Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:34 am
He was somewhere new. Looking around the terrian he tried to pinpoint some key features that stood out. One of which was the big a** outface of a cliff like rock. Hmmm, he raked his mind for anything he could remember. This must be the pridelands. He had heard of it in passing before, so it was clear to him, this was in fact where he was. That and all the grass, abundant water and grazing beasts.

A predators paradise if you would. He hadn't been met by a r=roving guard or anything yet, so he was curious if anyone might be around. Not that he was wanting to get kicked out anytime soon. Not to say they would kick him out, but you never knew. Finding a nice water spot he took a moment to submerge himself in the cool waters.  
She hadn't noticed the male, as she trudged her way through the thick grass. In fact, she hadn't even been alerted to his scent. She was totally out of it, but not in a bad way. She was just ... absorbed in her own thoughts, thinking about her family and just life in general. She was a lovely, young lady with ... well maybe not a heart of gold. She could be known to be selfish sometimes. As shameful as it was to admit, she couldn't lie to herself. But as nice of a young lady as she was, she never seemed to attract any attention from the males of the pride. Most of them were loyal to the mates, and wouldn't even consider looking at another. Not that she wanted them to! She'd hate to be a den wrecker, but just a little bit of atteniton ....

The lioness shook the selfish thoughts from her mind, reminding herself that being selfish was not a quality one looked for in a suitor. She knew that, heck she couldn't stand someone who thought only of themselves! Yet here she was, thinking of herself. Admittedly though, she didn't do it very often. Just when she was in a particularly dull mood and her mind was willing to try and entertain her.

A swift wind brushed the air right before her nose and she finally caught the whiff of what had been staring her down for quite some time now. There was another here ... in this secluded little area? That was strange, but not the strangest thing she'd even been witness to. The lioness lifted her nose to the air once more to the smell of wet fur. Her nose wrinkled in response and she let out an involuntary "Blech!" Probably not her smartest choice, but perhaps it was a little too late to be considering what was and wasn't a smart idea.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

As he was enjoying the coolness of the water on his silvery coat the sound of someone suddenly made him alerted to the fact they were close, very close. Turning his head he spotted a rather unusual sight, the lioness was for one gorgeous. The way her coat seemed to glitter in spots was astounding, secondly she seemed a little offput by his presence. "Is this your spot?" He asked her curiously as he turned to look at her full and moved a little closer to the shore so he had better footing. "I mean, I can leave if you'd like." He gave her a playful smile. She was definitely a sight for sore eyes and boy was he sore. He had been traveling a great deal so he honestly didn't care how this meeting between the two of them ended.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:35 am
He was pleased to hear that it wasn't a claimed location, so that meant it was a free spot. BUT if the lady wished for him to leave then he really would. However she seemed reluctant to let him stay which was nice. "I would be very happy to keep you company." moving towards the shoreline he removed himself from the water and a distance away so he could shake the water from his fur without getting it on her in the process. "Is this a pride?" He asked curiously, wanting to know more about the lands he was on.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Ndizi had to stifle a laugh as the large male barrelled out of the water and onto the shore. She took a step back as he began to shake. It wasn't necessarily that she was scared of water ... more so that she just wasn't exactly friends with it. Sure, it was a beauty to look on from a distance. But to be surrounded by it? Completely different story! "Actually, this is a pride. Or rather this is the outskirts of it -" She paused briefly, wondering whether the information she chose to give could be used against her in some way. It seemed doubtful, though she hoped one would forgive her for being cautious.

"These are the Pridelands, we're a pretty peaceful pride." She added the last part so as to further assure him of her friendliness.  
"Oh is it?" He hadn't exactly realized he was on a pride, or in it at any rate. At least he knew he'd be pretty safe then. At least if all the members were like her in personality. She seemed rather accepting of him and he liked that. It meant he'd actually be able to get to know her, which was something he really wanted to do. "If they're like you then I would have to agree." He said with a warm smile. "I'm Argyros. What is your name?" He asked her.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

"Mmm hmm!" She mused, allowing her head to nod as she continued. "We're typically very open to travellers who pass through. Of course there will be always be exceptions to the rule, but I think you'll fly under the radar here." She paused for a moment, allowing brief thoughts of the past to fly through before continuing on. "Many of us are like me! Its kind of hard to find a dull face around here, everyone always has something going on, and they're always happy to share their news and gossip." As he introduced himself, she found herself intrigued more by his name. It was exotic, much like he appeared. With his silvery coat and intricate patterns, he seemed to be quite the intriguing individual.

"Oh, Ndizi Nyara," She paused, her nose wrinkeling ever so slightly at the mention of her name. "But you can call me Izzy, I much prefer it to my given name. Its a pleasure ot meet you Argyros ..." She wanted to bite her tongue and not be such a nosey lioness, but she couldn't quite help herself. She was utterly intrigued by everything about him. "So tell me, how does a rogue like you end up in the Pridelands anyway?"  
Blinking his pale eyes he listened to her and found himself quite relaxed in her company. It was nice. "That's good, I think it would be rather dull if everyone was murky." Chuckling he could only imagine what it would be like to be all gloomy and moody. It was definitly a much needed respite.

When she spoke her name he stared at her for a moment. What had she said? Then she said to call her Izzy and he let out a small breath. "It's a pleasure to meet you Izzy. I'm glad I happened along this way." It had let him get to know her some and he was greatly appreciated of that right now. "I was just passing through, I hadn't even realized I was on a pride." He hadn't seen a scout or anything that had stopped him so whoops. Not to say they didn't do their jobs. He just hadn't noticed anyone.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

"I'm glad you did as well!" She smiled a toothy grin, and allowed herself to become completely at ease with Argyros, without even realizing she'd done so. "Oh yes, we're tend to be lax unless we're on the lookout for something specific, like hyenas. Nearly everyone else gets a side glance and a quick pass. Our guards usually won't bat an eye unless they hear a complaint." She paused for a moment deliberating whether that was a good or a bad thing. But she settled on good, after all, it had led this handsome male right to her. "I don't usually run up on strangers in this part of the pride. I like to think this little area is pretty hidden, well at least from the non population that is. You must have traveled these lands for a bit before stumbling across it." She paused and smiled yet again. "Not that i'm complaining, i'm quite happy to have such pleasant company at my little hideaway this time.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:36 am
Ah yes, the fickle hyena. They were enough to put anyone on edge. "Well, I'm glad I happened upon this little gem in the wilderness." He was implying her really but it could be taken as the location itself. "Perhaps I can walk you home? We can chat some more about the pride if you like? I've been trying to find a place to call home." He suggested since it would be the quickest way to get to know her a bit more. You could always tell a lot about someone by how they talked about their home  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

The lioness could hear her heart skipping little tiny beats in her chest. Imagine her luck to run into such a handsome male in her favorite spot, of all places! It was just about as much excitement as she'd had in a good long time. His words only made her all the more excitable, granted she had no idea what flirting really was, but she kinda hope that was what he was doing. "Oh?" She stood there a moment, slightly taken aback by his comment. "Oh, yeah sure! Of course you can!" She smiled happily as her nodded in agreement. "That sounds like a great idea, and I could use the exercise." She somehow managed to close her mouth just before adding in the last bit of her sentence. 'Any excuse to spend a little more time with you.' That would have been a disaster! She'd only just met the lion! Imagine mumbling those words to him! His reaction would probably be a disaster all its own. "Oh! Well if you're looking for a home, look no further! The Pridelands are about as peaceful as they get!"  
He was pleased he could walk her home, it would give him a chance to get to know her more. "Well, if everyone is much like you then I'm sure I won't have a hard time at all staying here." He commented as he realized she was going to have to lead the way. "If you but lead the way, I shall follow you. I can tell you a bit about my travels on the way." He offered  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:29 pm
Izzy smiled a bit wider that she normally did at his comment, feeling the little butterflies in her tummy just made things all the more exciting. If he kept giving her compliments, he'd drive her mad!

Afterall, it wasn't often, if ever, that the daughter of the god of hate got such pleasant comments thrown her way. More often that not the judgmental among her pride would assume she was just as her Father had been. A hateful, vengeful being bent on making the world a worse place that it was when she'd entered it. But more often that not, she found herself being judged for her Mother. Which in all respects was a much better piece of judgement to have.

"Oh trust me, you won't have any difficulties at all. I'll guarantee it!" Giggling her silly giggle, she slowed her pace to be even with Agyros and nudged him on the shoulder lightly. "How about we both lead and you tell me about your travels! Who knows, I might even decide to offer up some of my own story as well!"

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:06 pm
Depawsit
fin!

"I think that sounds like a much better idea." With that he joined her as they walked on.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas