[PRP] Picking Up A Few Things [H'sad, Nabbi, & Cinonth]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:50 pm
Autumn was at its height, with the High Reaches mountain peaks blanketed in snow, and colder weather blowing in from the north. While the season's first real snowstorm hadn't made an appearance, the blue rider knew it wouldn't be long before they all pined for the warmth of spring and summer. The long shadows of the afternoon hinted at shortening days, and a glance at the sun promised only a few more hours of daylight left. This high up, H'sad had a good view of the land surrounding High Reaches Hold, and the foothills of the mountains quickly transformed into more open hills, plateaus, and plains for the crafters and holdfolk below.

Harvest was in full swing, with some farms and fields already empty from the seasons crop. Glancing over the shoulder of his blue, the rider watched as Cinonth eased into a lazy spiral.

Already there?

It doesn't take long to fly straight to the Vintner Hall. I am a large blue, after all, and have always flown swiftly. Cinonth couldn't help but sound pleased and proud, even as he circled slowly over the Hall.

Yeah, and at the rate you're taking this landing, the Hall will be asleep by the time we touch down!

Cinonth gave a snort, but did not hasten his descent. The blue was hopeful that many might see his shadow, and come out to ooh and ahh over him. He wasn't usually a vain creature, but if he had to be sent on errands to pick up a few cases of wine for Headwoman Padmia, than he at least was going to enjoy the ordeal.

By the time the blue had settled, his presence had been noted, and at least a few people had stepped outside or paused in their work to look at the unexpected visitor. Cinonth cooed appreciatively, letting his eyes whirl a happy green-blue as he settled.

DruidTigeress
I hope this is okay!! xD Some IRL stuff cropped up to distract me, so apologies if it's a rusty start. I'm tossing him at the Vintnerhall so he can do a pickup of some wine... and hopefully catch a Nebbi, too. ; D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:48 am
Masterharper

Nebbi was busy moving a shipment out into the courtyard with the other apprentices, when she noticed a large shadow swoop across the grounds. Whenever she saw dragons these days there was a moment of panic that hit her, visceraly, in the chest. She could help but think: did something happen? Were they coming to tell his parents? Was this one of those visits? The kind every parent of a dragon rider dreaded?

But she pushed through with enough bravado to do nothing more than glance casually at the sky before continuing to roll the heavy cask to where the others were set up in the courtyard. Once they had set it upright, her attention returned to the dragon, along with everyone else's. She hopped onto the top of the large barrel as the dragon continued to turn spirals around the small vinyard. Almost everyone was out to see it now. And not even their lesson master would have scolded them for stopping to watch. After all, it wasn't often they got riders coming to visit up here. People would probably be talking about this for days.

Nebbi covered her eyes against the late afternoon glare, watching the dragon slowly land. "Oh! It's lover boy!" she said when they banked close enough that she could recognize the rider.

The apprentice that was with her scoffed. He'd heard enough of Nebbi's stories to know to be dubious. "No way you know a rider." he said.
"Do too. I bet you ten marks he remembers me too."
"You're a liar."
"Then take the bet." she shot back, a steely challenge in her voice. The boy looked like he didn't really want to, but not wanting to back down or let her win, he folded his arms.
"Fine!" he said, stubbornly and Nebbi broke into a wide grin. Nine times out of ten, she would have been bluffing. Lucky this was the one time she wasn't.

She hopped off the wine barrel happily. "Heh. Easy money." she said, walking over to the blue rider pair.

She smiled brightly as she approached. Bets aside, it was nice to see him again. It would be nice to see any rider from High Reaches, since it meant a chance to get some news about the weyrlings, but she couldn't forget their pre-feast pep talk. "H'sad! Hey!" she said waving, running over to the side of the dragon.

"You're here for my uncle's wine, right?" she asked, her eyes lighting up excitedly. "Did people like it at the feast? Is it popular?" It might all be wine to them, but it mattered a lot to her if people thought well of it. After all, it was hard for a small Hall like theirs to break into this industry. If they were popular with the Weyr, that could be huge for them.

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:30 am
DruidTigeress

Cinonth looked happily about, puffing out his chest, and acting far more regal and dignified than he usually behaved. H'sad couldn't help but chuckle as he unclipped his straps that kept him atop Cinonth. Showoff... He chided. Leave the majesty aside for the metallics -- show 'em how much of a people's dragon you really are! It was true. Cinonth was quite the affable and affectionate blue. He did not have reservations around strangers like so many other dragons.

But don't they want to see how regal we can be? I don't think they'd appreciate me the way you do. The blue countered. Cinonth knew that the Weyr expected its dragons to be the ambassadors of High Reaches when they left on drill, duty, or errands, so the blue felt he was simply doing the Weyr well by acting as dignified as he was.

Just be you. Unclipped from the riding straps, the rider deftly dismounted, and looked around at all the faces. Before he had a chance to collect his thoughts, a girl boldly approached. Honestly, the scarred man had to do a double take before he grinned. He recognized that one -- small world! "Nebbi!" He greeted cheerfully, far different from their time at the Hatching. "Small world! I didn't expect to see you, though I'm glad to meet a familiar face. Maybe you can help me navigate here -- they don't let me out of the Weyr so often, and if I don't get this right, I'm quite sure the Headwoman will serve me up for dinner."

Cinonth, for his part, had turned his blue-green gaze down at the girl. He rumbled a greeting, lowering his head so he might get a better look at the small one that his rider knew.

"The wine was a success, thank you. We've had people asking for it, and some of our Benden bottles are starting to get dusty." H'sad was pleased about that, if only because he'd much rather support the local Vintners than snobby Benden. "I'm here to pick up a few cases, and hopefully put in an order for a few more to pick up for Turn's End. Any idea who can help me with that?"

Cinonth, for his part, leaned a bit closer, trying to get the girl's attention. H'sad tried to push his head out of the way, but the dragon didn't budge. Hmmm. How interesting... But the blue needed a better look to be sure.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:55 am
Masterharper

Nebbi looked back at the other apprentice triumphantly when H'sad called her name, but then shifted her focus entirely to the rider. "How's the baby class doing, huh? Do you get to see Dr'stan much?" she asked. And she was, really, genuinely interested and concerned to hear how the two of them were doing. But, of course, what she was also asking was; have you seen V'tre? How's he doing? Is he okay? "Sure, no problem." she said, pleased that he would ask her for help instead of telling her to get a journeyman.

She paced down the length of the blue, looking him over. "So this is your dragon, huh?" she said, putting a hand on her chin appraisingly, like she was a jewelcrafter looking at some precious gem. Of course, that was just for show. She couldn't not be impressed with a dragon. "Swanky." she said, grinning. "Easily top five coolest dragons I've met." She'd only met two! Though, of course, Thanoth occupied the number one spot.

"Really?" she said, beaming when he mentioned that their wine was a success. She couldn't pretend not to be pleased by that. "People say they like Benden because they think it makes them sound fancy. But it only matters what tastes good, right?" Then again he teachers often scolded her for not having a 'sophisticated' enough palette. But at least someone agreed with her.

She looked over her shoulder to where they'd been moving the crates and caskets out into the courtyard. "Those must be for you then.." They're told them it was for a delivery today, though they didn't mention who. Someone had probably rushed inside to find a journeyman already, but she could try to help him until they arrive. "Here, they should be labeled.." she said, wandering back over to the cases to check.  

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
[IC RP] Holds & Halls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items