Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:20 pm
The red haired woman wasn't an entirely unusual sight at Western Weyr and in fact her visitations had become more frequent since the Touching had occurred. With the impending hatching and the arrival of several riders from High Reaches, she'd practically found temporary home in the Weyr. Shalaera had a slight reputation for her strange ways with firelizards and with the addition of two more boys, it was easier than ever to find her just from the sheer amount of noise from her firstborn.

She'd taken up a small table in the commons, her particularly testy blue sprawled on the table defensively around the much more mellow green that trilled lovingly at every person who passed by them. The gold on her shoulders was perhaps in a way much more striking as she spread out her wings and bugled at any who looked her way. It wasn't an unusual sight, though.

With eggs on the sands and a hatching any day now, there was only one reason she was there:

"Who wants to make a bet with me? I am here to barter eggs against your luck! I have a green-mothered clutch on the way and a gold still due in the future."

Quote:

Shalaera loves to bet on hatchings! What type of bets does she want? Well, thats up to your character!

Candidates to color, Candidates to a particular egg, how many will get mauled, or color ratio are all options! Some bets may have to hold longer than the upcoming Hatching (such as if a Candidate who doesn't impress this time still impresses the bet upon color on a future hatching!). She will counter each bet with her own as it is given.

Your characters can bet for either one of the upcoming babies from my breeding (depending on how many I end up with), a future breeding from Laena OR hold out for a future baby from Salia!

THESE BETS ARE OPEN TO BOTH WESTERN AND HIGH REACHES

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:43 pm
Would Lennik enjoy a firelizard?

Shalaera wasn't a woman entirely unknown to the greenrider. Danzik considered her as she set up the way she usually did - and based off the number of signed notes she'd already made, had a good number of bets under her belt already. "Betting again, Shalaera?" she asked and the red haired woman looked up, and then smiled. "Of course I am. Laena is due a clutch soon and well....Salia now has two handsome boys of our own to choose from," she reached out with a hand to delicately run her fingers over the bronze Artemision's face. He nipped at it before leaning into the affection offered. Euboea was offered a pet shortly after and he leaned into it immediately, before trilling sweetly.

Oh, if she could get Mele to let Laena go to another even once, those two would make the most mellow and endearing children......just once. As if knowing, Mele looked up from his protective perch and hissed at her. He didn't n**, however, as she gently booped him in the nose.

"Were you interested in making a bet this time?" she asked and Danzik 'hmmm'ed thoughtfully for a moment, folding her arms before nodding finally. "Candidate Lennik to a blue, for an upcoming from your green" she stated firmly. Shalaera took a moment, clearly going over a mental list, then nodded. "That's your son, yes? If I'm correct.....I'm going to bet Candidate Lennik to a brown for the equivalent amount of marks for one of my green-clutch eggs. Deal?"

Danzik eyed the parents again, then nodded. "I'll sign to that," she agreed, handing over her marks as well as signing the agreement - both pages, one for each party. "Good. Bring it back after the Hatching. Good luck to your son."

Danzik has bet Lennik will impress a Blue.
Shalaera has bet Lennik will impress a Brown.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:57 pm
A young woman was passing by when she heard a red hair woman calling. She looked over curiously. A firelizard egg? Interested she moved a little closer. A firelizard egg for a bet? Rinis patted Chaek riding on her shoulder. "What do you think? Want a little buddy?" The young woman moved up to the table. She'd seen this woman when she worked with the firelizard breeder master.

"Hi Shalaera. What do you want in return?" She'd be more than happy to make a bet, provided the stakes for her loosing were too high. Rinis considered what she'd bet. "I'll bet I impress a green, for one of your green's eggs."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:16 pm
Shalaera looked over the young woman who had come to her little corner of the betting world appraisingly. While she hadn't witnessed the touching, there were some candidates a little more willing to talk than others, after all.

"A green for a green! That's a safe bet, isn't it?" the young woman smiled, perhaps knowingly. "Very well. I will wager one of Laena's brood against the cost of an egg," which from a green was not an entirely unreasonable price, "that you will impress the pink shelled egg." It was fairly specific, but perhaps the fun was in making the bet itself, not being right.

"If we're both wrong OR right, no harm no foul nobody has won anything. If you don't impress at all, I hold onto this bet until the next time. Do you agree to these terms?"

Shalaera has bet Rinis will impress The Siren

magnadearel

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:25 pm
She smiled shyly back in return. "I'm hoping so." Her eyes got a little wide when Shalaera said which egg she'd impress from. Siren? Rinis didn't think so, but then she wasn't making that bet. She hadn't gotten to touch that egg, and she wasn't sure she'd take the chance even if she was offered. "I agree. Until the hatching then?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They weren't the only ones to notice the betting going on. From her ledge, she lifted her head as she watched several humans approach a table and talk about betting. Her eyes whirled with interest. Killakeeth stretched then spread her wings to drift down to the ground. The gold slowly wandered up and rumbled down at the red headed woman behind the table. Not her red-headed rider, but still interesting.

She spoke directly to the person. If you are taking bets, then I will make one for an egg from the gold's clutch. I bet in Vimiath's clutch there will be one gold, three bronze, five brown, ten blues, and six greens.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:41 pm
Every day had become a mild struggle to stay focused and attentive. Dolmar did it, of course—he wasn't about to let anything slip and risk his presence on the sands come hatching day, but that didn't mean his thoughts weren't split constantly between his work and lessons and the eggs. He's turned his impressions of them over and over in his mind, until the rough, raw granules of opinion had been buffed and rolled and shined down to (in his mind) flawless spheres of perception.

He knew what he wanted, and he knew what he'd felt. It should stand to reason then that he could guess what would come to pass soon enough.

And betting? Well, a bit of a common pastime...but passing up the opportunity to gain was never smart. He waited his turn before crossing to the woman with her stacks of papers, eyes roving over the golden firelizard. A fine enough specimen.

"I would like to wager..." He gestured with a slender-fingered hand to the metallic about her neck. "For one of her future clutch, if I might. I've the marks to cover it," He plucked a few wooden tiles from a pouch at his belt, rolling them pensively until she gave him a more definitive sum. A green's egg would be cheaper...but a gold's egg might bear bronze or golden fruit. And he was so, so certain. "A bronze for myself. The largest." Cockiness, or confidence? Either way, he'd stake his marks on it.

Dolmar has bet that he'll impress a bronze. A big one!  

ShinosBee

Nerd

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:53 pm
"Very good. Until after the Hatching." Shalaera finished writing up the terms, signed her name on one piece and offered a second copy to Rinis for her to take along.

Then of course, came the most unexpected of visitors. Shalaera looked up interestedly at the golden dragon and on her shoulder, golden Salia flared her wings out as if to say 'Yes, I am majestic too'. Not that the woman would have compared the two. They were similar, yes, but very different creatures at this time.

Still, having never had a dragon speak directly to her, Shalaera's shoulders squared up and she nodded firmly. "One gold, three bronze, five browns, ten blues, and six greens..." she wrote down the breakup dutifully. "Very well. I will give no counter. If you are correct, when Salia clutches an egg is yours."

Could a queen have a firelizard? Was she couldn't to argue the technicality? Not particularly.

Shalaera bets the color distribution won't be what Killakeeth has said.

Magnadearel

But it seemed she had another contender who hadn't been frightened off by the gold dragon that had taken interest in the betting. Dolmar was - well, he was Dolmar and she knew vaguely of him. Still, there was a confidence about him and what he wanted that made her nod along. The largest bronze, hmm? "Very well. I can agree to that. If you are wrong....you have a brown, do you not?" it was just like the breeder to be somewhat more aware of one's firelizards than themselves, "I want him as a sire if you are wrong - for a single clutch." No marks, in a way, but a much better deal for her.

"My bet will be if you impress a bronze from this clutch, it is not the biggest one. Do you accept these terms?"

Shalaera bets that IF Dolmar impresses a bronze, it is not the largest of the clutch.

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:02 pm
Rinis nodded and accepted her piece of paper. She quickly moved out of the way of the gold dragon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Killakeeth watched amused. This betting stuff was fun. When she won the egg for Vosin, she hoped her rider would appreciate it. For the gold was confident she would. She nodded and wandered on her way.  

magnadearel

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:05 pm
An interesting wager, but one that Dolmar was happy enough to take. The marks were tucked away with a quick twist of the pouch, and then with a snap!—the same brown firelizard came popping from between to perch primly atop his person's shoulder. "Indeed." A smaller bronze would also be acceptable, he would concede if pressed. Or even, perhaps, a very large brown. That her terms came down to a minor difference, and not a claim that he would ride green or blue, well. It really only reaffirmed his assumption that he ought to get what he wanted.

"Should you win, send word to me for when you would like Half-Mark to...attend to one of your ladies. He's caught a green already, so I can assure you of his abilities to do at least that much." The dark brown tittered as if in agreement. A moment to sign the paper, and he let the brown scale down his arm to, ever so delicately, dip a claw into the ink and scrape it against the paper. It was...really just a smear of ink, but the brown seemed content with its efforts, pausing to trill at the gold firelizard before scuttling back up to his perch.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:16 pm
Damon sidled up to Shalaera when she had a moment to herself. "I hear your the betting type I would like to place a wager against one of the eggs from your current clutch if I may." He nodded respectfully at her, fiddling a little as he thought hard about his wager. " I wager that I will Impress a bronze."

He did not want to pick any egg in particular as the short hatching seemed to go well for him he didnt want to bet on any one egg in particular.  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Teiha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:19 pm
Three men from High Reaches were on their way through the commons as Shalaera announced the opening of her little “shop” – a tall auburn, a taller blond, and a much shorter brunet. The blond’s ears nearly twitched visibly at the sound of her call, and he turned aside to observe the bets that were being made. His companions paused, and he took the opportunity to drag them both over to the redheaded woman. “Your offer sounds very interesting, Miss. I’m Standing for the hatch, but I see no reason to pass up the opportunity to own a firelizard.” There was a wide grin on his face as he leaned on her table. Then, over the shoulder to his companions: “What color would suit me if I Impress, my brothers?”

“A green,” the auburn said without hesitation. “A quarter-mark says so.”

“We are not gambling,” said the brunet, his sharp eyes narrowing as he realized what this was all about. He and the blond looked at each other for a moment, the taller smirking a silent challenge. The brunet finally gave up and sighed. “A green, Ay’ril? Farin should rate at least a brown.”

Now blond Farinalgo’s lower lip jutted out in an expressive pout. “Not a bronze? Am I a lesser man than Ay’ril?”

“You couldn’t handle the rank and responsibility. Not to mention your ego would swell to the size of your dragon.”

Ay’ril shook his head. “Not so, A’myl. If he Impresses, he’ll be a Western rider. They don’t follow the traditional color rank.”

“Perhaps we should bet on whether or not he Impresses at all.”

“I’d prefer to hope for the best. Maybe he’ll Impress a…”

As Ay’ril and A’myl continued their debate in the background, Farinalgo turned back to Shalaera with a shrug. “Perhaps a blue then? I’ve always liked blue.”

Farinalgo bets that he'll Impress a blue!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:52 pm
When Half-Mark snapped between, Mele immediately bristled, hissing protectively around the delicate green that was practically stretched across the table. Shalaera nudged the back of his head gently. "Well, it certainly won't be for Laena." If it wasn't clear from how possessive and clingy her blue was, the little green was very much spoken for.

As Half-Mark trilled at her, Salia perked up on Shalaera's shoulders, flaring her wings out as she leaned, practically balancing, forward to investigate. Shalaera nudged the gold with the side of her head. "It will be for her," she stated simply as she added her own signature to the bet, then offered it up to Dolmar. "Bring it to me when the Hatching is over...assuming you have time for me."

A newly hatched dragon was a lot of work, after all.

ShinosBee

When Damon approached her little table, Shalaera took a moment to look him over. "A bronze, hmm? Very well..." she drummed her fingers on his chin, nodding thoughtfully. "I will bet you will impress the bright green egg." she replied in turn.

"A green egg for the equivalent marks. If we are both right - and that egg if a bronze - neither of us win. Do you accept these terms?"

Shalaera has bet that Damon will impress The Hellhound.

Aukai Oceansoul

As the siblings took their spot at her table, Shalaera looked between them as they each made their assessment, nodding slowly as each shared a piece of their opinion.

"A firelizard from which mother?" she inquired, gesturing between the green Laena and the golden Salia on her shoulder. "For equivalent marks, I will bet you impress a brown."

Shalaera bets Farinalgo will impress a brown.

Teiha

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:31 pm
Damon nodded his assent. "I deem these terms more than fair. He may not get a fire lizard egg out of the deal but he hoped that he did impress as every candidate did. He didnt care which color as any dragon would suit him. The bright green egg had looked rather fetching after all, fitting in with his oste tacious nature. He had rather liked the black werewolf egg too because it was so excited to be itself. He grinned widely and offered his hand for a shake. "Thank you for this opportunity."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:35 pm
Varinia had heard of a woman who was taking bets about the current clutch on the sands. "I'll test my luck." She said as she joined the group that had been coming and going from the woman. "I bet that the Goblin will be the first to hatch, and will impress a boy!" Vari knew the goblin was eager to hatch so perhaps it was a good bet. "I'd like an egg from your current clutch."  

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

Waiver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:09 pm
Ameliah was delivering firestone in Western and it seemed they were close to a Hatching. She had a soft spot for such events – her own Impression had been unexpected circumstances and she did so enjoy watching them. High Reaches' last Hatching had been a dramatic affair and from she'd heard of the Touching, the Candidates would be a guaranteed source of tension in this next Hatching.

The rumours that circulated were something she found herself having to bite her tongue over – the lack of decorum was disappointing. If any Candidates had pulled the stunts that had happened here at High Reaches, they would have been barred from Standing if not ejected entirely. Even though she disliked much of her home Weyr's politics, discipline among the Candidates was not something she disagreed with.

Having decided to stay for a few days to watch the Hatching, Ameliah was strolling through the Weyrbowl when she noticed a gold dragon drift over, look over everyone's shoulders and then stroll off with a satisfied expression. That was enough to catch her curiosity and she drifted closer to investigate.

Still covered in soot and dirt, the goldrider looked like she'd walked directly out of the mines when she eased in amongst the rest. Betting? That so? She'd had a look at the eggs from the stands and she was interested in guessing.

“Shalaera you said? I'll try my hand at your game – for an egg from your green clutch. I bet you that the Siren Egg will be among the first three eggs to hatch and the gargoyle egg among the last 3.” She set a hand on the table and leaned forward with a grin, “What's your counter claim?”

Ameliah bets the Siren Egg will be among the first three eggs to hatch and the gargoyle egg among the last three  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff