25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:41 pm
ShinosBee
Instead of sleeping I did this xP

Vitre,

So... Your brother flat out didn't believe me when we told him what happened. Like, he seriously kept trying to look behind me to see where you were hiding. What have you been telling him about him about me? What kind of person does he think I am to joke about something like that? Just because that's totally something I would do...

Okay, seriously though, how awesome would that have been as a prank? I thought about trying it on Pietur and the other apprentices but I feel like it kind of loses its impact when you're like 'oh yeah, but then Vitre actually did impress'. Anyway, who'd sell the story for me if you're not here?

How big is Thanoth now? Bet she'll be taller than you in no time. (Shorty)

I saw your mom yesterday. We are trying to see if we could train Pietur's firelizard to bring you a cake, but he just ate it instead, the greedy flitt. She's good, so don't worry. Everyone here is. She said I could have all your stuff now too, by the way. And that I'm her favorite child now. (Ha. Just kidding. She said she misses you.)

Anyway, I know you got all that'saving Pern' junk to get to, so I won't make this too long. Just thought maybe you'd want to Just thought you might miss Just write back, okay!

-Nebbi.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:59 am
Roughly a sevenday later, a small green firelizard appears overhead mid-lesson at the winery at high Reaches Hold, screeching and flapping at anyone who gets near. she drops a small bundle of paper that nearly flutters into one of the wine-making vats, and then snaps between without waiting for a response. Each little paper has a name, 'Mom', 'Dad', and so on on the outside. One, that's gotten just a bit juice-stained, says 'Nebbi'.

Nebbi,

I've been telling him the truth, of course, that you're a terrible gossip and that you make half the things you say up, and that you're secretly the lord holder's daughter, so he'd better do anything you tell him. Well, not really. Of course, he's only nine, so I bet he'd believe it! I did tell him to listen to you though, cause you're so smart!

I really miss having you around, Nebbi. I've got to do all the thinkin—(the text devolves into scribbles here for a moment)—Sorry. Thanoth has to do all the thinking now, but it'd be better with you both. She bumped my arm there and messed me up! She's way smarter than me, but I think she'd get along with you perfectly. You both have the same sense of humor. Almost.

Ha! That's what you think! I've grown a whole foot in the last sevenday since you left! Finally! And Thanoth's as big as a brown already, the weyr says they've never seen anything like it!

Okay, okay. That's a lie too. We're both about the same, but I guess she must be growing, because she says she's always itchy. I never thought i'd spend so much time just rubbing in oil. They don't tell you about that bit in the harper stories and songs.

I want to write more, but it's almost lights-out, and I still need to write to dad and everyone else. I'll try to write again soon. There's lots of people here with firelizard eggs, so maybe I'll find one to send you somehow! It'd be worth it for one of mom's cakes...the weyr ones aren't half as good.

-Vitre
          -V'tre

P.S. You were right about our wine being much better too.

DruidTigeress

ShinosBee

Nerd

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:44 am
ShinosBee

Vitre,

Hey, that's a good one! Maybe I should try that some time. How many of my chores do you think I can get him to do before your mom finds out and I get yelled at? Probably not worth it. But I could try it on the other vinter apprentices maybe. Something tells me the not going to believe it though.

Heh. Thanoth sounds like a woman after my own heart. You're lucky so many cool girls want to hang out with you. Anyway, I'm glad someone's watching your back for me when I'm not there.

Yeah right, and I weigh more than the Hold's cook. You can't fool a fooler.

I have to go.. Dad's yelling at me to keep packing. I may not be able to write back for a while. We're heading down south to help with an early harvest wine crush at another Hall. It's run by some friend of his from his apprentice days or something. Dad says he has a surprise for me when we're there, so I guess I can write you about that when I get back. (Unless your flitt is able to find me, I don't really know how that works..)

Miss you.

But, you know, not that much.

-Nebbi

PS. Sharding right they are. I'll have to find out a way to get some sent to you. (Trade you for a flitt egg!)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:25 pm
          Nebbi,

It's been a while. Life here has been really busy, and a little crazy. the weyrlingmaster is tougher even than old harper Thom, you remember him? He gave us triple chores just for singing between rounds that one time? Well V'mel is worse! I'm learning a lot though. Thanoth is bigger now, for real. I noticed because her tail is starting to hang off the bed, just a little. Soon she won't be able to fit with me. I'll probably just give her the bed then. I don't mind the floor!

They say she'll be able to fly before much longer. Not with me on her back, but...it's a start! I can't believe I've already been away from the Hold for months...you guys didn't forget me, right?

I hope wherever you went for harvest went well. I hope it was safe from the thread. I saw threadscore for the first time last week—the rider was joking about it, but even Thanoth wasn't laughing. But soon we'll be big enough to fight it too, and then you won't need to worry, because obviously I'll do all I can to keep you and mom and dad and everyone safe.

Hey what was the surprise, any way?

—V'tre

DruidTigeress

ShinosBee

Nerd

[IC RP] Holds & Halls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items