Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Muggle World (Chatterbox)
*Staggers* I'm Confused.... (O_o)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kurai_18

High-functioning Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:15 am
I-is there a possibility someone could help me out? I mean, I'm having a wonderful (not really) time of trying to figure out where to put my character. Also, I'm going to put the character here for you guys to give some pointers. All the help you give would be much appreciated.

This is the work of Kurai_18. It is stored in their private character vault as to prevent others from passing it off as their own.
xxAnnallyxxxCrawfordxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxBASICSxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NICKNAMES Anna

GENDER Female

FACECLAIM User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

AGE 15

BIRTHDAY October 30

BLOOD STATUS Muggle Born

SEXUAL ORIENTATION Straight

WAND 6 inches; Reed; Demiguise Hair

xxxSCHOOL AND CAREERxxxxxxxxxxxx

ATTENDING Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

YEAR

HOUSE

DREAM JOB

xxxPERSONALITYxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Socially Awkward Due to the facts that I'm usually more interested in other stuff, I'm usually not good around people. I get rather disgruntled when in big crowds and tend to come off as weird to people.
Intelligent Despite my weirdness, I'm pretty smart. In fact, most the information I retain is the information that people thought I wasn't listening to. I can easily fix anything by hand without magic if the need arises.
Hyperactivity ADHD (or Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder) is definitely a part of me.I get easily upset with things I'm doing and/or get distracted easily. This could potentially lead to people yelling at me for not paying attention, even though it is something I've probably already retained.
Eccentric Yes, we all know someone who is a bit eccentric. Well, that'd be me. How I go about things is strange to some but if it works and is better than how most people do it, then I'll do it. Don't worry. I'm about as odd a duck as can be found.
Frail I have a history of being ill. It's sort of something I've had since I was young. It doesn't bother me much now but I am still pretty weak and face the possibility of succumbing to it again if I don't take proper care of myself.
Strong Minded When I decide on something, it's going to get done whether you care or not. No need to fret, however. I have good morals at least seventy-fie percent of the time.

■ Reading
■ Writing
■ Drawing/Painting
■ Solving Mysteries
■ Listening to Orchestral Music

DISLIKES
■ Large Crowds
■ Pickles
■ Stickers
■ Creases in Pages of books
■ Rap Music

STRENGTHS
■ Capable of reading a 900 pg book in three hours
■ Can recall any number of random but true facts at any time

WEAKNESSES
■ Can become overwhelmed by large crowds
■ Not very strong

FEARS
■ Being all alone

xxxBACKSTORYxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

EARLY CHILDHOOD You see, my mother died giving birth to my younger sister. We lived with our older brother Nigel in Ireland. It was a good life, too. He did everything he could to make our lives better, not realizing that I was capable of magic. Then, it all spiraled out of control.
My brother had found himself leading the Crime Organizations in Ireland, as well as being a Diplomat. This, of course, gave him the chance to make enemies. These enemies decided to take it too far by kidnapping me and my sister Natalie while on our way home from school one day. Needless to say, our brother came to our rescue with guns blazing. In the fray, one of Nigel's enemies killed Natalie. Nigel finding Natalie dead drove him to the brink. He ran through the hideout in an attempt to kill every last one of them before being shot multiple times.
The adrenaline saw him through it until every one of them was dead. Nigel returned to me and died in my arms. I was about eight or nine at the time.
When the police finally made it, they only found me alive with my brother's head resting in my lap. I was the last remaining Crawford in Ireland.

SCHOOL YEARS
FIRST YEAR (what happened your character's first year of school; this section will be added in after their first year is completed)
SECOND YEAR (what happened your character's second year of school; this section will be added in after their second year is completed)
THIRD YEAR (what happened your character's third year of school; this section will be added in after their third year is completed)
FOURTH YEAR (what happened your character's fourth year of school; this section will be added in after their fourth year is completed)
FIFTH YEAR (what happened your character's fifth year of school; this section will be added in after their fifth year is completed)
SIXTH YEAR (what happened your character's sixth year of school; this section will be added in after their sixth year is completed)
SEVENTH YEAR (what happened your character's seventh year of school; this section will be added in after their seventh year is completed)

xxxUPDATESxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

UPDATED (date of most recent update)

UPDATES MADE
■ (recent update)
■ (recent update)
■ (recent update)

PENDED BY (do not touch this)
ACCEPTED BY (do not touch this)
RECENT UPDATES ACCEPTED BY (do not touch this)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:52 am
Hello, and welcome to the guild! First of all, I'm Diamond Wales, Family Profiles manager of Ministry of Magic and Wizarding World and guild captain of Hogwarts (the sister guild to this one). Second, you should post your character here in Family Profiles with your first post listing the members of the familyn as well as a signature section that has an Accepted By, Updates Accepted By, and Accepted Characters section, and every subsequent post being each family member's profile. Also, there is an entire guide for building characters in the guild located here called ★ ★ ★ Family Basics and Information - Must Read. In this guide, it gives you clear advice and instructions on how to build and post your characters.

Now, onto your profile itself, I do have to ask if you are planning on your student attending Hogwarts. If so, you might wish to join Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild, as that guild happens to be the roleplay area for the school itself. There you should read ★ ★ ★ Information for New Members - Read This Thread thread for what we allow and suggestions for your character.

Second, if you do wish to play your character as a student, we do not allow new members to create a fifth year right off the bat. All new members that wish to play students are required to play an eleven year old, not a fifteen year old. This is because we encourage members to interact with others, and it is much harder for someone joining with an older character to actually interact with anyone as a lot of students in fifth year have their own social circles they usually are a part of. Also, it allows you to learn the guild and participate a lot better than if you have an older character. Also all first years must be eleven when they start school, no older and no younger. Third, it appears as you are using a real person as a face for your character. That is fine, but you must list the face claim in the profile and submit a Face Claim Request for that face. Third, your wand cannot be 6 inches. It must be between 9 and 15 inches.

Regarding the section for your school information, you must have your year in the profile. If you are joining Hogwarts, your character must be a first year. Your dream Job also is missing, and even putting something like "Unsure" is acceptable if you don't know what your character is wanting to do with their life when they graduate.

The personality section, I will have to tell you to choose something other than hyperactivity as a personality trait. Hyperactivity is a symptom of ADHD, and no mental disorder should be listed as a personality trait as the disorder does not define a character. Also, it can offend those in the guild who have or are related to those with the disorder itself (I myself have a son with ADHD and I don't appreciate people who try and say that the disorder defines them as that is not how ADHD works). Also, from what it reads like, you seem to be aiming for a Lune Lovegood type of character, which is not suggested for a new member to play. It leads to Mary Sue-ness, which we do not allow in the guild at all. As far as the strengths, I am going to have to ask you to change the one that states she can read a 900-page book in three hours. I myself am a fast reader, and reading at the speed you suggest is impossible. If you said she read it within 10 hours, that is much more believable.

As far as the backstory, I am going to have to request that you change it. The mother dying is fine, though I have to wonder what happened to the father and where he was in all of this. Also, as for diplomats, I know for a fact that children or close relatives of a diplomat are protected by bodyguards to prevent the sort of thing that happened to your character. There is also the matter of the brother being both a diplomat and a crime boss. We do not allow for new members to have characters with that kind of connection. There is also the fact that the backstory itself is pretty tragic, which we do not allow new members to have. This is because we wish to see how a member is before we allow for any sort of tragic backstory like the one you just described.

In any case (and sorry for the long response), I suggest that you join the guild chatroom. The chatroom can be found here, and the password is avadakedavra, though I advise that you read this thread and read this post to know what is and is not acceptable in the chatroom. Here you can talk to many members of the guild that can assist you with creating or rewriting characters, as most of them happen to be in the crew itself and are profile checkers. I hope this helps you, and again, welcome to the guild!

Diamond Wales
Family Profiles Manager

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
Muggle World (Chatterbox)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff