Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
City of Cardiff ~ Wales Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:31 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

seventh year || Hufflepuff prefect || muggleborn
Dueling Club sharpshooter || Language Club student
Namaste Club yogi || Quidditch beater and captain

Eden smiled, leaning down a little when Callie stood on her tip-toes, always happy to receive a kiss from Callie, and feeling oddly protective given his new moniker. Eden wasn’t sure he was deserving of the title in character, but his Callie certainly thought so. If he worked hard, he’d be able to live up to it right? He’d protect her right.

Callie mentioned a star compass could also help guide him home, referencing how they used to move around a lot. Eden smiled wistfully. Home...well their lodgings changed too much still, and the only constants had been his grandparents in Cardiff and Shopshire. But wherever they went, he’d always had Sir and Ma’am and Mattie--and now Callie. ”That...makes sense,” he murmured, thinking about that. ”If it guides me back to you and Mattie, then wherever I am, I’ll feel at home.” He wasn’t sure he’d said it loud enough to be heard, and as they headed in, almost hoped Callie hadn’t heard--it was a little embarrassing.

Callie mentioned the Crescent always sort of reminded her of a jellyfish, which made Eden scrunch his face up a little, trying to imagine a jellyfish of cloud, He could see that? ”Oh, like the umbrella part. It is odd, but that’s not a bad thing. I guess it’s missing the tentacle arm things. ” he said as they made their way to the exhibit room. As always, the Planetariwm’s special exhibition hall was decked out with state of the art videos displaying the vast majesty of space. Callie pointed out the crescent nebula, and Eden nodded, headed that way. ”It says here the Crescent Nebula is an emission nebula in the Cygnus constellation…Cygnus...that’s the Northern Cross, right? It was supposed to be a goose or something? ” He continued reading the plaque, ”’Formed by stellar wind when WR 136 became a red giant, the Crescent Nebula’s distinctive shape was created by colliding shock waves, one moving in and the other moving out.’ Huh. I guess we were both kind of right. It’s a collision-explosion that made a jellyfish shell.”

setting Planetariwm Wales, late June 2054 || with Callie Whitethorne
appearance 5’8”, fit || wearing navy shirt and khakhis outfit
status My lovely, lovely Starflower~

Soap Bubble Nebula also in Cygnus, near the Crescent Nebula.

Cinnabun Gryffie

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
They see you as small and helpless
They see you as just a child
Surprise when they find that a warrior will soon run wild.
Prepare for your greatest moments
Prepare for your finest hour
The dream that you've always dreams is suddenly about to flower.
♖♜
~"This Will be the Day" from RWBY. Cover by Caleb Hyles.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:06 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Dark Sky Planetariwm, Wales
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Eden, my knight
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Another date~
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? He's so sweet~

Callie was happy about Eden's gift, and even more happy that he would be able to use it to guide himself to herself... and Mattie. Did that mean he felt at home with her, and with his sister the most? If so, that was rather sweet. "I really like that thought. And I'm quite happy that you can feel at home around me. I certainly like that your aura is so wonderful around mine." She hummed softly, a small grin on her lips.

As he spoke about the nebula, wondering about her jellyfish theory. "I suppose that's true. Sometimes jellyfish pull in their tentacles... I think. I've never seen one in person before. Ooh, maybe there's an aquarium somewhere. Maybe for our next date?" She offered a bright grin, excited about the possibility of seeing what was below ground, rather than far above.

They looked at pictures of the crescent nebula and Eden read the description. She nodded as he read, then she tilted her head. "Cygnus is the swan. Deneb, the brightest star in the constellation." He continued, mentioning the formation of the nebula style. Apparently the plaque said it formed a jellyfish shell. A small grin touched Callie's lips. "It does look like an explosion. Perhaps it's just the way we look at things. And perhaps that's a good thing. That lets us see things in whole new ways." She pushed up to her tiptoes, pressing a soft kiss against his cheek.

{{Callie's dress, shoes, and earrings}}
          addaellis

Wanna feel the warm breeze, sleep under a palm tree
          Feel the rush of the ocean, get onboard a fast train
          Travel on a jet plane, far away and breakaway
          I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly! I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
          And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change and breakaway
          Out of the darkness and into the sun, I won't forget all the ones that I love
          I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change, and breakaway!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:01 am
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Cardiff, Wales - Harper Flat
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Eden (and somewhere in the flat, Callie and Persephone)
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Hanging out?
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Where is he taking me????
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Curious

Simon was still quite confused by the invitation he'd been extended by Eden Harper. Sure, Simon was dating Eden's little sister... and they had been dating for over a year now. That was wild to think about. Either way, he'd been asked, and his pa thought it'd be a great idea to get on the blonde's good side. So, Simon dressed in light clothes, with a typical beanie, one loose enough that if they went to hang in muggle areas, he could just... hide his hair. He also grabbed his sunglasses, sighing at his reflection in the mirror.

As he paced the house for a few moments, he fiddled with the ring he always wore on his right hand, biting his lip as he debated just hiding in the room forever. Hair shifting to a true blue, Simon knew his nerves were getting the better of him. It wasn't until he heard a familiar voice that he allowed himself to relax a bit. "Hey kiddo. You're about to be running late, and you know that'll just make everything worse. It'll be a good day, I promise." Dark eyes met Simon's mismatched pair, both men chuckling softly. The younger nodded, then turned on heel to apparate away. He'd been given a safe location.... at a science museum? No... Planetarium.... Okay. From there, he hopped in a taxicab, arriving at the flat building that must contain the correct address.

Walking up the steps, Simon finally found the correct door. Inside he could hear the muffled cries of the Harper baby.... Persephone, he was sure. He'd never really been good with babies before, but also hadn't really had a chance. Drawing a deep breath, he rapped his knuckles on the door, hoping to find he was at the correct location. After being let in, Eden started their day. Simon sure wished he knew the plan, but hey, he'd promised to trust the older male. Hair turning a deep salmon color, Simon allowed himself to be curious. Moving his hands in well-practiced motion, he asked,

"Where are we off to today?"

{{Wearing :: Summer Days}}
          addaellis

Bʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ sɪɴɢɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
          Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴡɪɴɢs ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴛᴏ ғʟʏ
          Aʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪғᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴀʀɪsᴇ
          Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ sᴜɴᴋᴇɴ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ
          Aʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪғᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ғʀᴇᴇ
          Bʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ ғʟʏ, ʙʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ ғʟʏ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ᴀ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ɴɪɢʜᴛ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:30 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

21 years || Hufflepuff alum || muggleborn
Mediwizard

“I’ll be civil,” Eden grumbled as he got ready. He had spent every possible moment of his paternity leave with Callie and Persephone, only going out for the shopping so Callie wouldn’t need to move more than she was comfortable. But today was an important day in its own right– he was going to meet with Mattie’s boyfriend. A…get to know you sort of outing. Mattie had indicated their relationship was quite serious–and warned him about being nice– which meant Eden felt it was time to…scrutinise the boy that dared cosy up to his baby sister.

Persephone started fussing, and even though Callie had her quickly, Eden couldn’t help but worry, hovering around in an attempt to be helpful until the door knocked. ”I’ll get it.

“Simon. Welcome, come in. You could have just apparated straight here, you know,”
he said, pausing to read the hand motions. Eden was a few years removed from the last language club meeting where they had practised BSL, but he remembered enough to reply to the simpler things. ”Someplace I’m surprised Mattie hasn’t already taken you,” he replied cryptically. ”Just a moment.”

Eden popped back down the hall to check on the baby and her mother. ”We’ll be back for dinner then,” he said after making sure Persephone had quieted down and was contentedly suckling. He pressed a smooch to Callie’s head. ”If you or Percy need anything, I’ll keep an eye on my phone.”

With his wife’s blessing, Eden headed back to Simon. ”Ready?” he signed and said at the same time.

The shooting range Eden and Mattie had frequented when visiting their grandparents was just a few stops by bus and a short walk–exactly enough time for a polite conversation and--just a little questioning. "We haven't really gotten to hang out much, just the two of us, I suppose. I heard you visited Mattie last weekend in Hogsmeade--are you guys thinking--is that...going to be a regular thing?"

Followed by a "No need to work weekends then? Where are you working now anyways?"

setting Shooting range outside of Cardiff || with Suspicious Simon
appearance 5’10”, fit || wearing long sleeve and vest, with cargo pants
status By virtue of daring to seduce my baby sister, you are suspicious...but by virtue of being chosen by my baby sister and with my wife's approval, I will try to get along and get to know you better.

And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now
♖♜
~"Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:22 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Cardiff, Wales
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Eden
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I think I have a nice job...
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Uneasy

Simon stepped into the Harper flat, admiring the comfy little space. He felt a bit awkward when Eden pointed out that he could have simply apparated there. Luckily, his question about their plans changed the topic, but only made it more of a vague plan. Someplace Mattie hadn't taken him? That.. didn't help much. Just as he was about to reply, Eden excused himself, hurrying off toward the back. "Dearest love, we will be okay. You have a fun day, and please enjoy. You deserve a nice day off." Callie's voice drifted in from the other room, Simon smiled a bit, glad that she was there for however long as a bit of a cushion.

Eden walked back in, Simon stiffening a bit in nerves. His hair shifted, a cool grey color of worry taking over. The younger boy nodded once, then followed after Eden. As they waited on a bus, Eden signed over a question. Another shift, this time to an uneasy green. He quickly tugged his hat down, hoping to make certain his color-shifting wouldn't be noticed by anyone. "As long as she requests me to join. It is a nice way to spend time, while still being able to share notes and have lunch." He signed, hands moving slower than his normal pace. "We were inspired by another couple in different years."

Eden asked about his being off on weekends, followed by a question of where he worked. Clearly this was to make sure he wasn't unemployed, or perhaps even working an ill-fitting career. "I work Monday through Friday at my Papa's legal firm. I am learning the ropes, while also taking some weight off his shoulders. It has been pretty fascinating so far." He glanced over at Eden, an orange and a green eye peeking over the rim of his sunglasses. Hopefully this would be the most difficult of questions, but Simon had a feeling that everything was about to get way worse.

addaellis

Simon - #EB4C42
          Callie - #551033

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:46 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

Mediwizard

Eden repeated aloud as Simon signed his reply, making sure he was getting the right meanings. He was actually doing pretty okay, and only needed a few words clarified. He frowned a little at Simon’s reply, but his interpretation seemed to be right at least, ”As long as… she wants you to join?”

Did that mean the two’s relationship was on the rocks? Had Simon done something to hurt Mattie? Was there a reason Mattie wouldn’t want Simon around? Were they fighting about something? Was it a serious fight? No wait, maybe that was just Simon’s way of saying he wasn’t forcing Mattie to be there and didn’t plan to get in the way of her studying. It was Mattie’s NEWT year after all, and maybe Simon just meant he wanted to do what was best for Mattie. That made more sense. But what if he didn’t and he was giving Simon too much the benefit of the doubt?

This interrogation was going to be harder than he thought.

”You were…inspired by a couple in…different grades–oh yeah, Callie and I had to do that too. I’d meet Mattie for lunch and I’d hang out until the last carriage back.” he smiled nostalgically. A mere few years ago, “meeting Mattie for lunch” was a prelude to spending the rest of the weekend meeting Callie in secret. And now Ma’am and Sir were clamouring to come over on the weekends and he had to remind them that he’d be gone so he could get lunch with Mattie. Oh if only he had known how small his problems then were in comparison.

The conversation turned to work ”You work…Monday through Friday at… Father’s Legal Firm? Oh, your father’s. Learning ropes and taking weights–oh learning the ropes and taking some weight off his shoulders. That’s neat. I heard Evera retired after my year. You had her for a year right?

“Anyways, what kind of law does your father practise?”
he asked after that brief aside about the law professor. Eden led the familiar way to the shooting range, keeping only half an eye on the path and mostly making sure he was interpreting Simon’s words correctly.

status By virtue of daring to seduce my baby sister, you are suspicious...but by virtue of being chosen by my baby sister and with my wife's approval, I will try to get along and get to know you better.

//OOC: For reference, Ida Evera is the (totally canon by virtue of being an NPC lol) of the Law professor before Auggie. She retired in 2054, then Auggie took over for 2 years, and now it's Amanda Drage.
Cinnabun Gryffie

♖♜

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:35 am
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Please let us walk past and go somewhere safe...
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Uncomfortable

Simon nodded along as Eden translated his signs aloud. "I know she's quite busy this year, so I understand if she needs that time to spend studying or doing other things. I do plan to bring study material for any classes she mentions a struggle in, that way lunch can be productive as well." He moved his hands over the familiar signs, mismatched eyes glancing over to the blonde to make sure he was following along. Sure, he could just talk, but he was pretty sure no on in the Harper family, aside from Mattie, knew he was capable of speech.

When mentioning that he and Mattie had been inspired by a couple in different grades, Eden acknowledged that he indeed would meet up on the weekends to see Mattie... and Simon knew he'd see Callie as well. That tidbit of info had come from a few sources. The Hogwarts Rumor Mill was always in motion, it seemed. He'd been caught in the very mill for weeks after he'd (loudly) caused a bully of Kai's to stop.

Next came their discussion of Simon's job, and the purple haired teen moved confidently through their discussion, stopping to repeat signs when Eden seemed to falter. He mentioned teachers, earning a silent laugh from the younger male. "I did have her. And Professor Li. And Professor Drage. It has changed hands a few time. As for my Papa, he mostly focuses on Criminal Law, but he does help with Civil cases as well, depending on the need. He does a lot of Pro-Bono work for people that need his help."

Simon grinned a bit, a proud blue swirling through, visible by the fluff of hair not quite hidden by his hat. When they walked close enough to their destination, Simon faltered, hands twitching a bit as he shifted to an uncomfortable orange. That was a shooting range. And Simon was by no means able to take the shot. He'd gone to places like this with his grandpapa, but it always turned out with the same result. With shaky hands, Simon signed, not noticing that his fingertips were also turning orange to match.

"Is this where we're going? Where you said Mattie wanted to bring me? Because... I'm not much of a shot..." His hands faltered, stumbling a bit over the signs as he felt a cold shiver run through his spine. This may just be a terrible day after all.

addaellis

Simon - #A46582
          Callie - #551033

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:55 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

Mediwizard

Eden nodded as Simon clarified that he was keeping their dates productive. He was suspicious that their dates were more than just studying, but as far as Mattie was willing to say, there had been nothing untoward. As far as Eden was concerned, that was all she needed him to know about it.

Underneath Simon’s beanie, Eden could make out the occasional shift in Simon’s hair color– just enough that he could make it out since he knew it was there. It had been a deep reddish color at first, and then shifted to some sickly shades of grey and green, and was now going through even more colors. Eden had asked some time ago during one of their double-date lunches with Mattie and Callie, but he only really remembered that a dark purple-maroonish color was generally a happy color. None of these were close to that. Maybe he ought to be worried. Or maybe that was just a natural cause of Simon and Eden never hanging out just with themselves before. In which case, maybe this was an okay thing.

”Li? Drage? Like Transfiguration professor?” Eden vaguely recalled a student with the surname, but not enough to put a face or anything. Merlin, he felt old.

”Criminal Law is dangerous,” Eden remarked. Just the other week he’d been sent to the scene of a criminal prosecutor who had been poisoned. Luckily it was a small incident, but he knew the dangers lawyers faced better than most. ”I missed that last bit….P-R-O-B-O-N–Oh, Pro Bono. Huh. That’s very upstanding of him.”

In general, Eden thought much better of the wizarding legal system and how relatively quickly the cases were dealt with– it beat the years and years on end and the ridiculous amount of money that muggle cases seemed to take. But he knew enough about how remarkably inequitable wizarding finances could be as a muggleborn himsel, and greatly appreciated anyone who worked pro bono. ”Are you thinking of going into law yourself?” he asked casually, opening the door to the range.

Simon was responding, but not to the question. ”’Is this where…not much…. Shoot?–oh! Yes, this is one of the shooting ranges Mattie and I used to go to quite often. Don’t worry if you’re not great yet. I can help. Plus maybe you’ll surprise yourself. ” Eden smiled cheekily, thinking back to the first time he’d brought Callie here. She hadn’t liked handguns very much, but she turned out to be an ace shot with rifles. Later on she’d completely shown up some cocky kids that thought she couldn’t shoot just because she’d worn a cute dress. Maybe Simon would be like that too. Or something.

After ushering Simon in, Eden greeted the range clerk with a familiar “Hillary, how are the pups? Ruger 10/22 please, per usual. And a Hellcat for my… friend.”

Friend? My precious baby sister’s boyfriend? Potential future brother-in-law?What even were they? Was he here to help them bond and be better friends? To interrogate Simon about his intentions towards Mattie? He confused himself sometimes.

status I confuse myself sometimes.

♖♜

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:44 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Why do I have to be here??
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Scared

Simon hoped his answers about his and Mattie's weekend dates had been satisfactory, especially after the older male didn't ask about it. Maybe he was processing the words, or maybe his words had matched up with what Mattie had told him. It's not like they were doing anything elicit, in fact, usually they kept things to school and shopping. As they walked, Simon pushed his hands in his pockets, fingers of his dominant hand twiddling with a fidget toy he had. It helped balance out his brain when he was nervous.

After mentioning the newer professors of law, Eden asked if they weren't the same as in Transfiguration. "No, that's Professor Richard Drage. Law is held by Professor Amanda Drage. I'm not sure of the relation, though." He shrugged a bit, hair shifting to a soft ocean green as he became curious about the professors. Next they were talking about his Papa's legal expertise, and Eden noted that Criminal Law was dangerous. "It can be, most certainly. It has more worry than civil law, but, according to my Papa, it's far more rewarding."

Apparently Eden thought that Pro Bono work was quite upstanding, earning a smile from the now bubbly blue haired teen. He had always been super proud of both of his parents, and had no problem talking (or well, signing) about them. "Yes, Papa always says he is fighting on the side of justice, which is admirable. Both my dads are good people, though, and great role models." He nodded once, teeth showing in a small grin. He was then asked if he wanted to follow into the legal field. "I am still not sure. I have a few ideas, but currently working in law is helping get my feet on the ground. I may change careers, but that will come in due time."

When Eden confirmed their destination, Simon shrank down a bit. Of all the hobbies Eden and Mattie could have in their spare time, they opted for shooting? Simon absolutely hated guns (and most weaponry, honestly), and was really, really nervous for the day. His hair shifted, now a much darker blue to convey his worry. Eden tried to say that he would be fine, that it was okay if he wasn't great yet. Apparently the blonde had faith that Simon would "surprise himself". The younger boy offered a shaky smile, following the lead of the older male.

Eden greeted the woman at the counter, listing off what they'd need for the day. She seemed very nice, quickly setting out the weaponry that Eden had chosen. One was a rifle, the other a smaller handgun. Good thing Simon had no idea which was which. Simon went to reach over to grab one of them, but noticed the dark red streaking down his hands, his own body telling him he was too scared for this. Quickly (and hoping no one noticed), Simon shoved his hands back in his pockets to keep them safe. He clicked his tongue a few times, gaze darting around to try and find any beacon of safety.

addaellis

Simon - #A46582
          Callie - #551033

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:03 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

Mediwizard

Simon clarified that it was a different Professor Drage that taught law, although he didn’t know how they were related. Eden shrugged a little, preferring to ask about Simon’s work with his father. Law was a respectable field. Simon continued, mentioning his dads were both good people and role models. Eden smiled bitterly. ”Too often people fighting on the side of justice get hurt though,” he murmured. But Simon seemed actually enthusiastic for the first time that day, going on that he wasn’t sure if he wanted to stay in the field but it was a good experience for him. ”Definitely. The experience you’re getting now will only help whatever you do in the future. I went through all of hit wizard training before switching to mediwizard, but it’s still useful knowledge. I know lots of the protocols, and it helps things run smoother for both sides.” he grinned ruefully. ”I think Callie rests a little easier too. Plus I’ve always liked healing more than dueling. You’ll find your thing. But law is a good first job. It opens lots of doors. And it’s stable work.”

Eden knew Mattie wanted to pursue music, and he knew his parents were still hesitant about it. They preferred something salaried and stable, he knew–and for the most part he agreed with them there. But he also knew that Mattie’s true love and passion was music, and he thought she was quite good at it anyways. Personally he saw nothing wrong with throwing everything she had into music– she could be a music teacher or do music therapy if nothing else worked out. The legal schedule– especially criminal law– could get quite rough, if he remembered anything from his own Wizard Law classes. But it paid well, and it was good work. Plus legality of music and usage and all the complications with magical and muggle use was a whole thing.

Why was he thinking like they were going to be married? He still hadn’t asked Simon about that.

Eden handed Simon a pair of light earmuffs–they weren’t shooting anything particularly heavy today– the point was to talk a bit after all. ”Hold this for me?” he asked, handing over two boxes of bullets. He noticed a bit of red color spreading down Simon’s hands–oh, red was exciting, right? Maybe this was a good thing?

A moment later he collected the box again and was about to lead the way back towards the range when he noticed Simon making some kind of…clicking sound. Like snapping, but with his mouth? Eden paused, a sense of unease creeping up, and scrutinised the younger boy. He knew Simon sometimes made sounds or noises idly, but now that he watched Simon for a moment, his eyes were flickering around worriedly.

”Simon? You okay?” He glanced around, but there was nothing quite unusual-- the range was quite empty since it was a weekday afternoon, so it was just the usual apparel and posters on display, advertisements of the lastest models available for rent. He noticed a poster advertising pigeon shooting--"Clay pigeons! There's an annual event for shooting clay pigeons. It's live rounds, but there's no animals involved. And we're just shooting targets today anyways. Simon?"

status Is there something particularly unnerving here?

♖♜

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:12 am
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? At least it's just targets...
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Worried

Simon watched as Eden simply nodded about the professors, then continued in on his father's legal career. "I'm sure it runs risks of being dangerous, but luckily, he is well prepared to defend himself. It's one of many reasons I studied Dueling." Hopefully Dueling turned out to be a topic they could both enjoy, given that Eden had been one of the heads of the Dueling Club at school. Then again, it meant he knew most of Simon's dueling tactics... which may or may not be a benefit to him.

Mismatched eyes (currently a deep violet and a vivid orange) looked over at Eden, nodding along as he spoke on the practical benefits of Simon's career. Eden even admitted that he'd been prepared to join the Hit Wizard career before changing to Healing. "It's certainly a good stepping stone. And I agree, I'm sure Callie is quite happy you are in the Healing career, especially with a new baby." He sent over a grin, hoping Eden was agreeable with the conversation. If only it was nice for ever, rather than turning into a nightmare.

They walked into the range, Simon looking around at everything. Eden handed over some fancy earmuffs, which Simon moved to wear around his neck. Eden then next handed over a couple boxes, which Simon took hesitantly. He glanced down to realize that it was two rather heavy boxes of ammo. His hair turned a shocked electric green, then quickly tamped down to a denim blue of anxiety. Simon clicked his tongue some more, holding the boxes at full arms length away from himself. He vaguely heard the older boy asking if he was okay, a small head-shake coming from the younger male.

Eden noticed a poster, which Simon turned his gaze toward. Apparently there was a shooting event coming up, and Eden reassured Simon they'd only be shooting targets, no animals involved. The meta quickly pushed the boxes back over toward the blonde, freeing up his red-streaked hands to sign. "I'm not super keen, but if you want to go forward, I can give it a try. I probably won't be very good." He glanced over his sunglasses, hoping Eden would have some level of pity for him. But, Simon had promised Mattie he'd try and have fun, so try he would do. He sent a nod at Eden, hair turning a soft grey with the worry he couldn't hide.

addaellis

Simon - #A46582
          Callie - #551033

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:49 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

Mediwizard

Simon seemed to cheer up a bit, and after a bit of figuring out the words, Eden realised Simon meant he was prepared to defend himself–hence the dueling. Eden grinned, remembering fondly the times they had dueled in the club. He had been so frustrated when Chadwick got the captainship over him, but now it was so far removed from his mind–plus Chadwick certainly made for the better captain. Eden was, in retrospect, perfectly fine just being one of the best duelists. Fewer logistics. More time to practice. Maybe he and Simon could do some more dueling on another one of these days.

In contrast to how well the conversation had been going, Simon now though shook his head that he was very much not okay. Eden tried reassuring him, before Simon pushed the boxes in hand back towards him and quickly signed a response. ”’I’m not super..keen. but if you want to go forward…I can give it a try.’ …Oh no need to worry about being very good. Like I said, I can help. This isn’t a competition.”

Well, if he meant to intimidate the boy, he seemed to have done an already fantastic job of that. Except…they hadn’t actually started or gone in yet. And Simon seemed more…startled and nervous than intimidated and scared. Eden gave him an awkward pat on the shoulder, trying to be comforting as he figured out what was going on. ”By…not keen, do you mean you’ve done this and don’t like it? What am I missing here?”

status Is there something particularly unnerving here?

♖♜

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:08 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? At least it's just targets...
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Confident?

As they spoke about Simon's papa, as well as the legal field in general, Simon was quite happy. Of course, the topic faded out as they walked around in the shooting range and Simon became more and more uncomfortable. Perhaps if he needed an out, Simon could just start asking questions about Eden and Mattie's family or something. Of course, he already knew quite a bit about them from Mattie, but Eden probably had more thoughts on the matter.

After Simon had managed to push away the boxes and sign over to the blonde, he frowned, but Eden had been able to translate. Of course, Eden assumed the worry was over being a bad aim, which wasn't entirely true. "That's not necessarily..." he started to sign, but he wasn't certain on what to say. Luckily, it seemed that Eden had figured out that something was amiss. Simon sighed softly, turning his gaze toward his shoes.

With Eden awkwardly patting his shoulder, Simon gained enough confidence to move forward in dialogue. "Something like that. We can say I have a bad history with weaponry, if that works. But Mattie said we should try and have fun, so if you're certain nothing will get hurt, I'm willing to try." He nodded hair swirling with a more confident harvest gold. Maybe... maybe he could just watch? And conversate while Eden showed off his skills. And next time, he'd see about convincing Eden to go where he wanted to go.

addaellis

Simon - #A46582
          Callie - #551033

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:38 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

Mediwizard

”A bad history with weaponry?” Eden asked, trying to figure out what Simon was held up by. He did think it was an important family thing they shared, but he also didn’t really want to traumatize Simon– Mattie would never forgive him if he scared Simon off!

Simon continued that he was willing to try if he was certain nothing would get hurt. That at least, he could assure: ”Nothing will get hurt. Check it out,” he said, unfolding a piece of thick paper that had been unobtrusively on the counter. Printed on it was a series of targets. ”This is what we’re shooting at. There’s a machine that can move the page to different distances, and we just shoot there.”

He set the target aside before turning back to Simon, who seemed like he was trying to put on a brave face. The tuft of hair was yet another colour now. ”Seriously. If you’d rather just get a coffee and chat, that’s fine.”

A bit boring maybe, but that was fine. Plus it might be better for the interrogation and getting to bond bit.

status Note: Simon doesn't like firearms. How has this never come up before?

♖♜

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:37 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Lunch sounds way safer...
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Apologetic

Simon clucked his tongue a few more times, nodding as Eden repeated his signs as words. He hadn't ever really delved much into his past with anyone besides his parents and Reggie. He honestly didn't think that he ever would be able to share the darkest parts of his history. Eden added that nothing would get hurt, even going so far as to show the targets they'd be aiming at, and despite the confirmation of non-violence, Simon simply couldn't see himself continuing with this plan.

"If you would like to go ahead, I can... watch. I just. Don't think I want to actually use anything dangerous." He shook his head a bit, sighing as his hair swirled into a deep aquamarine as he firmly decided he wouldn't be handling any weaponry that day. Hopefully Eden wouldn't be disappointed or anything. Simon tucked his hands into his pockets, the red finally fading from his skin. Hopefully it'd just stay normal color.

It was then that Eden offered an out. Simon nodded rapidly, then signed out. "I would quite prefer that. Maybe someday I'll be able to join here. But for now, lunch sounds good. We can head into town and I'll pay for lunch, if you'd like. I don't want you to have to be out of pocket for plans you didn't originally have." Luckily, he'd gone to the bank the day before, so he had plenty of money for food... or any other activities they may have. He looked up at the older male, hoping he wouldn't be too disappointed.

addaellis

Simon - #A46582
          Callie - #551033

The United Kingdom