Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Pridelands
[PRP] meet and greets (Magomvi x Amavasya)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:47 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This pride was just like his old home, just on a much more grander scale. In fact, he had met some cousins in the small time he was here. Magomvi was excited for that. During their journey, he and his two identical siblings would discuss what life would be like now that their pride was gone. In reality, nothing had changed other than the landscape. The three had settled in quite nicely, and had started to separate themselves from each other for the purposes of scouting the lands. Six eyes were always better than two, and when they'd meet up later in the evening, they would discuss what they had seen, landmarks to notate and so forth.

Today, Magomvi was headed on the south side of the pride. "There a tree to the left of the waterhole." He murmured, eyes staring at his location. That was what Asikari told him at least. He was sure his brother's description of what he saw was correct...just, maybe he needed to be a bit more specific? Shaking his head, the brown lion sat. He could take a break.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:42 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Amavasya felt like her life was stuck in an endless loop. In as large and bustling a pride as the Pridelands, monotony shouldn't have been possible, but it was. It was her own fault, for the most part: there were a lot of things she could do but didn't, preferring to stick to what had become habit and routine. It was simple, didn't require much thought, and it was just...it was just easier. It had been easier ever since her twin had left, to just continue to function on a fairly basic level as opposed to actually dealing with the loss. Without Amavasi, she hadn't known who she was anymore, and the prospect of having to find out had been terrifying. So she never had, and ultimately, it was that shadow of a person that she had become, and stayed.

She was quiet, dutiful, reliable. A good Scout, and that was all. Beyond that, she was just...there. A part of her was restless with unrealized discontent, but it was far smaller than the hole her twin had left, and easy to brush off and ignore.

The spotted lioness had finished her patrol, which had begun well before sunrise, and now she was headed back in from the border. Perhaps she would eat a little something, if someone was generous enough to share, and go to sleep. Her schedule was consistently inconsistent, changing depending on who was assigned where and when, so sleeping while the sun was still bright in the sky was never a problem. And sleep was a welcome chance to not have to be for awhile.

KasaiLoki
she's...maybe slightly more depressed than I had anticipated. orz

Meepfur
Captain

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:06 pm
Meepfur
no worries n_n I may need to get some SRPs in to flesh out Mags some more haha

The lands were particularly quiet today. It was almost a complete one-eighty from when he and his siblings first arrived. Maybe it was due to the early morning hours? Normal lions would probably still be asleep right now.

His golden eyes scanned the area, still not spotting the waterhole Asi had mentioned. "Love you bro, but I think you are wrong this time." he muttered, rising to his feet. He caught sight of another nearby, coming from the borders. She seems to know where things are. Magomvi thought to himself, trotting slowly up to the darker lioness.

"Excuse me, miss!" his voice was deeper, matching his short, stocky form. "Is there any other water holes around here? My brother seems to have given me the wrong direction in mapping the pride, and well... I feel if I just start to wander it would ruin the work my sister, brother and I have started already." The lion stated, giving the female a small smile. "I don't think we realized how large this land actually was when we joined." He liked using the collective term ' we' when speaking. The triplets were always clumped together growing up as a group - not an individual. It was a hard habit to break.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:07 am
Brought back to full awareness by a request for assistance - which was an almost daily occurence, whether within the pride or out along the borders - Amavasya blinked dark eyes at the stocky male who asked after the proximity of watering holes. She herself was a leggy thing, trimly muscled from countless hours of loping across the terrain, and a touch on the thin side from not eating quite as much as she probably should.

"Several throughout the lands," she answered obligingly. "Were you looking for any one in particular?"

KasaiLoki

Meepfur
Captain

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:55 am
Meepfur

Magomvi shook his head. "He just mentioned he stopped at a waterhole, near a tree." The description was vague. "That's probably not a super helpful description," the male said, apologetically. "I'll probably just have to ask him later. If there are several, it would be hard to know where he stopped." The twin telepathy thing was definitely not up to par.

"I am Magomvi," the brown lion introduced. "Still relatively new here, trying to find our bearings." Well, he had been in the pride for a little while now, but hanging around near the heart of the pride. If he was going to be something other than a hunter one day, he would need to learn more about the pride. Knowing the territory was that first step.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:44 pm
"Not the most helpful, no," she acknowledged with a small quirk of a smile. "There are small ones here and there, depending on the season, but the largest by far is north and east of here. It's also the busiest, of course. There's a little waterfall a bit west of here, but obviously that's not the one he found." If he had, his description certainly would have included waterfall.

"Pleased to meet you, Magomvi," the dark lioness said with a polite dip of her head. "I'm Amavasya. If it makes you feel any better, everyone gets lost. I spend a lot of time giving directions."

KasaiLoki

Meepfur
Captain

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:48 pm
Meepfur

"Amavasya," he repeated, a smile on his maw. "That's a nice name." His shoulders seemed to relax a little when she said that everyone gets lost. "Actually, that makes me feel a lot better. You'd think with a set a triplets we would be able to navigate things a little better." He huffed just a little. "We will need to work on that I guess." Magomvi tutted.

"Oh? Are you then...a scout?" He had learned of different ranks in the pride. One day he may make a good scout. He had met a few nannies and found the majority of the pride were hunters and huntresses. It made since with how large the Pridelands were.

"Do you ever show anyone around? Or are you strictly a 'give directions kind of girl?'" Magomvi asked, alluding to the idea that maybe the darker female could show him. "I have never seen a waterfall before." He murmured additionally. The Kusini lands did not have such a landscape. Hills, forests, and two rivers. No waterfalls. He could take that information back to Asikari and Shujaa!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:39 am
The darkly-spotted lioness dipped her head in polite acknowledgement of the compliment to her name. That, too, was something she shared with her twin, but the days where she'd been mistaken for and called Amavasi were long gone. At mention of triplets, she flicked her ears forward in quiet interest and intrigue - she'd heard of triplets, but had never met any! They seemed a great deal rarer than twins, which were already uncommon. There might have been a flicker of jealousy alongside the curiosity in her black eyes, to be together...

She shoved the feelings down, and rather than encourage them by inquiring about his siblings, she nodded again, this time in answer. "Yes, I am."

"I can show you around, if you'd like." Amavasya caught the request that was not quite spoken, and didn't even think about not obliging it. She might be a little hungry and a little tired, but she didn't mind. It was still something to do, and part of her job. And her job was most of what she was. She turned her head and stepped to the west, postured in silent invitation for him to follow. "You haven't? Where are you from?"

KasaiLoki

Meepfur
Captain

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:04 am
Meepfur
If you like, we can start wrapping this one up, and maybe start another one? : )

Magomvi brightened at Amavasya's words. "I would love that, if...it's not too much trouble!" The male stated, quickly adding at the end. He did not know if the female just got off a patrol, or had other engagements that she needed to attend to, and here he was wanting a tour of the land that could really happen any time.

When she took a step, Magomvi took the invitation, stepping beside her.

Shaking his head, the former Kusini member spoke. "Nope. I am from the Kusini'Mwezi lands, about a three day journey from here. The land once flourished but now is barren, and most members have dispersed. Some stay in hopes to rekindle the pride again, but..." his voice faded slightly. He did not see that happening, but there was no way he would tell his uncle otherwise. Magomvi's shoulders rolled forward it a small shrug.

"The Pridelands are quite similar it seems so far. It definitely works well for us."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:13 pm
"Not at all," Amavasya assured him. Even if it had been, she likely wouldn't have said so, and acquiesced regardless, unless she had something truly pressing to attend to. Which was almost never.

"Oh, I've heard of the Kusini'Mwezi." Most Pridelanders had, given its proximity and the amount of bloodline-mixing that had occurred over the years between the two prides. Some of the groups new members came from were far-off or obscure, but not so the Kusini. "I'm sorry to hear it's...met with difficulties." It was a common enough story, sadly; the Pridelands had a number of refugees from prides that had died off or dispersed, or had simply failed to flourish.

"You should have plenty of family about, at any rate."

KasaiLoki
sounds good!

Meepfur
Captain

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:28 pm
Meepfur

Magomvi nodded just slightly. The pride never seemed to be the same (so he as told), after the Queen was murdered. One day he expected it to try and go back to its former glory, but he was sure he would not be a part of it. He had a new home here in the Pridelands. "Thank you," was his only response to it. What else could one say to that answer?

"Oh?" Well, that was exciting to hear. "We will have to scout around for them one day," the brown lion said with a smile, using the collective form for his siblings and himself.

As they continued to walk, the lion took in the land. He had not been to this portion of the pride before. He started to make a mental of everything, wanting to remember some little details to let his siblings know when he returned. He was most excited to see this waterfall that Amavasya spoke of! "Is this waterfall...far from here?" He inquired, occasionally glancing at the female as they walked.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:15 pm
"Finding them shouldn't be much trouble," Amavasya noted with a hint of humor. "They're not quite as prevalent as the descendants of Ahadi, but, well...matching that would be a difficult feat." For some reason, the royal line had always been incredibly...fertile, to put it politely. They'd never want for an heir, at least!

"Not especially," she answered as to his question about distance to their destination. Although 'far' was relative, especially when speaking to a Scout. "It's a pleasant walk, and if there's anything else you'd like to know, there's time to talk."

KasaiLoki

Meepfur
Captain

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:00 pm
Meepfur
Fin? : ) I'll start another rp for us soon! <3

Ahadi? The name was foreign to Magomvi. Perhaps it was a little bit of Pridelands history he did not know about? It would bring up for some conversation later.

"I think, Amavasya, you have opened a can of worms of if there was anything else I'd like to know." He chuckled as he walked. Being new, he had so many questions. This lioness knew a lot it seemed, and while Magomvi could figure things out on his own with his twins, sometimes it was just easier to ask.

For now though, the lion walked in silence next to the darker female, his mind building up some questions to inquire. He was content with the other's presence, and more so excited to see what this 'waterfall' was.  
[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games