Submit

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:14 pm
Jarah was...well he wasn't sure how he felt to be honest. He'd learned a lot about his dad recently, including the fact that he'd lost an arm to Threadfall and had another son. Who was now coming to live with Jarah's family.

It wasn't like Jarah wasn't used to younger siblings, but this kid was eight Turns already and he didn't know anything about him except for his name. Jacel. His mother had sent him out to meet the kid since she was unable to due to drills and Jarah had a rare free moment from candidate studies.

So there he stood, waiting to meet the newest addition to the family.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:34 pm
The eight turn old in question was carefully lifted off of the blue dragon and placed on the ground. "Here you are!" The rider said cheerfully. The kid had been silent ever since he'd gotten on the blue, but at least he hadn't wet himself going between. The dragonriding pair lingered for a moment before launching back into the air. Perhaps to head to their weyr, or else make another delivery.

Jacel crossed his arms and studied Jarah. "You look dimglowed!" He announced.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:48 pm
Jarah thanked the blue rider and waved as he left. And then he was left with what was apparently an ill-mannered child.

"Wow. Rude. Are all Harper kids as rude as you?" If so, he was glad to have been raised at the Weyr for most of his life. "So. I'm assuming you're Jacel. I'm Jarah. C'mon, I'll take you to your new home."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:01 pm
"I don't want a new home, I want my home!" Jacel stomped his foot. "I don't like you! Send me home!" He took off passed Jarah and kept running. He didn't want to be here. Why couldn't he stay at home? His papa needed him. He could help, really he could! He was old enough to be an apprentice now!

"I'm not going with you!" He called back. "You can't make me!"  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:07 pm
"Yeah well, you can't go home." Jarah was already annoyed. He did not sign up for this. And then the kid took off running. "Shells!" he cursed and ran after him.

"Jacel! You have to go with me!" Oh yeah, that was gonna work. "My mom is going to take care of you!"  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:23 pm
...He couldn't go home? Ever? Jacel stopped just briefly, taking a breath. He swallowed and blinked for a moment before he took off again.

"No!" He called back. And he didn't need this guy's stupid momma, either. "I don't need anyone." His papa didn't want him there at the Hall, he didn't understand. It didn't matter that his papa only had one arm now. "I wanna go home."  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:41 pm
Jarah slowed when Jacel stopped, only to curse when he took off again. "Come back here! Let me explain!" he called before putting on enough speed to snag the kid around the waist and haul him up on one shoulder.

"You're only eight Turns. You need adults. And my mom's a hell of a lot better than staying in the creche." Not that the creche workers were bad, it was more that Jarah's mom was awesome. "Plus, you get two for the price of one. Anath's a pretty good mom, too."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:27 pm
Jacel fought the whole time. He yanked at Jarah's hair. He kicked. "Let me go!" He screeched. "Lemme go! Please! I just want to go home!" There had to be a dragonrider willing to return him to the Harperhall.

"I don't want a stupid dragon mom!"  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:27 pm
Jarah scowled and wrapped his arm around Jacel's arms and waist, so at least the little brat couldn't pull his hair anymore. He was used to kicking from his other siblings.

"Yeah, well," he grumbled, starting to feel bad for the kid. "Western is your home now. Maybe you can get your dad to visit. And Anath is not stupid."  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games