Submit

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:54 pm

User Image

๐•ฟ๐–๐–Š ๐•ฒ๐–—๐–Ž๐–Ÿ๐–Ÿ๐–‘๐–ž ๐•ฎ๐–†๐–™ ๐•พ๐–™๐–”๐–—๐–Ž๐–Š๐–˜

Owned by Fidal Taguel

Nestled on a small side street, this moderatly sized bookstore holds many tomes and novels that any ambitious student or sensible adult could want. For books with information on multiple subjects, as well as fantastical stories, what one can't find, one can ask to order.

Hours of Operation:

Su: Closed
M: 10.00am - 4.00pm
T: 10.00am - 4.00pm
W: 10.00am - 4.00pm
Th: 10.00am - 4.00pm
F: 10.00am - 4.00pm
Sa: Closed

Hours subject to change at the owner's digression

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:33 pm
User Image

A T R I A tab L Y R A E
โ˜†โ•โ”โ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”โ•โ˜†

R I D I N G x T H E x D A Z Z L I N G x S T A R x -- x L E T S x G O x S O M E W H E R E
xE V E N x T O x M E R C U R Y ;
Y O U x S A Yx Y O U x S A W x S O M E T H I N G x O U T x T H E R E-
F A R x F A R , x B E Y O N D x I T

tab 'It's cold.'
                  tab The thought ran through the girl's mind as she stepped outside, a slight frown forming on her face as she realized that she had predicted the weather wrong, and was subsequently only wearing a light dress and a thin scarf. Of course, the night before she just assumed she was right, and Atria certainly never bothered to check the weather forecasts, especially because they were just as unreliable as her own predictions. Still, it was too late to turn back, and as the girl descended from the steps of her dorm, she headed towards the market, intent on finding something interesting to do. There was little Atria could do against the cold air touching her skin, her face turning pink as she paced through Academy City's market district, her mind wandering as she allowed her body to move on its own accord. Naturally, she wasn't particularly focused on where she was going, in fact she knew several hours ago how her day was mostly going to pan out. She had already seen herself wander the market district for a while before stopping at the bookstore, where she would read some books, sip the warm chamomile tea she had tucked away in her thermos, and lead a generally uneventful day. While, of course, there were margins for error, normally if her predictions involved Atria herself, they would generally come to pass.

tab The girl opened the doors of the bookstore, the little bell hanging on the inside of the thick wooden doors ringing in the back of her head as she passed through. She gave a slight nod to the bookstore employee before drifting over to the novel section, instinctively grabbing a book off the shelf and flipping through a few pages before putting back. Either it was a book she had already read before, or it was a book she had already predicted the ending to (although, there have been many instances where she had gotten the ending wrong in some way and subsequently got involved in some very heated arguments). Regardless, it took Atria a few minutes of scanning for her to find the book she was looking for, but unfortunately it was too high up for her to reach. She let out a huff, turning her head to search for the book keeper, but it seemed as if he had left to stock things on the other side of the store, and she didn't see any good coming out of disturbing him. In fact, she saw several outcomes involving a precarious stack of books and the poor man falling over himself in an attempt to help, and honestly it just wasn't worth the inevitable injuries. Still, Atria had to take a look around, pulling her mind from the haze of the future and actually focusing on trying to find a stool or a ladder or something, anything that could boost her up to grab that book!
                  "Oh curse the gods," she muttered, letting out a sharp hiss of air before she firmly planted her foot on one of the shelves and tried to lift herself up, her fingertips just barely brushing the spine of the novel.

tab Instead of grabbing her elusive prize, however, the arm hoisting Atria up gave out on her and she fell backwards, landing on her rear with a loud thud. She let out a small yelp, before putting a hand to her mouth to stop her from cursing. Instead she drew a sharp breath, trying to ignore the pain radiating up from her backside and focusing on gathering the courage to try again.

mood- โ˜‚ โ˜ tab music - x tab company - tab locale - Bookstore tab profile - x

- -x B E T W E E N x T H E x S T A R S x W E ' L Lx D A N C Ex T I Lx D A W Nโ‹ฎ I ' L L x T AK E x Y O U x S O M W H E R Ex E V E N x M O R E x B R I L L I A N T

OOC:
                  Kurisuchin Saiyuki

suzuuuu

Decisive Capitalist

7,975 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:42 pm
User Image

xxxxโœธ โ™  Kayne Nightroad โ™  โœธxxxx

Cooking Professor, The Jolly Tavern and Inn Chef

โ† ใ€“ : . : ยฑ : . : ยฑ : . : ยฑ : . : ยฑ : . : ยฑ : . : ใ€“ โ†’

-- Enter --

Mainly, it was due to research, and also to test out different recipes, but aside from the hunt for good cookbooks, Kayne decided to travel to the bookstore because he was in the mood for a fictional novel to read. His genre on novels was mostly on adventures, a way to inspire himself on how to conquer obstacles in a positive light. In fact, the shelves were high and packed with material, as if they were freshly stocked a day ago. In fact, the entire family would be beneficial since the references were in good condition, though it was himself who would be extremely happy since the novel was a self-reward, and he deserved it. Kayne was now close on one of the shelves, contemplating on which course to try out, when he heard someone yelping.

Alarmed, he jogged to check out who was hurt; it was a fair-haired female, expression obviously creased with pain. Also, based on her age, she must be a student like Caspian and the princess whom he had given the turnovers earlier in the morning. His question was softly spoken as he took notice of those blue eyes, contrasting well to his crimson ones. "Miss, feeling okay? If you want, I'll help you in reaching the book that you want to get." Of course, it would be if the other would really need it, and right now, it was mostly likely that she would require one.

Mood: research mode, concerned
Company: a girl
Profile: x
OOC:

Quote:

suzuuuu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:26 pm
User Image

A T R I A tab L Y R A E
โ˜†โ•โ”โ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”โ•โ˜†

R I D I N G x T H E x D A Z Z L I N G x S T A R x -- x L E T S x G O x S O M E W H E R E

tab Atria looked up at the man offering her help, a bout of confusion crossing her face for an instance before nodding. She definitely hadn't seen herself run into anybody at the bookstore today, although to be fair, she didn't quite see herself tumbling over in the way she did either. "I'm quite alright, thank you for asking," she said, standing up on her own with the quiet stubbornness that pervaded most of her actions. Quietly, the girl brushed the dirt off her dress, standing up straight and looking up at the man. "If you would be so kind, I'm trying to get that novel by Jenna Winona up there," she pointed briefly, her eyes barely focusing the man in front of her as she spoke. Atria was awkwardly formal, the result of a poor child being thrust into the company of nobility and learning how to talk all over again, that, and the fact that the girl was always floating in the clouds above and didn't exactly focus on what was happening around her. In fact, it would take her a shock or a great surprise to snap her attention and make her truly focus on anything, and an even greater event to make her focus on an actual human beings besides what they may or may not do in the future.

tab Despite the fact that Atria had little grasp on reality, she did briefly note the appearance of the man before her. He seemed older, almost like an actual adult, but what mostly caught her focus was the color of his eyes, a bright crimson that demanded attention. Atria was always fascinated by how others looked, especially because she was fond of the train of thought that a persons appearance can tell you a lot about them if you know what to look for. Not in terms of attractiveness, but little things, like the presence of wrinkles or callouses that clue you in on what someone's life was like. Regardless, he seemed very familiar to her, and she just couldn't quite put her finger on it. While, naturally, being a student at the academy meant that she often ran into people she had seen before, she felt as if she had certainly seen him around, or that she had at least noticed him above other people around. Of course, as someone who is prone to visions of the future, quite often it is hard to determine you you have actually met and who you haven't quite gotten to know, so it was always a mixed bag in terms of recognizing people. "I believe I have seen you around before, have we met?" Atria secretly wondered if her question sounded odd, but the question was just ringing in her mind and she couldn't get rid of it.

mood- โ˜‚ โ˜ tab music - x tab company - A Man tab locale - Bookstore tab profile - x

- -x B E T W E E N x T H E x S T A R S x W E ' L Lx D A N C Ex T I Lx D A W Nโ‹ฎ I ' L L x T AK E x Y O U x S O M W H E R Ex E V E N x M O R E x B R I L L I A N T

OOC: Sorry work scheduled me hellishly this week lmao
                  Kurisuchin Saiyuki

suzuuuu

Decisive Capitalist

7,975 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:19 pm
User Image

At the request for the book, that's was when he nodded, happily obliging to the assistance through moving to the self where the book was found. He stretched his body carefully, ensuring that the spine was within reach with a firm grasp. One advantage of being helpful was that he would be liked by almost everyone else in the kingdom (though there would still be people who disliked him that much). At the question about the possible past encounter, he chuckled sheepishly."Ah, actually, I may not remember much about the people who visited the inn and tavern, so I'm not sure. If anything, this is our first time meeting up close and personal." Though he was an expert in cooking, it didn't mean that he would remember the patrons completely, but it still didn't stop him from being the generous man that he always was.

When he was done talking, he handed the book to her. "Here you go. The book that you want to see. Anything else that you needed help for?" Kayne smiled at the young-looking girl as if he was a father willing to give the kid some more candy if the other would want it, or just not minding it at all. He would adjust to make sure that the girl would leave the place with a smile before he would exit later on and head back to the tavern and inn.

Mood: research mode, concerned
OOC:

Quote:

suzuuuu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:19 am
User Image

A T R I A tab L Y R A E

tab Atria let out a small 'hm' at the man's response, tapping her cheek lightly before shaking the feeling off. Obviously, then, she had never met him, which made the nagging sense that she had before even more annoying. Unfortunately it happened with a lot of people, and one bad side effect of being able to see the different paths that the future would take meant that there were a lot of people that she had seen but never actually seen in the present times. Actually, most times Atria never met the people she would sporadically see in her visions, especially if it involved a question or a focus on a person that wasn't her. Regardless, it didn't really matter. Any passerby on the street could end up being somebody important in some grand karmic destiny, but it wasn't Atria's job to find out who or why. If anything, she just predicted the future, she didn't have to be involved any of the heroics behind it.

tab "Well, regardless if we've met or not, my name is Atria," she said, watching as he reached up to grab the book that she was looking to read. She nodded politely as he handed it to her, giving him a small smile before letting it fade to study the book in her hands. It was a dystopian novel, one of her favorites, and she had decided it was finally time to re-read again. For whatever reason, every time she read the book, it was like something she hadn't noticed before had thrown itself in there, like an extra chapter or an added sentence here and there, as if it was magically continuing to write and rewrite itself. Atria knew it probably wasn't, and in fact was very well aware that it was most likely a symptom of being able to see many different types of futures, especially including ones where the book had been written just a tad bit differently. Regardless, however, she still found it a fascinating read, and she looked back up at the man to offer her thanks. "No, the book was all I needed, but thank you very much for getting it down for me.
                  " The girl gave another polite smile, reminded of the many times her mother had scolded her for not smiling enough when talking, but it didn't last for very long.

tab Atria found politeness to be quite exhausting, and even a fake smile was too much to maintain. Everything she did, from her speech to the way she carried herself, was in an earnest attempt to be polite and proper, but often it made her sound like an awkward machine that obviously didn't know how to interact with others outside the bounds of small talk. It didn't help that she was distant and flighty either, with a tendency to stare into space rather than fixate on the presence and be actually capable of having a conversation without seeming like a weirdo. In fact, there was an awkward pause before the girl spoke again, an odd attempt at actually holding a conversation with a person she definitely didn't know. "This is actually my favorite novel, I really enjoy the way she describes things in it especially, but also because I really love reading about like daring escapes and things like that." Atria internally chided herself, worried that she sounded weird or overly awkward.

mood- โ˜‚ โ˜ tab music - x tab company - A Man tab locale - Bookstore tab profile - x

OOC: Sorry work scheduled me hellishly this week lmao
                  Kurisuchin Saiyuki

suzuuuu

Decisive Capitalist

7,975 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:21 pm
User Image

"Atria, huh? That's such a lovely name coming from someone like you," Kayne complimented as soon as he was done helping out with the book. Though it was a shame that she wouldn't need any help aside from the book, the fact that she accepted the assistance was enough to light up a smile on his face. "My name's Kayne Nightroad, chef of the tavern and inn, and also the cooking professor of this academy. I'm known as Jolly Kayne because I'm the cheerful man willing to help out, especially when filling bellies and giving wandering travelers a place to rest up for the night or two." At her ramble about the book, he didn't mind it at all and instead commented about her appreciation for the reading material.

"The good thing about reading books is that you can always see the imaginative world, something that the authors want to experience alongside the readers. But also, life lessons can be given, something worth emulating." It was then that he thought of a proposition. "Say, do you have any preference when it comes to food? I actually am here because I'm buying cookbooks for my repertoire. Maybe I can give you a sample of my cooking and you may end up liking it." After all, it may also become a chance to recruit her to the cooking elective, to show that it could be fun experimenting with food as long as the end result is delectable.

Mood: research mode, happy
OOC:

Quote:

suzuuuu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:26 pm
Jesse Randall
~ Entering The Grizzly Cat Stories :: Bookstore ~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Perhaps it was the scent on the wind? Or maybe because she was already missing the warmth from The Floating Lotus, but Jesse had barely gotten a few stores away before she started feeling rather cold...

Her main intention had of course been to head back to the Academy, putting away her gifts for her Father and his partner before maybe having a go at making a tiny coat for Silme when they next crossed paths...but as she gave a shiver, reluctant to breathe in the cold air that was making her nose tingle, Jesse caught the smell of aging tomes... It was a wonderful smell, something similar to that of the Library, only a little different as it mixed with the fresh, cold air...

She was still quite a ways from the Festival - and even further from the Academy, but for the moment, warmth was necessary and her beautiful coat wasn't going to cut it after being in such a warm environment...

Resisting the urge to cover up her nose and lose the scent, Jesse followed the trail, eventually happening upon the sign of an old bookstore. With a grin, she allowed the collar of her coat to slip as she reached out for the door. Instinctively, she would knock, before pushing down the handle...

"Hello?" The door was unlocked, which was a good thing, but there was no saying that the owner hadn't taken a moment to slip out to the festival for supplies, "Are you still open?" Careful to close the door behind her and keep out the cold, Jesse unzipped her coat and took a moment to stand in the doorway, taking in the scent of the tomes before taking a cautious advance towards the first line of shelves.

Quote:

Valiant Fenris

Appearance: As seen, but Wearing This
With:
Feeling:
OoC

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100

Valiant Fenris

Sexy Rabbit

8,500 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:24 am
User Image
User Image

โ™  MOOD โ–ฌ โ Happy โž โ™  LOCATION โ–ฌ โ The Grizzly Cat Stories โž โ™  COMPANY โ–ฌ โ Jess โž

The Grizzly Cat Stories was a cozy bookstore. It had high shelves full of all sorts of books, sorted by genre and alphabetized. In one corner in the back of the room was a fireplace with a small flame burning within and a few armchairs set next to it for anyone who wanted to read. In the other was the counter, placed in front of the back room door. It was from behind the counter that two long, black ears poked out as a voice called out.

"Hello," the rabbity ears replied. A figure, dressed in red and black popped up from under the ears as the ears lowered themselves. A four foot nine inch man smiled at the girl. "Officially we are closed, however I could not live with myself If I threw such a charming young lady back out into the cold."

Moving from vehind the counter, he bowed slightly to her, left arm across his mid section. "I am Fidal, owner of this store. You are more than welcome to stay for a while and warm up." He righted himself and looked her over quickly. She was fairly cute, with sandy hair and fur, though even with the fur on her ears and tail she seemed cold. He could understand that. Sometimes his ears were a blessing and a curse being so large, but he had a slightly thicker layer of fur on his.

Out Of Cards โ†’ WOOT

Tala Maxwell

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:01 am
Jesse Randall
~ Entering The Grizzly Cat Stories :: Bookstore ~

Jesse's ears would twitch at the sound of a voice and she would turn her gaze towards the counter behind which appeared a male not much taller than herself; she found it hard to ignore his large, black, rabbity ears and her own foxy radars flicked back as he called her charming, she could easily pass her blush off for the cold weather, but smiled and advanced,

"Many Greetings to you, Fidal, My name's Jesse," she would make sure to remove her coat this time - not wanting to miss the warmth when she went outside again, "I was going to head back to the Academy, but I caught a scent of books on the air and just had to find out where it led," she had always been a fan of books and would spend hours in such places just reading - Her Father permitting, the man was confident he could drop her off at a bookstore when he went into town for supplies and pick her back up again later on as she would be that engrossed - obviously he'd often have to buy her a book in the process, but that was a small mercy for his daughter's happiness. "Thank you soo much, it's so deceptively cold out there...!"

Taking a moment to hang her coat up, she would turn and make her way along the shelves, trailing a finger gently across the spines of the tomes, all facing outward in alphabetical order as she moved deeper into the store, "It's a silly question, but do you have any fictional books?" She recalled her time with Silme and how the Fae had perused her books but found little of use in regards to finding out her origin, "I've been reading the same tomes for some time now and could do with a few new stories to read before bedtime," she would smile, so happy to be back in such a store again, it had felt like forever...

Quote:

Valiant Fenris

With: Fidal
Feeling: Excited
OoC Jesse Loves her books =D

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

Valiant Fenris

Sexy Rabbit

8,500 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:39 am
User Image
User Image

โ™  MOOD โ–ฌ โ Happy โž โ™  LOCATION โ–ฌ โ The Grizzly Cat Stories โž โ™  COMPANY โ–ฌ โ Jesse โž

Fidal intently listened to her.
                                          It had been a slow day so he was a slight bit bored without meaningful conversation. "Many greetings to you, Miss Jesse. I can understand your scent based wanderlust. The smell of a book is a rarely noticed treasure." He tapped his nose in emphasis.
                                          The smell of books was quite relaxing to him. Maybe it reminded him of his grandfather or just the stories he wpuld lose himself in. "If you find a book that peaks your interest you can make yourself cozy by the fire."

He watched as she wandered one of the shelves, feeling the books. It was another thing he could relate to. While she was perusing, the collection, Fidal took the time to tidy some of the books by the counter. He kept his favorites on a shelf nearby for when he had a moment or more to himself.

Her question enticed a chuckle from him. "Nonsense Miss Jesse, there are no silly questions. I've seen a bookstore specialize in everything but fiction. A boring place indeed. Anyways, the rows of shelves on either side of the counter is the fictional section. Well, except for this shelf. This is the 'owner's recommendations' shelf."

The rabbit had all sorts of books on this shelf. There was
                                          a collection of his favorite fiction, non fiction, and science fiction, with a bit of each genre except Romance. Fidal had them in the store, he just wasn't interested in reading them.

Out Of Cards โ†’

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:05 am
Jesse Randall
~ The Grizzly Cat Stories :: Bookstore ~

"Nothing beats a good old fashioned book store," she would breathe in deeply as she said that, exhaling a breath of sheer pleasure as she moved between the shelves, remembering fondly the trips with her Father. "And thanks, I just might!" Her large ears would flick towards the sound of movement as Fidel proceeded to tidy up, she hoped dearly that she could find something that drew her attention, not just so she could remain in the warm for a little longer, but also because she almost knew her favourite books off by heart.

"I can imagine," when he mentioned about once finding a bookstore that had all, but fiction, she could only wonder what the sellers were missing out on, what was life without a little bit of fantasy? A bookstore without Fiction...it must have been a very sad place to work.

"Oh?" Hearing that the rows closest to the counter held the prize she was seeking, she allowed her fingertips to trail lightly from the books she was following and drop to her side as she turned her sights onto the next target, making her way over,

Jesse's eyes would light up at the choice, of course, she would find a few tomes similar to the ones she already owned, recognising the titles of others before allowing her hand to rise, selecting a book from one of the higher shelves before cradling it gently in her arm as her fingers traced the lettering on the cover, "I could spend all day here," she smiled, "but I might give this one a read, if that's alright?" She of course planned to purchase the book if she found she liked it, otherwise, Jesse knew she could easily lose herself for a few joyful moments of fantasy.

Quote:

Valiant Fenris

Feeling: Excited
OoC Jesse Loves her books =D

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

Valiant Fenris

Sexy Rabbit

8,500 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:47 am
User Image
User Image

โ™  MOOD โ–ฌ โ Happy โž โ™  LOCATION โ–ฌ โ The Grizzly Cat Stories โž โ™  COMPANY โ–ฌ โ Jesse โž

As the young miss looked around the shelves, Fidal continued his work. He was organizing his personal collection. He had also planned to dust, bit he could wait til later to do that. He kept the store pretty clean and a few hours wait wouldn't hurt. He didn't want to bother the delicate senses of the fox girl, not if she could smell a book from outside. Dust would probably irritate her greatly, even if their wasn't much.

He took note of her selection. If she happened to like it,
                                          He would try and find more books akin to it. "You are more than welcome to stay, Miss Jesse. Please, take the seat closest to the fire, I find it is the comfiest for a good read." He smiled at her before returning to his chore.

He managed to finish sorting the books in a short amount of time, something that would take a few seconds with proper attention. He unfortunately had not the time to do so since opening the store. Most of his time was spent managing and exploring the town. As soon as he was finished, though, he took the book he was currently reading and went to sit by the fire with Jesse.

So far he loved the book. A daring tale of a princess who's kingdom was suffering. Tired of waiting for a hero, she set out to solve the many problems. Her magical abilities were purely practical, but she learned to hold her own with a sword. Currently, she was negotiating new trade deals with a band of pirates. One of her less action packed adventures, but one full of political intrigue. Fidal was dying to find out how she could manage to convince pirates not to be so piratey.

Out Of Cards โ†’ Forgot to quote you on the last one XD

Tala Maxwell

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:25 pm
Jesse Randall
~ The Grizzly Cat Stories :: Bookstore ~

"Thank you, Fidel," she would nod, making her way over to the aforementioned seat before curling her tail around and sitting down. She would of course resist the urge to sit like she would back home - with her legs dangling over the arm of the chair - the male had been kind enough to point her in the direction of the 'best seat in the house' but she didn't want to push her luck by sitting sloppily.

As she got herself comfortable, Jesse would gently open the cover of the book, once again enjoying the scent of the pages as it was wafted up towards her nose by the movement; Having already scanned the blurb on the back of the book, she took a moment to wonder how things would all come to pass before admiring the detailed image on the first page.

The image itself threw up many possible stories, it was a tree, with a single golden apple hanging from its boughs, that itself was one tale, another regarded the strange, dragon-like creature that wove its way around the trunk, its beady eyes staring across to the left of the page as the serpent glowered upon knight, clad in silvery armour with a blade in their outstretched hand - the tip of which lay just inches from the creature's flickering tongue.

The first chapter would deliver the crux of the tale, a beautiful princess, respected by many and adored by all had once grown up in a quiet village with her Father - a Nobleman who shared his wealth with those in need, he, like his daughter was loved by all and the villagers all lived very happy lives...

As with many happy beginnings, the story would proceed to take a turn. The Nobleman, so trusting of those around him happily offered his home as shelter to a travelling vendor who upon the surface was just a gentle old saleswoman, eager to make a coin or two where she could... In reality, she was an assassin who had been sent by a jealous King, eager to claim the man's wealth for his own so he may live further in bliss...

After she had spiked his drink at the dining table upon which a large feast had been set, the Nobleman would fall gravely ill whilst the Witch would escape into the night, leaving the village in great distress...

All looked lost for the villagers and their happy community, until a healer approached the situation, telling tale that a sole surviving serpent, akin to those from which the venom had originally been harvested, nestled in the mountains of yonder, many walks away... The situation looked grim, but the Princess was desperate to save her Father's life and agreed to the adventure, leaving with few supplies but the man's armour upon her back...

Jesse would remain quite engrossed, finding her way through more than just the first chapter before finally realising the time... "Oh my... I'm so terribly sorry," she had at least remained awake this time - having often in the past fallen asleep whilst cradling the book in her arms, "I always seem to lose time when I read..." She slid from the chair and proceeded to rummage around in her pockets, "Please, may I ask how much it costs? I'd love to read it a little longer,"

Quote:

Valiant Fenris

Feeling: Oh, How the time flies!
OoC I'm thinking she's going to be a returning visitor hehe

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

Valiant Fenris

Sexy Rabbit

8,500 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:06 pm
User Image
User Image

โ™  MOOD โ–ฌ โ Peaceful โž โ™  LOCATION โ–ฌ โ The Grizzly Cat Stories โž โ™  COMPANY โ–ฌ โ Jesse โž

As soon as the bunny butler sat himself down, he opened the book. The warmth of the small fire, and the soft chair, soon relaxed him as his eyes scanned page after page. When he had left off, a rival nation cut trade routes to the Princess' kingdom. Hoping to find a solution, she went to the sea, one border the enemy had no control over. However, sea trade suffered due to pirating.

The Princess determined that making a deal with the pirates was the only way to restore trade to her country.
                                          Sure, sea trade offered different opportunities than what her country was used too, but they needed to adapt or they would fail. She would do what she must to ensure they did not, however.

The Princess did not, however, foresee that if the deal were to happen she was to marry a young Captain who was smitten woth her. She found herself in a conundrum.
                                          Would she marry this scoundrel to save her country? She barely knew him!

Before Fidal could find out, however, he looked away to process what he read, trying to make predictions about what would happen next. He noticed that Jesse was deep into her book, eyes scanning the pages, trying to devour every little detail. Fidal chuckled to himself and stood up to stretch, just as the fox realized the time.

"No worries, I lost myself as well. As for the book, keep it. You seem so entranced tjat I could not possibly charge you. Not today at least, it being the festival. Consider it a gift." Before she could leave, he asked for a moment and went into the back to fetch something. He came back with a long black and red scarf.
                                          "Here, take this, please. It probably did not get warmer outside and I wouldn't want you to become an ice sculpture."

Out Of Cards โ†’ Woot! First returning customer

Quote:

Main City โžฃMarket District

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces