Welcome to Gaia! ::

[CLOSED work]

Back to Guilds

closed 

Tags: Fantasy, Magic, Roleplay, Literate, Semi-Literate 

Reply Grand Academy of Eoana ➣Academy Facilities
Main Academy Building ➣Grand Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:39 pm
User Image
╔═══════════════════

[ - Enter Grand Library for New RP Day - ]

Books, books, books. How he loved them. It didn’t matter what the subject was or how old or new the tome, Elijah loved them all. The vastness of the Grand Library was magnificent. This own personal library was about half the size and still growing, must to his fiancé, Ezra’s amusement and bewilderment. After a lovely breakfast with his love, the two had parted ways – Ezra to run errands for their wedding preparation and Elijah to the Academy. He had a few tasks to perform, not to mention he had a standing appointment with Patrick, thus his presence in the library on what was to be considered a Free Day.

Hearing Patrick’s voice from the library’s entrance, Elijah looked up from the far corner and grinned. “Hello there, Patrick! And Branwen, how lovely to see you my dear.” Elijah said as he looked to the raven as she flew around the massive space. Standing up on a ladder to reach the higher shelves, he marveled at Branwen’s flight as she swooped around. “Such a magnificent bird, truly lovely.” Elijah said with awe as he climbed down the ladder.

Dusting his hands off, Elijah grinned at Patrick. “So lovely to see you again so soon. Are you enjoying the book?” He asked as he stepped around the main desk to prepare the tea. All of the snacks that he had promised were already plated and ready.

═══════════════════╝

Head Librarian & Historian – Eoana Academy || Elijah Isaacs

Chelly Usagi

Tala Maxwell

ShinigamiWolves

Elijah Isaacs – [x]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:12 pm
User Image

Valorian Noble || Daravin Jacque’don Kuevaal
[Where:] Academy Library [With:]Elijah and Patrick [Feeling:] Calm and Contemplative [Outfit:] Noble Attire
[OOC:]
╔═══════════════════

Daravin’s morning had been relatively pleasant thus far. Last night his sleep went undisturbed, leaving his mind and body fresh and energised to pursue his schedule for today. He had already woken up, washed, got dressed and was on his way to visit the Grand Academy. He had heard nothing but good things about the educational institution, so he couldn’t help but give it a look to see if it’s reputation held any merit. What is more, if the Academy was as illustrious and grandiose as he had heard, likelihood was that there was a archive of tomes just ripe for the picking, and anywhere that possessed knowledge instantaneously grasped the Valorian noble’s interest.

After an hour or so of walking from his lodging, he had arrived, the sight of he Academy’s towering structure laid before him. He had to admit, the architectural design was beautifully crafted, paired with well-kept gardens and clean academy grounds. As he entered the ground, Daravin the noise of the bees buzzing and the birds merrily chirping surrounding him as a calm wind bristled through the trees. The environment was very relaxing and pleasant. Taking note of the warm weather, Daravin decided to remove his cloak and fold it over his arm.

After asking around the academy for their library and directions towards it, he eventually entered the haven of knowledge and found himself very impressed. The library was quite sizable ad the selection of tomes at a first glace seemed endless. Looking around, he searched for the head librarian, whose name he had managed to secure before his arrival, a one “Elijah Isaacs”. It was then he took notice of a man with long white hair amidst the library floor. Daravin himself had remembered the description given to him by the people he asked on the way here and this man certainly seemed to fit the bill. He took note that the man seemed preoccupied with another, a student by the looks of it. Daravin did hate to intrude on people, however, he’d rather not have to wait around all day and do nothing. Remaining stagnant was not in his best interests.

Hence, approaching, Daravin spoke in a calm and civilised manner, “Hello and a good morning to you, gentlemen. Please, forgive my intrusion but would you happen to by Mr. Elijah Isaacs? The Head Librarian?”

═══════════════════╝

The_littlest_dragonfly

Tala Maxwell

Quote:

Quote:

Daravin Jacque’don Kuevaal- [x]

Shinigamiwolves

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:40 am
Patrick Lockheart
~ Entering the Grand Library ~
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

It didn't take the Diviner long to spot the Librarian as the moment Elijah's voice reached his ears, Patrick's eyes would zero in on their target and he would smile as the Ink Manipulator praised his companion who circled the expanse above them before landing nearby as the Librarian descended the ladder he'd climbed to perhaps put something away?

"Would it surprise you to hear I couldn't put it down?" Patrick of course had refrained from bringing the tome with him that morning as he didn't want to accidently put it down and lose it - where best to misplace a book than in a Library after all? "I practically fell asleep with it in my hands..." he felt little need to feel embarrassed about admitting that to the man as he was in no doubt Elijah had also done the same, but it was as he heard the sound of the doors opening that Patrick suddenly felt a little self-conscious and turned to watch as a rather well-dressed individual strode into the room, greeting them before asking the Librarian if he had infact located the correct person?

"Morning Gentlemen!" Feeling she was perhaps outside of the little conversation, Branwen would take flight, soaring above the trio before coming in to land upon Patrick's shoulder.

The_littlest_dragonfly

ShinigamiWolves

Quote:

Quote:

Appearance: Wearing This
With: Branwen, Elijah and a new stranger
Feeling:
OoC I love Libraries
"" ""

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:55 pm
User Image
╔═══════════════════

Elijah grinned wide at Patrick’s words. Clasping his hands together he positively beamed at the news. “Oh I am so pleased to hear that, Patrick! I was sincerely hoping that you would enjoy the book! I thoroughly enjoyed it myself and just had to share it with someone who would appreciate it as well.” He was positively elated by the fact that Patrick loved the book as much as he had, or at least so far.

As Elijah was speaking, the door to the library opened and a rather distinguished gentleman walked in. Elijah’s gaze moved to the man and he gave him a warm smile of greeting. Hearing the noble, regal tone of the man as he asked his question, Elijah nodded a bit. “Good Morning to you as well , Sir. Yes, I am Elijah Isaacs, the Head Librarian and Historian here at Eoana Academy. This fine young man is Patrick Lockheart, one of the Academy’s Graduate Students.” Elijah said, all smiles as he made the proper introductions. “Oh and of course the lovely raven on Patrick’s shoulder is Branwen…” He said with a chuckle, not wanting to forget her.

“How may we of be of service to you , Sir? I assume is has something to do with the written word?” They were in a library after all…Unless the man was here on some other official business?

═══════════════════╝

Chelly Usagi

Tala Maxwell

ShinigamiWolves

Elijah Isaacs – [x]

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200

Shinigamiwolves

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:09 pm
User Image

[Where:] Library [With:] Elijah and Patrick [Feeling:] Civil and talkative [Outfit:] Noble Attire
╔═══════════════════

Daravin bowed his head to both the Librarian and the student, and couldn’t help but release a small amused chuckle at the Raven’s antics, “A pleasure to make your acquaintances. But alas, pardon my ill manners, for I am yet to introduce myself… Daravin then took a respectful and courteous bow and spoke once more, his voice deep and soft as silk, his tone still maintaining its’ air of gracious, yet humble, nobility, “My name is Daravin Jacque’don Kuevaal. Now, I do not wish to take up anymore of your time then what is necessary so, if I may, might I have your assistance in locating the historical tomes you possess?”

Daravin had to admit, he found the way in which the head librarian carried himself to be quite to his liking. The man was kind, respectful and welcoming, and as well as that, held a noble air about him. Aside from that, he noticed that the study, Patrick, remained silent. Daravin, however, was not surprised at this, for all he knew, the boy just might have been shy. The Valorian noble did find the student’s vocal raven to be quite amusing though, it reminded him of his own two pet ravens, Renmus and Ximir both of whom he cherished dearly.

Daravin wore a small pleasant smile. While he saw so much wrong with the world, it still felt nice to take joy in the small things, such as reading, herbal tea, lovely weather and his two avain companions who waited for him back at his lodging.

In any case, he awaited a reply from Elijah.

═══════════════════╝

The_littlest_dragonfly

Tala Maxwell

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:41 am
Patrick Lockheart

"Pleasure!" Branwen seemed remarkably loud that morning, but with the Noble's intentions voiced and Elijah present and on hand to assist him, Patrick would take the opportunity to excuse himself quietly with a nod and then head off to take a glance around.

With the intentions of aiding the Librarian in his duties that morning, the Diviner would begin by approaching the spot where returns were deposited - There were nearly always books that needed checking back in and so the male would busy himself with that initial task before sorting the tomes into alphabetical order so they could be redistributed back to their rightful locations later on.

Never one to remain still for long, as soon as Patrick started on the returns, Branwen would lift from her companion's shoulder and glide back over to where the Valorian Noble and Mr Isaacs were speaking. Generally a nosy bird by nature, she would perch herself on top of one of the nearby shelves, taking a moment to preen her beautiful feathers before watching the newcomer with great interest - Having originated from the coasts of Valor, or more rightly, Langfrey where Patrick was born, the White Raven had seen many a noble in her time, but this one intrigued her.

There had been a lot of well-dressed and rather boastful individuals finding their way to the island as of late and this gentleman was equally as pronounced, yet he seemed to be more comfortable in wearing a smile - rather unlike some of the Nobles she'd crossed and had perhaps already annoyed through her naturally playful antics...

The_littlest_dragonfly

ShinigamiWolves

Quote:

Quote:

With: Branwen, Elijah and Daravin Jacque’don Kuevaal
Feeling: Curious, but aware that the man has come to see Elijah and not him,
OoC I love Libraries
"" ""

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:27 pm
User Image
╔═══════════════════

It was always so nice to meet a true gentleman. Daravin Jacque’don Kuevaal, his name sounded familiar, but Elijah knew that Daravin wasn’t from Trendel – Elijah knew all the noble houses in Trendel and Kuevaal wasn’t one of them. So perhaps Valor? Not that he minded in the least – he held no grudges against Trendel. “Patrick, please feel free to help yourself to the tea and snacks. Once I have helped Lord Kuevaal, we’ll discuss what we’d like to accomplish today.” Elijah said happily before giving Daravin his full attention.

“Historical tomes? Hmmm, that request is a bit vague. Let me see…” Elijah said as he tapped his lips with his index finger, looking toward the shelves, taking a few steps towards them. “At the far end I have the historical volumes of Trendel’s history dating back to the Kingdom’s founding. On the shelves just below are the corresponding and the argumentative counter histories of the Kingdom of Valor – two sides to each story you know.” Elijah said with a grin as he glanced at Daravin. “Moving on down the line there are the histories and personal accounts of the Great War, as well as the histories of the founding of the various smaller countries, Mistun, Azar, etc. I also hold historic tomes on the emergence of magic – the first known recordings of raiments and when they were suspected to come about…” Elijah said, thinking about the various books on all the shelves around him. “What else, what else?” So many books…As Elijah shuffled through the internal catalog in his mind, the ink on his body moved and shifted, the tattoos shaping and reforming – some words could be seen as well as images of various things; animals, structures, face. This often happened when he thought very hard about something.

“In any case, it is obvious that the library is a bit extensive. I like to be thorough when I collect my books…so much knowledge, so little time.” He said with a grin, slowly leading Daravin around to point out the various books. “I do have a rather interesting book on the recorded history of tenebraer raiments….but that particular book is part of my personal collection and not stored here.” He said with a small puckered frown. “I should have asked prior to going off on my little tangent, but was there something specific that you were looking for?”

Elijah was well aware that Patrick was making himself useful. The young man was so thoughtful. Elijah hadn’t expected him to put the returned books away, especially since he was known to reorganize quite often, and it was hard to remember where everything went unless you were in the library quite often. Regardless, Elijah was happy for the help.

═══════════════════╝

Chelly Usagi

Tala Maxwell

ShinigamiWolves

Elijah Isaacs – [x]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:33 am
User Image

[Where:] Library [With:] Elijah and Patrick [Feeling:] At home, calm [Outfit:] Noble Attire
╔═══════════════════

Daravin nodded at Patrick who had left to place his book where it belonged and followed Elijah down to the History Section of the Library. The Valorian Noble listened as the Librarian listed the various historical topics covered by his collection of books. Daravin admittedly found himself impressed at the extensive selection of materials available, he could spend all day in this library reading everything at his desposal, and he found that notion very much to his liking. He hated the notion of valuable material such as what was in the library to go to waste gathering dust, unused and forgotten…after all…too much had been forgotten by this world…thinking about it almost made the noble sick to his stomach. The mention of the history of the tenebrar caused Daravin to adopt a somewhat sorrowful gaze. In his own time working for the king, he had seen the prejudice and discrimination that befell those unfortunate enough to have been born with the Knit. The poor souls, they had no right to be sentenced to such disrespect for how nature made them. However, more than anything, it aggravated him more that the people of this world so blindly give into the opinions of a such a blatantly ignorant mass populace. He had also not forgotten what he learned of the King of Valor’s own actions against them. A murderous genocidal campaign, all because of the actions of a single individual who cost the King his wife, Valor’s beloved Queen. Daravin understood grief, but to blindly take such an outrageous act against countless who had committed no felony? All because of the actions of one? Such a mannerism, in Daravin’s mind, was unworthy of a King. While he remained in the King’s employ, Daravin had lost all respect for him once he learned of the King’s violent deeds. How strange it was…a man commits an act of mass murder and he is beheaded, while a King remains unharmed for the same crime. Why? Because he was in power? Because he simply held the empty title of “King”? If so was the case, than this world must’ve been truly lost. Things had to changed, no, they NEEDED to change. The world could not be allowed to continue being so utterly oblivious to its faults…but in order to achieve something like that…a great deal would need to be sacrificed…but what person alive could bring themselves to do such as thing. Daravin would have aspired to change the world himself…if only he knew how…

However, he pushed such unpleasant notions aside and focused on the, quite passionate librarian who had inquired as to whether or not Daravin had sought a specific topic. Daravin found himself wearing a small smile, the world may have been filled to it’s brim with atroscities and imperfections, but, the noble did love to take pleasure in the small, positive things it could provide. He replied, firstly referencing the historian’s self-proclaimed “rant” with an warm, amused chuckle, “Fret not. I appreciate your enthusiasm. As for your inquiry, I had wondered if perhaps you possessed any tomes on the Ancient Kingdom the predated our own civilisation. While I’m here, I would be very interested to see your material on the origins of magic.” He found his curiosity provoked at learning what books Elijah had on the origins of magic. It was a topic Daravin pursued back home in Valor, though he scarce found the time. Here, he did have time, and he would make the most of it.

═══════════════════╝

The_littlest_dragonfly

Tala Maxwell

Quote:

Quote:

Shinigamiwolves

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:20 pm
Patrick Lockheart

Ahh, that was one thing he'd forgotten - Having been so eager to give the Librarian and the Nobleman their space, Patrick had immediately set his mind towards finding himself a task to do, rather than partaking in the tea and snacks that the Diviner had set out for them to share during their time there, "Knew I'd forgotten something," the male smiled, finishing his self-appointed task of seeing the books back to their designated locations before making his way back to the table where Elijah had set up the little selection.

Pouring himself some tea and taking a single biscuit, the Diviner took a moment to prepare a cup for the Librarian as well before taking to a nearby seat to await his return - there was nearly always a book close to hand and so, whilst the pair made their way between the aisles in search of the Noble's required historical publications, Patrick would set his cup down safely and take up a tome, carefully strolling through the pages whilst keeping an attentive ear out for his ever inquisitive companion.

Speaking of said Raven, Branwen had followed the pair closely on their walk around the Library, hopping as stealthily as one swathed in feathers and scaly feet could across the tops of the shelves - whilst listening intently as Elijah spoke of his vast array of books covering the widely corresponding views between their surrounding nations... As a bird, she wasn't overly interested in the written word, nor the Histories and Raiments of the world's people - although it was nice to hear Patrick read aloud to her once every so often... No, that was all useless information to her, but the mention of 'Magic' from the Nobleman seemed to urge the bird to mimic this particular word in a hushed grumble as she walked to the edge of her current shelf before fluttering down onto a nearby book stand.

Patrick often seemed quite enthused whenever he spoke of Magic and as her talons wrapped around the top of the stand - anchoring her comfortably in place - Branwen would tilt her head, appearing to listen to the man as he requested to see materials covering the Origins of Magic if the Librarian had them available?

The_littlest_dragonfly

ShinigamiWolves

Quote:

Quote:

With: Branwen, Elijah and Daravin Jacque’don Kuevaal
Feeling:
OoC Nosy bird...
"" ""

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:36 pm
User Image
╔═══════════════════

Branwen’s presence hadn’t gone unnoticed. Elijah was rather amused by the raven’s curiosity and the way she followed along, watching them as she hopped along the shelves. He made a mental note to give her a special little treat later. Feeling a bit mischievous, Elijah manifested a raven tattoo on his neck, one that was within Branwen’s view. When he suspected he had her attention, he made the raven move and ‘caw’ silently, just to tease her.

Looking to Daravin, his gaze narrowed for a moment, and he grasped his chin in thought. “Tomes on the Ancient Kingdom…rare and old books indeed. I do believe I posses a few, however they are located in my personal library at home, so I am afraid that I don’t have them available for borrowing. However, if you are truly curious, I could transcribe the contents from memory…” He said with a smile whilst reaching up to grab a few volumes on the origins of magic and spells.

Glancing at Daravin, Elijah grinned. “Let me clarify…I am an Ink Manipulator. My raiment when combined with my Eidetic Memory allows me to recreate full books that I’ve previously read.” He said with a friendly smile as he handed over the few volumes that he’d selected for Daravin to read. “Why don’t you peruse these for the time being…If you’d like to borrow them, please let me know. Normally I only allow students to take the books and even then I am exceptionally strict…however, you seem like a responsible man, so I wont mind lending them to you if you desire.”

With that being said, Elijah bowed his head a little and left Daravin to his reading. Glancing at Branwen, he smiled. “Come, Branwen, it’s snack time.” Walking over to the main desk, Elijah smiled at Patrick. “Ah, you are always one step ahead of me, Patrick, thank you.” Elijah said as he took his tea cup and blew on the contents lightly. “Mmmmm, tea and books with friends, a few of my absolute favorite things.” He said in a friendly manner, perfectly content. “Tell me Patrick, where did you leave off in the book? What did you like best so far? I was particularly intrigued by the magical theory linking the energies of the forest and the fae.” Elijah said as they sipped their tea and nibbled on the snacks.

═══════════════════╝

Chelly Usagi

Tala Maxwell

ShinigamiWolves

Elijah Isaacs – [x]

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200

Shinigamiwolves

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:35 pm
User Image

[Where:] Library [With:] Elijah and Patrick [Feeling:] Relaxed [Outfit:] Noble Attire
╔═══════════════════

The more Daravin listened, the more he found Elijah to be an absolute delight. The man took great pride in his work, and the way in which he utilised his raiment along with his own eidetic memory to re-write entire books from scratch?! It was fascinating to say the least. So much so that if would be a fool’s error not to take the librarian up on such a request. But for now, Daravin would settle with the material he would receive on the origins of magic. Glancing to a nearby window, Daravin would take notice of a bench outside. With this fine weather, it was a shame to spend the day indoors, so, the Valorian decided he would take the books he’d received outside to read.

Bowing his head in gratitude, he addressed Elijah, “This is the first time I have visited this academy and I can already tell it’s full of intrigue and surprises that are undoubtedly sure to amaze me. If you don’t mind, I’d like to take these books outside to read. With this fine day, it’d be a shame to waste it indoors. But alas, I’ve stolen enough of your time. Thank you for your help Mr. Isaacs, I will return these materials as soon as I am finished.” With that, Daravin once more bowed his head in farewell, before heading outside to read, making sure to take note of where to return the books when finished.

Once outside, Daravin sat down and instantly started to read, enjoying the rays of sunlight on his skin, the calming fragrance of the surrounding botany and the ever joyous tweeting and chirping of the little avian creatures flying overhead.

═══════════════════╝

The_littlest_dragonfly

Tala Maxwell

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:30 am
Patrick Lockheart
~ The Grand Library ~

Quite observant of her surroundings, Branwen's beady eyes soon spotted the ink on the Librarian's skin as it appeared to move of its own accord - The image itself had perhaps been originally illustrated by a skilled artist, yet it had been so expertly replicated upon the Diviners skin that it looked almost the spitting image of one of her dark feathered cousins...The last thing she had expected of course was for it to move its beak in a silent 'Caw' - the sight made her recoil briefly, flapping her wings to maintain her balance on the book stand before returning to a resting position as she tilted her head in curiosity.

"Re Markable" She had heard Patrick say the words often enough and would recite them with a telling gap that indicated her mimicry wasn't always perfect - she hoped Elijah might take it as a compliment however and as the Nobleman took his leave, the Raven would lift herself up from the book stand before coming to rest upon the librarian's shoulder.

"Snacks!" Like a supporter witnessing a goal at one of those strange outdoor sporting events, Branwen would throw up her wings in excitement as Elijah mentioned that wonderful word before contentedly riding upon the man's shoulder back to where she'd left her own companion reading in the main part of the library.

Patrick's eyes had flicked up from the book in his hands as Daravin had made his way back towards the grand doors - it couldn't be ignored that the man was leaving with a handful of books in his arms, but as he'd been in the company of the Librarian, the Diviner pondered if Elijah had perhaps granted him permission to borrow them? Maybe he would enquire - feeling more than prepared to challenge the individual if it turned out he'd actually picked them up without asking first - Nobody messed with Patrick's friends, that was for sure...

Still, Elijah appeared to be in good spirits as he returned - it was a little surprising to see Branwen perched upon the Librarian's shoulder, but if she could get out of doing something active, then anything was fair game... He watched as the Diviner cooled his tea, listening as the man expressed his joy in sharing tea and a few good books with friends before asking where the male himself might just have gotten to in the book he'd given him the day before.

"I'm still in the initial explanations, so the parts covering the remedies that the forest already has to offer," he wasn't necessarily a slow reader - thorough, but far from slow - it was the fact that the author clearly wanted to relay to the reader what was already naturally available first, before going into the more enchanting details, "but if I recall correctly, it was beginning to round up before I fell asleep...so it shouldn't be too long now," he would smile, still a little embarrassed to admit he'd fallen asleep whilst reading, but then again, he must have truly been engrossed for sleep to have taken him so elusively during his read...

It sounded strange, but not once had the Diviner considered that the book he had been reading would ever include Faeries - So few people seemed aware of such wondrous creatures nowadays that they were almost all but forgotten - which was a real shame... It was at the Librarian's mention of linking the forest energies with the Fae that Patrick suddenly found himself seeing the tome in a whole new light - Magic had always been fascinating to him, but the inclusion of Fae Folk as well? He could feel himself growing more excited about reading on further when he got back to his dorm room that evening, but for that moment in time, he decided to curb his enthusiasm - for he was sharing time with a good friend and for someone who had felt rather lonely as of late, it was something he needed to enjoy whilst it was there.

"You've got me even more excited to read it now," he would beam, watching as the White Raven clambered her way down Elijah's arm before hopping onto the table where Patrick had left his biscuit unattended... He didn't mind, for the Librarian had set out a fair selection - and all within reach - but Bran would need to learn eventually that not all people would be so forgiving...for now however, he was happy to let it slide. "It would be wonderful to see them again someday, but to read about them in the meantime is the next best thing,"

The_littlest_dragonfly

ShinigamiWolves

Quote:

Quote:

With: Branwen, Elijah and Daravin
Feeling: Happy
OoC Silly Bird...Tea-Leaf that she is...
"" ""

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:18 pm
User Image
╔═══════════════════

Elijah of course gave Daravin permission to take the books outside – reading out in the sunshine, enjoying the cool breezes, what could be better? Although he hardly knew the man, Elijah trusted Daravin enough to return the books as he’d promised once he was finished. Making new friends was such a joy and he truly delighted in the fact that Daravin shared his enthusiasm for the written word.

Having Branwen settled on his shoulder was another joy. For the longest time Elijah had wondered how it had felt to have a feathered companion nestled on his shoulder – Gannon certainly seemed to delight in carrying Brageet with him everywhere he went. Elijah found that he rather liked having a feathers friend on his shoulder, although Branwen’s feathers tickled a little bit, he didn’t mind.

Sipping his tea, Elijah watched as Branwen crept down his arm and onto the desk and toward the biscuits that had been left unattended. Grinning, he shook his head a little bit – he certainly didn’t blame her, they were good biscuits. Looking to Patrick, Elijah gasped a little. “Oh dear! My apologies, Patrick. I feel as if I’ve spoiled the book for you!” He said with a little bit of distress – he absolutely loathed when people ruined a book for him, and he feared that by mentioning the fae that he had ruined the surprise for him.

Luckily, it didn’t seem as if Patrick minded, in fact he stated that he was even more excited to read the book now, much to Elijah’s relief. Nodding a bit, he sipped his tea. “I haven’t seen the lovely Sylrenia for a while…” He sincerely homed that she was alright, but after the loss of her entire village, he suspected that she was still coming to terms with her loss.

“Have you met little Silme? She is such a lovely little fae…” He said with a thoughtful smile. “I should remember to ask Kayl if she is doing well. She was rather fond of him…” Elijah had no idea that Patrick had never met Silme. Despite his wonderful memory he’d forgotten that her existence was mostly secret…

═══════════════════╝

Chelly Usagi

Tala Maxwell

ShinigamiWolves

Elijah Isaacs – [x]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:17 pm
Patrick Lockheart
~ The Grand Library ~

"Oh! Not at all!" the Diviner smiled reassuringly at the Librarian as he realised in horror that he had possibly spoilt part of the male's book for him, "Infact, you almost inspired me to skip ahead a little..." he joked about this of course - it certainly would be tempting to skip ahead, but what was to say he wouldn't miss something equally as interesting by doing so?

As the man seemed to settle once more, taking a sip of his tea, Elijah would go on to say something that piqued the Diviner's interest... "Sylrenia?" he'd heard the word somewhere in the past, but had no idea it had actually been a name... In fact, it was as the Ink Manipulator went into further detail of her being friends with a certain student in his Knit Class that Patrick's jaw suddenly slackened - the hand which had been holding his book open dropping lightly in his lap as memories from the past flooded back into his mind...

To think, he'd shared a class with De'Valaer for quite a while and apart from that one time when he thought he had seen a Fae secreted away in the folds of the male's cloak - and then convinced himself shortly afterward that he had in fact imagined it so as not to be upset that something so elusive had chosen another instead of him as an acquaintance... "I...can't say I have..." Elijah had already been quite upset when he had realised what he'd done in regards to Patrick's book, so with this sudden evidence being revealed to him after such a long time...the Diviner decided to play it cool, "...But maybe our paths will cross some day?" He wanted to remain hopeful, but still couldn't believe he'd sat just metres away from a creature he'd not seen since he'd been living in Langfrey as a child...

Branwen in the meantime had busied herself in demolishing the biscuit which was now nothing but a few stray crumbs scattered across the table - she of course wasted little time in hoovering up these pieces as well before taking a moment to preen and then glance around for her next target...

The_littlest_dragonfly

ShinigamiWolves

Quote:

Quote:

With: Branwen, and Elijah
Feeling: Perhaps a little jealous?
OoC ..
"" ""

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

Shinigamiwolves

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:18 pm
User Image

[Where:] Library [Outside] [With:] No one [Feeling:] Relaxed and focused [Outfit:] Noble Attire
╔═══════════════════

Daravin was both a quick reader and a quick study. He blazed through the pages, the in-depths texts delving into the history of magic throughout the world, everywhere from Valor to Trendel. How fascinating it was, to see and learn the various magics that had existed throughout the world. While reading through the tomes brought wonder and intrigue to Daravin’s mind, it also inspired disdain amidst his thoughts. Throughout his life since he was a young boy 12 or 13 years old, Daravin aspired to practice the art of spellcasting. He had grown to find it repugnant being stuck living with only one 3rd tier spell that he could cast. Why have one when you could learn a multitude of them? It was simply a matter of putting the time and effort in. And he did. Daravin spent almost all day, every day studying, practices, endeavouring to self-teach the arts of the spellcaster, while other boys his age would’ve been attending noble gatherings and parties with their parents or having a social life. In his life time, Daravin never found much time for friends, he was often far too busy, preoccupied with his duties to the royal family. What is more, Daravin would have it remain that way.

Focusing intensely as he read each page, Daravin would continue to ponder as he scanned the scholarly texts. How interesting it was…to see how much Valor had fully from grace over the ears… Daravin couldn’t help to contemplate on his home nation. In his true opinion, the nation was a sham, a shadow of what it used to be ruled by a pathetic jest of a King. However, while he hated it all, Daravin still felt powerless on the face of it, even with all his knowledge and learning on spell casting. In truth…the Valorian felt as though he was the only one to see this world for what it was…he had to wonder if there were others who were of like mind? Others who saw what he saw, others who… Daravin shook his head and wore a slightly sad smile. No, nothing in this world was so perfect. If there were others like him, then he was certain that they were few and far between, and what is more, he was certain that he would never meet such people in Eoana…

═══════════════════╝

The_littlest_dragonfly

Tala Maxwell

Quote:

Quote:

Grand Academy of Eoana ➣Academy Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers