up for plotting and keeping to the character of the herd. Yeah the Summer solstice could be a big day of celebration and feats while winter solstice would filled with chanting and song all day and night long to strengthen the sun.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:28 pm
VelvetVixie is no longer trying in this herd if anybody else want to be a part of this herd feel free to post.  

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

Malikztiah Ankhwave

Crew

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:53 pm
Cool cool, makes sense~ [And I didn't mean the "swallowed by serpent" should be transferred more a 'nightly battle with the moon' but you got it all covered. ♥] I'd love to take part, I think a Musician that sings at dusk to help empower their Sun would be a fun angle to work from.

Haha and no worries about the forgotten reply bit it happens, and I didn't feel skipped over or anything.  
Chat and Plot Zone

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff