13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:47 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.-
-
-

With the Blood Guards and grunts under his command done and resting for the day, Ahri'ok himself felt restless. It was, of course, his duty to make sure the rest of the pride was safe, which is what led to his decision to inform both the High Warlord and the Farseer that he would be away for a while.

Of course, his little snark at not being gone 'quite as long as' their missing Warchief earned him not only a snap from the Farseer, but more than likely the scarps leftover for his evening meal.

Still, venturing away from the canon of the pride's home was a bit of relief. The season was coming where the males were getting rowdy, and the females whispered and giggled amongst themselves a little too much for his liking. The Farseer and shamans were sure to have their paws full soon, and he was glad to have nothing to do with that. It was only one season of many he'd been around for, and every time he just wanted to tell them all- especially those worthless peons- to shut up, get it over with, and go back to normal.

But that wasn't going to happen. At least out here, in the middle of almost nowhere, he could have peace and quiet. the large lion sat up from his rest at the base of a tree near a shrinking pond, shook out his mane and rolled his tongue out in a yawn. Not even a rabbit, so far, though the pond itself had provided several frogs. Mmm, frogs.

WC: 263

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:57 am
Kivras

User Image

Katika never thought she would experience the feeling of loneliness quite like what she was going through now. With Juu gone, and her two sons old enough to start their lives on their own, Kati just did not know what to do with her life. She contemplated joining a pride, but the question was still left, where should she even go? Should she find where her children went, and let them know in case they needed to find her for whatever reason?
No...They were adults. They did not need their mother's help anymore. Sighing, Kati shook her head as she wandered the rogue lands. For being prideless, her pelt was still pretty kept up. She did not want to be unsightly just because she was not in the safety net of another land.

She sniffed the air, frowning. Was she in someone else's territory? There was another's scent nearby, but she could not tell how fresh it was. A small splash caught her attention. Come to think of it, she was rather parched.

Following her ears, she stumbled across the small area, spotting another male occupying the spot. Kati stood, frozen for a moment, watching the lion carefully. "Hello...?"  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:23 am
One more frog and he'd head back home. At least, that's what he told himself about three frogs ago, and just now as he pawed out another little hopper to crunch in his mouth. He'd have to see if the rest of the pride would want to specifically go frog-hunting at some point.

In the middle of his crunching though, his ears swiveled around at approaching paws. Half of the frog was still hanging out of his mouth as he whipped his head-
ow neck- around to stare at an approaching lioness. Well, these were free lands, weren't they? Technically, theirs, but...honestly? Frogs put him in a good mood.

"Mrrfow?" Manners, something Ahri'ok lacked most times, would tell a lion not to speak with a mouthful of frog.

KasaiLoki

WC: 128

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:29 am
Kivras

Katika grimaced at the manners the other had. Was he...was he eating frogs?

The look of disgust was evident on her face as she shook her head. "I don't meant to...intrude...on your...meal." Kati found it hard to find the right words for the lion as he crunched on the amphibian. A small shudder ran through her, trying to keep her composure.

"I did not want to startle you. Is this your land?" She asked. All she wanted was a drink of water, however, she would not just up and approach the male without announcing her presence. That could be a good way to get hurt in the rogue life. "Frogs huh? Are those a...delicacy for you?" She had to know. Eating the slimy creatures did not seem like the most appetizing of sorts. Surely a nice rabbit or klipspringer would be a better meal.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:48 am
'Meal' was hardly the word he'd use. A leg of wildebeest was a meal. A whole pig was a meal. These were snacks, delicious and sweet...but not a meal in the least. Pride and arrogance dictated he show just how wrong the stranger was, and he set about slowly, delicately crunching up the small amphibian while staring her directly in the eyes with his own red ones. Once he was finished, he set about cleaning not only his maw, bloodied and slightly slimy at this point, but his paws as well.

"You could say that." He wasn't about to set the borders of the pride as smaller than they wanted it to, but they were far enough away for it to not matter too much. Rogues came and went, normally without incident. And this far out, they posed little to no threat. He didn't become a General by being soft and not knowing how to defend himself and the pride.

"They're delicious, but I don't normally...no." He could see one just beneath the surface of the water. "Feel free to grab one."

KasaiLoki

WC: 182

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:55 am
Kivras

Her head tilted. What did he mean when he said, you could say that? Was it or wasn't it?

Deciding not to push the subject, the lioness still approached the other. "I think I will pass, but thank you." She eyed one of the frogs that swam in the small pond. Nope, she wasn't going to do it. "I hope you don't mind me sharing the water hole for a quick drink though. It's been a while since I have stumbled across one, and with no rain recently, there have not been pop up ones on my travels." She waited briefly for an answer before lowering her head to lap up the murky liquid. She made do with it for now.

"Thank you," She said after a moment. "If this is your land, does it have a name?" She inquired, going back to his original comment about this being his land.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:17 pm
"Suit yourself." He waited only long enough for her to approach and drink the water as it settled, at least kind enough to not make her drink the mess he was about to make. Once she started talking again, a large paw shot out, slapped the water, and came back with a frantically croaking and flailing frog impaled on his claws.

"War Born." His reply was short, simple, and hopefully a hint as to what kind of lands these were for the lioness. "Not usually water around these parts. This-" He motioned with the paw not currently pinning a frog down to the pond, "Isn't going to last too long if there's not more rain."

And into the maw the frog went. For a moment, he didn't bite down, the amphibian croaking and flailing and- then he bit down. Unlike with the frog she found him with, this one he ate quickly, though he winced a bit as he had the joy of tasting the bile. That was the only bad thing with these things. THAT was disgusting.

"Thornscar, by the way." It was almost insulting how some rogues thought they could carry on conversations without asking for names, first. He may as well call them all 'You There'.

KasaiLoki

WC: 209

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:26 pm
Kivras

"Ugh" Kati could not contain the reaction from the sudden slap and impaling of the frog. She backed away from the male, letting him eat his snack without her so close

She nodded, understanding the meaning of the lands. She wouldn't tread much longer on them She was not a fighter, and although this male did not like he would attack, she would not take a chance. She had her fill of water, now it was time to head on out.

"I hope for your sake in these lands you get it. Otherwise you won't have any more frogs to snack on." Kati believed that to be a blessing, come to think of it

"Thornscar?" Oh! Was that his name? "Kati." She introduced. "Apologies that wasn't said earlier." Sometimes the female could get so wrapped up in conversation or by other actions introductions just fled from her thoughts. Most of the time she would not see the rogues again, being such a vast last, that getting a name could be considered obsolete.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:50 pm
"We make do with other things. Don't worry, a shortage of frogs would be the least of our worries." Finished with eradicating most of the pond's frog population, Ahri'ok shook out his mane as he pulled himself to his paws. A deep inhale was followed by a slow exhale as he looked back towards towards the direction of the canyon, then back to the lioness. Such a pitiful thing in his mind, those still stricken with fear of the Green Ones would have run her off on sight. Or, if incredibly stupid or scared, killed her.

"Careful if you stick around." He started the warning, already taking a few lumbering steps towards home, "I hope for your sake the rain washes your scent away and soon. Not all of my kin are as..." Bloodtusk called him lazy. So did Vileclaw. "...Nice, as me."

"Seriously. Try a frog. They're good. And easy for a snack." Was all he offered beyond that.

KasaiLoki
Fin after you post? biggrin

WC: 160

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:54 pm
Kivras
Fin!

"Dually noted." Kati said quietly. "Though, I can attest I will not be sticking around here. I bid you good day, Thornscar." She said, turning on own hind legs as the male headed away in the opposite direction.

"No thanks!" She called out to him, a small chuck escaping her maw. Yeah, there was no way the lioness would touch one of those things, let alone consume it. When the male was out of sight, she visibly gagged at the thought. "Frogs will never be a good eat." She snorted, trotting away from the War Born lands, to somewhere that would be considered a bit more peaceful.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

[IC] Vita'Alizaliwa Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces