[PRP] Expectations (V'lik and D'zek)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:33 pm
Steady footsteps echoed down the pathways of a Weyr just starting the routines of the morning. Gruff glances were shot at anyone that happened to be stumbling in the way of one very determined man. Newly appointed to the position of Wingleader, V’lik was quite certain that he was already far behind on his duties. There were the members of his wing he still needed to observe in order to record their strengths and weaknesses. Once this was accomplished, then he’d know were each member needed to improve. And where the wing as a whole would currently stand. From there, the real hard work would begin. However, there was still one thing even more important he felt needed to be taken care of.

It was shaffing time he actually got to know the man he’d been graced with having as his Wingsecond.

Falling behind already, V’likmine? Raith’s chuckle was almost condescending. I’m sure the other Wingleader’s have gotten to know not only their Seconds, but their wingmates as well. The blue dragon himself prowled about the grounds, watching everything with a keen eye.

Jageth, Mine comes to speak with Yours. Short and simple. No need to go into detailed explanation for such a simple thing. Like what the nature of the visit might be or if Jageth’s was available.

V’lik refrained from grounding his teeth together. Stupid sharding dragon. I’m well aware of this. Perhaps you could be useful and inform Jageth I come. He hoped that the bronzerider was prepared to be an early riser. There was too much time being wasted already. Drills needed to be scheduled. Training was in order. Meetings to attend. Faranth help him, his head was already starting to hurt.

“By the egg, there is not enough time in the day for everything we need to get done.” The burly man grumbled, approaching the weyr he was seeking. He sincerely hoped that his new Wingsecond would live up to his expectations. Or, at the very least, be the extra set of hands and will power he and Raith would need to run a proper Wing.

DruidTigeress
I hope this works okay for you ;u;

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:15 pm
Kyrieko
Works great! I figured maybe him being away was a good reason for them not to have met yet?

D'zek was still asleep when Jageth nudged him roughly with his nose. They'd been on information gathering missions for the past few months, visiting mining holds across Western to help organize the search for an independent firestone vein. Away for some time, they'd returned to quite the shake up of the wings, as well one rather surprising piece of news. Despite being grateful, he couldn't say he really knew his new wingleader all that well, or why exactly he was chosen. But he was sure all would be answered in time.

Mine. Get up now.
"Hmm.. What time is it?" he muttered.
No idea. The sun is up though.
D'zek sighed. "Remember when we talked about time zones?" he asked the bronze dragon, already guessing the answer.
No. That was boring so I stopped listening.
"Jageth, I'm tired. We've been flying up and down the continent for weeks. And this is the first day off we've had in months. I'm going to sleep in." he said, rolling over.

Hmm. Jageth rumbled thoughtfully in reply. Shall I tell our wingleader to go away then?
"What?"
Raith's is coming here.
"Ah, shells, Jageth. Why didn't you lead with that?" he said, scrambling out of bed to get dressed.

Jageth just huffed a short laugh, and replied to the blue. Good. We are up. Mine will meet him.
D'zek came up beside him, finishing buttoning his shirt. He ran a hand through his hair, which fortunately never got too messy. "Did he say if they were coming by the ledge or through the Lower Caverns?" he asked.
No idea.

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:55 pm
A rumbling draconic laugh would be the only warning that wingleader and dragon were there. Raith took wing and, rather gracefully, landed at the at the end of the ledge entrance. The blue dragon took quick survey of the bronze that called this weyr his own, dipping his head in greeting.

Greetings, Jageth. He was fairly neutral in his greeting, taking the time to survey the other dragon that would be working closely with him.

From the Lower Caverns, V'lik had just enough courtesy to slow his quick pace and clear his throat before entering. He was not really sure what to expect of the man that had been assigned to him. But from what he had heard, he had high hopes for D'zek. Of course, seeing the bronzerider in a clear state of just having awaken, V'lik felt a small bit of doubt. Was the man prepared to get the most out of his days, rising with the sun?

You do realize there is only one of you, correct?

Oh hush! To D'zek, he crossed his arms and gave the bronzerider an appraising look similar to his dragon. Then he held out a hand. "I'm V'lik. Your new wingleader, apparently." There was the smallest twist to his lips that may have been a smile. "Tis my understandin' that you've been absent. And we've not had a proper chance t'meet." He'd probably not admit he hadn't really met those of his wing just yet. Unless you counted informing them he was their wingleader?

Shaffit he needed to get those drills up and running asap! And to do that, he was going to need this man.

That means you have to be nice. Raith mused before letting his attention fall on Jageth. We've heard you and Yours have been away. We welcome you back. And hope you are ready to work with us.

DruidTigeress
So sorry for the long wait and lack of internet ;n; <3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:14 pm
Kyrieko

"So I've heard," D'zek said, taking the man's hand, with a slight touch of a amusement. If the assignment shake up had been a surprise to V'lik, it had certainly been a surprise to him. And what a piece of news to come back to. He'd had to deal with Jageth's excitement all night, combined with the time difference, it made sleep fairly elusive. He could appreciate why the man was here though. They hadn't worked closely together before, and he must be as eager as D'zek to ensure the transition was a smooth one. Striaght to business, he thought with an amused glance towards his dragon. So much for a rest day. Jageth would be pleased.

He nodded as V'lik went on. "That's right. We were out collecting reports from the Mining Holds in the area on their progress towards finding a firestone supply." He moved back further into his weyr as he spoke, gesturing to invite V'lik in as well. Going to his desk, he pulled a small sheaf of papers from a drawer, pleased now that he'd stayed up to finish it instead of waiting till the morning. "It's bad news, I'm afraid. They'll keep looking, of course, but there's nothing new." he said, handing the report to his new wingleader. He lifted his shoulders. "Wish I had better news for you."

"A couple of the Holders asked for a few riders to help with surveying the new areas. I told them we would do what we could, but it's up to you if we can spare the riders."

Thank you. It is good to be back. Jageth said to Raith. I'm sure you will find we are most exceptionally ready! he said, unable to resist throwing in the superlative like it somehow proved his point.

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items