Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands
[PRP] Annual Sibling Update (Amagada/Hadharani)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Sky Festival was always a time for reflection, but this year Amagada was feeling especially pensive. And defensive. She had swatted away the bird companion who'd been shoved on her some years prior so that she could have some semblance of privacy while she spoke with her brother; she'd disliked the raven on principle from the very beginning, always suspecting that he was simply a spy for the wanidatsi, never trusting that Ojha didn't report on her and her clan's activities. Not that they had ever done anything objectionable - Wolf Clan generally seemed to be the cause of the most trouble - but it was the principle of the thing.

And this Festival, the Mantis alu'nadi was feeling particularly sensitive. The lions of her clan were supposed to be the strength of the Ela'wadiyi, the warriors of the pride (not that they had been needed in untold years), and they had a grand total of one lion participating in this year's Sky Ceremony. Worse still, her daughter Gosdaya had been forced to sit out for another year, and the poor dear felt terrible about it. It had always been her dream to win, but she had twice entered and failed, then the third time had taken ill, and this year had trained too strenuously and pulled her shoulder. She was usually a cheerful girl, and Amagada had never seen her so down.

She would have done anything to fix it for her, but alas, there was no magical remedy, only time. Perhaps next year would be her year. A mother could hope. Ama let out a sigh and waited. It would be good to see Hadharani again. The older she got, the more once or twice a year didn't seem often enough.

demon_pachabel
one thing!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

He had watched in the past few years for the lioness that his sister called daughter in the Sky Ceremony, and each year was told in great detail as to why she had not been able to participate. This year, after watching as much as he had of the rounds, Hadharani was prepared for more of the same. Not that he would have ever blamed Amagada for her frustrations. It was part of parenthood, perhaps, though he himself didn't understand much more than being an uncle. Not that he was ever in a rush to be much else.

But he also hoped for better news than his simple observations as he made his way towards the familiar meeting place where the siblings met at each year's festival. It wasn't often that he had much to report on; life mostly came and went for Hadharani who was in no rush to find much more purpose than he already had in the companionship of his clan, and the love of his family - no matter how scattered it seemed at times. Still, he didn't move quite as quickly anymore as age slowly crept up on him.

At least my joints don't hurt he thought to himself as he spotted the familiar lioness off in the distance, moving just a little quicker to meet her with a fond bump of his head against hers. "Amagada. Is Gosdaya well? I didn't see her..."

Meepfur

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:37 pm
Ama brightened at the welcome sight of her brother, and ducked her head to receive and return the soft thmp of greeting. She then shook her head with a wry smile at his question. "She tried to roll Etawa a few days ago, but she rolled her shoulder instead." It had been a silly move to try on her heavier older brother, who, while he lacked in interest in sparring, was exceptionally good at not going anywhere, after spending his entire life staring up at the sky daydreaming. "She wanted to enter anyway, but I couldn't let her. Clan pride isn't worth doing herself permanent damage."

She'd considered entering herself, as she had the last time Gosdaya had actually competed, but she'd heeded her own advice and chosen not to. An alu'nadi competing was a bit awkward in the first place, and, well, the tournament was better left to those younger than she. She just needed to convince more of the younger Mantis to have a little clan pride, apparently. "She's sulking, but she'll be fine. Sagonige's dragged her off to get a look at our newest members."

A few of them had been sorted into Mantis, as it happened, but her grulla daughter's interest was always in new males specifically, although she had yet to find one to settle down with. She was as finicky as Gosdaya was enthusiastic.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:15 pm
"Clearly her plan is to make all of her competition let their guard down by the time she gets to compete," he said lightly, mostly in jest. "But she is doing well on recovering now?" while he may have had a few jokes inside of him, there was also concern for his niece. Ama hadn't given any indication that she was too worried about the physical wound, so outside of some injured pride and a dose of stubbornness, he had to assume she was holding up well.

And it sounded like she was already being dragged on adventures.

"Ah. Sounds like she's still preferring some hopefully new company then?" he mused. A little particular, that one, but if one was bound for life, there was no reason to fault it. "Any new faces I've missed in the last few months? I certainly have no exciting updates. I have survived, still haven't settled down with anybody. Same as always."

Meepfur

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:18 am
"They'll never see it coming," she said with a soft snort of amusement. Hopefully, once Gosdaya actually got to compete again, she'd look back on her two missed opportunities with more humor. "As long as she doesn't try anything too strenuous, she'll be alright soon enough."

"She keeps looking, but no one ever quite suits." The dark lioness shook her head. At this rate, she was more likely to have more children than she was to have more grandchildren. "Just the usual influx from the Tree Ceremony, they look respectable enough."

Ama chuckled. "You're as bad as the children. Maybe you should go with the girls to see what new blood we've gotten."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:32 am
"You'll have to place a strenuous activity ban for the month before the Ceremony next year so she doesn't accidentally do it again," he suggested, only half joking. "Maybe have someone sit on her if she protests too much."

He faked a look of offense at Ama's suggestion that he perhaps needed to start investigating the new faces of the pride to find a nice girl to settle down with, before he started to laugh. "I'm in no rush. The newcomers aren't joining to catch my eye, after all," he mused, though he was certain many joined simply to find a safe place to settle with a new family - or to start one.

"No, I can wait."

Meepfur

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:50 am
"No strenuous activity for a month, and no eating within a day before." Ama huffed out a little laugh. She didn't know for certain that that was why Gosdaya had been sick the year before, but it seemed likely. It wouldn't have been just nerves, not with her.

"If you wait too long, you might get to an age where you won't catch anyone's eye," she teased, flopping down and making herself comfortable while they chatted. "Surely there's someone among the clans who's...similarly middle-aged." Which was profoundly difficult to say with a straight face, but she did her best.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:59 am
"You mean old?" Hadharani perhaps was making a stretch to claim he was an old man at this stage of his life, but he certainly wasn't as spry as many lions seemed to be now. Which perhaps was for the better. As Ama settled in, he too laid down, stretching his legs out in front of him. "I have plenty of time. And it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if I simply went single my entire life, would it?"

He had Ama's children to enjoy through stories a few times a year, though maybe that would soon not be often enough.

"That made me sound pretty old, didn't it?"

Meepfur

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:31 pm
"But if you stay single forever, I'll never have the joy of listening to you gripe about the headaches of parenthood!" And maybe, just possibly, because there wasn't much 'old' blood left in the pride these days, and because she'd enjoy being an aunt.

"Not as old as your joints creaking just then made you sound," Amagada suggested cheerfully, although neither one of them had creaked as they settled themselves. She'd started joking about her age as soon as she'd had grandchildren, and they were quite grown by now. Old enough that she could, theoretically have grown great-grandchildren, although she did not. Taking their sweet time to settle down was a common Atadiusti family trait, apparently.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:00 pm
The headaches of parenthood. Hadharani laughed at the notion. "Well you won't be able to hear much of it when there is so much time between when I can tell you how things are going. You'll miss all the good tidbits!"

"Oh yes, my old creaky bones. I'm not gonna be able to keep up with kids with how much noise these legs of mine make," he chuckled. "I'll find someone in time, Ama. Then maybe you won't have to worry about me being old and alone."

Meepfur

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:00 pm
"Mm, I'll just have to make sure that we happen to, just by chance, migrate in the general direction of the Bird Clan - or whatever clan you wind up with. Oh, there's an idea!" Ama lit up with an impish grin. "I'll just make sure everyone in Mantis knows what an eligible brother I have, and before you know it, you'll be in my clan." She wouldn't, really, but it would be awfully convenient if he were to end up in Mantis with the rest of the family. The odds were probably against it, though.

"Hard to sneak up on anyone when you make as much noise as we do," she commiserated dramatically, although the humor was tempered when she nodded at his next statement. "Good. Mother would be upset with us both if that happened." Off in the beyond, or whatever you wanted to call it, but still.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:13 pm
"Oh goodness. You'd have lionesses lined up at my door, and me without any way to entertain," he laughed at the notion, though he knew it was just as unlikely that things would align that way. It would have perhaps been nice to see Ama and her young ones more often, but sometimes the fates weren't so kind. Plus it would have required him to have made more conscious efforts to settle down.

"Oh yes, have to make all the youngins go hunting because we sound like someone is banging two skeletons together when we approach," he jested in turn. Certainly, he'd still be hunting for some time yet, he just would take his aging gracefully as well. "Oh yes. I'm sure she would be. She'll just haunt me until I find a nice lioness to settle down with."

Meepfur

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:59 pm
"No trained birds for you yet? You could amuse them with clever tricks!" Ama suggested with a laugh. Oh, she was no fan of her bird, but they did have their uses. She would simply have preferred to have chosen her own, rather than being stuck with Ojha without so much as a 'by your leave.' She suspected he was no more thrilled with the partnership than she was.

"Another use for children," she pointed out. Not that she had to do much hunting herself, as she was not a huntress but the alu'nadi, but she still went out with hunting parties occasionally. "And being haunted is a fate you should like to avoid, I'd think!"

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:29 pm
Oh, it was flattering that Ama thought he'd have any interesting tricks. Hadharani was hardly the most charming lion in the entire pride. Probably not even in the top 10, especially at his age. "No birds at all. Goodness, I don't think I even know enough jokes to get some laughs that haven't been heard too many times before." And these kids nowadays had a lot of jokes they could go with.

Having kids to hunt for him sounded like a very selfish prospect. "So I should have a bunch of miniature servants to wait on me hand and foot, hmm?" he meant it jokingly, of course, but that sounded highly unlikely as well. "Mother can stop rolling over in her grave when I find a lady who actually thinks she'd be able to tolerate me."

Meepfur

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas