Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:02 pm
User Image

Soren had made sure to avoid the path of his mother's den. She had recently been reacquainted with her parents and well...her father was quite the hugger. Soren was not one for such physical contact, so he found himself staying away from the family dens as much as possible. Until, that was, Shaji could have children again to preoccupy himself.

The pale lion paused, a tingling sensation tickling the back of his neck. Someone was approaching the borders. He'd have to investigate that a little bit later.

He did not know what the sensation was, but it never failed to lead him to someone not of the lands. Sometimes he found the feeling a burden, other times it was a blessing. He had met so many friends on the borders that eventually joined the land. Shaking his head, the male continue forward. Further from the heart of the pride and closer to its edges.

Polette

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:33 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Walking slowly, Divya had been keeping to herself for most of the day. So often the bustle of the large pride would wear on her, and she was thankful that she was able to avoid it frequently under the guise of a hunt. Today, she had wandered closer to the edges of their lands, debating going out and hunting for something small, maybe to provide for some of the young cubs that were always about. Although being around so many pride members was exhausting, Divya always had patience and room for the youth - they were so bright and pure, and she often wondered why she hadn't become a nanny instead. Though, then she'd have to deal with their parents more than she'd probably care to.

Taking a deep inhale, Divya closed her eyes, trying to clear her mind. With a slight breeze against her face, she was also trying to see if any prey was near enough for her to make a short hunting trip. There seemed to be the usual suspects, a meerkat colony not too far off - though they were usually more trouble than they were worth - some small creatures not even worth her time, and possibly a group of klipspringers within the vicinity.

KasaiLoki

Polette
Crew

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:19 am
Polette

Soren scanned the area, spotting the light colored female nearby. Had the sensation he felt earlier been her? He wasn't entirely sure, but decided to pursue it anyways. The female was pretty well kept, no rugged look a rogue would normally have. The one thing with Soren was that he was always at the borders after his hunts, some he did not know most of the members of the pride unless he had met them on the edge.

The large lion shifted, trotting up to the other. "Hello there," he greeted, his tone friendly. (Always treat others like you would want to be treated, his mother's words rang in his mind). "I don't think I have seen you around these parts before," in fact, he was sure of it. "Need some help?" She seemed to be thinking about something. While Soren wasn't sure what he could offer, at least he had given the option to her.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:18 pm

Divya had been so tuned into the scents around her that she hadn't noticed the male until he said something. Opening her eyes rather abruptly, she was a little surprised to see him right there initially.

"Oh...hello there." She had hoped that he hadn't seen her just standing there with her eyes closed for too long. Her blue eyes darted towards the ground for a moment, nervous and embarrassed at the thought. "I can be easy to miss." She smiled, eyes returning to the male. With a pride as large as theirs, it was easy to find someone brand new every day. Plus, Divya tried to wander to new corners every once in awhile.

"I was just thinking about going out for a small hunt." She didn't really want to tell him that she was also trying to get away from the bulk of the busy pride; he seemed nice, and he didn't seem like the type to press on the nerves. "If you'd like to join, I wouldn't mind." She gave another small smile, tail coiling around her back paw.

KasaiLoki

Polette
Crew

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:23 am
Polette

"A hunt?" Soren questioned, thinking for a moment. "I'm not the best hunter," the pale lion admitted. "Big paws don't make well for the speed of prey sometimes." His lifted a front paw to show. He could only assume his size came from his father's side of the family. His mother and her family were quite dainty. Soren and his siblings were brutes compared to them. Even if he were to do a side by side with Kanoro, Soren stood above him a good inch or two.

"So, if you don't think I will get in the way, I'd be happy to...try...and help." He really should petition to switch his role from hunter to something more beneficial for him such as a scout.

"There is usually a group of antelope over the ridge there. Maybe that is too much? I think I've seen a few klipspringers roaming to the north too." They were smaller, but more agile than the antelope. Those tiny legs could pivot on an instant.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:29 pm

Well, he wasn't wrong. Pausing to give him another look-over, Divya hadn't really considered his size. She had chased small prey so much that her paws moved effortlessly for the task; it also helped that she was a little smaller.

"At the very least, you'd provide some nice company until we've located something." She knew they wouldn't be able to talk once a prey was selected, but the lioness didn't mind a one-on-one conversation. And, if it went poorly, the start of the hunt would end it soon enough.

"See, already being helpful." Divya gave a smile; he was turning out to be quite pleasant. She could never be sure with adults at first, but she wasn't upset in the least that he had stumbled upon her. "I think with the two of us, an antelope wouldn't be bad at all." Though she hadn't gone after one in awhile, she of course remembered the basics. "Are there any strategies you use?" She took a step, slowly leading closer to the border, but hoping he might lead the way if he knew where to find them.

KasaiLoki

Polette
Crew

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:12 am
Polette

Soren's ears perked forward. "Oh?" Well...if he was being helpful for her now, he might just try. There would be no harm in that.

"If you're sure." A small smile was placed on his lips. "My aunt is a pretty good hunter. She always manages to bring in a good kill. She said she stalks the area for days, watching patterns, before striking." He paused, ears shifting backwards. "Er---I don't think we would have that much time to spare." He chuckled nervously, thinking again.

"I can circle them, and lead them your way maybe?" That sounded better. "And you go for the kill?" With his size, the prey beast would be fleeing in an instant from him. Maybe they would not expect the brown lioness hidden in the grass.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:10 pm

"Oh, so do you have a lot of family here?" It wasn't unusual at all to find large families here; Divya herself came from a rather large family. "Maybe some of those skills run in the family." She let out a laugh - if only that were true, then the generations now would all be master hunters. "I'm not sure if I'd want to spend a few days on this one, though, you're right."

"That sounds like a pretty solid idea." It was a classic tactic, and tended to work on any size prey or prey group. "I'll take the end, then." She leaned her front end down, stretching out. Her claws flexed lightly on the ground, and she rolled her shoulders, loosening up. "Hopefully I don't miss."

KasaiLoki

Polette
Crew

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:42 am
Polette

Soren gave the lioness as stare at the question. A wide smile lifted to his maw as he chuckled. "You have no idea. Everywhere I turn, there seems to be someone related to me." He was related to the royal family on his mother side. Even though he did not know his father's heritage, he was sure it was large as well. "My...great-great-er...I don't know how many greats...grandparents were Mufasa and Sarabi." He had been born well after their reign. "So relatives all over the place."

Soren never really thought about being part of the royal blood line. He was just a normal lion.

"They've just skipped my generation." Soren said with his lopsided grin.

With a nod, the lion trotted away from the female, circling around the herd. He probably should have asked her if she wanted a cue or something when she was ready. Ah, and he hadn't even asked her name yet! He was two for two with introductions, how terrible! Note to self, after this, get her name.

It was now or never. The lion charged towards the antelope herd. Soren's large size affected his stamina. If he gave it his all now, he would have nothing to help the other if she needed. Backing off his speed slightly, he pushed the herd towards the lioness, focusing on one particular buck.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:58 pm

"You really do have quite the family then!" Being related to such an old and well-known pair definitely meant that probably every other lion here was related to him in some way. Divya wasn't quite as familiar with her ancestry; she knew her parents and her siblings, but was more-or-less blissfully unaware or where her family tree went after that. Less random lions to have to talk to, she thought.

"Well, I guess you'll have to prove yourself today then." Divya let out a laugh, while secretly hoping he wasn't entirely inept or anything. "Off I go!" With a brief nod, she widened her path away from him, trying to keep out of the wind and away from the eyes of the herd. She was low, but moving fairly quickly through the grass, eyes always watching the herd. The lioness kept a good distance for now, until she felt like she was in position; hopefully they wouldn't run in a different direction.

Relying on her instincts to tell when he startled the herd, Divya crouched even lower, picking out a target she wanted to pursue. As they came near, she sprung into action, trying to knock at her victim's legs before giving some chase. Though she only made the small male stumble, it was enough to give her an edge on speed. After a few moments, she had caught up and leaped onto his back, taking him to the ground; though she wasn't a large lioness, she was still much larger than her prey. Making a few adjustments, she was able to latch onto his neck, dragging the body away from the remnants of the herd as it continued on. Her breathing was heavy, even though the encounter was fairly brief. Her sides heaved in and out as she crouched, the antelope still in her mouth as she waited for the male to appear.

KasaiLoki

Polette
Crew

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:33 pm
Polette

The art of the hunt was amazing. In the blink of an eye could be either a success or failed. Dark brown eyes that were once focused on chasing the herd were now scanning about, finding Divya with her maw latched around the preybeast's neck. Soren couldn't help but grin. Success!

He trotted over, his own breathing heavy. The male lacked stamina, it was obvious with how he breathed, but he did not normally participate in the daily grind of a hunt, so it was to be expected.

"You did it!" He exclaimed with his wide grin, eyes showing amusement. "Not that I didn't think you would," he chuckled, shaking his head.

The thought dawned on him. Never had he asked for the other's name. Here they were, hunting together with only the genealogy of the lions to go on. "I'm Soren, by the way." he introduced. They made a pretty good team. Well, Divya had done most of the work, but still!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:21 pm

Divya took some time and tried to stabilize her breathing, now that the rest of the herd was far off and there didn't seem to be any impending threats. She was actually quite pleased with herself, taking it down in one fell-swoop on the first try; part of her had been worried that she'd end up missing and looking foolish.

Her eyes flicked up as she noticed his movement towards her; he, too, seemed to be tired. As he neared, she finally took her mouth from the antelope's throat, ready to relax for a moment. "It seems like I managed somehow." She smiled, though she couldn't quite make a laugh with her breathing still fairly heavy. "I was almost worried I'd end up missing with all the anticipation." But, it ended up working out perfectly. For once, she was glad she had some help. "Soren?" Her ears perked up, only just realizing that they hadn't really been introduced. "Divya." Her brow relaxed, pushing herself up into a sitting position.

"I do believe we've succeeded for the day." Her eyes were bright, happy to have a meal.

KasaiLoki

Polette
Crew

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:32 pm
Polette
fin?

Divya. He repeated in his mind. It was a name he would make note to remember.

"I would have to agree," Soren chuckled. "Since you did all the hard work, you get first bite." He told her with a smile. The pale lion wasn't the hungriest, but he certainly would not pass up a eal, even if he were to only take a few bites of it himself. His dark eyes watched the female, making note to himself to become a better hunter in the future. He would have to find his aunt Jamii'binti one of these days to see if he could get a lesson or two from her.

But for now, he was content with assisting in the hunt with the lioness.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:50 pm

"Well I'm not one to argue with that!" She gave the male a smile; she hadn't enjoyed someone's company like this in quite some time. "Thank you again for helping, Soren." Perhaps they could go hunting together again in the future, since they seemed to be a pretty decent team today.

KasaiLoki
(( yes! ))

Polette
Crew

[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out