Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Kinsley Manor Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:43 pm
xxx× × ×xxxK I N S L E YxxF A M I L YxxM A N O Rxxx× × ×xxx

User Image

Located in Manchester, England

User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:52 pm
xxxx× × ×xxxxRESIDENTSxxxx× × ×xxxx

xxxVICTORIA ALICE KINSLEYxxx
Matriarch
Mother of Eric, Mother-in-Law of Brianne
Grandmother of Celeste and Sorin
NPC

xxxBRIANNE MARGARET KINSLEYxxx
Daughter-in-Law of Victoria, Wife of Eric
Mother of Celeste and Sorin
NPC

xxxCELESTE ELIOSE KINSLEYxxx
Daughter of Eric and Brianne
Granddaughter of Victoria

xxxSORIN OSWALD KINSLEYxxx
Son of Eric and Brianne
Grandson of Victoria
Heir

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:54 pm
xxx× × ×xK I N S L E YxxxM A N O RxxxI N F O R M A T I O Nxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxT H ExxxH O M Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              × Connected to the Floo Network: Floo Address is 'Kinsley Manor'
              × This home was built by the Kinsley family in 1854.
              × Since then, it has been the residence of the family's current patriarch and/or matriarch, as well as the heir, and their direct line.
              × It currently houses three generations of the family, the only members living aside from Alaric Kinsley, Victoria's husband, who has resided in Azkaban for the last 30 years.
              × Its interior has remained largely untouched since it was first build, but the grounds received quite the makeover when Victoria married into the family.

xxxT H ExxxP E T Sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              × Celeste has a Snowy Owl named Finnian
              × Sorin has an Eagle Owl named Alaric, after his grandfather.
              × Victoria keeps several cats, and the grounds boast a murder of crows which seem to belong to her.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:25 pm
I'll take my hope where I can find it;
Seems I find it here in you.
Hang your curtain, get behind it-
I won't even ask for proof.
Go ahead and read my fortune...
Cast your dice, divine my fate.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
𝒟𝐸𝐿𝒫𝐻𝐼𝒩𝐼𝒜
𝐿𝒰𝒞𝐸𝑅𝒩𝐸
𝑀𝐸𝒜𝒟𝒪𝒲𝒮

PUREBLOOD │ SECOND YEAR │ RAVENCLAW

Finny was a little surprised Celeste had invited her to come over- not because she thought Celeste didn't like her, because she knew she did, and she considered the other girl a good friend. It was just that, with what she had heard of the Kinsleys, they didn't seem the type who liked guests very much. Or really, any break in routine. But Celeste had been the one to invite her, so Finny could hardly insist the other girl come to her house instead. Besides, maybe her perception of the family was skewed, or the twins had exaggerated descriptions of their home life, although she somewhat doubted that- Sorin and Celeste did not exactly seem the type who exaggerated things for attention.

Armed with the address and her parents's blessing, although they had been shocked that homebody Finny was going anywhere, especially without Chrys or Sher, she appeared in the Kinsley hearth with a quiet cough, stumbling out and brushing off the skirt of her dress self-consciously as she peered around the drawing room. The interior of the home did not surprise her at all. It was very similar to how her own home looked, albeit a little... darker. "Celeste?" she called out, wincing at the sound of her own voice carrying in the quiet. "It's ah- it's Finny." What would she do if Celeste's parents walked in? Or Sorin? She wasn't sure what might be worse, although she felt a little guilty. Sorin had always been very polite to her, after all.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Tell me that it's not too late for-
A little second hand faith.
A line upon my palm that I can't just erase...
'Cause I need to believe in a hierarchic grace.
I can do without a book I'll never read;
Second hand faith is all I need.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:48 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxParlor
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxFinny
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxExcited
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

тнєяє'ѕ α ¢яєєρу ℓιттℓє нσυѕє ιи α ¢яєєρу ℓιттℓє ρℓα¢єxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ℓιттℓє ¢яєєρу тσωи ιи α ℓιттℓє ¢яєєρу ωσяℓ∂xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ℓιттℓє ¢яєєρу gιяℓ ωιтн нєя ℓιттℓє ¢яєєρу fα¢єxxxxxx
                                                          ѕαуιиg fυииу тнιиgѕ уσυ нανє иєνєя нєαя∂xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceCeleste heard Finny's arrival and pulled a face, looking wildly about herself to ensure she was alone before jogging back to the parlor. She would be in a lot of trouble if she was caught 'running' inside the house, but she hadn't intended for the room to be empty when her friend arrived. She'd gone off for just a moment to use the bathroom; it just figured that Finny had arrived right then. At least the other girl had shown up when she was already on her way back, and not while she was still occupied. She slowed her pace when she drew closer to the room, and used her powers to hide the flush in her cheeks.

space"I'm so sorry," she said as she entered, waving to Finny. "I hadn't meant for you to arrive to an empty room, I just, ah, I had to use the lady's room and couldn't wait." She blushed slightly, again glad no one was around to hear her. It wasn't proper to discuss such things. But, she could hardly say anything else, and wasn't really prone to dishonest except when it was necessary.

spaceShe smiled then, glad to see the other girl. Her holiday thus far had been dreadfully dull at best, and rather uncomfortable at worst. She'd spent far more time in her father's company than she was accustomed to, at least as herself, and was quite unhappy with the arrangement. But, the discussion of their betrothals wasn't something that could be drug out or put off. She would much rather get it out of the way and over with, so that she didn't have to worry about it anymore, and thus could go back to generally being ignored by Eric Kinsley. Of course, that was why she'd invited Finny over, really. It was also because she wanted to spend time with a friend, but she did have something of an ulterior motive.

space"Grandmother set up the solarium for us," she informed the Ravenclaw. "She might join us for a little while, if that's alright. I think she just wants to meet you. It's not very often that both her grandchildren show interest in anything, especially a person." If this was an odd thing to share, she didn't realize it. It wasn't as though Finny didn't know what Sorin was like. Kind, certainly, and polite. But very distant and cold in spite of that. Celeste tried to get him to be warmer, but he had little to no interest in even attempting to do so. Finny was about the only exception.

spaceCeleste gestured towards the rest of the house.
                                                          "I can give you a tour, if you like," she hummed, "but it's rather boring, I think. One stuffy old house looks like every other stuffy old house. I don't imagine yours is terribly different. Perhaps better lit." Her eyes seemed to sparkle with mirth as she said it. She disliked how dark the manor was. Father insisted on keeping it so, saying that too much light would damage the antique furniture. Celeste wondered sometimes if he forgot how magic worked, but she was never stupid enough to question him about it. "There's snacks and tea in the Solarium, though. Grandmother made tarts, they're wonderful. The apples are from her garden."

spaceMore than anything, Celeste wanted this to go well. She wanted Finny to enjoy spending time with her, outside of school. Being so formal and stiff made it hard to make friends, and unfortunately, Celeste didn't know any other way to be. If she ever had, it'd been taken out of her quite young. Finny had a similar upbringing (though Celeste was willing to bet it was much more loving), and wasn't as off-put by her demeanor as a result. She was also much more relaxed than the Kinsley family ever would've allowed Celeste to be, and the Hufflepuff hoped that building a strong friendship with Finny would help her bridge the gap between herself and her peers. More to the point, she genuinely liked the blue-haired girl. She wanted them to be best friends. She could only hope that Finny wouldn't resent her for bringing her up during the betrothal conversations. If her older sister was anything to go by, it might not go over well. But Finny wasn't very similar to Chrys, so Celeste had some hope that things would go at least more smoothly than that.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxтнαт ℓιттℓє ¢яєєρу gιяℓ, σн..ѕнє ℓσνєѕ тσ ѕιиg, ѕнє нαѕ α ℓιттℓє gιfт,
                                                          xxxxxxαи αмαzιиg тнιиg - ωιтн нєя ℓιттℓє fυииу єуєѕ σf нαzєℓ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxωιтн нєя ℓιттℓє fυииу σℓ∂ вℓυє нαт, ѕнє ωιℓℓ gσ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxαи∂ ѕєт тнє ωσяℓ∂ σи fιяє- иσ σиє єνєя тнσυgнт ѕнє ¢συℓ∂ ∂σ тнαт

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:25 am

𝒟𝐸𝐿𝒫𝐻𝐼𝒩𝐼𝒜
𝐿𝒰𝒞𝐸𝑅𝒩𝐸
𝑀𝐸𝒜𝒟𝒪𝒲𝒮

Finny was relieved when Celeste hurried into the room, and smiled with a small shrug. "It's alright." But the utter silence of the house was a little uncomfortable. Not that the Meadows home was always noisy, it was usually quite quiet, but this was on another level. She was glad Celeste mentioned the solarium, because she would have felt as if she were doing something wrong sitting on any of the chairs in here. It was like a very shadowy museum.

"Oh, that's um, fine," Finny said, a bit taken aback by the fact that their grandmother, of all people, wanted to meet her. Well, she supposed it wasn't that odd, but she hadn't thought Sorin had showed much of an interest in her at all, beyond what he had to due to Celeste's prodding. Maybe she was just very bad at reading him.

Celeste offered a tour, a bit reluctantly, and Finny shook her head. "No, I wouldn't want to bother anyone." She wasn't even sure how many people actually lived here- Sorin and Celeste had no other siblings, of course, but they could potentially have aunts and uncles and cousins. Besides, as Celeste had said... barring any secret rooms, she suspected the house was very much the same.

And she was a bit hungry, so she visibly brightened at the mention of tarts. "I love apples. We have a garden at home, but it's mostly all different breeds of flowers... which I suppose fits with the family," she huffed in amusement. After all, it'd be odd if a family dedicated to naming all their children after plants didn't actually like flowers or have any talent for gardening. "I don't think we have any apple trees, though." Maybe she could ask for seedlings from Celeste and convince Aunt Anthea to help her plant some. Mother wouldn't want to get dirty doing so.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:54 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxParlor
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxFinny
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxExcited

spaceCeleste was more than willing to admit to herself that she was glad Finny had declined the tour. Personally, the Huffelpuff didn't think her family home was much to brag about. Oh, it was pretty, and all the things inside were expensive and nice. But it distinctly lacked character, which had always bothered her. Grandmother and Father were both exceedingly particular about everything, and Mother was more than happy to simply go along with whatever they wanted. Sorin couldn't care less, about the house or most anything else regarding their family. The only thing he felt passionate about at all was how much he hated their father. Celeste was bothered by a lot of things, though, and the house was just the tip of the iceberg.

space"Well, the Solarium is this way, in that case. I'll at least point you to the facilities in case you need to use them." As she led the way, she found herself wishing they had House-Elves. Proper ladies were not supposed to discuss the existence and use of lavatories, after all. But, without a House-Elf or other servant to do so, it fell on Celeste as the hostess. She could hardly leave Finny to wonder where it was, and with the uncomfortable task of having to ask about it should she need it. As they walked through the halls, they passed the door in question, and Celeste pointed it out. "That's the closest one to the Solarium," she informed her friend. "It should be easy to find, since there's just one corner to turn between them."

spaceThey reached the corner in question, the door to the Solarium looking slightly out of place in the otherwise dark and dismal manor. Sunlight poured into the hall through its windows, the curtains having been drawn back for the occasion. Normally, like every other window in the house, they were left covered. "This is my favorite room in the house," Celeste said cheerfully. "I spend most of my time here, reading. Or outdoors. Grandmother has a few horses, she lets me ride them. Have you ever ridden a horse?" If she hadn't, Celeste wondered if Grandmother would be up to giving a lesson. Assuming Finny was interested, of course.

spaceClose to the far side of the solarium, there was a small table set up, with tea and various treats. Celeste led Finny to it, sliding into her chair with a smile.
                                                          "I'm sure Grandmother would be more than happy to give you some seeds. Or perhaps even a sapling. She has a lot of them. Apple trees have very lovely blossoms, I can't imagine they'd look out of place on your family's property." She'd heard some rumors about the Meadows land, about the gardens there. It made sense, she supposed, for the family to take great pride in them. It was their namesake, more or less. "They're not hard to grow, really. I'm sure with the experience your family has growing things, you'd take very good care of one or two." Personally, Celeste loved her grandmother's apple trees. And all her other trees, and her vegetable garden. Father didn't care much for them, he said the property wasn't supposed to be a farm. But, of course, he was still the son in that scenario, and deferred to his mother, even as he obviously disliked it. The Hufflepuff had often wondered, though, how long that would last. Hopefully, she would be married and long gone before Father decided his days of listening to his mother were over. Poor Sorin, though. He was the heir, he'd be stuck listening to it.

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:59 pm

𝒟𝐸𝐿𝒫𝐻𝐼𝒩𝐼𝒜
𝐿𝒰𝒞𝐸𝑅𝒩𝐸
𝑀𝐸𝒜𝒟𝒪𝒲𝒮

Finny nodded as Celeste pointed out the bathroom as they passed, not wanting to comment on it and embarrass her friend, who already seemed uncomfortable just referencing it. Finny had no such qualms, although she wouldn't have been crude about it- it was just that even within her own strict, traditional family, such things weren't considered anything to fret over. The solarium itself was a welcome, sunny sanctuary, and Finny was relieved there seemed to be some actual life in it- the house just felt so oppressive. "It's beautiful," she said happily, crossing into the bright room. "And no, we don't have any horses, although I think we used to... I can't picture my parents ever riding, and if we did, Chrys would probably have used them to play knight even more when we were little," she commented dryly. "I've never ridden one, but I'd like to, someday. Horses always seem so peaceful."

The Ravenclaw sat with her friend, belatedly smoothing her skirt. "Apple trees would be nice," she agreed. "My father says we just live on land that's very good for growing things, but I'd think there has to be some magic in it, from long ago. Your grandmother could be a wonderful herbologist- that is, if she likes magical plants as well." Finny knew that insinuating that a woman could have a career might be a sore point among the Kinsleys, but from what she understood, Celeste's grandmother was widowed anyways, and it wasn't as if she had young children who needed someone to raise them. What was wrong with an older woman devoting her life to something else? Finny had always imagined that she'd work after her children were school-aged, when she was married. What would she do, otherwise? Sit at home and order about the house elves? Shop?

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:43 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxParlor
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxFinny
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxExcited

spaceCeleste preened a little at the compliment to the Solarium. It was her grandmother's, really, but she helped out a lot with keeping it up and the decor. Her little slice of personal space, aside from her room. She half wanted Finny to see that as well, if only to prove that she wasn't so... dismal, as the rest of her family. She always thought it quite important that people realize she wasn't very much like them at all, except in the ways she had to be. She giggled slightly at the comment regarding Finny's older sister, pouring her friend a cup of tea as she did so. "I can see her doing that," she replied. "Your sister is very... uh, interesting. I find her sort of admirable, really." A half-truth; Celeste was jealous. Chrys might be outlandish at times, and her manners were horribly lacking for someone of her station. But, she was so... free. And where she wasn't, she fought against her restraints as best she could. Celeste would never have the courage to do that. But, then, she supposed there was a reason the older girl had been sorted into Gryffindor. "I half expect that one day Chrys will actually be a knight. Or, the closest you can get these days." Would that be an Auror? That didn't seem to fit quite right, but she supposed it would do. Her own parents would have a fit if she even entertained the idea.

space"If you like," she began, trying to circle the topic back around, "I can talk to Grandmother about teaching you to ride. She likes doing that sort of thing. Teaching, I mean. She's very nurturing, and only ever had one son and two grandchildren to nurture." And her son, from what Celeste could see, didn't much care to be nurtured, anyway. Sometimes she couldn't believe he was her grandmother's son. Sorin... well, he preferred being spoiled, to be perfectly honest.

spaceShe filed away a mental note to ask Grandmother about the apple trees, after Finny had left. She wouldn't do it while the Ravenclaw was here, since that would probably embarrass her. She didn't quite mask her wince at the comment that her grandmother could be a herbologist, face apologetic and uncomfortable.
                                                          "I've said so," she replied, "but Grandmother doesn't respond well to the comment. She likes being called a gardener, even considered making something of a job out of it, for fun. But if you say 'herbologist' she gets angry and quiet. I'm not sure why." Celeste had always figured it had something to do with her grandfather. She didn't know much about the man, except that he was in prison for doing something horrible. That was enough for her to know she didn't want to know anything about him. She was just glad that he'd been locked up long before she was ever born.

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:22 pm

𝒟𝐸𝐿𝒫𝐻𝐼𝒩𝐼𝒜
𝐿𝒰𝒞𝐸𝑅𝒩𝐸
𝑀𝐸𝒜𝒟𝒪𝒲𝒮

Finny was surprised Celeste found Chrys 'admirable'. She knew Sorin didn't like Chrys. Or rather, didn't approve of her. Technically, she didn't 'know' but she could tell. Just because he didn't come right out and say it didn't mean he wasn't thinking it. She supposed it was just the way he'd been raised, but it was hard for her to see her sister in any light but a positive one. Without Chrys she'd be a far shyer, more timid person. "Probably. Chrys does whatever she likes- or, well, she tries her best." After all, she was still betrothed to Julius.

But even then, her sister walked all over the Slytherin boy, at least in the sense that Finny doubted he'd ever dare try to tell her what to do, although he could be a bit passive aggressive. Chrys just tended to be a bit... reactionary, trying to ward off him condescending to her before it actually happened. Finny did not believe for one moment that Chrys would actually marry him. She might play along reluctantly, but once she was seventeen Mother and Father couldn't make her do anything she didn't want to, and if it came down to marrying Julius or losing her inheritance, Finny knew she'd choose striking off on her own in a heartbeat.

"That's very kind of you to offer," the Ravenclaw said with a small smile when Celeste offered. "I'd like that very much, if you're sure she'd enjoy it." Not sure how to respond to the fact that the woman apparently had some serious aversion to herbologists, Finny simply nodded, making a note to never even reference the subject in the woman's presence. "If you... if you ever wanted to come visit me, you're always welcome," she broached a bit encouragingly. "We rarely ever have guests and Mother and Father leave us to our own devices, most of the time. I suppose... there's not a whole lot to do, but we have the gardens and the library and the house elves make the very best cakes. And you could meet my brother Sher, although you'll see him in September either way, he's starting this year." She could hardly believe it, even though he was only a year her junior.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:43 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Kinsley Manor
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Ministry Guy
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Getting a Foster Home
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I just want to be alone

Awstin was tired. He was tired of being questioned by Ministry officials, tired of being passed along to person after person, but most importantly, he was simply tired from all the events of his summer. He'd been kept under constant surveillance, between the Ministry and St Mungo's, he hadn't had a moment alone in weeks. That morning, he'd overheard one of the formally dressed Ministry guys talking about a temporary living situation for him, and Aws listened, though he pretended he wasn't. Apparently the nice older lady, Victoria, had stepped up to be a caretaker for him. That morning, he'd let loose a few tears for the first time since the "situation". He was finally going somewhere safe and quiet.

Of course, that meant first going back to his own house to pack all his belongings, which he did without much issue. The Ministry official had pushed him past the kitchen rather hastily, despite the teen having tried to look and see what was remaining. Unfortunately, he didn't really get to look, because he'd been pushed on into his room. Oh well. He packed all his school things, plus most of the rest of his closet. Carefully and furtively, he also packed his childhood stuffed animal, a plush owl with a missing eye he'd gotten from his mom before she left. He packed it under his clothes so no one would notice. He also grabbed a few small trinkets and his piggy bank, just in case he needed the money. He wasn't used to being less than well off, so he figured it couldn't hurt. Once he'd packed everything he'd need, the Ministry official swept him out of the house and away to their final destination.

As soon as they landed before the Kinsley Manor, Aws was taken aback by the... charm of the place. He'd assume he'd be shufted to the orphanage or a run-down foster home, but he was relieved to find out that the home was well taken care of, and perhaps as old as his own home. The duo walked up the path toward the door, and Awstin had to admit he was a bit nervous. Sure, he could probably overpower a little old lady, given that he had just done the same with his father, and he was quite a bit larger than himself. Then again, he wasn't particularly sure he was happy with the end result. On the one hand, he wouldn't be abused anymore, but on the other, he found out that his own mother still didn't want him, and in fact had denounced him as an "evil spawn" so... that was a bit difficult. Oh well. The past was past... even though it was still very present. Once at the door, Awstin was shaken from his thoughts by the booming knocks on the door. Hell, Ministry guy, he didn't need to break the door down to get someone to answer. Maybe it was just the residual headache that made the sound seem louder than it had really been. "Don't worry, kiddo, you'll be in safe hands soon." Awstin looked at the man, furrowing his eyebrows. "And here I thought you were supposed to be safe. Serves me wrong, then." He crossed his arms, feeling a little vindicated when the man blanched and looked away all annoyed. Good. Now they just had to wait for the old lady to open the door so Awstin could get on with life.

Cara MiaKitty

Wʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏ I ᴅᴏ ᴛᴏ ɪɢɴᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᴍᴇ? Dᴏ I ꜰᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ᴍʏ ɪɴsᴛɪɴᴄᴛs ʙʟɪɴᴅʟʏ?
Dᴏ I ʜɪᴅᴇ ᴍʏ ᴘʀɪᴅᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ʙᴀᴅ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs? Aɴᴅ ɢɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ ᴛᴏ sᴀᴅ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ᴍᴀᴅᴅᴇɴɪɴɢ?
Dᴏ I sɪᴛ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ, ᴏʀ ᴅᴏ I ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʀᴇᴅ-ʜᴀɴᴅᴇᴅ?
Dᴏ I ᴛʀᴜsᴛ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴇᴛ ꜰᴏᴏʟᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴘʜᴏɴɪɴᴇss, ᴏʀ ᴅᴏ I ᴛʀᴜsᴛ ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴀɴᴅ ʟɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ ʟᴏɴᴇʟɪɴᴇss?
Bᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴏɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ sᴛʀᴇᴛᴄʜᴇᴅ sᴏ ᴛʜɪɴ, I ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴍᴏᴠᴇs ʙᴜᴛ I'ᴍ ʟᴏsᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜɪɴ
I ᴘᴜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴅᴀɪʟʏ ꜰᴀᴄ̧ᴀᴅᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇɴ I ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴇɴᴅ ᴜᴘ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴜʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ʙʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟꜰ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:16 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                          ι нave ѕcreaмed υnтιl мy veιnѕ collapѕed
                                          ι've waιтed laѕт, мy тιмe'ѕ elapѕed
                                          now, all ι do ιѕ lιve wιтн ѕo мυcн ғaтe
                                          ι've wιѕнed ғor тнιѕ, ι've вιтcнed aт тнaт
                                          ι've leғт вeнιnd тнιѕ lιттle ғacт:
                                          yoυ cannoт ĸιll wнaт yoυ dιd noт creaтe

spaceThe sound of someone knocking, quite loudly, on the front door drew the twin's attention immediately. The pair stood almost in unison from their place at the kitchen counter, Celeste smoothing her skirt as Sorin straightened his shirt. The pair gave each other a quick once-over, then shared a nod, before heading towards the front door. Their grandmother beat them there, only just, the pair falling into place just behind her. She offered them both a smile, one that was contradicted by the hard look in her eyes. "I expect you both to be courteous to our new resident," she said, voice quiet and firm. They both nodded, replying, "Of course, Grandmother," in unison. She nodded appreciatively, then went to open the door.

spaceIt was almost strange to watch Victoria Kinsley transform from the cold and calculating grandmother they were accustomed to, to her more genial, warm-hearted public persona. The twins met each other's gazes once again, Sorin arching a brow at his sister, who simply shrugged in response. Victoria paid neither of them any mind, focused as she was on the ministry employee at their door, and the young man accompanying him. "Mister Soloman," she greeted, reaching out a hand to touch the man's elbow, even as the other went to shake his hand. "Please do come in. Young Mister Tittensor, it's good to see you again. I hope you're doing well?" She paused, expression growing sympathetic. "Well, as well as anyone can be, given the circumstances, in any case."

spaceShe stepped aside, both to allow the pair to enter the house, and to make the twins more visible. She gestured to them both, smiling. "My grandchildren, Celeste and Sorin," she introduced, then turned to the pair. "Why don't you both take dear Awstin to the kitchen, hm? I'm sure they haven't fed him yet today." She laughed faintly, offering the ministry official a kind smile. "That's not a critique, of course, I'm just sure you've been very busy, and it's early still. If you'll follow me, we can retire to the study to go over the paperwork and the like." The hand on Mr. Soloman's elbow grew somewhat insistent, pulling the man towards the study once he'd nodded his assent, leaving the three teens with little more than a comment that he'd see Awstin before he left.

spaceNow alone, Sorin took charge, stepping forward and offering Awstin his hand. "Sorin Kinsley," he introduced, then stepped aside. Celeste, for her part, curtsied slightly even as she offered her own hand. "Celeste," she chirped with a smile. "Which of course you clearly knew, seeing as Grandmother just said so." Sorin scoffed somewhat, rolling his eyes playfully at his sister. Then he gestured down the hall towards the kitchen. "Shall we, then? I'm starved." Celeste murmured her agreement, waiting for Sorin to lead the way, intending to follow behind the boys.

pυll мe вacĸ тogeтнer or ѕeparaтe тнe ѕĸιn ғroм тнe вone
                                          leave мe all тнe pιeceѕ, and тнen yoυ can leave мe alone
                                          тell мe тнe realιтy ιѕ вeттer тнan dreaм
                                          вυт ι ғoυnd oυт тнe нard way, noтнιng ιѕ wнaт ιт ѕeeмѕ

wнere - Kitchen to Entryway
                                          wнen - Summer 2044
                                          wιтн - Grandmother, Awstin
                                          - ooc -
                                          blah blah blah

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:17 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Celeste and Sorin
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Getting Food?

Awstin stood beside the Ministry guy, who checked his watch for the fifth time in about twelve seconds. He was impatient and probably had a stick up his butt. The younger male sighed, only straightening up when the door began to open. His years of being forced to be polite were playing out, but he wasn't sure if he could break them easily. It was the older lady, Victoria there, which was good. He sent her a small smile, though it wasn't a happy sort. More one that shouted "help me". He hated being pitied, but he would rather be pitied than stay stuck with the arsehole Ministry dude.

He stepped out of the way so the adults could talk, though he kept close enough to listen. After all, they were talking on his behalf, and he was an adult... well, almost. He was asked if he felt well, and he sighed softly. "Just tired, I suppose." The woman stepped aside and invited them inside, so Aws walked in, looking a bit taken aback by the two slightly older (but still probably teenaged) kids inside. They were promptly introduced as Victoria's grandchildren, Celeste and Sorin. Now... where had he heard those names before? It had something to do with scandal, he was sure, but he couldn't remember what sort. At least, not off the top of his head. His father had always been the gossipy b***h of the family. Just thinking about Langston caused Awstin to grit his teeth in annoyance, seeing red for an instant before he reigned it in. No sense seeming mad at this family, after all.

Aws was wondering what to do next, when Victoria asked the other two to take him. Take him where? For food? But he wasn't sure if he could trust them, at least not yet. He glanced up at the older lady before she tugged along the Ministry guy, Soloman. He warned that he'd check in again before he left, to which Awstin simply sighed. He didn't need the stupid Ministry checking on him every five minutes, damn it! Though now he was acutely aware of the other two. The male stepped forward and offered a hand and repeated his name. The younger teen shook hands politely, then did the same for Celeste, who... curtsied? Were they older than the house? "Awstin. Awstin Tittensor. Though, I'm sure you both knew that." He tucked his hands in the small of his back, trying to appear at least a little taller. He wasn't particularly short, though he also wasn't terribly tall either. At least he wasn't on either extreme. He looked over at Sorin when he said he was starved, then blinked. When was the last time he'd eaten? Maybe yesterday? Or had it been the day before? All he knew was that he'd been offered food a few times, though he denied it. Awstin wasn't much of a big eater, after all, and especially after such extreme situations. For now, he figured he'd play nice, if only to appease his hosts. "I could eat, I suppose."

Cara MiaKitty

Dᴏ I ʜɪᴅᴇ ᴍʏ ᴘʀɪᴅᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ʙᴀᴅ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs? Aɴᴅ ɢɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ ᴛᴏ sᴀᴅ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ᴍᴀᴅᴅᴇɴɪɴɢ?
Dᴏ I ᴛʀᴜsᴛ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴇᴛ ꜰᴏᴏʟᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴘʜᴏɴɪɴᴇss, ᴏʀ ᴅᴏ I ᴛʀᴜsᴛ ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴀɴᴅ ʟɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ ʟᴏɴᴇʟɪɴᴇss?
Bᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴏɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ sᴛʀᴇᴛᴄʜᴇᴅ sᴏ ᴛʜɪɴ, I ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴍᴏᴠᴇs ʙᴜᴛ I'ᴍ ʟᴏsᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜɪɴ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:30 pm
User ImageUser Image

ι нave ѕcreaмed υnтιl мy veιnѕ collapѕed
                                          ι've waιтed laѕт, мy тιмe'ѕ elapѕed
                                          now, all ι do ιѕ lιve wιтн ѕo мυcн ғaтe
                                          ι've wιѕнed ғor тнιѕ, ι've вιтcнed aт тнaт
                                          ι've leғт вeнιnd тнιѕ lιттle ғacт:
                                          yoυ cannoт ĸιll wнaт yoυ dιd noт creaтe

spaceSorin spared a glance for his sister, reading from her body language that she was letting him take the lead, both literally and figuratively. He bit back a sigh; he hated it when she did this. But, their grandmother expected them to behave in a certain manner, and Celeste wouldn't do anything to jeopardize their standing with the old woman. Except manipulate the hell out of her, which he couldn't believe Victoria was allowing. She had to know, right? In any case, Celeste was behaving herself, which left him to take point. Dammit. "The kitchen is this way," he said, gesturing for Awstin to follow him. Celeste brought up the rear, which only irked Sorin further. She was doing that dumb, simpering, silent thing their father liked. What was the point of killing the man if his sister didn't stop trying to please him?

spaceCeleste did breeze past him in the kitchen, heading towards the cupboards. She looked to Sorin with an arched brow. This time, he did sigh. "Do you have any preferences? Obviously we'd have to cook anything warm, but we have things for salad or sandwiches." Celeste clasped her hands behind her back, waiting patiently. He barely kept the glare off his face. "I want soup," he said, thinking that at least she'd have to cook for him. He hated cooking. "But, toss me a carrot or something in the meantime?"

spaceCeleste nodded, going to the cupboard to gather the things for the soup she knew her brother preferred. She got him a carrot, handing it over with a pointed look. "No tossing," she quipped, turning back to the counter so she could begin prepping vegetables. Sorin chewed on his carrot, somewhat obnoxiously, just to irk her. He could see it was working from the set of her shoulders.

spaceThere was a long silence, and then, in a too-breezy tone, Celeste said, "We're very happy to have you here, Awstin." Sorin had no doubt that if he could see her face, he'd see a fire in her eyes that belied the casual tone she was trying for. It was, however, quite sincere, which they both hoped Awstin could read. "Everything that's happened, it's just awful. I'm sure you don't want to talk about it, of course. But, we do hope you can get comfortable here. Grandmother's been quite concerned for you."

spaceCeleste had been quite concerned for him, was more accurate. Celeste had heard the rumors slipping through Diagon Alley one day, and come home livid. That was why he was here in the first place, because she'd appealed to their grandmother to do something about it. Victoria had been willing, though it took some convincing. She'd not wanted a stranger to give away their secret. But, Celeste suspected there was more to Awstin's story than was being let on, that it was more like her's and Sorin's than anyone knew. She was pretty sure he'd keep quiet, even if he did discover the truth.

pυll мe вacĸ тogeтнer or ѕeparaтe тнe ѕĸιn ғroм тнe вone
                                          leave мe all тнe pιeceѕ, and тнen yoυ can leave мe alone
                                          тell мe тнe realιтy ιѕ вeттer тнan dreaм
                                          вυт ι ғoυnd oυт тнe нard way, noтнιng ιѕ wнaт ιт ѕeeмѕ

wнere - Kitchen to Entryway
                                          wнen - Summer 2044
                                          wιтн - Grandmother, Awstin
                                          - ooc -
                                          blah blah blah

#704e3a Sorin
                                          #922d50 Celeste

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:27 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Celeste and Sorin
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Getting Food?

Awstin ran a hand through his hair as he silently followed the older male. Celeste was following him, but he didn't like feeling so... boxed in. He glanced around the house, trying to memorize all the details. He got the distinct feeling that the twins didn't particularly like one another. Great. Just what he needed, another dysfunctional family. Sorin pointed out the direction of the kitchen, so Awstin issued a listless nod, not particularly caring about the location of the kitchen... at least for now. He sighed softly, but stepped into the kitchen properly.

The room was dark, which was starkly in contrast with his own home's kitchen. Once in, Awstin leaned against the wall. Celeste practically floated into the kitchen, causing Aws to furrow his brows. These twins were very odd indeed. Sorin asked about food they could cook, or perhaps something simple. Following that, he said he wanted soup and a carrot. "Whatever is fine with me. I haven't eaten much lately, so I suppose I should eat something." He bit his lip, thinking he hadn't meant to say that. He'd had enough people angry about his newfound eating habits. People were determined to protect "poor little Awstin", who... was gone. All Aws knew was that his innocence of the world was very much gone, that his need to be protected had been violently pulled away. He'd effectively ended his own childhood, so he felt that he needed to be treated as an adult. It was only fair, wasn't it?

He was pulled from his thoughts by Celeste claiming to be happy to have him there with them. A snort sounded, the younger teen less than believing of the thought. "I'm sure you are. Everyone loves a vagrant teenager who only recently stabbed someone to death." He crossed his arms over his chest. The words seemed sincere at least, but he just wasn't in the mood to entertain niceties. Celeste continued, saying his situation was awful, that he surely didn't want to talk about it... then that they hoped he found comfort here and that their grandmum was concerned. "What's there to not want to talk about. My dad used to beat me half to death all the time so I stabbed him. Thirty-one times, to be exact. Not like I went crazy or anything." That part was a lie. He worried constantly that he'd actually lost his mind. Now, in fact, his thoughts often strayed to the feeling of power he got in the midst of the kill. That feeling, he hoped never went away. It had been a wonderful feeling, and he secretly longed to feel that same sense of power again.

Instead, he put on a dull smile, one that certainly didn't reach his eyes. "But I do appreciate the concern, I suppose. Everyone has been... a little too interested in me lately. It's bothersome. Especially those from the news." He sighed, this time a softer sound. He really did hate being questioned over and over again, but luckily he'd not gone into detail about his emotional states. And Victoria had calmly helped deter several people and helped him to breeze through the questions. With her help, he'd been made out as entirely innocent, fueled only by terror. It was partially true, which is how he'd gotten away with everything so easily. The rest, he knew was a little bit that he'd entirely enjoyed the violence. After years of being hurt and tormented, it all culminated in the best sort of emotional release he'd ever found. Maybe he'd have to find something else to stab...

Cara MiaKitty

Private Homes

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces