DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:37 pm
Shaddaling

Despite being utterly against it when they first joined the Weyr, Jageth had recently taken to searching like a fish to water. Which is to say, he found a way to make it a competition. Since the last time they'd been searching when a clutch was on the sands, one of the candidates he'd found had impressed and someone, as an offhand comment, had complimented him on his choice. For someone as competitive as Jageth, that was all it took. Suddenly, Searching was all he wanted to do. He was going to find the most candidates out of everyone, and all of his candidates were going to impress! Then everyone would see how smart and insightful he was... Never mind that, until there was another clutch on the sands, there was no real demand for it.

It didn't escape D'zek's notice that Jageth was suddenly more enthusiastic about taking on missions outside the Weyr. Or how he was so much more attentive now during sweeps than he used to be. Or that the usually pragmatic and no-nonsense dragon suddenly wanted to take long breaks in places where there were lots of people present...

Jageth noted, as the two were flying back from running sweeps along the coast. D'zek leaned over his dragon's neck, looking down at the coastal scene below them. In fact, the rolling black sands did look like a nice place to rest for a bit. But he couldn't resist the opportunity to needle his dragon a bit.
Huh? Don't you want to get back to the Weyr? We're going to be late if we don't..
Jageth lied, tone swiftly changing to combative and demanding. D'zek just laughed as the dragon started taking the two of them down to land, with or without his consent. Of course, he didn't really mind. He just liked to tease him sometimes.

D'zek hopped off the bronze dragon's back as soon as they had touched down on the shore. They landed in a mostly empty patch of beach, but Jageth almost immediately started sidling towards the crowds, scanning them intently for any potential candidates.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:10 am
It was a pleasant day, though most days were pleasant in Black Sands Hold, Yevalee would admit. They had on a deep blue sarong wrap with the pattern of leaves in cream tucked around their waist and a light gauze like linen wrap of a pale blue shade around their shoulders with tiny embroider flowers in pink and white and pin in place with a mother of pearl shell clasp carved in the shape of a blossom.

Their hair had been secured in a net of sea silk that blazed like gold when the light touch and glinted with tiny chips of obsidian with a pair of smooth olive wood pins keeping it together. A pair of seed pearls, dark and bulbous and flattish were in their lobes. In all they looked quite fine and ready to argue the hell out one of the locals. Tch, try to argue with their sisters about the price of the sponges they pulled out of the depths.

The black sands was warmed under their sandal feet as they walked along the main beach, a basket of sponges resting on their hip and a peeved expression.

DruidTigeress

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:57 am
Shaddaling

D'zek looked around the busy shoreline. It was nice, in fact. If only he could actually stay and enjoy it, but he had a feeling that in a moment, Jageth would either be wrangling him into helping find a candidate, or demanding that they leave after all. Not one to disappoint, Jageth suddenly lifted his head from where he'd been intently searching the crowd for potential candidates. the bronze dragon told him excitedly, no longer bothering to pretend that this wasn't what he was doing. A mind called out to him. A mind full of potential. This one would be a good one, he was sure of it.

Homing in on their location, Jageth narrowed his big faceted eyes. The mental image he gave was distinct. Deep blues clothes, pearl earrings, wooden hairpins. The kind of person that would be easy to pick out of a crowd, at least. That was preferable to when they landed in a crowded Hold and Jageth just flashed him an image of an ordinary looking child and expected him to somehow track down that one from within the hundreds of people that crowded the streets.

D'zek sighed. They really weren't even supposed to be doing this. Sure, anyone could pick up a candidate at any time, if they noticed them, but they weren't supposed to actually go out looking until there was a clutch on the sands. No sense telling the bronze that though, not when he got his mind set on something.
Alright, Jageth. I'm looking. D'zek promised.

It didn't take long for him to find the person Jageth picked out. "Hello there!" D'zek called as he walked over, the massive bronze looming awkwardly behind him.

'Get it'? Jageth, we talked about this. You have to actually ask them first.

Jageth huffed a short breath from his nose angrily. He remembered. He remembered that some of his hard-earned finds refused to come back to the Weyr with them, depriving him of his rightful credit. But he was sure this one wouldn't be such a disappoinmentt.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:40 pm
Well, this man just screamed tourist as pale as fish and toting a dragon behind him onto one of the crowded beaches. Yevalee frowned and rolled their shoulders back into a sigh. Wasn't anything that they cared to bother with. The lord holder or one of his people could handle it.

Yevalee continued on their way and paused, lifting a gracefully groom and arched brow at them. Mmhm? Them? "Are you lost," They asked politely, taking a moment to re-shift the basket of sponges. "I'm heading towards the main district if you are looking for the shops, a place to stay? Food perhaps?" They mused.

DruidTigeress

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:39 am
Shaddaling

D'zek put his hands on his hips, looking over the freckled youth. Easy to pick out of a crowd indeed...

Hurry up and ask them! Jageth urged him.
'Them', huh?
Them. The dragon confirmed.

"Thank you. But we're not lost." D'zek said, getting to the matter at hand. He was even more eager than his dragon to get this done and get back to the Weyr where they still had work to get done. "There's no clutch on the sands currently, but my dragon noticed you as we were flying over. If you want, you're welcome to come back to the Weyr with us. He thinks you could be a Candidate."
I don't think, I know.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:45 am
DruidTigeress

Part of them had a little squeal of omg dragons and hatchings but the most reasonable reminded them that they currently had a basket of sponges to get rid of. "Well, that is all really well and good and I accept your offer but first." Yevalee paused looking over the rider and nodded, thrusting out the basket of sponges at them. "Hold this and follow me."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:18 pm
Shaddaling

Jageth lowered his head to D'zek's level, turning his eyes to look from this child to his rider to the basket of sponges that had been foisted on him. Demanding, isn't it? he commented dryly. He rolled his shoulders out, settling down into the warm dark sands. Well, go on then..

You're not coming? D'zek asked, but the bronze dragon just looked at him blankly. Clearly his work here was done. This beach was quite nice after all. He could enjoy sunning himself here on the sand until his rider returned. What if they have things?
Then they can carry them. If it's too much to carry just to here, then they should either be less scrawny or bring less things.
Fewer.
What?
Nothing.. Never mind. D'zek sighed, shifting the basket to an easier grip. "Alright then, lead the way." he said.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:05 pm
DruidTigeress

"Thank you and this way," Yevalee chirped, cheerfully swirling around and started to the hold proper. "Got to delivery these and yell at one of the resort owners and you are just conveniently large and like seem good at looming and being intimating. I am really not."

A soft sigh at that and a shrug of freckled shoulders. "So, do you have time? You don't have to be anywhere soon do you?"  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:36 pm
Shaddaling

D'zek followed Yevalee back towards the Hold. He'd assumed at first that they were just going to collect their things or inform their relatives about the offer, as most candidates did, but it seemed there was more to it than that. "Ah... Okay." D'zek muttered, not sure if that was a complement or an insult. Wait, why were they yelling at someone now? Not that he minded helping out but.. He had the feeling he was about to be dragged into something here.

What else is new? Jageth couldn't help but chime in from where he was lounging back at the beach.

"No. It's alright. I'm not in too much of a hurry." he said, although he did want to get back to the Weyr soonish. He still had work to do there, after all. But he could still remember being Searched himself, even if it was some time ago now, and didn't want to rush them. Best to have any business finished here before they left. With a candidate's schedule, it might be some time before they were able to come back.

D'zek glanced inside the basket he was holding. "Are you a fishcrafter?" he asked, to make conversation. Their acceptance of his offer had been fairly abrupt. No hemming or hawing, or 'I need to ask my parents first!' He wondered if they had family in the area or not.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:29 pm
DruidTigeress

"That is good, it a bit of a walk back to my home from here," Yevalee admitted and unwavering lead them into the bustling streets. "We live between the piers and the shallows." It was beautiful, a sparkling paradise.

"Mmh, my mother and sisters and I all free dive. My father is more traditional fishercraft. He's on a ship at the moment, won't be back for a few days." They gave slight shrug. It wouldn't be the first time their father been gone during an important discussion.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:02 pm
Shaddaling

"Ah. Alright then." D'zek muttered in agreement. Though he had work to do back home, he wasn't in too much of a rush. If nothing else, Jageth had picked just about the nicest spot he could to suddenly drop them in for a couple of hours. He looked out at the glittering sea as the dark sands crunched beneath his boots. Maybe a little break wasn't so bad after all...

He looked back at the teen and smiled. "You answered awfully quickly, you know. It's beautiful place you have here, are you sure you want to leave it?" Especially in the wake of thread, life at the Weyr was hardly idyllic. Of course, he wouldn't give it up for the world. But it was the kind of thing he wouldn't necessarily wish on someone else.

"You know you'll have to stay at the Weyr after you impress." Gone were the days when riders could pursue their own paths. It was 'all hands on deck' now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:26 pm
DruidTigeress

"It is beautiful, but it is also not as idyllic as it looks." Yevalee gave a small shrug as they headed deeper into the hold. "This is the main island, and it needs to look good. We are a resort more then a hold and I don't know where we would be without the tourism and retires."

They glanced around. "We are also out in the middle of an ocean, thread is more dangerous out here because there is no place to hide. Everything would be eaten up and just leave our iconic black sand to be beaten by waves."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:13 pm
Shaddaling

D'zek nodded mutely, following them further into the Hold. He really shouldn't be surprised to hear the Hold was not all that it seemed. Of course, no place on Pern was truly paradise. Especially not now. They were right about that. The sea was always bluer on the other shore, he guessed. As a tourist town, thread probably hadn't been helping their business.

"Well, that's very noble of you." he said with a smile, as Jageth rumbled smugly in his head.
I knew this would be a good one. he said. They're a warrior. Like me. Looking at the bright fabric of their clothes and flashy adornments, it wasn't the first word that sprang to mind. But appearances were deceptive, and dragons always knew best.. And don't you forget it. Jageth interjected with a laugh.

"So who is this we're going to yell at again?" he asked. Obviously, he didn't mind helping the potential candidate out if they were in a bind. But he probably shouldn't just go on blind faith either.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:19 pm
DruidTigeress

"Well....not really yell at. "Yevalee huffed. "Old man Tomane has a habit not paying us what was agreed on, so you have to check the payment and usually it is short and he's all ooh, my old eyes, how did I forget."

"My sister Rylee broke up with her boyfriend earlier and was a mess and we tried to tell her let one of us do it but she insisted and he said some things and she got upset and left without checking. So now I'm going to argue with him to get our agreed on sum for those sponges," they pointed to the basket they had D'zek moving. "And what he shorted us."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:48 pm
Shaddaling

Is this really something a rider should be getting involved in? D'zek wondered privately to his dragon. Unfortunately, Jageth was less than helpful.
Who cares? As long as it gets them to come to the Weyr with us. he said. And truly, that was all Jageth cared about. He had a surprisingly large amount of pride in the candidates he selected when they impressed. D'zek sometimes wondered if it was some kind of paternal instinct, given that he'd never fathered a clutch there..

Well... Whatever. Jageth was probably right. It couldn't hurt to help. "Sure. Alright then. I'll do what I can." he said, which seemed to mostly comprise of standing around and looking intimidating, which shouldn't be a problem for him. Though he didn't know why (he wasn't an inherently violent or angry person) people still often told him he had a dark and scowling appearance. He rememberd his baby niece used to cry every time she saw him until she was two turns old..

[IC RP] Holds & Halls

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff