Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Rain-soaked Rendezvous (K'tos & Salva)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:02 pm
Masterharper

Sunny and Altoth returned to the Weyr just as the flight (and the storm!) were getting under way. They'd been doing some night flying. Or, more precisely, they'd been doing some day flying that turned into night flying after they'd decided to stay out and watch the stars instead of returning to the Weyr right away. When the rain came, Sunny just laughed as Altoth hurried to make a canopy with his wing to shield her, and they both got soaked anyway kicking up puddles as they ran back through the woods.

But even though she loved the feel of the rain on her hair and Altoth's wings slicing through the droplets in the air, once the lightnight started, her inner G'ar insisted that they return to the Weyr. With the hopes of getting some klah to warm her up, Sunny had Altoth drop her off at the Lower Caverns. He set down in the bowl, lifting his wing so his rider could slide down his shoulder and dash into the tunnel entirely under cover, though it hardly mattered now..

Salva twisted her shirt in the mouth of the tunnel, wringing out what she could now, so she didn't drip all over the Weyr. "You going to chase her?" Sunny asked, looking up at the melting golden form taking off through the rain. The big blue did often chase golds, having more love than sense (which was the correct distribution, as far as she was concerned!), but recently his mind was more than occupied with a certain other blue. Sunny leaned forward and pressed a kiss onto her blue's nose. "If you go now, we're both going to get a lecture." she said.

I know. I think I'll watch the flight from my ledge. he replied cheerfully, leaving Sunny to retreat inside alone. She made for the lower caverns and grabbed herself a warm cup of klah and an empty table. As far as she knew, dragons didn't get flightlust the way humans did, at least not beyond the initial urge to join. They on the other hand.. Well, it was safe to say she wouldn't be the only one looking for a way to warm up on a cold night down here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:58 pm
DruidTigeress

K'tos had not been asleep, despite the late hour. Between the humidity and heat, the brown rider had been restless. On top of work worries and woes, the brown rider had also found himself thinking about Sunny and G'ar. He still wasn't entirely sure what they were -- and the less he tried to think about it, the more he found himself wondering. Faranth knew he found them both attractive. If he was honest with himself, he did enjoy their company, and not just when they were falling to bed together.

But... He also didn't know how either of them felt. He didn't wan to upset anything by speaking of his interest, and at this point, figured not defining whatever they were, whenever the three of them got together, was probably best. They were all busy, and finding time to spare was difficult enough. No, K'tos was happy enough just letting things happen. If things never happened again, well.... So be it.

He'd been working at his desk in his weyr when the lust hit him. Vimiath rises. Minoth confirmed, and he could feel the brown's instinct and desire kick in.

Will you chase?

The brown considered the question, and he could tell that one small part of him wished to do so. But, the large dragon decided to refrain this night, much to K'tos' surprise. I shall watch, instead. Perhaps Altoth or Marasemath would like company. A storm is on the way, and my wings might keep them dry. If neither blue wished his company, the brown would have no trouble settling himself upon his own ledge, and enjoy the spectacle.

If K'tos had thought he might not suffer dragonlust just because his brown did not rise... well, he was sadly mistaken. Vimiath's anger and passion continued to affect him, and he dropped his quill, and decided he needed a drink. Something strong, something hard, something to... Keep him from doing something foolish and stupid, like seeing if Sunny or G'ar were up for a little company.

Nope.

He had no trouble sleeping alone, and no trouble sleeping without any of that. A drink would get him to relax, and maybe he'd be able to better focus on his work.

Slipping into a loose tunic, the brown rider tried to ignore the mix of Vimiath's lust, and Minoth's own repressed desire. The brown wanted to father another clutch, but was refraining from entering. K'tos had never been great at handling dragonflights. He wasn't sure if he was just extra sensitive or... extra repressed. Either way, it didn't take him long to make his way down to the Dining Hall. It was pouring rain outside. Thankfully, he was able to take the back corridors to get to the Lower Caverns and avoid the wet all together.

Many riders were stirring and heading right to the dining hall, in hope of company, food, or drink. He was just here for wine....

Until he saw her.

Of course Sunny would be here, and she looked like she'd come right in from a swim. K'tos wondered if he should approach, or if he should just find a bottle of wine and head back to his room. Don't be rude, Mine. Say hello to Altoth's. You must woo her, as you must woo Mara's. The Weyrsecond almost tripped at the words. He wasn't supposed to be wooing anybody!

"Sunny," he finally spoke as he approached. Now what was he supposed to say. She was soaked. "I see you got caught out in that storm. Do you need any help warming up?" Wait, that didn't sound right. "I mean, do you need anything? A towel, maybe?" Not that he had one on hand. Oi. He wasn't very good at this, was he?

You could always give the lady your shirt. Minoth suggested only too helpfully.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:09 pm
Masterharper

As she sipped the hot beverage, Salva began to scan the faces of the many tables in the Lower Caverns for potential targets victims opportunities. Though she frequently fell hard into romance, while she wasn't tied down, she liked to enjoy herself as much as possible, and had no problem dallying with a number of different lovers over the course of several sevendays. So far she hadn't spotted anyone she particularly fancied, but the opportunities were endless, and she was always up to make a new friend, hopefully with benefits, though she'd be content with just a drinking partner or a cuddle buddy for the night, if that's all it lead to. There were so many wonderful people in the world. It seemed a shame not to give them all a shot.

Minoth's comes. Alloth's gentle voice chimed in helpfully. Hmm? Sunny turned around, catching sight of the brown rider as he approached her table. Now speaking of fancying... Her shy bunny. She still remembered the last time they got caught up in the after affects of a flight together. He was so sweet, and so handsome, and.. how much of this was Vimiath's doing right now?

Either way, she beamed, waving gleefully at him. "K'tos! You hot hunk of not-technically-my-flight-leader-anymore." So it wasn't technically so inappropriate for her to keep calling him hot all the time. She spun around on her bench, facing him. She probably would have jumped on him to hug him by now if she wasn't drenched and at least courteous enough not to get him wet as well. His offer was miiighty tempting though.

Resisting the urge to tease him about, she just lifted her shoulders with an easy smile, flicking a sopping strand of wet blonde hair over her shoulder. "Me an Alloth both." She laughed. "It was fun though, I love flying in the rain!" She patted the seat next to her, hoping the brownrier would join her. "But what are you up to so late at night?" she asked. Probably working himself to death, she thought. Poor darling.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:11 pm
DruidTigeress

K'tos struggled to find the words to respond. Lately, his usual relaxed manner failed anytime Salva or G'ar showed up; while he tried to keep his cool, there was just something bout the pair of them that made him feel like an idiot weyrbrat again. What was he, a foolish teenager? No, he was well into his 40s so he didn't understand why his stomach lurched every time they approached.

Yes, he found them both terribly attractive, both singularly and together; yes, he had enjoyed the shenanigans they'd found themselves in earlier; yes, he . . . he did rather fancy them both, but. But that still didn't excuse the way he felt so dumbstruck. There wasn't really anything going on between the three of them, was there? Honestly, he just didn't know.

Whatever they had, whatever they were, it was still a be nebulous and without definition. He wasn't going to ask, and he wasn't going to bring it up; not yet, at any rate. And tonight, of all nights, was not a good night for conversation.

Vimiath's flight was making his blood boil, and seeing Sunny smiling at him, and drenched to the bone, was . . . making him think some thoughts that were well inappropriate. "Uh...er..." He began, ever so smoothly. Hot hunk, huh? He colored a bit, cleared his throat, as if that would buy him much time, and instead took the proffered seat. "Sunny." He greeted again, only to remember he'd already said as much. Damnit all. "Sounds like the two of you had a good time, at least." And such wet fun. It was hard not to notice how her wet clothes clung to her form, and harder still not to think about it.

"As for me, I just came for a drink. I was working late when Vimiath went up, and while Minoth isn't chasing, he's . . . well I'm. . . I mean. We're just looking for a distraction, really. A drinking extraction," he hastily added, as if he had to explain that that hadn't been some failed pickup line. Except... it was Sunny. And he remembered well how fun she could be.

. . and G'ar.

. . . but Sunny was here. And Vimiath was in the air. And Minoth was being a bit too encouraging. K'tos really was trying to be polite... but he was warring with some very strong desires. "Are you sure I can't at least get you a towel, or a blanket? You're bound to catch cold if you stay in those wet clothes." His concern truly was genuine, despite the desires of the flight affecting him.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:44 pm
Masterharper

"You work too hard, K'tos." she sighed. "Am I going to have to kidnap you to the beach again? It might be getting a little late in the season for that." Sure, they could always jump down to the Southern tip of the continent, but it seemed a little sad to ignore the seasons, somehow. "Maybe ice-skating then?"

She looked down at her rain-soaked clothes again when K'tos repeated his offer. She sniffed, wiping her damp cheek with the back of her (also damp) hand. It was a little chilly in here. "Hmmm.. Might be a thought." Sunny finally conceded. She lifted her shoulders with a smile. "I don't really mind getting sick. But I wouldn't want to leave my wing in a lurch." Getting sick could be fun itself. Having an excuse to bundle up in your weyr, have people come dote on you, and get away from things for a little while. But those were thoughts for Passes, when thread wasn't falling and the only thing you might miss while grounded were drills. Now that every dragon mattered, her staying in meant someone else would be out there fighting in her place.

"I should probably get out of these wet clothes as well." She sighed. "But.. I was hoping I'd be able to find someone to help me with that." she said with a grin, not at all shy about what she had come down here for. She'd lived in the Weyr all her life, and found little reason to be coy about it. Everyone knew what happened during flights. Glancing over at K'tos, her smile curled. She leaned forward on her hands, moving her face closer to his. "Any volunteers?" she purred. Though mostly just to tease him. Not that she'd turn him down. In fact, she was rather hoping the brownrider might take her up on it.

From this close, she could see his face clearly. His eyes were unclouded, pupils regular size. He was a lot more coherent than last time too, if she recalled. "So Minoth's really not chasing, huh?" she asked, even though he already said he wasn't. She leaned back, lifting her arms in a shrug. "Altoth too. Though Faranth knows why he tries in the first place." It's not like he, or any blue for that matter, had ever caught a gold before. Not that she could fault him for it either. Dream big, buddy, she thought to herself (and to him), smiling. "He says it'd be rude not to." she added with a laugh.

"Well, Minnie's welcome to keep him company if he likes." she chuckled, knowing she could speak with full authority for her blue on that point. "I'm sure he'd be happy to see him."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:30 am
Masterharper

The brownrider wasn't sure he worked any harder than necessary, especially given where his thoughts were right now. Sure, he felt a drink might take the edge off the feelings that were radiating from Vimiath, but now that he was down here, away from the piles hidework, complaints, concerns, transport requests, and demands that came his way... he wasn't so sure he could get back to work, even if he tried. "Long hours come with the title," he mused. "Someone's gotta do it, though I think you worry too much about your old Flight Leader."

The Wings had been reshuffled, which meant K'tos no longer oversaw Sunny in such a capacity. That was probably a good thing, honestly... Lately, he'd been thinking a little too much about two riders. Maybe he was foolish, maybe he didn't cross either of their minds, but it couldn't be helped. More and more, the poor man wondered if he wasn't a little smitten with two blueriders. Two! Granted, he had little expectation of such intrigue panning out, so he kept it to himself, and simply let whatever happen, happen. He'd enjoyed spending time with both of them, but hadn't dared to follow up, or pursue. Sunny was well known to be a lover, and G'ar was about as married to his work as K'tos, if not perhaps a bit shyer. The three of them made a peculiar triad, but they always seemed to have a good time of it when together...

Didn't they?

. . . but why was he thinking about that when he had Sunny right here.

Especially when Sunny was talking about getting out of said clothes. Any thoughts or wonders about the three of them quickly disappeared when the blue rider confessed her interest, and leaned close. K'tos didn't pull back. Vimiath was still high in the sky, and everything about this scenario just seemed more and more inviting. "I'm sure half this room would volunteer if they knew," he confessed, slowly reaching a hand up to tuck some of the woman's wet hair back from her face. "But I'm here, and . . uh . . .certainly wouldn't mind that." Nope, no he wouldn't, not at all. In fact, he honestly had to resist the urge of pulling Sunny closer, of capturing her up in a kiss, and taking her away from the public's eye. His weyr wasn't far, and practically at a ground level...

But then she pulled back, which helped him regain some of his senses. "If Minoth was chasing, I'd probably be lost in the halls again," he grinned. Or worse. "S'probably a good thing, really. I get a bit...well." Sunny knew how he got when Minoth decided to chase someone, and it didn't matter if it was a green, or a gold. "No sense in letting the bronzes and browns have all the fun. A beautiful lady is always worth wooing, after all, even if a man's got no shot." And that was the truth.

At the offer to keep Altoth company, he felt the brown dragon's pleasure spike. "I think he'd like that very much, really." Already he could he feel Minoth start to preen himself, to stretch himself out from where he'd been curled up on his ledge, to make sure he'd be less of a creaky old brown, and much more flexible instead.

Is such an invitation true, handsome? Love is in the air...or at least a queen's lust. It would be nice to share a ledge while we see who wins the queen's heart. It would be rude to impose on Altoth, especially if the blue was pining for another. Minoth did not wish to get in the way in case the other might prefer G'ar's to join him, instead. The brown might be the sort who enjoyed romancing, but he would never wish to overstep his bounds.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces