Discord log with Hasira (*Greenie) and Valla (Me)

User ImageUser Image

Quote:
It had been a few weeks since the dramatic birth and funeral. With the day of mourning over with the pride had moved on as a whole from the negative, instead electing to focus on the exciting news of cubs. Though they were still far too young to join the pride properly, having just barely opened their eyes for the first time a few days ago, there was a happy buzz around the pride.

Even the disapproving traditionalists seemed to have lightened up on their views.

Without news of another lioness that was expecting Valla had been given a break from her normal duties. Once again she had gone into a transformation from the calming, wise elder of the pride who was entrusted with the safety of others, to the strange lioness who had extremely eccentric views on the world.

She was use to it. Not even her own children could understand the true meaning behind half of the things she did! Though they loved her all the same she could respect that she frankly weirded them out, and that there was only so much they could take of her at a time.

...Except one. Ever since the birth Valla had developed a shadow following her around whenever she was making her rounds around the pride's main township.

Not that she particularly minded, but Valla couldn't help but wish she would come clean with what she wanted.

Quote:
The curious bridge between life and death had taken to Hasira. Never before had she been involved with the birthing process and nor had she shown any interest, but with all that had happened she was interested now.

"Valla, can I join you on your rounds again today?" The lioness had been uncharacteristically shy around Valla. Usually loud and filled with obvious confidence she was now quiet and very aware that others might be seeing the interest. Sira hadn't intended to hide her reasoning for being with the lioness, but it had come to mind that she didn't truly bring up her reasons. "Have you checked on Seida and her cubs yet?" Mti was a constant precense in that den so she assumed Seida would never be alone, or very rarely. Especially following the very tragic, but beautiful funeral.

"I mean of course you probably have." She shook her head slowly. "You're very good at all of this." Sira admitted casually and in a tone that suggested that she may never be able to compare. "I just don't want a lioness, any one, to be alone. I never realized the struggles of pregnancy and motherhood." Her abrupt and blunt personality seemed to have perished and been reborn into something much more kind and understanding - not a process that happened over night, but instead one that had been groomed during Seidas pregnancy and witnessing what everyone involved with had been going through.

Quote:
Ah, it would seem Hasira was right on cue as usual. This whole affair had become some sort of routine for the two lionesses, to the point where Valla actually expected the younger female to join her, and thus didn't fully begin her rounds until she had her familiar shadow. With a warm smile and slight nod of her head in acknowledgement Valla set off deeper into the township to begin her work for the daily, knowing full well that Sira would follow. "Really dear there's no need for you to go through the formality of ask my permission to come along, you know you are always welcome." She remarked, her eyes quickly glancing behind her.

She could see something had changed within the younger lionesses even in the short amount of time personally knowing her. Though one could argue she was still the fiery, passionate, and lively person she was before now that energy seemed to be culled into a much tamer shell. One that might seem quieter, but simply had her passion redirected into a more...productive outlet.

With a short chuckle she shook her head slightly at Sira's babbling. "No, not yet today. The cubs and her are doing healthy enough that I only need to have a nightly check up." With a mild smile she tilted her head to the side, her eyes scanning the crowd for any sign of distress. "If there was an emergency I'm damn near sure Throek would shut the whole pride down on red alert." She mused.
Still her concern for her friend was admirable, and as she had shown in the past few weeks it appeared that she had the certain touch of compassion and general drive to make sure those around her were doing well as was necessary in her field of work. "As are you, Hasira. Don't sell yourself short, even in the few weeks you have studied under me you have shown great strides."

There was a pause as she stopped in her tracks, her head craning to look at her dead on. It was a silly question giving Sira's recent behavior, but still one that needed to be addressed if she was to formally take the girl under her wing. If she wasn't going to have the nerve to as her there was no sense in Valla not giving her a gentle nudge in the right direction.

"Have you thought about the possibility of taking up the role?"

Quote:
The formality still felt right, even as Valla whisked it away like nothing. How could she not have asked? Though eventually the pair had become inseparable when it came to Vallas work - perhaps it was just simply obvious. "I know, but I'd have to bring it up eventually." The blunt behavior was common between her and Seida. She needed things laid out before her like that to make sure she knew where she stood.

"They are doing that well?" Hasira couldn't help, but gasp. She had automatically assumed that any lioness with cubs would need a morning and nightly visit, but as soon as she thought about it she realized how silly that might be. No need to bother a new mother unnecessarily - especially when the litter is directly related to someone of influence. "True." She remarked. Throek, though she had only known him shortly, was a family focused individual. When Rahisi had passed that shone through even more so, perhaps one of his best qualities that had been bestowed upon Jua. A small smile tugged at the corner of her lips as she thought of Jua.

"Wow. Thank you." She was taken aback by the positive feed back and grew bashful looking. "If my Mother could see me now." She chuckled at her own personal thoughts. Their caravan had medically trained individuals, she had just never thought herself as one of them at all. Her mother would have been so proud to see her daughter growing into a fine and productive lioness.

"YES!"

The excitement startled even her. Her eyes widened and she cringed slightly. After a few moments of silence, dreading speaking again, she tried it over. "Yes, Valla, I would love to take up this role." The calmer speech made her feel a little bit more relaxed which extended to her shoulders that had been tightened up, but now eased themselves down again.

Quote:
With a low chuckle Valla could only shake her head in amusement at Sira's curious inquires. Ah, how she had much to learn. In time she'd develope the natural mid-wife's instinct on when a mother needed perhaps a bit more hovering and tending to than others, but for now Sira was still in a common over-worrying phase of her training. It would be up to Valla to reign in her apprentice and ensure that she didn't go making a death sentence over a cough.

The pride really didn't need another mishap like Valla's early days in the medical field. The council might ban the rank outright if there was!

"Aye. It's more natural to allow the new mother and her children space and time to themselves. After all if we were rogues we'd be in isolation during this time in our lives." She explained with a confidant nod. Valla was always a bigger fan of the naturalist approach. Though she knew that there were times when other pride members simply had to step in for the good of mother and cubs, she tried to keep her interference to a minimum. "With the cub's immune systems not as strong right now it's best not to bring in any outside germs if it's not necessary."

A proud grin tugged at the corner of her muzzle. "She can see you in spirit, I'm sure that she is absolutely beaming with pride." Much as she was at the moment for her young student!
Her eyes widened as her ears flicked back briefly out of surprise. She had expected a reply, but she hadn't been expecting to be shouted at! Her expression once again relaxed into it's normal mild smile as she closed the distance between the two. "I'm so glad to hear that! Here I thought I would perhaps have to try to convince you of your promising future in the field." She jested.

Bringing up a paw she gently set it on Sira's shoulders as a sign of reassurance. "I'm not going to lie to you, Sira. This job will hold a lot of responsibility once I'm gone as I will be training you as my replacement. This will take years for you to become trained enough to be on your own. It's not going to be easy, and some days you're most likely going to hate me, but it will be extremely rewarding."

A pause settled between the two.

"I want to ask you again, are you sure you want to pursue this?"

Quote:
Hasira turned to a more serious expression as the conversation became more about teaching than her questions. She was keenly aware of the way Valla spoke on the matter and found herself scratching the ground softly along with the tune of her voice as she etched the information to memory. "That makes sense." She regarded the lioness as she finished speaking with a warm smile. "Keeping free from the den allows the cubs a safe zone unless we absolutely need to step in." Siras expression turned proud as she repeated the lesson to her mentor. The expression quickly changed to that of embaressed pride as her mother was mentioned. "Thank you, Valla." She spoke quietly all of a sudden while she collected herself. "She would have loved to meet you." The admittance brought a glimmer to the lioness' eye suggesting tears would fall, but she fought them off quickly.

The surprised look received wasn't what she had expected and Hasira half thought the question wasn't a question at all. Perhaps she had misunderstood, but then the answer was well received. Her eagerness returned in light of the response and she was all smiles once again. "If you understood how Poseida and I were raised than I believe you would understand that we are prepared to take on a burden such as this. Jobs that require taking on a burden are always the most rewarding." The pride that had faded returned to her once again. Hard work wasn't something she shied away from - although she was a loud mouth she could back herself up. She never lied, never felt the need too and she was always prepared to stand for what she believed in. Especially a career path.

"I accept the responsibility that will be bestowed upon me." She wanted to add on that it'd be due to the lioness' death, but decided to leave that bit out. "I'm happy to accept this role. So long as you're willing to teach me." She admitted a little bashfully.

Quote:
A silent nod was the only response that Valla granted to Sira's skillful observations. Already she was grasping vital knowledge. Good, she'd certainly need that skill in the upcoming future. When Valla's time to pass onto the great beyond had come and Sira was left on her own it would be little tid-bits like the previous that could be life savers down the line.

Valla's face morphed into a concerned, yet understanding gaze. The girl had already lost so much, and had been through so many sudden changes. It was astonishing to think that in just a few short months all of their lives had been drastically shaken to the core. Throek, Jua, and his children had lost a mate and mother, Valla lost a good friend and came face-to-face with her own mortality, and last but certainly not least Sira and Poseida had lost well...everything.
Sira and Poseida had lost well...everything.

Before she could even register what was happening her body was already moving forward. Her head lightly wrapped around Sira's neck in a comforting hug as she pressed her body close to the younger lioness. "I'm honored that I get to know her and all of your previous pride through you. They must have been wonderful people to raise a child like yourself" She whispered warmly, her tone being similar to the same one that she often used on her own children when they needed reassurance and support.

Lifting her head from Sira's neck Valla beamed a smile down. There was little doubt in her mind that Sira wouldn't accept her offer, but hearing the confirmation did lift her spirits. "I'll teach you and be there for support until the day I return to the Earth. That's a promise."

Quote:
If she had any tears left she would have cried them right then and there, but it seemed that everyday had been filled with tears whether sad or happy. The feeling of warmth pressed against her brought back so many memories that only grew in strength as she closed her eyes. When she opened them again her view was filled with that of a familiar pale pelt.

"They were wonderful." She admitted as she leaned further into the warmth of the hug. "They filled my life with so much love and laughter." Her voice carried on though her soul weeped. "I love and miss them." She finally whispered softly. Hasira closed her eyes once more as they found what little she had left for tears and allowed them to fall in silence for her lost loved ones. Still shaken to the core about such a tragedy she wasn't surprised that her body willed more tears.

"I look forward to learning from you." She met the eyes of her mentor eagerly and with confidence. Foundations were laid between them, she could feel the strength of their relationship. If she had any choice in the matter she'd say that Valla had simply adopted the place of her mother where she had none. She'd never forget her mother, but she was so very thankful for having met Valla.

"What do we do now?" Was her simple question.

Quote:
Oh boy, what had this girl done? Already Valla could feel that her energy had been out of wack - course all of their's was - but this set her over the edge. A soft sniffle broke from her as she struggled to keep in her tears as she respectively stood silent as Poseida sang her family's praises. Her heart wept, her soul wept, hell if her chakras could they'd even be crying! All she could do at this point was focus on sending positive, supporting energy to Sira. She had to be strong during this, she had to be.

But oh sweet summer child Sira certainly did not make it easy to keep her composer.

With a deep breath in Valla strained to keep her smile through the new found onslaught of tears threatening to spill from her eyes. She certainly didn't want to replace Sira's mother, nor any member of her family in any way. But with a silent vow she promised for their sake to ensure that their daughter, and now her unofficially adopted one, would be happy and taken care of.

It was the least that she could do.

With a low chuckle Valla's head shook as she stepped back from Sira finally. Flopping onto her rump her paws swiftly shot up to rub away the messy tears globbering down her face. "Now," She began with another sniffle escaping from her, "We're going to do the same thing we do every day; be the first line of defense for the future of this family."

Quote:
The silent sobs between the pair of them had a bonding effect that left Sira feeling sated with their relationship. She felt in tune with what was going on and happily endured the memories of her family with Valla in sight. They wouldn't soon be forgotten, but Hasira would admit to having suppressed some memories that were just to hard to think bout.

With all of that in mind she was happy to hear Valla speak again providing an answer to her question. "Sounds good." She remarked and wiped away her own tears that had silently continued to flow.