Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:36 pm
User Image

It had been a couple days since the arrival of the Mwezi'Johari in the West House of the Tianxia and Kimondo was starting to feel more comfortable around here. Everybody was quite friendly, with most warming up to the visitors by now (at least tentatively) and so many of the artists here were enthusiastic about having a fresh audience. She was planning on doing her best to see and learn as much as she could while she was here, but there was a much more urgent matter on her mind.

There were a few conspicuous absences in the West House and she needed to find out why. Or rather, she needed to find out where they went because they were a major reason she made this trip herself. Nobody knew that yet, except perhaps her mother, but keeping secrets from a practiced seer was a difficult thing.

So she was away from the crowd, looking to find Alizeti and Ria so she could talk privately with them about it.

Safaia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"They're part of your old home...but you didn't see anyone you really wanted to talk with??'

The Lady of the West was in the middle of confronting her husband on how little he seemed to interact with the visiting pride that was his birth pride. She had known that he had almost no rank when she picked him as her husband, but it still seemed odd to her that he wasn't completely jumping for joy when the visit began.

"It was a different life, Ria. So many years ago." Alizeti had complex feelings on seeing familiar bodies, but few familiar faces. It sounded like Mwezi'Johari had changed a lot from when he left, and he didn't have much interest in reconnecting with it.

Ria wasn't thrilled with the answer she got, but she decided to just let it drop. He wasn't going anywhere, anyway. Even if he wanted to go back to Mwezi, she would have dragged him back to the west by his ears.

A guard appeared before the lady, informing her that it appeared the visiting royalty was looking for her. Or at least looking for something. As hostess, it was only polite to go find the Queen and see what it is she needed. With Alizeti following to her left, the Lady stepped out to look for Kimondo....only to see her already drawing close!

"Ah, Queen Kimondo," Ria called out, offering a soft bow of her head. "Did you need something?"  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:48 pm
Kimondo wasn't surprised to find Ria and Alizeti headed her way as she closed in on the area she expected to find them. It would be wise for them to keep an eye on the Mwezi'Johari and as their leader she was among the most noteworthy, if not suspicious.

"Lady Ria!" she called back, "And Lord Alizeti."

She smiled and approached them so she could speak quietly. Something about Alizeti's familiar face and markings made her want to fall back on more familiar and friendly speech patterns but Ria was a more complicated story. Clearly a stranger and yet clearly connected to so many lions Kimondo knew and cherished.. and one she didn't. So she stayed on edge.

"I was hoping to talk to you, actually," she said, "There's someone I was hoping to talk to but I can't find her."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:19 pm
Ria felt the pit of her stomach twist, just a bit. She wasn't an idiot; if she was, her father would have passed her over to have someone else take the reins of the house. She glanced towards Alizeti, who seemed to look just past Kimondo's head.

"Well, certainly this is something we can help with,' Ria replied. "How about we go within my quarters and you can let us know exactly who it is you're looking for?"

As Ria led the way (really, she was just returning from where they just were), she knew that she wasn't doing a great job masking the fact she had a good idea who the queen was looking for. Still, it was a private matter, and thus why she was withdrawing them to her private area.

Thick trees helped to block out much sound, guarding making sure that no prying eyes could get this deep within the forest. It was littered with pretty jewels, trinkets, and gifts from various members of Tianxia.

"What can we help you with, Kimondo?" Alizeti asked, being bold enough to drop her title; bold enough to emphasize that he kept his loyalty with Tianxia.  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:30 pm
Despite herself, she was surprised when Alizeti addressed her informally. It was altogether the most hostile incident after their sons glaring at the crowd of Mwezi'Johari from the edges when they had just arrived.. but she had to make peace with that. She had to be above it.

It brought her out of her curious glances around her at the trinkets and gifts kept safely away from the every day areas of the pride, and she focused back on what she had to do.

"I know Princess Selene and Lord Fuu survived Shangyue's attack," she said simply, her gaze starting on Alizeti but moving to rest on Ria, "There are only a few who know that, and that they live here now. I would like the opportunity to speak to them."

Was she shaking? Kimondo wasn't sure. She was nervous, though. At home, the Shaman could overrule her on certain matters but at the end of the night, she was the Queen and that came first. Politics at home could be annoying and stressful, but this was another beast. Selene clearly wanted to remain hidden, though Fuu could well have been hiding in plain sight for all Kimondo knew. So many of the Nobles fit what she imagined he looked like.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:08 pm
Ria did offer a bit of a glare at her husband; he was trying to create more of a rift between the two of them than she had realized. Perhaps there really was no love lost over his old pride. She had never thought to ask him about it, but now it was something she wanted to speak with him privately.

"You request to speak to my brother?" Ria answered, reminding the queen that she was asking a large favor of something that the Lady felt the queen did not need to know about. She knew that her limbs grew a bit tight, feeling tense on the thought of having her beloved brother and sister-in-law anywhere near those who would dare claim they still breathed. Alizeti placed a paw on Ria's own to soothe her, though the Lord wasn't pleased at this request at all.

"It is true that we assumed that you might know," Ria added. "Though to be confronted with it is another thing." Alizeti's heart and stomach grew tense, finally starting to realize how much loyalty he had towards Tianxia compared to Mwezi'Johari. Even he didn't realize how much he had come to distrust what was once home; the seed of that distrust beginning with the return of Fuu and Selene.

"Who else knows?" Alizeti asked, softer than when he had said Kimondo's name. "This is something we will fiercely protect; regicide is a grave transgression that is impossible to simply forgive and forget."  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:27 pm
Alizeti's evident distrust was a complete surprise and Kimondo didn't immediately know how to deal with it. She had such high expectations of Kamia's uncle.. but they deserved this. This was Shangyue's fault, and they had allowed Shangyue to reign for years before they finally came together to overthrow him.. and Selene and Fuu were here the whole time, so they knew just how long it took. And what viciousness the pride was dealing with.

"Sir Meshach visited once, but he's not the one who told me first," Kimondo answered, looking at Alizeti and addressing what she guessed might be his first thought, "Our rebellion leaders have known for some time, too. Ota, my mother, is the one who told me. Kamia, your sister Sarhna's daughter, is the other. They're both seers."

Faced with such an accusation, she was surprised to find standing her ground was suddenly easier.

"Believe me, we have not forgotten," she said, "Shangyue died for what he did. As hard as it may be for you to see us, Lord Alizeti, it's hard for some of us to see them."

She glanced at Ria. The Tianxia would naturally blame the Mwezi for what happened to Fuu, but there would always be some part of every Mwezi who wondered what Fuu had brought to them. His son looked so much like him, like these West House Nobles.

"I don't mean them any harm," she said, "But, if they are willing, I would like to speak privately with them."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:10 pm
This was a meeting that was not going well. Alizeti was oozing more poison in his words than he initially meant to; but to have to deal with delayed emotions of knowing what had happened years ago to Fuu and Selene...well. He had outlived a few of the Mwezi's leaders, so to see another one here felt strange. Almost as if it was a curse to carry the role of being leader of the Great Lion's worshippers. But to feel like that curse happened because he accepted a proposal here...angered him. Made him wonder if the Great Lion betrayed him for leaving his home, even if it was meant to strengthen bonds.

Ria did not miss the verbal slap against her. To insinuate that her coat, her family's coat, was a mark of shame to the Mwezi was infuriating. She would do her best to not pounce on this; was Kimondo baiting for something more?

"Although you are our guests, Queen Kimondo, I will not ask my family to hide themselves." The Lady cleared her throat, and offered a nod to the white lioness; Alizeti merely stood silently next to his wife.

"I will send word to them, to see if they wish to speak to you. But I ask, do not look for them; they are not within the West's lands at the moment."  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:27 pm
Kimondo could feel the tension rise the moment she mentioned that the Mwezi were struggling in their own way, too. It was too late to take it back and considering how poorly prepared for this she now felt, she doubted there was much she could say to smooth it over. She was simply trying to be honest but the real truth was that she was still young and still learning. Unlike Ria, she hadn't been doing this since she was small and unlike both Lord and Lady, she hadn't been doing this very long.

There was no time to respond to the remark about hiding her family, so Kimondo simply had to let it go. She meant what she said, seeing so much of Shangyue's family here was strange and somewhat unnerving.. but they lived with it every day at home. Yueyun, Shida, Antara and Nketa were all evidence of that, but they were not here. They may not even have really been noticed yet.

Thinking of Antara and Nketa made her stomach twist painfully.

"Thank you," she said, "Please tell them I will respect their wishes if they don't want to talk to me, and .. that their secret is safe with those of us who know."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:41 pm
There was something to be said about Ria actually holding herself back. She had started to mature only after her children were born...but even then, there was a streak of her that was too much like her father. A reminder of that impulsiveness ever present on her heir's face. At least this time she didn't slap a queen.

"I will be sure to pass those words along," she replied with another small nod. Just enough to be polite, but it was not as deep as the initial greeting. Ria realized just how naive Kimondo could be; to throw an insult when far away from home...foolish. Ria did not have the army of the North, but that did not mean she didn't have her own strong, if small, force to keep the West safe.

"We will send for you once we receive word back; regardless of the answer." She would also make sure that the guards would be thicker once that happened. Ria would not assume that everyone Kimondo brought didn't sympathize with the dead Shangyue.  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:50 pm
"Thank you."

Already having overstayed her welcome by a longshot, Kimondo was grateful to get back out of there. She didn't hesitate to see herself out of their secluded den, knowing they (thankfully) wouldn't be eager to see her out and that there would be guards not far out so it wouldn't be a problem. Still, for the first time since she arrived, she felt uncomfortable.. but she persisted.

She had to talk to Selene. She had to hold onto hope that it could still happen. She had to.

It was going to be a long wait to hear back from wherever the two missing lions had hidden themselves away.

Fin!  
[IC] Tianxia Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff