Reply [IC] Deserted...
{PRP}I found a... bird? {Vaiva x Nasrin}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:55 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

She and her twin sister Marzena had recently settled into a shadowy pride. Not a pride that was shady or underhanded, but one that preferred to live in the shadows. It was different from what she was used to. Her pride tended to avoid or at least shy away from contact with others. Some still did venture out, or the pride would be in danger of stagnating.

One thing she had noticed about the pride, was that nearly everyone had a familiar of some kind or other. She didn’t. It bothered her because it meant she didn’t fit in. The trouble was the pride didn’t have many familiars, so it wasn’t likely she could wait until one had offspring.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Nasrin was always curious. Where did her parents go when they flew away? Why did they leave? She hadn’t yet connected the fact they brought her and her siblings tasty things to eat when they came back. The nest was crowded with her siblings and she wanted the freedom that her parents of the skies.

Sadly young birds can’t fly, but they certainly could fall. In her effort to see what was below the nest, Nasrin unbalanced and went beak over tail down to the ground. Luckily she landed with a bump in a soft-ish pile of leaves. She shook off her daze and peered around. Well! While she was down here she could check it out!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:28 pm
Vaiva pondered the problem of acquiring a familiar for herself. There were only a few options she could see. One- stand out from the normal and not get herself a familiar. She couldn’t honestly see doing that one, but it was an option. Two- wait for one of the familiar to have babies. Viable, but Vaiva had no idea when that would be, much less if the mother would agree to give her one of the babies. Three- go out and find herself a willing familiar. By far the most proactive of her options; it could also take time to find the right familiar.

She was hunter and expected to go out and hunt. It would be just as easy to “hunt” up a willing familiar. So as Vaiva headed out she kept her eyes open for prey and potential familiars.

She was faintly uneasy on the ground, but Nasrin couldn’t figure out why. Her instincts said she needed to get back up into the tree. Little did she know that the ground was not a safe place for young birds. Pushing her feelings aside, the young falcon waddled forward with delight. Her eyes taking in bushes and plants that now seemed so much bigger. There was so many things down here that she couldn’t see from up above in her nest. Like the little trail of insects parading across the ground in single file. She chuckled to herself in amusement at them. What could they possibly be called?

magnadearel

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:52 pm
As she went about her hunt, Vaiva mused over her options for gathering a familiar. They would probably be wary if she approached, but she couldn’t just lay around and let them come to her. She needed to do it openly so she wouldn’t spook them too much at first. It also gave them the chance to run away from her when they spotted her. No matter that a cheetah could outrun them for a short time. Vaiva doubted they’d much appreciate being chased.

She pushed between some foliage and noted a maned wolf stalking something. Ah! There was a potential familiar for her! But he looked busy. Should she interrupt or wait for him to succeed or fail? She really didn’t want him to get away before she could ask.

A faint noise behind her, startled the young chick. She looked over her shoulder, but nothing looked out of the ordinary. Reluctantly she turned back to the line of insects. Were they edible perhaps? Then she heard another soft noise and looked again. Still nothing, but she started to get a feeling of unease. Something wasn’t right here.

Nasrin moved a few steps away, keeping a side eye on the spot where it seemed the sounds were coming from. She’d just move along now….. There was more noise, as a brush shook and then a large creature emerged flashing sharp white teeth at her. The young chick screamed and fluttered her wings, which didn’t really accomplish much.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:11 pm
Vaiva tailed the maned wolf unnoticed as he was intent upon something in front of him. Just as he made a move, she heard the frightened screamed of a young bird. The cheetah acted before she’d even thought about it; some maternal instinct welling up with the desire to protect the young and the helpless. Never mind that she was hunter herself and took advantage of the young when she could.

For the moment, it didn’t matter. She sprang into action and quickly over took the maned wolf. Just as she drew even, Vaiva spotted the brown and white bird on the ground, flightless and helpless. The cheetah shouldered the wolf aside before it could reach the chick.

Nasrin knew then that her life was over. Her short, and stupid, life flashed before her eyes. Her tiny wings weren’t strong enough to take her up into the trees where she’d be safe. Luckily for her, she’d hopped forward when she tried to fly instead of hopping straight up. It kept her clear of the end of that evil looking mouth for just a moment more.

In that moment though, an even larger creature came onto the scene. Now they were going to fight over her poor little body! Nasrin couldn’t believe when the second creature turned aside the first and placed her body between them. Between them and facing down the other creature.

magnadearel

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:22 pm
She managed to arrive just in time to turn aside the wolf. Vaiva placed herself between the wolf and chick, facing the wolf down for his prize. “Move along!” She growled at him, fluffing out her fur to make herself bigger. After a moment, he grumbled and turned away.

The cheetah turned and looked back at the chick she’d just saved. “Do you know where your home is little one? I can take you there. Or I need a familiar. A bird like you could be very useful to me in hunting. I’ll care and protect you if you’ll join with me.” She watched for a reaction and did her best not to frighten it any further than it had been. It's colors reminded her faintly of her lost mate.

No the larger creature surely wanted Nasrin for itself, and….. She stared up wide-eyed into its eyes as it turned toward her and spoke. Her home? A quick glance around confirmed she had no idea where her nest was from here. Then the other part of what she’d said sunk in; Nasrin decided the voice sounded feminine.

This creature wanted her alright. But it did not want to eat her? It wanted a companion? She admired the bold rainbow markings across her body. Slowly she nodded, “I don’t remember the way home. You saved me, I’d be happy to be your familiar. I'm Nasrin.”

Vaiva smiled as the little chick agreed to be her familiar. "Excellent. Nasrin, I'm Vaiva. Hop on and we'll return to my home." She knelt down and let the little chick climb up onto her shoulder. The unfamiliar weight felt odd at first, but she knew she'd quickly become accustomed to it.  
[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games