[PRP] Ripe for Confusion [Sagonige(i)]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:52 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was late afternoon, and Sagonige Atadiusti was basking in the shade of a scrubby tree, waiting for the sun and the temperature to go down. There had been a hunt this morning, before the heat of the day had taken hold, but since then, the long hours of the afternoon had passed slowly. She'd napped a few of them away, but as sunset approached she found herself restless, irritated by the humidity and the flies, and by her sister Gosdaya's snoring. Unable to take it any longer, the blue-gray lioness rolled her eyes and rose to move away. She simultaneously loved her sister and found her profoundly irritating, but at this particular moment was leaning more towards the latter.

Her enthusiasm was commendable, and even endearing, but she was just so very...rough, unpolished and and completely unladylike. They couldn't have been more different from each other, sharing little more than a a superficial physical similarity here and there, and yet they had been born not only to the same parents, but into the same litter. It was baffling, and at times frustrating. Sagonige knew that her sister was closer to what a Mantis lion was supposed to be, eager and always in fit, fighting form, while she wanted no part of such pursuits. She got dragged into them regardless - her mother was alu'nadi, after all - but she hated it. Sometimes, she almost wished that upon marriage, the female could change clans. She knew that it didn't work that way and never would, but when she let it, the fact that she didn't quite fit bothered her.

She looked to where her older brother, Etawa, dozed, and sighed. He didn't really fit, either, but he didn't care. Nothing ever seemed to bother him, and she envied him that.

Uta
I lied. THIS ONE FIRST.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:25 pm
Meepfur
And a tag 2! Forgive any rustiness -- I don't think I've ever actually RPed him. o.o They should know one another at least by name, yes, given they're in the same clan? I assumed so, but let me know if that's not the case, haha.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was hot, and Sagonigei found himself restless, and perhaps, a bit bored. Though he had slept much of the day, with the sunlight creeping ever closer to the horizon, and the shadows growing longer with every passing moment, the large lion wanted to be up and moving. He heaved a great yawn, taking a moment to stretch out his limbs, before he gave himself a large shake to rid himself of the day's dust and any lingering flies. The lion wasn't sure what he wanted to do now that he was on his feet, but standing around, lazing the rest of the day away, didn't sound any more appealing.

No, he'd rather take off with no particular route in mind, and find out where he was headed as soon as his paws lead them there. A little adventure always seemed to appeal to the lion, though he doubted there would be too much new to discover. Lately, everything had felt and looked the same; maybe he was just in a bit of a rut, or suffering from summer boredom. He was ready for the Mantis Clan to move on from their current location.

Thankfully, it seemed he wasn't the only one restless. Not too far off, he noticed another figure moving away from the troupe of sleeping and dozing pridemates. She was the only life among Mantis Clan as far as he was concerned, and that meant a possible invitation to approach. "Sagonige," he called out in a loud whisper, trying not to disturb anyone, but hoping to catch the dusky coated lioness' attention all the same. He hoped she was in the mood for some company, because right now, he didn't want to have to carry a conversation alone. "Nice to see someone else up and about this evening." He knew it wouldn't be long before the rest of the clan stirred, but for now, Sagonigei was grateful to have stumbled upon the lioness who almost shared a name.

Uta

Shy Mage

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:33 am
The approach of another was both a welcome distraction from and a disturbance to her idly melancholy thoughts; she was caught between glad for the interruption jarred by it, though she showed none of the latter. Her expression was carefully polite, her posture straight and proper, and her smile friendly be not too friendly. Perfectly amiable, but subdued. Had it been her sister, she didn't doubt that their clanmate would have been subjected to her overbearing, albeit well-meaning, enthusiasm for everything ever.

"Sagonigei," came her answering hushed tones, accompanied by a respectful nod. It was a touch odd to speak what was essentially her own name to address someone else, especially a male. She was used to it by now - within the same clan, there were few true strangers - but it always stuck in her mind for a moment nonetheless. "I suppose it should be selfish to be glad that someone else can't sleep, but I will admit that I am."

Uta

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff