Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands
[PRP] To Win Her Favor (Rive x Onwa'ohuru)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If there was one thing that all of the rumors had proved thus far to be true, it was that Nyeusi was one damnably difficult lioness. There was no logic or reason behind it that he could gather, apart from him waking her from what was apparently a very rare nap, and he was thus far at a loss as to how he might win her favor long enough to pick at her brain. Why was it so hard to get her to talk to him about something that she apparently raved about to anyone else?

With a sigh on his tongue, he set out for the border, where the same pride members that eyed him askew for his pursuit of Nyeusi had said he might be able to find one of her cubs (now an adolescent) practicing. After speaking with her sister, he still wasn't sure anyone in her family could give him a damn bit of advice on how to deal with her apart from don't wake her up from a nap but he had to hope that there was someone, anyone, that had a better approach. And if not, maybe buttering up one of the cubs would earn him some of her good graces?

In the distance and the early twilight, he thought he could make out a figure as he approached. Being as pale as he was, he knew he was unlikely to surprise anyone even at dusk, but he still thought it best to greet them before he got too close -

"Excuse me, are you Onwa'ohuru?"  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:44 pm
ONWA'OHURU

"Eeeek!" The solid black adolescent lioness was utterly surprised by the unexpected words and lost her balance, falling over onto her side. Scrambling back to her paws, Onwa'ohuru turned to see an older and unfamiliar white and blue lion coming towards her.

He didn't look familiar or like anyone else in the pride, so she could guess that he was new or something. Although he, like all adults, was probably a better Hunter than she.

"Um, yes?" the lioness replied, blinking at the stranger in confusion. "I don't think I have more lessons today?" she asked hesitantly. It wouldn't be the first time the adolescent had forgotten, and it wouldn't be the last.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:18 pm
A small, amused smile pulled at Rive's maw but he did his best not to appear as if he was mocking her. He wasn't sure what he had expected of Nyeusi's daughter but the polite, if somewhat clumsy, adolescent that stood before him was absolutely not it.

"I'm sorry," he managed, dipping his head in what he hoped was his best, polite greeting, "I did not mean to startle you. I'm not here about lessons, some of the other pride members told me you might be out here." He paused then, hesitating over something that was dancing on the tip of his tongue, suddenly unsure of himself and this peculiar task he was on. He just felt like he needed to speak with Nyeusi, it had to be the reason he had been guided to this pride, and if she was going to be stubborn, then, well -

"I was actually hoping to talk to you about your mother? She seems very upset with me."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:23 pm
"Mom?" Onwa blinked rapidly as she tried to figure out what was going on. No one had ever come to her before seeking her mother. Then he continued by mentioning that Nyeusi seemed upset with him.

"Oh, you're that lion? The one that woke her up? She was reeeeeeeally mad about that and was telling us all about it!" According to Nyeusi, it had been the nicest nap she'd enjoyed since before Onwa and her siblings were born. And the lion in front of the black adolescent was the one who'd woken her up.

"But why do you want to talk to Mom?" the lioness asked curiously.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:46 pm
She had told her cubs? Rive groaned outwardly and sat down right where he stood, too frustrated to really be bothered anymore. If she was so upset that she had ranted about it after they had already parted ways then he had definitely messed up. It was lucky he'd chosen this route, he thought.

"Yes, that lion," he said on a sigh, "and I honestly just want to talk to her about the Great Lion? She seems to think that my inquiries were an attempt at mockery though and refused. You and her sister both seem to think that it's because I woke her up from a nap but -"

He frowned and cut off his sentence, shaking his head as he frowned.

"Has the pride really been so unkind to her over her beliefs?"

Then, at once, he seemed to realize that he was not speaking to an adult - nearly so, that was true, but he did not want to trouble her with his ponderings. Maybe this cub had never even seen the things that most of the pride members believed of her? Unlikely, since so few knew how to hide their emotions, but still possible if they were trying to be kind to a cub.

"Forgive me, that's not why I'm here. I just really want to speak to her and I need to figure out a way to convince her that I am not intending to mock her, nor am I trying to throw my weight around about who I was before I came to this pride. I am truly and honestly just interested in talking with her."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:51 pm
Onwa'ohuru watched and listened as the lion spoke. He said he wanted to talk about the Great Lion with Mom, which didn't seem right. Shouldn't he be asking a Priest or Priestess about that? Then he stopped himself and seemed to start over. The lioness considered what she knew.

"Well, Aunt Iki and Grandma and Grandpa have said some stuff about what happened when Shangyue was in charge, but I don't really know that much about it," Onwa admitted to the lion. "But I don't know if any of that would help you talk to Mom."

"Sometimes Mom gets mad at us too and yells and says it's not right for children of the Great Lion to behave that way and we shame the pride, but then she apologizes for yelling and snuggles with us," the lioness offered. "I think she was just mad because she hates being woken up."  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:14 pm
Rive did his very best not to let his face give away his surprise when she said that her mother called her and her siblings children of the Great Lion. Was that a peculiar bit of phrasing that he had yet to hear? Thinking better of drilling a young heart for more information than he suspected she had, he just smiled and ignored that little nagging thought.

"So she's just prone to irritability?" He nodded, considering it. He supposed it wasn't entirely unlikely, especially if she really had been enjoying her nap. The lionesses in his pride had never been particularly keen on being woken either and they were a peaceful sort of soul.

"When.. do you think would be the best time to try and speak with her again then? Certainly not any time she's near the den in case she's napping."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:53 pm
"Grandma says it's something that happens to all mothers," Onwa informed the lion. Certainly Grandma was irritable with her own cubs around - which was weird, by the way, that Onwa'ohuru and her siblings had uncles younger than they were.

However, he seemed really determined to talk to Mom. Well, adults weren't really people she fully understood yet, so the young lioness decided she might as well help him out.

"I guess...just don't go by the den? Maybe if you caught her at the watering hole or something." Onwa wasn't actually certain that would help at all, but it couldn't hurt, right? And at least Mom wouldn't be sleeping at the watering hole.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:33 pm
Rive nodded as she informed him of her Grandma's thoughts on the subject of new mothers, playing up that he was paying particular attention to the wise words that she was passing on to him. It was a hard thing for a male to understand but he thought he got it, sort of, probably better at least than the young heart before him.

"The watering hole," he nodded, "I suppose that could work." Although it also meant that he would have to stalk her more than he'd really like if he had any hope of just finding her there. Who could account for when someone would be at the watering hole? He was just as likely to bump into her randomly around the pride lands. Regardless, between Onwa and her aunt, they had managed to convince him that his only error thus far had been waking her up from a nap.

"I will just avoid finding her at the den then, thank you. I hope she comes around and is willing to talk to me soon." He did his best to smile, hopeful, but then tacked on a question: "Does she often hold grudges, though?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:33 pm
Well, at leaest it sounded like he didn't want to end up anywhere near the den anymore. Which was probably for the best. The lioness was turning to go when the adult asked her another question. Onwa had to stop and think about that. Grudges? A grudge was when you hated someone for a long, long time. And she didn't know of anyone her mother had hated for a long, long time...

"Oh! Well, since you're not Shangyue, I think you're fine. You know, 'cause he's dead?" The black lioness grinned and walked away before she could be asked any more questions that probably wouldn't help either.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces