Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:43 pm
______________Purpose ||
____Greetings, friends! This is the thread we will be using for those who wish to apply for Moderator positions! Anyone who meets the qualifications may apply, and even those who don't, because we can't stop you! However, it is important to know there that our Moderator Teams work differently than others may have in other guilds, and, for the moment, aren't completed yet. But we welcome all to apply, and while you may not be chosen right away, you will always be considered!

______________What You Should Know ||
____• Moderators are granted no true special privileges. In fact, being a member of the Crew means a large increase to how much work you'll be doing!
____• The Moderation Teams are divided between four Vice Captains and the Crew they select to help them in their jobs. We have the Event Coordination Team, the Approval Team, the Forum Upkeep Team, and the NPC // Battle Moderation Team.
__________→ Each Vice Captain reports to the Captain and handles, exclusively, their particular job. Crew that are picked by them can only perform duties as assigned by their Vice Captain and, as such, are not allowed to perform other duties.
____• If a Moderator fails to report in, maintain activity, or abuses the privileges their rank inherently supplies thanks to the Gaia Online system, they may well find themselves replaced! We offer a two [2] strike system in which you are given warnings. After those strikes are up, you will be removed from Moderatorship, and depending on the nature of the violation, this could mean permanent removal from the guild.

______________What Are the Qualifications ||
____• Teamwork
__________→ Shouldn't need to be said, but we work together, as a team, to bring the guild to ever greater heights. Any rudeness, backstabbing, or trash talking is not allowed, nor is airing the dirty laundry to the members. At the door, all personal vendettas must be put aside for the betterment of the guild.
____• Decent Work Ethic
__________→ You should have no recent punishments for God Moding, Meta Playing, or abuse of authority within the last six months [6] at least. Circumstances can vary, and thus should be spoken about in private.
____• Time Sensetive
__________→ Constant activity is required for the guild, as a concept, to work. Without it the guild becomes boring, posting stops, and the guild dies. Keep up with your Team to establish if time away must occur, and make sure that all time-sensitive materials you have been working on are either taken over or at the very least given to Vice Captain of the team to ensure it gets done!
____• Constant Communication
__________→ Communication is key to the Moderator position. We must work together, true, but communication between Teams is also a must for that team to work successfully. Be honest, but don't be an a**. Be humble, but don't be silent. Work together as a Team, and communicate as one, for the betterment of the guild and its members.
____• Respect
__________→ What does it mean to me? Simply put, don't be an a**. At the end of the day everyone, from Captain to Member, are members of the guild and worthy of respect. Disrespect isn't tolerated, and we respect everyone unless the enmity is earned, in which case we "kill them with kindness". Do unto others as you'd have done unto yourself!
____• Meetings
__________→ Unlike "meatings" which I hear are a real pain in the butt, Meetings occur rather frequently between the Moderation Teams. Make sure to be flexible, as we'll work with you to meet your time requirements you'll need to be considerate of ours. We primarily communicate through Discord and suggest downloading it!

______________How to Apply ||
____• Fill out the document below, and post it in this thread!

[size=10]
[b]Desired Position:[/b] [One Vice Captain position is open. Others are crew. Name the position, and which Team you'd like.]
[b]Length of Time:[/b] [How long have you been roleplaying?]
[b]Previous Moderator:[/b] [Have you been a moderator before? Where? How long?]
[b]Strengths:[/b] [What are your strengths as a person? What are you good at?]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b] [What are your weakest fields? What do you find difficult to handle?]
[b]Previous Decisions:[/b] [What are examples of decisions you've been a part of before? What sort of modwork did you do?]
[/size]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:18 am

Former Member of Shinobi Nations: Yes
Desired Position: Vice Captain of Forum Upkeep or Crew for HR/PR
Length of Time: Since Gaia was GoGaia
Previous Moderator: Yes. Many times. I am currently Vice Captain of Royals, but I have had my own guild, as well as been Vice Captain for other guilds.
Strengths: I am level-headed and can provide insight with relations within guilds and among people. I am on everyday and have the capacity to post everyday. I have alot of experience with role play as well. I can be a fairly quick learner, given the explanation is clear. I am not afraid to put my foot down if something should occur. I don't tolerate shenanigans that could damage the guild.
Weaknesses: I am still fairly new to battle system aspects of Roleplay, since I usually roleplay for story not battle.
Previous Decisions: I help with the Royal Family guild on many levels and as the VC, I head up a few projects and handle pr/hr along with NPCs if necessary. I'm pretty much a jack of all trades when it comes to modding since I have been doing it for so long.

Kirenai Yuki

OG Gaian

13,650 Points
  • Married 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Lewd Samaritan

Timid Sleuth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:55 am

Former Member of Shinobi Nations: Y -- Still Current
Desired Position: Crew -> Event Coordination | or | NPC/Battle Moderation
Length of Time: Difficult to accurately put down. Since '09 on Gaia, DnD 1st Edition, and many other occurrences.
Previous Moderator: Off-Site moderation to minor RP sites, but nothing on Gaia itself.
Strengths: I'm straight forward, blunt and don't really have much of a care of how people think of me when I am doing work. I tend to look at systems and ideas from a very mechanical perspective stemmed from a few years of DnD. I love to manipulate story as well from my expierence as a DM, from coordinating encounters and NPCs to the intricacies of what's supposed to be a "hard" encounter and what's an "easy" one.
Weaknesses: Biggest weakness? My understanding of English is sometimes my downfall when it comes down to it. My straight forwardness and my mechanical view also is a bit of a downside at times, subtlety is not my strong suit as can be not seeing some things from a flavor stand point. There are certain subjects that can also blind my judgement as well.
Previous Decisions: Nothing in recent future I can pick out other than Public Relations moderation and if this counts, DMing in DnD.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:37 pm

Desired Position: I'd like at least crew, but if I fit in for a VC position, I'd be more than happy to fill the spot.
Length of Time: Since 2009
Previous Moderator: Crew Member of Hidden Villages: A Naruto RP for several years as well as Vice Captain for a year in the same guild. SG, a bleach guild as squad 7's captain and crew.
Strengths: Focused, Driven, Ambitious.
Weaknesses: Pleasing everyone. I tend to work myself to death. xD
Previous Decisions: My focus in previous guilds were techniques and bloodline moderation. I reworked the entire HV jutsu list to a standard ranked system, created Taijutsu and Bukijutsu styles, Bloodlines, ect. Also was a custome jutsu moderator which was my first position with the HV. Most of my decisions in role were administrative, choosing which systems to modify and update based on the guild activity and members.

Kondo Kaicho

Patriotic Capitalist

5,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

___youwillknownihilism

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:02 pm

Former Member of Shinobi Nations: I was there to open that place lmao.
Desired Position: vice of battle moderation. Maybe also do work with balancing.
Length of Time: Decade and change.
Previous Moderator: So many places: Captained Bbr, Viced a slew of Naruto guilds and was crew with LAN in Gotei has Fallen, Viced Axiom to the point I essentially ran it, Worked with numerous smaller guilds. Lots of non Gaia rps.
Strengths: Dedicated and relentless, fast and effective, experienced, wiser than I know what to do with.
Weaknesses: Stubborn to a fault, have a bit of a temper 😅 And I have a habit of ignoring pathos entirely when I argue.
Previous Decisions: Pretty much everything that happened in the last three years or so of Nur had my hands all over it, same with Axiom. I maintained custom threads while running npcs and my own stories. I made an entire system for people to work outside of needing rpc interaction if they didn't want it. In recent time I've reworked a slew of tai styles in Nations and a whole bloodline that sees no use because it's too weak. Fully revamped JAJF there but a lot of my work was kept secret until I was tired of not being credited for it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:49 pm

Desired Position: Approval Mod
Length of Time: Since around 2010
Previous Moderator: In total on Gaia I've had over 5 years of Crew, Vice Captain, and Captain experience
Strengths: I'm really blunt but I'm normally very level headed and easy going. As far as crew wise go, I'm great at judging customs, I specialize in weapons but I'm good at judging all areas.
Weaknesses: I'm terrible at making things from scratch. Overly blunt.
Previous Decisions: I've helped build over 5 different Naruto guilds, normally always being apart of the approval areas either as the head or one of the main approval mods. I've built up systems in Non-Gaia roleplays and have DMed 1 campaign in D&D!

Nero Ashraven

Barry_VII

Bashful Bachelor

12,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:29 pm

Former Member of Shinobi Nations: Y
Desired Position: Crew, Balancing
Length of Time: 6-7 Years
Previous Moderator: Gotei Elite, 4-5 Years
Strengths: Extremely Flexible and Quick Thinking
Weaknesses: Got a bit of a temper that I try to keep controlled
Previous Decisions: Helped manage Gotei Elite, was a vice captain there and eventual captain that had to deal with complete guild management. Reworked and rewrote multiple systems there, I have also done coding on multiple occasions beyond just being a power judge. List goes on and on, feel free to interview me if you have more questions.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:36 pm

Former Member of Shinobi Nations: Yes and HV, there was actually a guild that HV branched off from and I was part of that one too lol.
Desired Position: VC in charge of Kage Activity, Summons and Member Activity. I would also like to apply for the position of a Kage
Length of Time: On and Off for 5 years, I took a long hiatus (I was a nurse in RL)
Previous Moderator: I have been a Crew member (in charge of Battle and Bloodlines) and a VC.
Strengths: I’m really good at seeing both sides of the story and giving an unbiased opinion. People generally like me... does that count? Lol
Weaknesses: People that are unwilling to see both sides and put up a very very unnecessary fight.
Previous Decisions: Bloodline Approval, Profile Approval, Battle Judgement, Bloodline Creation, Custom Guild Arcs and Demon Specs.

JovianGrey11

Somnus Aeternam

Adorable Trendsetter

11,875 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:49 pm

Former Member of Shinobi Nations: For a brief fleeting moment
Desired Position: Crew - NPC Control // DM
Length of Time: 12+ years
Previous Moderator: Yes, NUR - Crew and VC 3+ Years. Various smaller guilds.
Strengths: Analytical Thinking (Its my job in real life)
Weaknesses: Tendency to jump to conclusions.
Previous Decisions: As a VC in NUR I pretty much did everything. Arcs, approvals, balancing, bloodline creation, system overhauls, player moderation, character judging. I was basically responsible for day to day management.

Fundamentals :: Application Approval ||→ {3}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games