Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:37 pm
Valka gave a sharp jerk of her neck, the joints in it making a sort of pop noise as she re-adjusted herself. She'd had a crick there for quite some time and now it was finally gone. Giving a shake of her dark coat the young lioness stood up and dislodged the dirt from her body.

She was sorta liking this reaver thing. Though at the same time she wanted more. Really she just wanted to further herself within the pride but didn't really know what she wanted to do. She thought about leaving but wasn't sure where she'd go either so honestly when it came down to it she just didn't know what she wanted right now. She was hoping for some insight to something to help guide her future. Her brother had just had a litter of cubs and she was sorta feeling the 'motherly' feelings but at the same time she still didn't know.

Looking around she figured she could at least look for someone or something to occupy her mind.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:38 pm
Hodari had felt aimless. The Mizimu had disbanded and with it, his purpose vanished - with it, Tifu had also vanished. He was at once without a path and a lover, lost to wander the earth and hope that she did not forget him so long that he passed without seeing her one more time. He thought sacrificing her to the gods would was the hardest thing he had ever had to do and oh, how wrong he had been.

It was a special kind of hell to watch your dead lover grow wings and leave you behind. A special kind of hell that not many other living mortal souls understood - and so he rarely bothered to explain.

It left him searching the lands near and far - sometimes for her, sometimes for purpose, other times without any idea at all what drove him. The restlessness was something he understood, at least.

It was only as the lioness stood that Hodari saw her distinctly against the dark, hard-packed earth. For a moment he thought to simply turn away and then, in another, opted not to. He had never feared death. It had been his instrument for too long to be afraid.

"Excuse me," he called instead, "could you tell me where I am?"
@Tori  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Well, he was a new face.

She looked towards the sound of the voice. Standing up she realize how small he seemed compared to her, though not by much. She was large as it was, but sometimes it was a bit offputting to others, perhaps that was why she was still childless. She was intimdating.

"You are near the Stormborn, why do you ask? Are you lost or looking for some place in particular?" She looked him over a moment. He was nice looking, the dark and orange combination reminded her of her father almost. Save he was a deep purple. She'd met him a couple times, she hoped to see him again some day. Perhaps meet the rest of her family. @Tag Felyn  
Whatever Hodari was, intimidated did not seem to be a part of it. She was certainly a unique looking lioness - her mouth seemed nearly deformed in the most wicked, peculiar way and there were wings on her back that he suspected could have meant a god's heritage. Her size certainly suggested it, at least in his experience.

"A curiosity, only." He shrugged his dark shoulders, making the wolf's pelt rise and fall with the motion. After all this time, he still felt too kin to his pathway to discard it. "I am not lost, nor am I looking for anything that I think you could help me find. I have been wandering a long time since my pride.." he paused, choosing his words carefully, "dispersed."

With his duty as a Vates lost to him, his only great task in the world was looking for Tifu and, secondary, filling his head with as much knowledge as he might be afforded.

Looking out at the lands around him, he wondered where these Stormborn were. He knew very well that looks could be deceiving but she did have an air of.. malice? The word wasn't quite right but he was having trouble placing his gut feeling about the lands he had stumbled into.

"Am I in danger being so close to here?"

@Tag Astoria  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

She watched him curiously, so he was one of those. She couldn't fathom what they were going through, those that had lost their prides. She was certain most were pleased with the ability to move forth from their lands but she wasn't so sure how she'd feel if something like that happened with her pride. Though she was also keen on possibly leaving it one day. It all depended.

"Fair enough." She said running her paw across the ground in front of her. "I mean, you're fairly close but I wouldn't say that you're in danger of being close enough for someone to warrent a challenge." Though she was fairly certain he would have to openly declare his want to join first, but there was always the off chance someone would want to capture him as a thrall.

Hell, he was a strong looking male. If she was the type she'd of tried to capture him herself. She had to know about his peculiar pelt upon his back and face. "May I ask why you wear that? It's not terribly hard to see is it?" She sorta wanted to know what his face looked like. @Felyn  
Hodari nodded, content with the answer. All he ever wanted in his wandering was food in his belly and a place to lay his head once his paws grew to weary to continue. If she was certain that he would not be challenged by anyone for encroaching upon their resources then he was concent to believe her and continue on without pause.

He hadn't expected her to be curious, though. Behind the mask, both of his dark brows rose in surprise though he supposed it might be hard for her to see the reaction.

"Not anymore, it was awkward many years ago when I first put it on but it's a sign of my place in my pride." A pride that he was no longer apart of but must have still felt a deep, unwavering loyalty to. "It was revered, once and I trained long and hard to earn it. Even if we have displeased the spirits it is.. hard for me to abandon who I am."

Hesitating only a moment, he reached up with a paw and pushed the mask back so that it revealed his face, letting it rest atop the great tuft of his mane between his ears.

"I'm not sure if that sentiment makes much sense."

@Tori  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Listening as he spoke she wondered what his pride had been like. Though she wasn't about to delve into it unless he truly wanted to open up to her about it. "I would imagine it would be a little strange at first." She wasn't about to ask him if she could try it on, though she was truly curious.

He must have been important to have been given a pelt like that to wear. "You must have been important." She could be wrong but she didn't think she was. There were lions within her pride that had been adorn with items due to their having done great deeds to earn them. "It makes perfect sense." She looked upon his face now that it was uncovered. "Do you usually always keep your face covered?" @Felyn  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:39 pm
The comment made him smile just a fraction and now, without the rough visage of his mask to hide behind, it was plainly visible on his dark face. Though his eyes were a bit shadowed by the way his mask now sat atop his head rather like a hat, the small difference in his expression made him seem warmer. It had been a long time since anyone had ever thought him important.

"I was as important as one could be without being one of the ruling class and, I daresay, there were times when even they had to kneel to me." But the way he spoke didn't sound at all as if he were conceited enough to think he were above a King. There was some hint of something in his eyes but it was not an aristocrat's edge. He remembered the look in a sacrifice's eyes when they knelt for their ritual or, rather, the myriad of different looks that he had seen over the many years in his position. Only one pair haunted him time and time again - all others were a reminder of his service, of his position to the spirits.

"Almost always, yes. Sometimes it's not practical, I guess." He rolled his shoulders in a shrug. "It's second nature by now."

He glanced past her and to the direction she had come from, swinging his eyes along the horizon with his own sudden curiosity.

"Why do you call yourselves the Stormborn?"
@Tori  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Despite his rugged exterior he seemed to be fairly decent all around. As she listened to him speak she realized then how old he was compared to her. Or at least how old he seemed. The way he talked made it sound like he'd been around forever. Which wasn't a bad thing, a male with experience was always good. "That must have felt empowering." She could only imagine how that might feel.

She supposed if she wore something for that long it would seem like second nature to her, she was sure one day she'd be asked something similiar about something and she'd probably respond in kind. "If you care to walk with me I can tell you all about it?" She offered. @Felyn  
Hodari considered her and the offer for a moment, watching her in a silence only interrupted by the distant chirping of some insect he didn't have a name to give. These lands were foreign to him, like so many others, and there had been no sign of Denial. Yet he found that growing urge to understand how the world outside of his birthplace moved and all the strings of fate that made them dance. He had known what the spirits had meant for him once, but now? Even he was willing to admit that he didn't quite understand what he was meant for. Maybe his flighty goddess would never even be the point of his life.

"Sorry," he shook his head, finding himself distracted and mind wandering as it so often did these days. "I would like that, actually, very much."

With a polite dip of his head, he stepped into pace with her, then turned his head to the horizon.
@Tori  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out