[PRP] Dragons, Right? (Alya/Oerlen)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:15 pm
After a number of hours spent searching for and replacing dead glows, Oerlen was looking forward to taking a proper break. The only problem was, he currently had no idea where he was. It had been easy enough to find the dining hall for other reasons, but now that he just wanted a place to prop his feet for a bit, it eluded him like a flit with a stolen shiny.

"Come on," he muttered to the wall. "I have lessons in forty minutes."

Oer wandered for another ten before he relented, dropping to a seat on the stone floor. He'd just rest here for a moment, then get back to trying to find his way out of this damned maze.

Tsunake
i did a thing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:28 pm
Alya knew exactly where she was by now. The problem was, lessons could be so boring. Yes, yes, she knew how important they were, especially if she hoped to Impress a dragon one day... but the Weyr was just so interesting! There were so many new people, and Queen had just flown, and everybody was sleeping with everybody else! Her parents would have been horrified! Alya couldn't have been more delighted.

Traipsing through the place eventually rewarded her with an odd sight--a young man sitting! She didn't hesitate, gliding over before she plopped herself next to him, her head tilted so she could better look him over. Strong, muscular, handsome. A good person to know! And, unless she was missing her mark completely.... he was a Candidate too! She'd seen him before, she wagered.

Alya did what Alya did best, batting her eyes and smiling brightly in a foppish sort of way. "Hello! Did you hear that the Queen was flown? That means eggs soon, doesn't it?"

Smerdle
bless u

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:37 pm
One minute he was alone and the next there was a girl sharing the ground, blinking up at him with a friendly expression. He had seen her before, but from up close he couldn't quite decide if she was attractive now or if she would be attractive in a year or two. In the end it hardly mattered. He'd participated in enough scandalous flirtation in the brief time he'd been here to last until he turned eighty. Which led him to the first of her questions.

Had he heard about the Queen? Why, yes. The night she had risen had been the most embarrassing one of his life, thank you.

He managed to quickly replace his brief, minor scowl with a welcoming smile. "Yes, I did! And that does mean eggs soon." At least as far as he knew. "I couldn't say how soon, though. I'm new." He held out a hand. "Oerlen. Oer to my friends." A group she was now a part of, if only because he hadn't had time to make any yet.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:54 am
"Oer!" She said with delight, because clearly they were friends now. She grasped his hand firmly, beaming all the while. "Ohh, I just know you'll Impress a big handsome bronze! How lucky! Remember me when you're a dragonrider, okay?" Alya laughed, because really, wasn't that what most boys dreamed about? "I'm Alya. I'm sort of new too. Are you lost? Is that why you're just sitting here?"

That scowl--had he gotten up to something during the Flight? Alya just barely kept herself from giggling. She had dunked her head in a bucket of cold water, and that had cleared her mind, for the most part. Flirting was all well and good, but the thought of much more than that could even make her blush.

"So? Where are you from? Did you get to ride a dragon to get here?" Of course he probably did. That wasn't the point.

Smerdle

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:50 pm
His grin widened at her words, and Oerlen let out an airy chuckle as he reclaimed his hand.

"I am a little. I had planned on relaxing in the dining hall for a while, but I got turned around. This is almost as comfortable, I'm sure." He straightened his spine, stretching out his legs in front of him. "And as far as remembering you, I'm sure I won't have to work very hard at it since you'll have a dragon of your own." Truth be told, he hadn't dreamed of anything more than what he'd had until his parents had started to prod. Now that she'd mentioned it though, a picture of himself atop a shimmering, powerful metallic flashed through his head for a second. It was rather enticing.

"I rode in on a blue. I could see how it would be exhilarating with time, but I was mostly trying to keep from falling off. Very windy. I came from Black Sand Hold. Are you from here, then?"

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:03 am
"Oooh, do you think so?" Alya sighed, propping her chin in her hands. "That'd be marvelous. "Flying wherever you want, whenever you want... Oh, but threadfall makes that less fun, I suppose!" She perked up when he mentioned flying, laughing at the thought of him clutching to some poor blue. "Oh, it was grand, wasn't it? I had the most beautiful little green take me! Well. I suppose she wasn't that little."

She waved a dismissive hand at his question. "Oh, no! I come from a minor Hold on the Western Continent. Oh. Unless you meant am I from Western. Then, yes! But Black Sand Hold? Is there really black sand there?" She'd never heard of such a thing! Maybe it had to do with the area?

She could have asked him a million questions, but she thankfully refrained.

Smerdle

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:15 pm
"Thread... yes. Beyond that, it does sound like an adventure." It was one thing to get excited over the prospect of being a dragonrider on an ideal day, but he really wasn't too keen on dying young. Oer had spent plenty of time trying not to think about his own horrible, disfiguring, potential demise since he'd arrived here.

"There's a bit of black sand left in a few spots the vacationers don't go, and more washes in sometimes when there's a storm. I guess there used to be a lot more, but it's mostly been the same tannish stuff for as long as I can remember." He loved his home and thought it was full of interesting things to do and see, but he was starting to find that it came across as terribly boring when he tried to describe it to anyone else. Sand. Fascinating.

"I think I heard there were gems in it a long time ago. Either that or obsidian. That's probably why there's so little of it around anymore."

There. Maybe that would liven her image of the place up a bit.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:03 am
There was plenty of time to worry about thread after they Impressed! Otherwise, there wasn't much they could do, now was there? Besides not die! Ooh, despite her glib attitude, she couldn't suppress a shudder at the thought of Thread burrowing into her, eating her alive.... Her breath hitched for a moment before she shoved the thought away, forcing her smile come to come back even wider.

She tilted her head as he explained about the sand, trying to imagine walking on a dark beach. What made it black, she wondered? Was it just like normal sand? Was it more scratchy? Questions, questions, questions! Then he talked about gems, and her eyes lit up.

"Oh! Yes, I suppose people would have torn it apart trying to see what they could find!" She'd have been tempted, too, but digging in the sand would get awfully boring after a short amount of time... "Still. Who needs gems when you're going to have a dragon?"

Smerdle

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out