Welcome to Gaia! ::

→ Labyrinth

Back to Guilds

Welcome to the many homes of the Dwellers! 

Tags: breedable, doggos, changeable, wolves, monster 

Reply → Archives
[Closed] First Round Hiring!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Labyrinth Realm
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:33 pm
User Image

Welcome to the hiring thread for Labyrinth! We're a brand new shop looking to start our team and begin making Labyrinth a functional shop. We'll be hiring as we see applicants we like, but for the initial first wave we'll be selecting our first few team members by July 31st. After that, we'll run on a "hire as we need" system.

Rules:
                - Everything you make on our lines is for Labyrinth usage only. You may shows others, of course, but you cannot use work here for another shop (you may use it as a sample tho!).
                - We will not give our critique until the application is finished. You may request critique after you've heard our initial decision (we will always tell you our decision, whether it's a yes or no.) NOTE: For the first hiring round, we won't tell you our decision until July 12th!
                - Being rejected means you can apply again! c:
                - All work shown must be your work and yours alone. You can use b/c pets you've colored as samples, but it should be YOUR coloring!

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:34 pm
User Image

So, for lineartist position, your primary goal is to create additions to existing lines that can be utilized by coloring staff. There is also another lineartist position for making items and familiars if editing existing art isn't your thing!

Expectations:
                - We're looking to add at least [2] lineartists! We may hire more or less, but that's the goal.
                - Lineartists would be expected to contribute when they can, and on request. However, this doesn't mean you need to be pumping out work 24/7! It's also understood a request can take a few days to weeks depending on complexity and your schedule! That's absolutely fine.
                - You may be a colorist and a lineartist at the same time. You aren't limited to only lineart.
                - Any lines you make on our art or for the shop belongs to Labyrinth. When you quit, we retain the rights to the templates created.
                - You'll be expected to run a template shop for customers to requests templates. You may deny or accept any request after getting approval from Nymph if the edit is doable! You make 100% what you earn through this shop.

Pay:
                - 100% what you make in your template shop
                - If requested to make a specific template for another colorist's work or event (making an edit for a custom, auction, etc), can earn anywhere from 10% to 50% what the project makes
                - Any staff credit gathered can be spent freely

Application:
                - The application is fairly simple! Request files by PMing Doggo Realm and you'll be sent the male and female lines (without edits) for Doggos
                - You must make at least 3 edits of your choosing and pick at least 1 edit from the list of edits below. That means at least four samples. If you're also applying for colorist position you may color the files and edit your form to indicate interest in both! You do NOT need to apply for lineartist unless you want to; being an edit colorist does not automatically make you a lineartist.
                - If you're looking to do lineart for familiars, items, etc then note that. Show us 3 items or 3 pet concepts fully lined. You may mix your samples if you wish to apply for both.

List of Edits:
                - Bone fragments
                - Unique ears
                - Jewelry
                - Extra fluff
                - Wings
                - Removed limb
                - Elemental addition (any elemental like edit)
                - Hair edit
                - Edited mouth
                - Extra tail edit (newly lined)
                - Dragon tail

Form:
                [size=11][b]Username:[/b]
                [b]Preferred Name:[/b]
                [b]Preferred Pronouns:[/b]
                [b]Applying for:[/b] Lineartist/Colorist/Other Role
                [b]Availability:[/b] (there is only a full time position for this)
                [b]Timezone:[/b]
                [b]Do you use Discord?:[/b] (you need to download and use Discord if hired, as we primarily work on Discord when doing meetings)

[b]Previous Shop Experience:[/b]
                [b]Samples:[/b] (if you lack samples from other shops or projects just note n/a)

[b]Application Samples:[/b] (please read the required sample list throughly)

[b]Item/Familiar Samples:[/b] (if applying to do familiars and/or items instead of lineart work on the breedable lines)

[b]Any notes/comments:[/b] [/size]

User Image

Labyrinth Realm
Crew

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:29 pm
User Image

Colorists are a huge part of what makes Labyrinth go smoothly. Without them, we'd have less chances for plots to be fulfilled. Labyrinth strives to ensure colorists are comfortable within their role and that all needs are met between customers and colorists. We won't ever ask you to sacrifice RL for us, nor will we demand you open your schedule past what you've already offered.

However, that also means being open with us 100% and letting us know what and when things happen. If you applied for full time and suddenly can't meet the requirements, tell the owner! You can be placed as part time or even guest colorist. If you want to be promoted, ask! We're here to work with you. If you vanish for months and leave work piled up without a reason why, we might have to remove you. Of course, that's situational — if you suddenly vanish due to RL and come back you won't find you've been removed. Your work will have been given away, but you'll still be staff and can discuss with Nymph future plans. However, if we see you posting in other shops consistently and clearly around while having abandoned your work and the customers, you'll be removed.

Again, we just ask for honesty! You'll find we're very happy to find solutions! The only reason for removal would be serious circumstances. RL getting in the way is not a circumstance that will usually cause for removal. Things happen, we get it.

Full time colorists are expected to run at least three pets a month. It can be a mini-event, a small series of games, random in-thread chances, customs, etc. You're the backbone and will be asked to help with events, run breedings and customs, etc. General activity and involvement with the customers is A+! Full time colorists are allowed to run their own events (with approval), host multiple breedings and customs a month, and generally get full reign to do what they want as long as general shop rules and staff rules are followed.

Part time colorists are expected to contribute to the shop at least once a month in some way. A solo game, adding things to an upcoming event, smaller breedings, whatever it is you think you can do! Part time colorists can only run smaller breedings and customs to ensure their workload doesn't get too high, and they must work with a full time colorist with events and larger projects. You can be promoted to full time by request.

Guest colorists make what they want when they want, but cannot host their own breedings or customs. They can join customs and breedings being run at that time. They also can add to events, make smaller games, etc etc, but cannot make larger projects. They work on a 'come as you please' schedule. You can be promoted to part time or full time by request.

Expectations:
                - We're looking to add at least [4] colorists! We may hire more or less, but the goal is 4.
                - You do not need to know how to edit, although it is a perk!
                - You may be a colorist and a lineartist at the same time. You aren't limited to only colorist, but lineartist is another full position.
                - Please understand the position you're applying for and, at the time of applying, be truthful in the amount of time you can dedicate to the shop!
                - Color inside the lines and keep things nice and clean. We don't really have restrictions on edits and colors (and the small ones we do restrict for edits we'll discuss if/when hired).
                - Color the lines. You can color the lines one solid color or color the lines to match the markings. Either way, don't leave them black unless the character is incredibly dark already. How you color the lines is YOUR choice! We love different styles here!

Pay:
                - 100% what you make in your events, customs, etc unless pairing with a lineartist (you can discuss pay with them as a team).
                - Any staff credit gathered can be spent freely

Coloring Do's and Don'ts:
                - DO color the lines, whether that means coloring it one solid color or coloring it to match markings
                - DON'T shade the body. You can put highlights and shading on: eyes, shiny trinkets/jewelry, hair, and minor things that call for it, but for the most part the shop is a flat-color shop and uses shading/highlighting to bring out some details.
                - DO feel free to edit as you please! Thanks to the major magical aspect of the shop, about any edit works! Just DON'T hybrid species with another species (i.e Kyrin and Doggo hybrid)

Application:
                - The application is fairly simple! Request files by PMing Doggo Realm and you'll be sent the male and female lines (without edits) for Doggos
                - If applying for an unedited colorist position, ignore the edit list below. If applying to do edited pets, pick at least 1 edit from the list below to put onto 1 or more of your samples.
                - You must make 3 samples at least and breed two of them to make a 4th sample as their child.

List of Edits:
                - Bone fragments
                - Unique ears
                - Jewelry
                - Extra fluff
                - Wings
                - Removed limb
                - Elemental addition (any elemental like edit)
                - Hair edit
                - Edited mouth
                - Extra tail edit (newly lined)
                - Dragon tail

Form:

[b]Applying for:[/b] Colorist/Lineartist/Other Role
                [b]Availability:[/b]
                [b]Do you use Discord?:[/b] (you need to download and use Discord if hired, as we primarily work on Discord when doing meetings)
                [b]Unedit or Edit Colorist:[/b]

[b]Samples:[/b] (if you lack samples from other shops or projects just note n/a)

[b]Application Samples:[/b] (please read the required sample list throughly)

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:31 pm
User Image

Labyrinth is still new and young, and while there's an idea of what the shop needs it also is early enough to ask you, the applicants, what you think we need. Have a skill or talent you think will help the shop? Fill the form below and state what you could do.

We do not need a certer at this current time! <3

Known things we need:
                - A few moderators to keep lists, guides, and threads updated as well keep the thread going. This includes approving powers, realms, etc and approaching Nymphiea when unsure. Mods can run games in-thread, ESPECIALLY games that promote character development and RP.
                - Assistant. Someone to help keep on top of deadlines, project management, and work with shop owner to make the shop run smoother (and offer ideas)! This may be a job eventually given to a moderator in the future?

Form:
                [b]Availability:[/b]

[b]Role Suggestion:[/b] (what are you offering to us? feel free to make up any role name or leave it up to us to define if you're unsure how to label yourself!)
                [b]Application Samples:[/b] (if needed for the role you're suggesting)

User Image

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:59 pm
User Image

Ebonrune: - xxx - Contacted: N
                Bluedemonwolf: - xxx - Contacted: N

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:37 pm
Username: Ebonrune
Preferred Name: Ebby or Ebon
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Availability: Most times 3PM - 4AM All days
Timezone: EST
Do you use Discord?: But of course!

Previous Shop Experience: I am squeaky brand new!

Role Suggestion: Mini-Mod (Newbie). Learning the ropes, what is needed and how to do it so I can help the customers, the other mods and you as needed.
Application Samples: N/A

Any notes/comments: I appreciate this opportunity.

Ebonrune

Captain

Peculiar Human

Bluedemonwolf
Crew

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:45 pm
Username: Bluedemonwolf
Preferred Name: Blue
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Availability: Most weekdays between 6pm - 8pm (summer tends to be more of 9pm). Weekends if not visiting with family are pretty much an all day deal
Do you use Discord?: No not really. -shot- Yes I have Discord and I use it all the time.

Previous Shop Experience: Duality- Was an RP moderator, shop assistant, and colorist. I helped set up events and made sure things were updated and ran somewhat smoothly. I also helped keep an eye on rp related things, not that rp was really big in that shop.
Moonlit Shadows- Role Play Assistant Manager (still marked as currently that but the shop is pretty dead so I haven't really been doing much with that) and colorist.
Was hired in a couple of other shops that died right after hiring me. If you want their names I can give them to you. I was in a moderator/rp mod position for them when hired.

Role Suggestion: Realm Creator.... kidding. Just a regular mod, perhaps focused on helping with realm creation and the like. Granted I'm also really good about keeping event stuff, lists and the like, updated.
Application Samples: n/a

Any notes/comments: if you want details on events I helped run or other things I did just ask.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:05 pm
Username: lemonlimetea
Preferred Name: lemon
Applying for: Part Time Colorist
Availability: 5 PM - 8 PM when I have school, I'm more active in the summer
Do you use Discord?: I'll download it if I get hired!
Unedit or Edit Colorist: Edit Colorist

Previous Shop Experience: I'm new!
Samples: n/a

Application Samples: 1 2 3 4
Any notes/comments: I can draw some lineart for the shop, but I don't think I'll have enough time to do it as a full position (o u o)b

ssushimi

thrivis

Crew

Bashful Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:48 pm
Username: Thrivis
Preferred Name: No preference really - Thrivis, Thriv, T, or Erika are standard
Preferred Pronouns: she but I'm not picky
Applying for: colorist
Availability: guest
Timezone: Pacific
Do you use Discord?: Yes (Thrivis #7740) although I don't seem to be fast enough to use it. I only end up getting announcements and DMs.
Unedit or Edit Colorist: Unedit

Previous Shop Experience: Full disclosure I guess, I dabbled in b/c circa 2011, kind of abandoned a shop back then when I vanished from Gaia for six years. RL got ridiculous and I moved across state lines.
I came back in May 2017 because I remember Gaia being inspiring and motivating for art stuff. Did some art for an avi bust shop for a while:
Samples: Gaia Art commissions between Sept 2017 and May 2018:
Commission finished May 2018
Commission finished Nov 2017 A
Commission finished Nov 2017 B
October 2017 Headshot
Not shop art, just freebie speed paint practice for random soq peeps this month:
freebie 1
freebie 2
freebie 3
freebie 4

Application Samples: I think these might be sexy I hope TwT I friggin' love this lineart~
1 - Female - fire leaf
2 - Female - camo sport
3 - Male - mantle
4 - Male - blue lemon
5 - Male - snowblind (smoll deleted pupil edit)
1 x 3 = Female - lava laurel
1 x 3 = Female - lava laurel alternate

Any notes/comments: I realize I'm more of a portrait type person I guess, not so much a pet designer type. Just trying to look for new ways to learn and make and share and grow. I think I learned something just playing on these, lol. I like feedback and prompts.
Trying for guest since I'm not terribly confident, and the monthly requirements for other positions is a little steep for my schedule.
Thank you for considering!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:13 am
Username: Nivakun_Rii
Preferred Name: Niva
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Applying for: Part-time colorist
Availability: Random (Depending on my RL schedule)
Timezone: GMT+8
Do you use Discord?: Yes, occasionally

Previous Shop Experience: N/A
Samples: N/A

Application Samples: Just simple designs hope you like it ~
Male 1
Female 1
Female 2
Male 2-bred from Male1xFemale1

Any notes/comments: Still a beginner in coloring and I hope by joining this shop can motivate me to improve my skills~

Nivakun_Rii

xKOVAKtheWOLFx
Crew

Trash

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:31 am
Username: xKOVAKtheWOLFx
Preferred Name: Kovak, Ko
Preferred Pronouns: she, her
Applying for: Colorist
Availability: guest, part time
Timezone: PST
Do you use Discord?: yes
Unedit or Edit Colorist: doesn't matter!

Previous Shop Experience: I was a colorist for Herds of Azreth
Samples: ---

Application Samples: Sample 1 | Sample 2 | Sample 3 (WIP)] | Sample 4 | Sample 5 (BREEDING)

Any notes/comments: <3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:33 pm
Username: CascadingRayn
Preferred Name: Rayne
Availability: Afternoons (5-8 EST)
Do you use Discord?: A. Lot.

Previous Shop Experience: Certist for Mytheral

Role Suggestion: Den updater for when new pets are added to a den, and creates and manages dens to keep them up to date
Application Samples: Uh.... no but i can do some ;3

Any notes/comments:

CascadingRayn

Adorable Noob

Bluedemonwolf
Crew

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:53 pm
Username: Bluedemonwolf
Preferred Name: Blue
Applying for: Colorist - part time or guest
Availability: Most weekdays between 6pm - 8pm (summer tends to be more of 9pm). Weekends if not visiting with family are pretty much an all day deal
Do you use Discord?: Yes

Previous Shop Experience: Duality - Was an edited colorist as well as RP moderator and shop assistant.
Moonlit Shadows- Colorist (did edits but they didn't separate colorists really) and role play assistant manager
Was hired on a trial basis in another shop but they quickly went mia after I joined so I never got to finish a pet there.
Samples: Moonlit Shadows - 1, 2a and 2b
Duality - 1a, 1b, 1c, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Masks of the Gods (a shop I hope to one day finish setting up) - 1a, 1b, 1c, 2a, 2b, 3, 4

Application Samples: Swirl Male, Sunrise/Sunset Female, Socks Female, Breeding Male

Any notes/comments: Moonlit Shadows was the first shop I colored in so all of my samples from there are old. Plus I seem to be missing a lot of my files for there so I don't have many samples from them. If you want more I can try to dig up pets that I colored. Also all of the shading is messed up on the duality files as for some reason the psd didn't keep the shading layers correctly. They are also all from several years ago. The newest would be my fox masks. If you want more samples just let me know!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:32 pm
Username: Peter D Hook
Preferred Name: Peter
Applying for: Colorist or Lineartist
Availability: Currently, I'm always free!
Timezone: CST
Do you use Discord?: Yup!
Unedit or Edit Colorist: Editssss

Previous Shop Experience: Silver Lining, The Lucky Noodle
Samples: TLN Sample 1 TLN Sample 2 TLN Sample 3 TLN Sample 4

Application Samples: Winged Boy Inky Gal Raptor OC Breeding (Inky Raptor)

Any notes/comments: I'll be sure to add a few more, once I'm back from my trip this weekend! Most importantly, I missed Gaia and coloring B/C pets, so I'm eager to come back and do it again! Regardless, I appreciate the opportunity!

ArtificialJellyfish

Feral Trickster

→ Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces