Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Entrepreneurs (Broommakers, Wandmakers, etc.)
Caty Blake Workshop ~ Metal Work ~ Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:36 pm
User ImagexxUser Image

This is the work space of Caty Blake, welder, metal worker, and all around pyromaniac. Over the years she's expanding her metal work into jewelry and accessory pieces ranging from the smallest studded earrings to an actual broadsword. She does still make sales at muggle venues but also has her own owl order business and website for premade and custom pieces. Commissions are still on a time base and person wise case.

The space is in a populated muggle square and the only magic used is the occasional charm on an object. She really doesn't want to get the Ministry all over her or accidentally curse a muggle to be shiny forever more.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:51 pm
Currently...

Caty now offers premade items based upon sale numbers from her various pop ups and fairs. Prices are only negotiable on the third Thursday at 3pm every three months.

πΈπ’Άπ“‡π“‡π’Ύπ“ƒπ‘”π“ˆ:
π’Έπ‘œπ“…π“…π‘’π“‡ 14 4 galleons 10 sickles
π“ˆπ’Ύπ“π“‹π‘’π“‡ 17 5 galleons 10 sickles
π‘”π‘œπ“π’Ή 20 7 galleons 8 sickles
π“‡π‘œπ“ˆπ‘’ π‘”π‘œπ“π’Ή 18 6 galleons 5 sickles
𝓂𝒾𝓍𝑒𝒹 𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒢𝓁 15 5 galleons 10 sickles

π‘…π’Ύπ“ƒπ‘”π“ˆ (π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π’½π‘œπ“Šπ“‰ π‘”π‘’π“‚π“ˆ)
π“ˆπ’Ύπ“π“‹π‘’π“‡ 15 5 galleons 10 sickles
π‘”π‘œπ“π’Ή 16 5 galleons 10 sickles
π“‡π‘œπ“ˆπ‘’ π‘”π‘œπ“π’Ή 15 5 galleons 5sickles
𝓂𝒾𝓍𝑒𝒹 𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒢𝓁 13 4 galleons 5 sickles
π“‰π“Šπ“ƒπ‘”π“ˆπ“‰π‘’π“ƒ 14 4 galleons 10 sickles
π“ˆπ’Ύπ“π“‹π‘’π“‡ 𝓅𝓁𝒢𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 12 3 galleons 2 sickles
π‘”π‘œπ“π’Ή 𝓅𝓁𝒢𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 12 3 galleons 2 sickles

π‘…π’Ύπ“ƒπ‘”π“ˆ (π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π’½ π‘”π‘’π“‚π“ˆ)
π“ˆπ’Ύπ“π“‹π‘’π“‡ 25 8 galleons 5 sickles
π‘”π‘œπ“π’Ή 35 11 galleons 10 sickles
π“‡π‘œπ“ˆπ‘’ π‘”π‘œπ“π’Ή 30 10 galleons
𝓂𝒾𝓍𝑒𝒹 𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒢𝓁 20 6 galleons 10 sickles

π’©π‘’π’Έπ“€π“π’Άπ’Έπ‘’π“ˆ **
π“ˆπ’Ύπ“π“‹π‘’π“‡ 15 | 20 | 25 5 | 6 | 8 galleons
π‘”π‘œπ“π’Ή 20 | 25 | 30 6 | 8 | 10 galleons
π“‡π‘œπ“ˆπ‘’ π‘”π‘œπ“π’Ή 15 | 18 | 22 5 | 6 | 7 galleons
𝓂𝒾𝓍𝑒𝒹 𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒢𝓁 14 | 16 | 20 4 | 5 | 6 galleons
π“ˆπ’Ύπ“π“‹π‘’π“‡ 𝓅𝓁𝒢𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 12 | 15 | 19 3 | 4 | 5 galleons
π‘”π‘œπ“π’Ή 𝓅𝓁𝒢𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 13 | 16 | 19 4 | 5 | 6 galleons

π΅π“‡π’Άπ’Έπ‘’π“π‘’π“‰π“ˆ/π’œπ“ƒπ“€π“π‘’π“‰π“ˆ
π“ˆπ’Ύπ“π“‹π‘’π“‡ 20 7 galleons 7 sickles
π‘”π‘œπ“π’Ή 25 8 galleons 5 sickles
π“‡π‘œπ“ˆπ‘’ π‘”π‘œπ“π’Ή 22 5 galleons 10 sickles
π“ˆπ’Ύπ“π“‹π‘’π“‡ 𝓅𝓁𝒢𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 16 5 galleons 7 sickles
π‘”π‘œπ“π’Ή 𝓅𝓁𝒢𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 18 5 galleons 5 sickles

𝐡𝓇𝒢𝒸𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓉/π’œπ“ƒπ“€π“π‘’π“‰ π’Έπ’½π’Άπ“‡π“‚π“ˆ
π“ˆπ“‚π’Άπ“π“ π“ˆπ’Έπ‘œπ‘œπ“… 8 2 galleons
𝒷𝒾𝑔 π“ˆπ’Έπ‘œπ‘œπ“… 12 4 galleons

**pricing based on size  

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:54 pm
Also...

If you would like to commission a work, please either submit your request via mail either through her website or other avian varieties. If you drop by during the week while she is working, she cannot entirely promise your safety. From herself or the tools she isn't quite sure.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:38 pm
So give me hope in the darkness that I will see the light
'Cause oh that gave me such a fright
But I will hold as long as you like
Just promise me we'll be alright
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ᴷⁱⁿᡍ˒ αΆœα΅’Λ‘Λ‘α΅‰α΅α΅‰ ᡁⁿⁱᡛᡉʳ˒ⁱᡗʸ Λ’α΅—α΅˜α΅ˆα΅‰βΏα΅— ❃ α΄±β±α΅ˆα΅’Λ‘β±Λ’α΅— ❃ ᡀᡃᡏᡉⁿ

β–‚β–‚ β–ƒ β–„ β–… β–† β–‡ β–ˆ β–ˆ β–‡ β–† β–… β–„ β–ƒ β–‚β–‚

Finn was not as nervous and overly cautious a person as his sister, close friends, and girlfriend thought him to be. Did he like looking before jumping? Absolutely. But does he still trust his school cafeteria after it nearly gave the football a case of E.Coli? What can he say, he's a creature of habit and he likes giving second chances. What this all accounts to is that he very much did not like visiting Caty at her workshop. Not because he didn't trust her and her craft, he very much did (even if he thought she got a tad maniacal with the fire but also because he's weak to seeing her in muscle tanks hammering at metal ok he's man enough to admit this weakness) but because he doesn't trust himself around sharp, hot, more than likely to give him tetanus. But today he was on a mission because he had very majorly messed up. Like. Horrendously messed up.

He had been planning on proposing to Caty since about his sophomore year of university and had been saving up for it since he had the epiphany at two pm on a Sunday when she'd been sitting his lap detailing to him why Cornish Pixie Rights Mattered and all he could think of was "my God I love this ridiculous person." So with the help of his sister, her father's, and her two oldest friends he'd located the perfect ring and gotten it. It was odd, bright, and beautiful which Finn of course thought would fit her to a T. And he'd had this ring for roughly two years and kept putting off proposing waiting for the supposed right time. At first he'd wanted to do it after he'd graduated but with it literally right around the corner he was finding less and less good reasons on why but he kept postponing. The time didn't feel right, he was in exams, she was feeling stressed from work, they had a fight, they made up from said fight, it was cliche to do it right after the makeup sex from the make up of said fight, the list went on and on and on. He'd briefly brought it up to his mother about it and she'd told him that something was still holding him back that he needed to listen to whether it be the Holy Spirit or his own inner demons. So he'd meditated, or tried to, and hadn't really found any answers there expect that he thought about Caty's arse way more than he probably should so, he just kept waiting.

Finn had kept the ring in the silver ring box that resembled a thimble that he found, and by found he means scavenged nearly every resale shop and scrap bin he could possibly find and DIY'd the rest (it didn't look too bad if he did say so himself). He'd take it out every so often to look at and occasionally apologize that it still wasn't in place for its intended use. On one of these days he'd gotten a brilliant-read stupid-idea: he was going to hide the ring in a place he knew Caty would see it so that when she found it being genuinely confused she would ask him about it and he could have this entire romantic monologue recited and then she'd say yes and they'd live happily ever after.

What actually happened was this: Finn hid the ring underneath Caty's pillow and then left for his internship at the local teaching hospital. He figured between all the analyzing of blood samples, he could come up with a moderately romantic speech before supper that night. What he never counted on was his girlfriend actually remembering the change the sheets (it was literally a near monthly squabble when him having to remind her since while he didn't mind it he'd like not having to do it every single time) and finding the ring after it nearly been flung across the room thinking it was one of her pieces she'd misplaced. He wouldn't know any of this until later on his lunch break when he was checking his instagram feed and nearly choked on his falafal when he spotted Caty's showing off her spread for the local pop up she was doing with his engagement ring right and center of the pile.

He then quickly shot a text to her asking if she'd sold any rings yet and then waiting an agonizing three minutes forty-two seconds before she responding with a no allowing him to finally breathe. It then took him nearly five minutes to construct a text asking her to please not sell a particular ring for reasons he couldn't specify yet before caving and saying he wanted to purchase it for his mom as a spontaneous gift. Finn thought this was working with all the heart emojis she had sent him before the air was nearly knocked out of him again when she suggested delivering the gift to her in person once she finished shop to which he quickly texted pleasefortheloveofallthatsgoodno because she was working late tonight he'd give it to her on a weekend. Once again, his heart rate starting coming back to human speeds when she shot him a kissy face emoji and the letter "K." He couldn't even look at his falafal now, the world was now a much scarier place than it had been just fifteen minutes ago.

Which was why right after his shift ended at the hospital instead of going home he nearly got a speeding ticket rushing to Caty's shop to finally finish what he'd unwittingly started. On any given day he'd stand and admire the way his girlfriend painstakingly shaped what appeared to be an earring in the shape of a fairy's wing but today he was on a mission, he'd dare say it was even a mission from God. He waited until she was at a point where it looked moderately safe to bother her and rang the triangle she'd had him haphazardly set up one day as a customer alert system. She looked up and seemed somewhat surprised to see him there but grinned all the same before rushing towards him for a hug and kiss.

"Hey! What's up, something wrong. something happen?" she asked curiously brightening as he shook his head negative.

"Nono nothing like that! I just uh, uhhhh, do-do you still have that ring I told you about earlier?" he stammered. Caty just gave him an odd look before pulling away. "Of course! When you told me why you didn't want me selling it, I locked it with the money so it couldn't tempt anyone. I'm honestly kinda impressed and jealous; I don't even remember making that and it's hella pretty! I could make a whole line of rings looking that like and it would sell like fireworks!" she babbled going to her lock box and opening it to retrieve the aforementioned ring. Even while he knew she'd keep her word and not sell it, Finn still let out a large sigh of relief at seeing the ring safe and sound. Now on to the hard part.

"Actually, that wasn't-I'm not actually going to give that ring to mum. I just made that up so you couldn't sell it." Caty's green eyes widened than narrowed suspiciously at his words. "Whatthehell, why would you do that?!"

"Because! Because um..there's an inscription in it that you should read first." he answered visibly nervous. Again, her eyes narrowed mumbling about how she almost never does inscriptions but obediently turned over the ring to look at catching sight of the words "Forever lost."

"What in the ******** style="color: #4D6FAC">"It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to put there. Nearly longer than picking the damned thing if I'm honest." Finn chuckled breathlessly. "But then, I had to think about my time with you, and how I always feel when I'm around you and it erm, it sorta just hit me one day. You know, before meeting you I never gave Peter Pan much thought beyond y'know the movies or whatever but after...I kinda started seeing myself in Wendy more often than not. She's got all these responsibilities, all these problems she's supposed to fix, kids to help watch, and times she truly allows herself to act her own age is when she's with Peter in Neverland. Despite y'know, various kidnapping attempts and the slightly racist depictions of Native Americans that I quite honestly don't want to get into at the moment, she still finds Neverland this beautiful enchanting place specifically because of Peter and she sorta keeps a part of that magic with her once she returns back to London. That's kinda how I see myself when I'm with you." Finn fiddled a bit with his hands never accounting to not have anything to do with them when he actually did this but he was flying blind here. Caty for the most part was just standing stock still watching him ramble still clutching the ring in her hands.

"For the most part, I stick to what I know, what I've always known and I don't really go outside my box. It's kinda how I've always been, until you sorta start nudging me out of it. I've seen and been a part of things I never in a thousand years could've dreamed of and it's all because of my own personal Peter Pan replacement. So, I'd like to keep being nudged and being shown these things by you, and only by you if-"

"Ohmygod, shut. Up.

Finn clacked his mouth together noisily as he took in the surprising sight of Caty crying with a bright grin on her face.
                                            "I didn't mean to say it like that! You were doing amazing, really, lookit me! I'm a bloody crying mess! But I swear to God if you don't come right here and put this damned ring on my finger so I can properly snog you I honestly have no idea what I'd do." she requested/demanded as she wiped at her eyes. Finn took little time swallowing the small distance between them and plucking the ring from her hands before sliding it on her left ring finger where it belonged. ********.

"You didn't even let me get to ask the actual question." he teased using his hands to gently help wipe away her remaining tears while she huffed.
                                            "As if there was ever a doubt I wouldn't say yes! And if there was you're a ruddy idiot. OHMYGOD." Caty suddenly exclaimed startling her poor fiance (hellsyeah) causing him to put a hand over his poor weak heart.

"Maybe I can use this to kick my dad and Nirav into gear! You'd think after pushing them together and painstakingly needle them into proposing that the actual wedding planning would be easy but noooooo! They're both so bloody congenial on whatever they want we keep going around in circles! I bet if I threaten my Da to make it to the alter before him he'd put his arse in place!" she stated triumphantly gazing down at her engagement ring with a mad glint in her eye. Finn merely sighed not at all surprised where her mind had taken her. He did sign up for this after all.

So lead me back, turn south from that place
And close my eyes to my recent disgrace
'Cause you know my call
And we'll share my all
And our children come and they will hear me roar

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Entrepreneurs (Broommakers, Wandmakers, etc.)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games