Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Brianna & Arden's Flat

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:19 pm
xxxxxxxxxxx BRIANNA & ARDEN'S FLAT xxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

LOCATED IN London, England

xxxxxxxxxxFIRST FLOORxxxxxxxxxx

User Image...User Image

| Kitchen/Living Room | Bathroom |

User Image...User Image

| Brianna & Arden's Bedroom | Gym |

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:51 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxH O U S E x O C C U P A N T Sxxxxxxxxxxxx

Brianna Overton
| Home | Work | Elsewhere|

Arden Strudwick
| Home | Work | Elsewhere|

Colton Overton
| Home | Work | Elsewhere | Moved |

Mackenzie Overton
| Home | Work | Elsewhere | Moved |

Charlotte Overton
| Home | Daycare | Elsewhere | Moved |

xxxxxxxxxxxxF A M I L Y x P E T Sxxxxxxxxxxxx

Secret the Chipmunk
| Home | Elsewhere |

Ghost the Owl
| Home | Elsewhere |

Xylo the Owl
| Home | Elsewhere | Moved |

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:55 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxH I S T O R Yxxxxxxxxxxxx

⟹ Mackenzie and Colton moved in with Mackenzie's owl Xylo in 2040

⟹ Charlotte was born in 2048

⟹ Mackenzie, Colton, and Charlotte moved out with Mackenzie's owl Xylo in 2049. Brianna moved in the same year

⟹ Secret was brought home in 2052

⟹ Arden moved in with Ghost in 2055

xxxxxxxxxxxxC O N T A C Txxxxxxxxxxxx

⟹ Not Connected to the Floo Network

⟹ Allows Apparition

⟹ Allows Owl Messages

xxxxxxxxxxxxV I S I T O R Sxxxxxxxxxxxx

⟹ None  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:37 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Colton's Flat
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Colton, Kenzie, Sadie, Gilly
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Heartbreak
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I just don't understand what I did wrong...

Everything had started off so well that morning. Connor had left early for work as usual, with Sadie by his side. He'd even had a lovely talk with some of his coworkers and a nice lunch. Unfortunately, when he came home, his happy day turned around. He went into the house, tilting his head a bit as he heard a bit of commotion in the bedroom. The blind man followed his ears, despite a steadily spreading frown. Usually Rowan was there to greet him, but this just sounded... different? He rapped his knuckles on the door, then gently pushed it open. "Ro? Is everything alright? You're making awfully... loud sounds up here?" His voice betrayed his worry, the man not used to this weird feeling in his gut.

What he didn't know was that the sounds he heard were Rowan packing all his clothes, shoes, and sentimental belongings into a suitcase. "Connor.... I... I can explain." The male took pause, not sure what to make of the hesitation in her voice. All at once, his mind began to wave flags, telling him to flee, but he tapped his fingers on the door frame and tried to control his breathing. "Explain what, Ro? What is going on?" A heavy silence filled the room at his words, followed by a soft swish of sheets and the thud of something very heavy at his feet. No words spoke, but his heart fell. What had happened? "Rowan...? What's..." He didn't have the ability to say anything more, as deep down, he had a terrible worry as to just what was happening.

"Connor. This is... well, I've thought about this all, and I've decided we should get a divorce." A knife ripped through his heart "I've been, well, falling out of love with you for months now and this really is the best course of action." A crushing blow to his soul "So I've spent the day packing your things here so you're all ready to go. Which would be easier if you weren't so... dependent on me." A solid hit to his very core "Why... I mean... it's... but..." He stammered, struggling to come up with the words he'd need for all of this information he'd been handed. "See, I know what you're wanting to say, I do, and I get it. It's a lot. But, y'know, I've been thinking for a while on it, so it should come as no surprise to you. Unless you thought I've been happy all along? In which case, you really are blind, aren't you? Though, to people, not well... everything." She chuckled at her own words, the sound coming across as mocking and painful for Connor. He had no idea she hadn't been happy, and the feeling of guilt slammed into his ribs, delivering the final, crushing blow.

"So you've had... you've already figured this out? Without me? Sh-... shouldn't I be a part of the discussion?" His voice was pleading, hoping desperately this was all just some sort of elaborate hoax. A moment of silence, followed by what he swore was a snort, the woman spoke up. "No, Connor. You're the problem. It's just, we're not compatible. Sucks we didn't figure it out before we got married, but oh well. s**t happens, right?" He was so rocked by her callous, almost uncaring words that he felt his fingers going numb. It'd been many years since he felt the need to retreat inside himself, but he felt his brain starting to go into panic mode. "Well... I-I suppose we can try a-a few nights apart.... um... D-did you have a place to stay?" He rubbed the back of his neck, trying his best to make his head relax from the waves of emotion flying over him. "Mmmmm yea, see, that's the thing. We're not doing this temporary trial-basis bullshit. And, since, well, I picked it out, I figured you were just gonna give me the house. I know you bought it and all, but... well, you love me, right?"

And so it was, her last words serving to rip his heart out. He took his suitcase and grabbed Sadie and Gilbert and headed outside. It had started raining heavily, but as he turned to try and step back inside, the door slammed, followed by the soft click of the deadbolt. He sighed, letting his breath offer an ever-so-slight reprieve from the downpour. He laid his jacket over Sadie so she wouldn't get too wet, then followed the well-worn path to the road. From there, he hailed the Knight Bus to London. Once there he stepped into Diagon and carefully counted his steps. He'd accidentally gone into the wrong building one too many times before. Luckily, Sadie was with him, the dog leading him up the steps. Once at the top, Connor knocked just loud enough to be heard over the din of the storm. He just had to hope his brother was home. Sure enough, the door flew open and a warm set of hands pulled Connor into the warmth of the flat. The younger twin heard muffled words around him for a minute, his brain too fuzzy to try and make sense of anything. After a few seconds he felt a warm towel drape over the back of his head, then the words started swimming into focus.

Colton had just been eating dinner when the knock came, and upon opening the door, he had realized something was very wrong. "Connor? Connor! Hey! Con...." He looked over at Kenzie, hoping she might know how to help. He released Sadie from her harness, letting the dog seek refuge within the house. He also took Connor's suitcase, realizing how heavy it was and what it must contain. Oh dear, something very bad had happened indeed. "Connor! Hey, hey, there you are. Hey, you're safe. What happened?" He looked his twin up and down, trying to see if there was any chance he was wrong. Unfortunately, he had a sinking feeling that he was very, very correct.

Connor allowed his brother to take away some of his burden, including the dreaded (and now soaked) suitcase. He also felt his tie being loosened, though it didn't help the crippling tightness in his chest. When Colton said he was safe, a bubble of relief touched the younger boy's very soul. He pushed forward, wrapping his brother in a hug. Despite being soaking wet, he felt Colton's comforting arms around him. After spending what felt like forever holding it in, sobs ripped through Connor, shaking him with the weight of his grief. "She... she doesn't... doesn't love me anymore..." His voice was almost silent, but to Colton, it was louder than the rumbling thunder outside. The older twin felt a coursing rage run through him, with part of him wanting to run out and hurt the person who so devastated Connor, but the other, more rational part knew his place was right there, holding his twin and doing everything he could to ease his heart. After only a moment, the boys both sank to the ground, and Colton just supported his now rather limp brother. Maybe, just maybe they'd get over this or Rowan would come to her senses. Something, anything had to happen soon, because Colton couldn't bear to see his twin in such agony.

kiska166

Tʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴄʟᴏᴄᴋ ɪs ᴀ ᴄᴏᴍꜰᴏʀᴛ, ɪᴛ ʜᴇʟᴘs ᴍᴇ sʟᴇᴇᴘ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ. Mᴀʏʙᴇ ɪᴛ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴏᴘ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ꜰʀᴏᴍ sᴛᴇᴀʟɪɴɢ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ
I ᴀᴍ ʜᴇʀᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ I sᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴍʏ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛs. I ᴀᴍ ᴅᴀᴍᴀɢᴇᴅ ᴀᴛ ʙᴇsᴛ, ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ꜰɪɢᴜʀᴇᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ
Tʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ʟᴏᴄᴋs ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀᴅ. I ᴛʀɪᴇᴅ ᴍʏ ʙᴇsᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɢᴜᴀʀᴅᴇᴅ, I'ᴍ ᴀɴ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ɪɴsᴛᴇᴀᴅ
I'ᴍ ʜᴀɴɢɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴅᴀʏ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ
Aɴᴅ I'ᴍ ʜᴀɴɢɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ʏᴏᴜ sᴀʏ, ʏᴏᴜ sᴀɪᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴏᴋᴀʏ
I'ᴍ ꜰᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ᴀᴘᴀʀᴛ, I'ᴍ ʙᴀʀᴇʟʏ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's sᴛɪʟʟ ʙᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:31 pm
User Image

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

╔════════════════════════════╗
                                                Mackenzie Hawthorne
                                                Gryffindor Alumna - Twenty Three Years Old - Halfblood - Engaged
                                                Shutterbutton's Photography Studio

╚════════════════════════════╝

Mackenzie had been enjoying her rainy evening inside, eating dinner in her dry, comfortable clothing. There was just something so romantic about eating a meal with the love of her life while listening to the sound of pouring rain outside. It was even more romantic with the rock on her finger – honestly, it’s been there since February and Mackenzie had only taken it off to shower or sleep. All of her friends were probably so annoyed with her constantly talking about how excited she was to get married and how much fun she was having planning her – erm, their wedding, and how much she looooved her fiancé. It felt like the honeymoon phase in their relationship all over again.

The brunette looked up when she heard a knock on the door. When Colton opened it, she was surprised to see Connor with Sadie and Gilbert, a suitcase, and all of them utterly drenched. Mackenzie and Colton must have realized what was going on at the exact same moment, for she rushed over to the cabinet for a towel and wrapped her fiancé’s twin up as Colton took his suitcase. Time had felt as though it had frozen. Kenzie felt her heart drop into her stomach when the twin began to sob, stating through his muffled voice that Rowan didn’t love him. All this time, Mackenzie always felt a little jealous of her soon to be brother-in-law’s relationship, but now she saw the Slytherin for who she truly was – a snake. A b***h. If she ever loved Connor, she would have not left him like this. Mackenzie didn’t even know what to say. What could she say? Heartbreak was awful, and it hurt to see those who are close to her go through such pain. She could call Rowan names and say that Connor was better off without her, but what good would that do right now? Instead, the witch stood walked over to the kitchen and turned on the kettle. Some tea was bound to help a little more than words could.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:24 pm
User ImageUser Image

xx↝ Ɯнєяє Aм I? Home
xxx↝ Ɯнσ ιѕ Ɯιтн Mє? Kenzie, Connor, Sadie
xxxx↝ Ɯнαт'ѕ Ɠσιηg Oη? Mass Chaos
xxxxx↝ Ɯнαт'ѕ ιη Mу Hєαɗ? Thank Merlin I know Connor so well

Colton had just been trying to enjoy a nice dinner with his fiancee, and now suddenly he was dealing with romantic fallout. He held his brother tight, feeling a bit weird over being soaked from Connor's damp outfit. He looked over to watch Kenzie grabbing towels and starting tea. "Hey, Con. Let's grab you some fresh clothes, then we can have tea and try to figure out what... what the hell is going on. And we will, don't worry. There must be... something." He sighed heavily, watching his brother sway a bit, but nod in agreement. Colton used his wand to hit Connor with a hot-air charm, then rooted through his suitcase for clothes. Damn. Couldn't Rowan at least have put weatherproofing charms on it? All his clothes were soaked. Luckily, Colton just so happened to wear the same size clothes.

Colton led his twin to the bedroom and set out some warm pajamas, then stepped back out to talk to his fiancee. "Hey, this is... all crazy. I tried to call mum, but she and dad are on some adventure... somewhere. Can we put Connor up for a while? I know we're just engaged, but... I can't just leave him on his own." He sniffled, then wiped a tear on his shirtsleeve. It broke his heart to see his brother in so much agonizing pain. He turned when he heard Sadie whimpering, then he directed the dog into the bathroom so he could try to dry her off. "Kenz? Do we have any dog shampoo? Ugh, sit still, Sadie. Please don't sha--- ugh!"

Connor walked out of hie brother's bedroom, feeling like a child all over again. He clicked his tongue a few times, drumming his fingers on the wall as he navigated around a bit. "Mackenzie? I'm really sorry I'm intruding. I know I can't be the best guest right now." He tilted his head down, a frown settled firmly in place. He felt immense guilt over suddenly invading their home, especially knowing they didn't exactly have room to take guests. "I promise I won't be here long. I'll pay rent too, and for food. I feel terrible just... showing up. I didn't even call." Not that Colton's phone would've rang, given they were located in Diagon Alley... but still. He shuffled nervously, freezing for a second as he felt Gilly slither over his sock-clad toes. The blind man squat down and scooped up the snake, gently tucking him in the shirt pocket of his borrowed pajamas.

Colton wandered back out, looking wet and a bit soapy. "Sadie's clean. I'm a mess." He chuckled, sending Kenzie a look asking if Connor had continued his silence. Luckily, Colton knew exactly one person as well as he knew himself. He knew Connor would remain quiet and weirdly formal for a while, then he'd hit the breakdown. Once that happened, he'd mentally recover decently quickly. The same thing happened when they lost their first pet as a kid, then again when their uncle passed. This was different, sure, but Colton was still pretty sure he had a lock on the situation.

kiska166

Sᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ, ɢᴇᴛ ʜɪɢʜᴇʀ, ʟᴏᴏsᴇɴ ᴍʏ ʟɪᴘs
Fᴀɪᴛʜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴇsɪʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴡɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜɪᴘs
Jᴜsᴛ ᴘᴜʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅʀᴏᴡɴ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ
Sᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ, ɢᴇᴛ ʜɪɢʜᴇʀ, ʟᴏᴏsᴇɴ ᴍʏ ʟɪᴘs
Fᴀɪᴛʜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴇsɪʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴡɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜɪᴘs
Jᴜsᴛ ᴘᴜʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅʀᴏᴡɴ ᴍᴇ, ᴅʀᴏᴡɴ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ
Iᴛ's ᴀʟʟ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ, ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʟ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ, ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʟ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ, ɪᴛ's sᴏ ʀɪɢʜᴛ
Sᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ɢᴇᴛ ʜɪɢʜᴇʀ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴡᴏʀᴋs, ʟᴏᴠᴇ
Eᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴡᴏʀᴋs ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀᴍs.

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:41 pm
User Image

╔════════════════════════════╗
                                                Mackenzie Hawthorne
                                                Gryffindor Alumna - Twenty Three Years Old - Halfblood - Engaged
                                                Shutterbutton's Photography Studio

╚════════════════════════════╝

Mackenzie looked back down at the twins from the kitchen to where they were sitting on the floor. “I know you probably don’t want to hear me say that everything will be okay, but it will,” she piped up. Connor was smart, kind, and handsome – he will easily find someone who really loves him. “What kind of tea do you both want?” After they had responded, they had wandered off towards the bedroom to change.

As Kenzie steeped their tea bags, Colton came back out into the kitchen. At first, the brunette didn’t answer him as she had to process what was going on. They were engaged, and her soon to be brother-in-law was dumped and now going to stay with them? On top of that, Colton’s eyes had teared up and one drop had actually rolled down his cheek. “Babe, of course he can stay,” she answered before hugging him. This probably wasn’t a good time to ask why he couldn’t kick Rowan out of their place or how long he’d be staying. If it was just a couple of days, Mackenzie would do her best to keep her mouth shut. Although if he stayed longer, then she’d bring those questions up. Mackenzie looked down at Sadie, who was still wet and now whimpering. “We should still have some left from last time. Check under the sink!” she called as Colton made his way into the bathroom. Sadie was lucky they dog sat her often enough to keep dog shampoo in their canine-less home.

Mackenzie had placed the full tea cups on the counter just in time for Connor to emerge in a fresh set of clothing. “It’s okay, life happens sometimes,” she commented. Mackenzie did truly mean that it was okay for him to intrude – he was family and needed them right now. The brunette lit up a bit when Connor promised he wouldn’t stay long. “If you aren’t staying long, then don’t worry about the rent.” Food, on the other hand, would be helpful since the price would be increasing an additional 50% (give or take). “Tea’s ready by the way.”

By the time Colton emerged from the bathroom covered in soap, Mackenzie and Connor were already enjoying their drinks. “Hurry and get changed; your tea’s gonna get cold,” she ordered, returning Colton’s look with a look of her own which confirmed that the blind twin had been pretty silent, minus his apology for staying over. The couple’s silent communication had gotten quite good over the past several years although Colton and Connor’s was better somehow. It’d be pretty interesting to see how they’d communicate if Connor could actually see.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Miss GryffindorK

Private Homes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff