Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands
[B-PRP] Night Visitor (Harakhty & Senka Hjordis)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:35 pm
User Image

It was the dead of night, but that's when most of his pride flourished, so he wasn't terribly sleepy. In fact, with his job, he normally stayed up through the night regardless.

Instead, the black lion was huffing his way along the borders to his pride's lands. There hadn't been any new members in a little while, so he'd taken on some of the regular guard duties for the time being. It was just as well, patrolling was a nice reprieve from the norm. He could think to himself, ponder the day's happenings.

Though he'd be lying if he said he wasn't lonely sometimes. As a former rogue himself, it would take time for his fellow Mwezi to get used to him, and while he was content to wait, it did leave a bit of a hole in his heart. He also wasn't the easiest to connect with, so his social network left much to be desired.

He shook his head to clear it. He just needed to keep his chin up. At least he'd been deemed fairly high class. This would have been a thousand times more difficult had he been ranked a slave, god forbid.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:52 pm
MangoMeow

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Senka was on the move she was wandering trying to get her head on straight, she must have been going through something because she couldn't seem to go anywhere without running into a male!! Males were driving her crazy recently which was how she found herself at the border between the rangelands and one of the prides in the distance. She sometimes wandered the boarders curious about what life was like for the prides of the land. She had never been in one, she had a mother once. She never knew the male her mother had mated with. Senka's mother had died when she was very young and Senka had since been a rouge.

She had never felt a desire or knew much about prides to want badly enough to seek one out to find out what it was like to live with others. So she traveled on her own. Hunted one her own. Survived on her own. It was the only way Senka knew how to live. She caught the scent of a male on the border. Jezz. She rolled her eyes. There was just no getting away from these males this season. To be fair though she might have wandered rather close to his terf.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:08 pm
Harakhty was just cresting over a hill that overlooked a good amount of the border when the unfamiliar scent wafted towards him. Which didn't say too much, since he was still getting used to his own pride's smell, but it did say that this wasn't someone from the Mwezi. Freezing up, the black lion narrowed his gaze to stare out across the plains, thankful for having made his way up this hill.

It was difficult to spot the lioness at first, with her black pelt, but when he did, the guard debated his options. She hadn't entered their lands quite yet, but she was getting close. Should he confront her? Perhaps. At the very least, he should ensure that she knew what lands she was entering. While the Mwezi were relatively alright with newcomers coming to see what their pride was like, it was normally in the event that they were interested in joining. And when it came to Har, he liked to make sure that they knew that there was every chance they could end up anywhere between the highest ranking Lord or Lady... to a lowly Slave. It all depended on the Great Lion.

So, mind made up, he called out, "Ho there! What brings you to the Mwezi?"

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:44 am
MangoMeow

Senka Hjordis turned to the sound of the voice calling out asking her what she was doing there, she had been annoyed coming across another darn male, but she was kinda on his turf so she didn't have much choice but to be at least a little bit respectful. "Walking." She said simply. It wasn't like she was over here planning to steal their prey or hurt the cubs of their land, she was just walking. She looked over the male lion who had spoken to her, he looked strong. She had been meeting a lot of male lions lately.

She shook her head to clear her thoughts silly muddled, crazy thoughts. She was starting to think there was something wrong with her, perhaps she needed to seek out a healer to help her deal with her madness. Perhaps it was something normal that she had just never dealt with before. "What are you doing out here?" Senka asked didn't he have better things to do then walk so near the rouge lands. Most of the rouges didn't care about the prides one bit so what were the prides so worried about? She rolled her eyes silly family groups.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:33 pm
Harakhty watched her with narrowed eyes, suspecting by her answer that she wasn't here to learn more of the pride. Which likely meant that she was either just passing by, or was wandering aimlessly and had no idea what land she was walking into.

That was a dangerous thing to do. There were prides that would have attacked her for even getting near their borders. The Mwezi was not one of those prides, but neither were they one to welcome anyone strolling around their borders.

He took a second to consider his next action, before settling back on his haunches and sitting up tall. "Patrolling. Are you aware of how close you are to the Mwezi borders?" Any closer and she would have been considered close enough to warrant being attacked.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:52 pm
MangoMeow

Senka shook her head "That would require knowing what the Mwezi pride is which I don't, as I'm sure you guessed already I am a rouge and I am passing by, I mean you and yours no harm." She looked out past him curious for a moment what pride life was like. Would she grow bored and restless if she tired living in a structured box? Leaders telling her what to do and where to go. She had a distant look on her face for a moment. Protection, family, cubs. Those things were also in prides though right, having someone else to watch your back might be nice.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:22 pm
Harakhty eyed her for a moment, wondering why she seemed to fade out on him. She must be having some very deep thoughts to stop mid-conversation.

Clearing his throat, the black lion decided to relax just a bit. For the moment, he would trust that she was telling the truth about not meaning any harm. Besides, if she did, she would have a hard time getting anything past him or the multitudes of other guards within the pride.

Instead, he opted to settle back on his rump, head cocked to the side curiously. Hm, how much information to give..... "The Mwezi are a pride that worships the Great Lion." He tilted an ear back, knowing that that probably didn't mean anything to her. As a former rogue himself, he knew that feeling. "The Great Lion is our god. He guides and cares for his followers, and is associated with the moon, as that is when he shows his gaze." He hummed, "Though we are largely your typical pride beyond that."

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:09 pm
MangoMeow

Senka blinked she hadn't been expecting the male to go into a detail response to
what his pride was, but she sat down and listened to him anyway. Senka wasn't sure what she believed she had never really thought of it before and she had never met a god herself so she didn't really have a thought of gods one way or another. She did feel a connection to the night and the moon though. She shrugged "I've never been in a pride, besides guessing it's about family and protection I wouldn't have many more guesses about prides. I was born in the rouge lands and learned early on if I didn't care for myself no one else would."  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:42 pm
Harakhty nodded as she spoke. It must have been hard, growing up in the rogue lands. "Hm, then perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea for you to at least visit a few, if only to gain an insight to how they live. Prides... they're family. We care for and protect one another." His gaze seemed to drift off as he spoke, reminiscing about his own upbringing. He considered himself lucky to have grown up within a pride, though it had not given him a good footing as a rogue. On the opposite paw from this lioness, he had grown so lonely living on his own and had eventually sought out the Mwezi as his new home.

Shaking his head to bring himself back to the present, the lion glanced back at her. He debated carefully on whether to bring up the offer, and then decided that it couldn't hurt. He didn't think she would cause trouble. ".... If you'd like, I can at least give you a tour. You won't be able to go into some of the more restricted areas, but you can at least see what pride life is like."

He paused and then gave a short nod, almost a bow, of his head, "My name is Harakhty, by the way. What’s yours?"

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:43 pm
MangoMeow

Senka nodded listening to the male lion speaking. She considered his offer "Why not I don't have any other plans, not that I really ever have any other plans. I am Senka." She said bowing her head in a short nod to Harakhty.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:09 pm
"It's good to meet you, Senka." Harakhty stood back up and took another glance around the perimeter before giving a flick of his tail and beginning to trot down the border once more. "I do need to finish my patrol, but there's not much left for me to travel down. I can show you the lands along our border first, and then head to the inner part of the Mwezi."

And with one last glance to make sure she was following, he continued on his way.

Midnightglow18
Fin~

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces