Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands
[Round 2] Paropakari vs. [Amaris] (Winner)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
AstoriaFallen rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:13 pm
User ImageShe was nervous. She had never done anything like this before so the fact she had made it through the 1st round had been a huge feat in her mind. Though she hadn't boasted about it, she hadn't wanted to seem smug or come off as snobbish or something.

So she was to go up against Paropakari. She wasn't familiar with the name though his markings were quite familiar. They definitely stood out in a crowd and she was fairly certain she had seen some cubs running around with some much like them. It was quite likely she had seen relatives or at least offspring of his.

Preparing herself for the second round she gave a small shake and squared up against him with a smile on her face. She was sorta enjoying this and having a fun time of it to be honest with herself.  
Puhterodactyl rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:17 pm
User Image
Paro was fresh from his first duel and blown away that he had won. The only fighting he'd ever done was either to bring down a meal or wrestling any of his 23 children. It was nice to be challenged and to not have to not hold back. He approached his next opponent- a lioness- and bobbed his head in greeting and acknowledgement that she was just as fit and deserving to be here as he or any other lion was. He'd give her the same fight he would give a male. Besides, facing her in the second round, she might be tougher than your average male.  

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

AstoriaFallen generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:19 pm
It was her turn to go first and she hoped she did well. "Good luck." She said to him with a smile and a bow. This was the first male she had gone up against so she was a bit nervous about the whole thing. She took in a deep breath before moving forward and taking a solid swipe. She felt her paw connect, while lightly it was still a good hit she believed..

So far so good, she hoped he was able to get in a good hit or two in the process. She knew that she had at least one hit and if that was all she got the whole round she would be at least pleased with that.  
Puhterodactyl generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:20 pm
"And to you," he answered.

Amaris was a little quicker off the starting block than the male, and her hit lightly connected. Not anything too bad, but enough blows like that could still get her the win. He returned the effort, and it was well-rewarded. He got a fair, clean blow on the lioness and spun on his heels to prepare for her next move.  

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:23 pm
As he struck it was a solid hit and she was glad that so far it was so good. They were both tied, one hit and one hit. She had to re position herself after his strike and did the best to give a solid attack back, her paw just glancing against him. It was still a hit though and she did what she could to not smile.

This was quite fun and she was very excited that she was looking to be ahead once again. Though the last fight had been nerve wrecking, each of them missing many times before Amaris had come out on top. This time she was seeming to do quite well up front.  
Puhterodactyl generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:25 pm
Paro had gone left when he should have ducked right. The battle was becoming incredibly close- too close to call. Was he really a warrior? He wasn't sure and didn't really have the time to ask. Wheeling and whirling, the lion and the lioness were really going at it toe-to-toe.

She landed a hit- not quite one that would decide a battle, but the sharp smack left him smarting on his left side for sure. Paro tried to parry– and missed. The orange lion winced and grimaced, more out of frustration with himself than pain. He had offered her the upper hand (paw?) and she had readily seized it.  

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:26 pm
She braced herself for a hit that never came and she took the opportunity to move forward in an almost brash manner and strike, her paw landing squarely against him.

That was three hits and she couldn't help but feel a beam of pride spread through her and she turned to face him properly.

"It was a fine duel." She said to him, pride in her eyes and in her voice. She knew this was as far as he would go, but he had still done well she had thought anyway.

While she felt a small pang of guild that the male hadn't beat her she was still fairly excited about the whole ordeal.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:57 pm
She wondered if they would duel again after this? "I wish you luck in the rest of the events!" She said with a bow of her head to the male.

"It was a pleasure dueling with you. I'm Amaris by the way, in case we run into one another again in the future." She smiled and gave him his name just in case. She knew if he was from a different clan that it was unlikely they'd meet but you never knew.

She looked towards the stands to look for a familiar face in the crowd. She was growing more nervous as the events went on. She hadn't thought she'd win the first one, let alone the second. She would see where the fates took her. "Do you have someone cheering you on?" She was certain his mate probably was.

Puhterodactyl

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:42 pm
And it was all over- as soon as it began. She landed another, fair hit and that was that. When her paw made contact with his shoulder, he had to skid to a stop, for the lion was intending to use his momentum for his next attempted attack. He righted himself and, panting, he bowed his head to the victor.

"Well fought, Amaris!" He smiled at the lioness and did a mental inventory of all his damaged and undamaged parts. Well, he was truly no worse for the wear. That was a nice thing about duels like this, especially as he was apparently not quite the fighter that he'd thought he was (which was not much of one to begin with).

"And to you! I'm Paropakari Chochokpi, of the Bird clan. You may know my mate, Gopala, and I better for the nine, bright adolescents running around." He smiled a crooked smile. He loved nothing more than his mate and their giant family but they were sure exhausting most of the time.

He shook his head, though.

"It's better this way. Gopala is a real worrier, and the kids don't need to get any ideas in their heads from watching and start trying out any moves they learned out on their old man."

"And you?"  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:46 pm
Puhterodactyl

"Thanks and to you as well. Paropakari" His name was so long she couldn't quite catch the last part. She looked towards the stands and around at a few of the other dueling groups. She wondered who she might be up against next. "I've seen a number of them around so it's fairly certain to so that I have." She smiled.

"I'm sure they'd do great if they decided to take after their father and join in the tournament when old enough." She was being sincere with her words. "I just have a fellow pride mate. Not quite like you have." She chuckled.

"Well, I wish you luck!" She knew he was likely out for the rest of the tournament but there was always next year! She didn't think she'd try again next year. Who was to say.

"Perhaps i'll see you around!" She said and turned and left.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:56 pm
"Perhaps!"

He watched the lioness leave and wondered the next time they might run into each other. He supposed, per tradition, next year at the next sky festival. He hoped she'd do well in the meantime and at advance at least one more round to make his loss more palatable.  
[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games