• Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:16 pm
[TABLE OF CONTENTS]  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:26 pm
User Image
___N i n j u t s u
Ninjutsu [忍術; Literally meaning "Ninja Techniques"] refers to any technique that utilizes chakra and allows the user to perform actions that a normal person otherwise would be incapable of doing. Unlike genjutsu, which causes the opponent to experience illusions, the effects of ninjutsu are real and physical in most cases. Ninjutsu relies on chakra and, most of the time, hand seals to be effective. The hands are put in sequential positions that molds and manipulates chakra in the necessary manner to perform a jutsu. This is not always needed, however, and some jutsu become second nature to experienced ninja, after which they can perform them at will. Additionally, many ninjutsu can be classified as an elemental jutsu, in those cases where a specific element [e.g. wind, water, fire, earth, lightning] is used.

User Image

___B u k i j u t s u
Bukijutsu! The special usage of one's physical form in combination with all sorts of weapons! Much like Taijutsu, Bukijutsu require hard work and dedication in order to master. They revolve around the manipulation of one's body along with their blade and, as a result of the combination, are known as some of the deadliest techniques around the world.
• Techniques in Bukijutsu progresses in strength with each Stage. The rank of your RPC determines up to which stage they may train in.
• A Bukijutsu stage limit determines how many stages of various Bukijutsu a character may know. A character’s rank, likewise, limits how many stages they can train in. If you RPC has a Bukijutsu stage limit of one [1] then they may learn one [1] stage of one [1] Bukijutsu and all the techniques, that their rank allows, within that stage.

User Image

___T a i j u t s u
Taijutsu! The tool of the hard working shinobi! Physical arts mastered through tempered hard work, determination, and sweat. Most users of Taijutsu are physically fit, but there are shinobi capable of using their odd shapes and forms to better their Taijutsu game.
• Techniques in Taijutsu progresses in strength with each Stage. The rank of your RPC determines up to which stage they may train in.
• A Taijutsu stage limit determines how many stages of various Taijutsu a character may know. A character’s rank, likewise, limits how many stages they can train in. If you RPC has a Taijutsu stage limit of one [1] then they may learn one [1] stage of one [1] Taijutsu and all the techniques, that their rank allows, within that stage.

___S u s t a i n e d J u t s u:
• If a jutsu allows for sustained activation [which is more than the single post it took to activate and implement it] it will have the amount of chakra needed to maintain its activation listed. If it isn’t listed, but does allow for a sustained use, then you pay the initial cost for every post following [that maintains the jutsu].
• RPC’s are limited to activating three [3] jutsu per post. However [and only after the initial activation is posted] sustained jutsu do not count towards this limit.

___L i m i t a t i o n s:
• Unlike perhaps other guilds of the Shinobi persuasion, we do not limit what techniques a character may learn as far as rank goes. Within our Battle Regulations we have rules that determine what happens if you utilize techniques past a certain number of ranks above your own. With this in place we feel confident that we may remove this limitation.  

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:50 pm
User Image
___S p e c i a l ○ N o t e s
There are a few key points and notes that you should keep in mind while both using and interacting with ninjutsu.

___E l e m e n t s:
The chart to the right displays ninjutsu elements and their strong and weak suits. Techniques do not deal additional damage when they make contact with a ninja who has inferior chakra elements, rather, if the superior technique collides with the inferior element, the superior will typically come out on top.

( Fire beats WindWind beats LightningLightning beats EarthEarth beats WaterWater beats Fire )

Some bloodline techniques use another element that it specific for them by way of mixing two of the previously mentioned elements. These including the Hariton [Glass] element, Hyoton [Ice] element, Mokuton [Wood] element, and more. Each bloodline will have the details outlining their element’s weaknesses and strengths so please be aware of those.

For guild purposes, we attempt to use rank modifications-
• The inferior element will lose one [1] rank of effectiveness against its weakness.
• Techniques that lose in head-to-head battles become absorbed, adding to the winner jutsu's chakra. (see 'Counter Balancing' below)

___X - r a n k ○ T e c h n i q u e s:
• X-Rank techniques, unless otherwise stated (or are Eisijutsu or Fuuinjutsu), only require training posts of that base rank. Use of that technique at higher ranks does not require it to be learned as that rank.

___E - r a n k ○ T e c h n i q u e s:
• All E-rank techniques are considered 'cantrips' and do not take slots to learn. This is specific to Ninjutsu and Genjutsu, and more specifically any techniques that fall under the 'Academy Student' listing.
• In order to train the E-rank techniques of an element, or even Genjutsu, the character must be capable of learning those techniques. In other words, a character can only learn the E-rank techniques under the elements they chose at creation.
• If a character cannot learn Ninjutsu techniques, such as some Bukijutsu and Taijutsu class disciplines, or does not gain slots for them through class ranks, they cannot learn the E-rank techniques of the category.
• This goes for Genjutsu and all Special categories as well [Eiseijutsu, Kugutsu, etc.].
• This does not apply to Bukjutsu or Taijutsu techniques, and learning any Stage One [E-rank] techniques still requires taking up a style slot.

___N o n - E l e m e n t s:
Not all ninjutsu fall under the element chart, including; Maruton [Null element], Eiseijutsu [Medical techniques], Kugutsu [Puppet techniques], Genjutsu [Illusion-based techniques], and some Bloodline-specific techniques.
• No matter what element(s) your RPC has, all can learn Maruton jutsu.
• Eiseijutsu can only be learned by characters of the Medic class.
• Kugutsu techniques can only be learned by characters of the Puppeteer class.
• Genjutsu can be learned by any character, and take up Genjutsu slots, not Ninjutsu slots.
• Bloodline techniques can only be learned after a successful application has been accepted for a specific bloodline. These techniques do not take up any slot restrictions on a RPC’s profile.

___P h y s i c a l:
There are ‘physical’ techniques that, at times, require the use of chakra. Bukijutsu [Weapon techniques] and Taijutsu [Body techniques] may ask for chakra costs on certain actions. For Tai and Buki, these will be listed as either complex [chakra and stamina cost] or spiritual [chakra cost] techniques.
• Unnamed attacks are the Maruton version of physical techniques. This means you do not need a slot for Buki or Tai to train them, thus making them accessible to all characters. They instead require Proficiency Slots, which all characters receive upon ranking up.

___B o d y ○ F l i c k e r:
• Shunshin no Jutsu [ Body Flicker Technique ] can only be used three [3] times per battle.
• A very slight amount of preparation is required for this technique, and it is not instantaneous. It also does not guarantee an automatic hit when used offensively.

___S u b s t i t u t i o n:
• The substitution technique can only be performed four [4] times per battle.
• You must be near an object roughly the same size as your character.
• Other roleplayers' characters ( unless willing ) cannot be used as a substitute.
• Spawning random, faceless characters to use as substitutes is not permitted.
• All clones, with the exception of the standard clone, may be used in substitution.

___C l o n e s:
• Unless otherwise stated, clone techniques only produce a single clone per activation.
• Unless otherwise stated, elemental clones cannot perform elemental jutsu other than their element.
• Clone(s) can use a single activation on the post they are created. If they choose to make more clones in this activation then the second set of clones receive no activations until the following post. Clones can perform a maximum of 2 activations per post but only after the post of their creation.

___C o u n t e r ○ B a l a n c i n g:
For relationships between chakra natures, there is a principle known as counterbalancing (相殺, Sōsai). This principle states that two techniques of the same nature would cancel each other out if the same amount of chakra was put into them. For example, in Kakashi's fight with Kakuzu, he was able to cancel Kakuzu's Lightning Release: False Darkness by deflecting it with his own technique, the Lightning Cutter. However, if one of the techniques had more chakra put into it, it would overcome the other technique. Not only that, but the stronger technique would absorb the weaker one, and the user of the weaker technique would receive more damage than the original amount, as he will have added to the technique. For example, in Sasuke's fight with Itachi, they both use the Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique against each other, and Sasuke's technique begins to overwhelm Itachi's as he activates his Cursed Seal of Heaven. Itachi would have been hit by both his own technique as well as Sasuke's. Itachi responds to this by using Amaterasu, the highest level Fire Release technique [ i.e. Blaze Release ], which absorbs all the fire previously created by the two techniques, growing into a large mass of black flames.

___F o r u m ○ L a b e l s:
[ N ] = Ninjutsu.
Any technique that has ties to ninjutsu.
[ G ] = Genjutsu.
Any technique that has ties to genjutsu.
[ T ] = Taijutsu.
Any technique that has ties to taijutsu.
[ B ] = Bukijutsu.
Any technique that has ties to bukijutsu.
[ S ] = Special.
Any technique that has unique restrictions.
Typically, you can only use these techniques if you are within a certain class.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:52 pm
___C o s t ○ o f ○ T e c h n i q u e s
Chakra and/or stamina are needed to perform attacks such as ninjutsu, genjutsu, bloodline techniques, and complex taijutsu and bukijutsu. Below is a simple chart that displays the costs of such techniques.

Quote:
J u t s u & T a l e n t s *
tab Rank E • { 005 } chakra
tab Rank D • { 010 } chakra.
tab Rank C • { 020 } chakra.
tab Rank B • { 040 } chakra.
tab Rank A • { 080 } chakra.
tab Rank S • { 160 } chakra.
tab Rank X • { ??? } chakra.

* This includes Medium, Skald, some Tracker, and select Tinker Talents. Talents will specify otherwise if they do not use chakra.

• Rank X ( also know as being a ‘Variable Rank’ ) are applied to techniques that are capable of being activated with different amounts of chakra.

For example; an X Rank technique can be activated with E Rank cost one turn, but again with S-rank cost the next. These Variable Rank techniques always have the necessary information for their usage within their descriptions.Please note that this slightly differs from techniques that can be modified with additional chakra, as they still but have definite ranks applied to them.

B u k i j u t s u & T a i j u t s u
tab [ S i m p l e ]
tab Rank E • { 005 } stamina.
tab Rank D • { 010 } stamina
tab Rank C • { 020 } stamina
tab Rank B • { 040 } stamina
tab Rank A • { 080 } stamina
tab Rank S • { 160 } stamina

tab [ C o m p l e x ]
tab Rank E • { 005 } stamina OR { 005 } chakra
tab Rank D • { 005 } stamina + { 005 } chakra
tab Rank C • { 010 } stamina + { 010 } chakra
tab Rank B • { 020 } stamina + { 020 } chakra
tab Rank A • { 040 } stamina + { 040 } chakra
tab Rank S • { 080 } stamina + { 080 } chakra

tab [ S p i r i t u a l ]
tab Rank E • { 005 } chakra
tab Rank D • { 010 } chakra.
tab Rank C • { 020 } chakra.
tab Rank B • { 040 } chakra.
tab Rank A • { 080 } chakra.
tab Rank S • { 160 } chakra.

P r o f i c i e n c i e s & T a l e n t s *
tab [ S i m p l e ]
tab Rank E • { 005 } stamina.
tab Rank D • { 010 } stamina
tab Rank C • { 020 } stamina
tab Rank B • { 040 } stamina
tab Rank A • { 080 } stamina
tab Rank S • { 160 } stamina

* This includes Soldier, Oathkeeper, Beastmaster, most Tracker, select Tinker, and all Civilian Class Talents. Talents will specify otherwise if they do not use stamina.

Royal Taorito
Edit Logs:
04/06/18 Royal Taorito - Condensed and added Talents and Proficiencies, as well as which specific talents are affected.

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:53 pm
___L e a r n i n g ○ T e c h n i q u e s
There are many techniques that have to be learned in order to soup up your shinobi and, because of this, there are many times where you have to take the time to train. Written below is the base number of paragraphs required to learn a technique, before reduction and unless otherwise mentioned, as well as a simple method explaining how you can add a link into your profile in order to prove to us that you have learned a technique.Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Quote:
[ Learning Techniques: ]
This includes all jutsu [Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, Bukijutsu, Taijutsu, special categories like Eiseijutsu, and Bloodline techniques], Talents, Proficiencies, and Skills.

tab T r a i n i n g :
It is important to note that in Shattered Past we do not utilize a posting count to learn techniques. At least, not extensive ones. Every technique but S and S+ - ranks can be learned in one [1] paragraph, with the number of techniques that can be learned in that one [1] paragraph increasing as your Experience Rank does. Below you will find the number of paragraphs you will need for each rank. The two exemptions are only listed as such because of the extensive damage that can be done, up to and including character death, if the training is rushed.

tab • Exp Rank (E) ○ 1 technique per paragraph
tab • Exp Rank (D) ○ 2 techniques per paragraph
tab • Exp Rank (C) ○ 3 techniques per paragraph
tab • Exp Rank (B) ○ 4 techniques per paragraph
tab • Exp Rank (A) ○ 5 techniques per paragraph
tab • Exp Rank (S) ○ 6 techniques per paragraph

tab • Rank (S)/Tier (5) ○ Acts in place of [3] techniques for learning time.
tab • Rank (S+)/Tier (6) ○ Acts in place of [5] techniques for learning time.

Skills, Proficiencies, and Crafting
Unlike techniques and talents, skills, proficiencies, and crafting still take a certain number of paragraphs to train or complete. If you can learn more than one technique per paragraph, then these act as parts of a paragraph. For example, if you can learn [2] techniques per paragraph, then a C-rank would take [1] paragraph, and [1/2] of a second paragraph. They are as follows:
tab • Rank E/Tier 0 ○ 1 paragraph
tab • Rank D/Tier 1 ○ 2 paragraphs
tab • Rank C/Tier 2 ○ 3 paragraphs
tab • Rank B/Tier 3 ○ 4 paragraphs
tab • Rank A/Tier 4 ○ 5 paragraphs
tab • Rank S/Tier 5 ○ 6 paragraphs

___S t e p [1]
Training - Plain and simple. Learn your technique by posting the required amount of times necessary. There is a chart above outlining how many times you may need to post to learn the intended technique. While learning, techniques will not work if you do not put chakra or stamina in them. In this regard, studying from books and scrolls before attempting to successfully cast will save you on training costs!

___S t e p [2]
Link Copy - Go to the original post of your training of a technique. In order to get the url to the specific link, click on the little paper icon near the time stamp of your post. The page will reload and the url will now lead to that post rather than just the page of posts. Copy that url for this process.

___S t e p [3]
Knowledge - Go back to your profile. After you have learned your technique, add it to the technique list in the appropriate location.

___S t e p [4]
Link - Right after the technique name, add a space and type the following (with no spaces)
[ u r l =
This is the start of the link format installed by Gaia.
Directly after the '=' sign, right-click paste ((or hold ctrl and press 'v')) the address of the training.
This generates the actual link to the page of your training
Directly after the address has been copied, press the "]" key.
Directly after the address has been capped, type "-" ((or any other single keystroke doodad))
This generates the click to link icon.
Directly after the icon, type
This officially closes the link, making your code valid.

___S t e p [5]
Does it work? -
Once you have done all of this, press the preview button and locate the icon you have just installed. Click it, does it take you to the post it should?
If it does not, please try using the steps again.
If it does not work a third time, please contact a Crew member.

Example:

[url=LINK] ♦ [/url]

Royal Taorito
Edit Logs:
04/06/18 Royal Taorito - Changed the required number of posts to learn techniques from 2-4-6-8-10-14 to 1-2-4-6-8-10.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:54 pm
___A d d i t i o n s

When training in a specific location, such as academy or dojo, the number of techniques you can learn in a paragraph change. These numbers are listed below with their corresponding rank:
tab • Exp Rank (E) ○ 1 technique per paragraph
tab • Exp Rank (D) ○ 2 techniques per paragraph
tab • Exp Rank (C) ○ 3 techniques per paragraph
tab • Exp Rank (B) ○ 4 techniques per paragraph
tab • Exp Rank (A) ○ 5 techniques per paragraph
tab • Exp Rank (S) ○ 6 techniques per paragraph

Some locations also reduce the number of paragraphs it takes to learn Skills, Proficiencies, and time it takes to craft.
tab • Rank E/Tier 0 ○ -1
tab • Rank D/Tier 1 ○ -1
tab • Rank C/Tier 2 ○ -2
tab • Rank B/Tier 3 ○ -2
tab • Rank A/Tier 4 ○ -3
tab • Rank S/Tier 5 ○ -4

Also, keep in mind - No matter what your bonuses are, you cannot reduce a technique's training cost below one [1] paragraph.

• Academy: Increases number of techniques learned in a paragraph for Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, Eiseijutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Kuchiyose, Kugutsu, Sensory, and Senjutsu, as well as Skald and Medium Talents, and all Ninjutsu or Genjutsu based Bloodline techniques.
• Dojo: Increases number of techniques learned in a paragraph for Taijutsu and Bukijutsu, as well as Soldier, Beastmaster, Oathkeeper, and Tracker Talents, and all Taijutsu or Bukijutsu based Bloodline techniques. Reduces the number of paragraphs required to train Proficiencies.
• Library:Reduces number of paragraphs for all Skills.
• Medical Facility: Increases number of techniques learned in a paragraph for Eiseijutsu, and reduces the number of paragraphs for Physician Skills.
• Workshop: Increases number of techniques learned in a paragraph for Tinker, Artisian, and Puppeteer Talents, and reduces the number of paragraphs for Skills, as well as Crafting and Crafting-related skills such as Cooking [Kitchen], Chemistry, and Artistic Skills.
• Greenhouse: Reduces the number of paragraphs for Herbology and Chemistry Skills.
• Farm or Garden: Reduces the number of paragraphs for the Farming skill.
• Dungeon: Increases number of techniques learned in a paragraph for Adventurer Talents, and reduces the number of paragraphs for Adventurer Skills.

• Teaching: You receive a [+1] per paragraph, [-1] reduction if you are being taught by a teacher. You receive an additional [+2] or [-2] if your teacher already knows the technique, talent, or proficiency they are teaching you, or has at least the same training in a Skill that you are trying to learn.

• The bonuses or reductions of having a teacher will stack with, but only when, training within a specified location.
• Your character may also have PA’s or other attributes that can also increase the number learnable per paragraph or reduce the required number of paragraphs to learn a technique or skill. Again, this is stackable with the teacher, academy, and/or dojo bonuses (when applicable).
• A technique, no matter how many reductions that can be applied to it, will always take at least one paragraph (defined as having a minimum of three [3] to four [4] sentences) to learn.

Royal Taorito
Edit Logs:
04/06/18 Royal Taorito - Condensed reductions list to one and added details of various locations for training.

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
Fundamentals :: Guild Techniques [Custom and Canon]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers