Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Quinlan Family Home Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:49 am
Learn more about our Heroes here!
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:58 am
User Image

Rodrick Quinlan NPC
            ~Home/Working
            ~ Financial Advisior

Heather QuinlanNPC
            ~Home
            ~Homemaker

Cian Quinlan played by Kungfudemomess
                      ~Home
                      Hogwarts Student

Aeryn Quinlan played by Miss GryffindorK
                      ~Home
                      Future Hogwarts Student

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:12 am
User Image

~ Address is 237 Carntyne Pl Glasgow G32 6JW Scotland
~ Cian has a Ferret named Batman
~ It is in the suburbs of Glasgow
~
~

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:28 pm
User Image
xCian Quinlan xxxx Slytherin 2nd Yearxxxx Reserve Beater

You hear the door slam
                                                          And realize there's nowhere left to run
                                                          You feel the cold hand
                                                          And wonder if you'll ever see the sun
                                                          You close your eyes

Cian was going to miss school for once. He already had plans to either have the twins visit him or he visit them based on what they could get their parents to agree too. But in all, he missed home too. Sure he had come back for Christmas, but that was different. Batman the ferret was happy to see him and with permission, he promised Batman he would get to come next time. They planned to go to his favorite restaurant as a reward for his good grades and Cian wanted to see if Aeryn wanted to go to where he was thinking. He wanted her to have fun too. She seemed moodier than usual though that may because he was gone a whole school year. She was in her room as he looked everywhere else and he knocked. Mainly cause if he popped in she would throw something at him. Sometimes the item was soft but the risk it wasn't was higher than Cian liked. “Yo Aeryn, I gotta ask you something! You alive in there?” he said through the door. He was maybe 90% sure she was in there.

And hope that this is just imagination
                                                                            Girl but all the while
                                                                            You hear a creature creeping up behind
                                                                            You're out of time

Miss GryffindorK

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:36 pm
User Image
User Image
xxx⇾ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? xxx
xxxx⇾ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? xxx
xxxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? xxx
xxxxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? xxx

Aeryn had spent most of the school year in an angry daze. Her brother was gone, only to come home for a stupid week over Christmas. Meanwhile, she was stuck being a boring, not magic loser. Stupid Cian. Since he'd gotten home, she'd spent time sulking. She had been trying and trying to force herself to be magical, but it turned out it just wasn't happening.

She was sitting on her bed, trying to come up with something to do... to say to Cian, but she wasn't sure what would come out. Anger, that he'd left her? Fear, that she wouldn't be like him? Glee, because he was finally home? The girl huffed a sigh as she heard her brother speak out. "Yea, I'm here." She pushed herself to her feet, then pulled open the bedroom door. "What do you want?" Her words came out a bit sarcastically, but she was genuinely curious. She really wanted to spend time with him, but she was afraid the year apart had severed their friendship.

Tʜᴇʀᴇ, ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʙɪʀᴅ, ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏʀᴀɴɢᴇ sᴋʏ, Oᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ sɪʟᴠᴇʀ ᴘᴇᴀᴋs, sᴏ ʜɪɢʜ
Oʜ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴅᴇʀ? Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴏᴀᴍ? Aɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ, ᴡɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʜᴏᴍᴇ?
Oʜ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʙɪʀᴅ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ, ʏᴏᴜ ꜰʟʏ? Aʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ, ᴀs ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴘᴀssᴇs ʙʏ?
Cᴀɴ'ᴛ I ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ? Cᴀɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴛᴀʏ? Oʀ, ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴀʏ?
Oʜ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʙɪʀᴅ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ꜰᴀʀ ᴀᴡᴀʏ. Pᴇʀʜᴀᴘs sᴏᴍᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ's ɴɪɢʜᴛ, ᴏʀ ᴇʟsᴇ, ɪᴛs ᴅᴀʏ
Sᴏ I sʜᴀʟʟ sᴛᴀʏ ʜᴇʀᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ I sʜᴀʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ ᴍᴏᴜʀɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴ.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:59 pm
User Image

You hear the door slam
                                                          You feel the cold hand
                                                          You close your eyes

"Well, mom and dad said I could pick where we go eat and wanted to get your input" Cain said. She seemed not herself. Had she been sad the whole school year? "Though more importantly, you seem off. I'd thought you have the tree house done by now." They had started it last summer before Cian got his Hogwarts letter kicking off a quite literal magic year. "Do I need to do brother therapy?" He said activating big brother mode. Sure she was barely his junior but he cared for her despite picking on her. He entered and sat in her fluffy blue chair. He knew she was going to be stubborn about it. Well, he was stubborn about helping whether she liked it or not.

Girl but all the while
                                                                            You're out of time

Miss GryffindorK

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:58 am
User Image
User Image
xxx⇾ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? My Bedroom
xxxx⇾ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Cian
xxxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? "Brother Therapy"
xxxxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Stupid magic

Aeryn huffed a sigh at her brother. Of course mom and dad wanted him to pick dinner. He'd been gone forever, after all. Though, she had to admit, she was glad he decided to consult her. "Well, there is this new hibatchi place in town. Mom said it's too expensive just for normal dinner out... but you make everything abnormal." After she finished her words, she noticed her brother looking at her funny. A raised eyebrow seemed to prompt him, and he mentioned that she seemed off. "Yea, well... it's not done yet. After you left it was stormy, then too cold. So it's not done." Admittedly, that had been at least a little true. The majority was just that she didn't want to work on it without Cian, as just dad was boring and made a lot of rubbish jokes.

Not even a second later, he mentioned Brother Therapy and she frowned. She didn't like brother therapy, particularly because he was a pest! He walked past her and sat in her favorite chair, so she flopped back on her bed. "I'm mad at you, you know? Just up and left me for magic. I thought you were better than that. Besides, I'm not magic, so I'm gonna keep losing you every year. Know how much fun primary is without you? It's stupid. And horrible. And I hate it." She crossed her arms, making sure she didn't even cast a glance in the blonde's direction.

Sᴏ I sʜᴀʟʟ sᴛᴀʏ ʜᴇʀᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ I sʜᴀʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ ᴍᴏᴜʀɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴ.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:47 am
User Image

You hear the door slam
                                                          You feel the cold hand
                                                          You close your eyes

Cian kinda felt bad now. In all his excitement he didnt really stop to consider Aeryn's take on it. She was worried she wasn't magic either. Honestly he couldnt blame her. He would be miffed and annoyed in her spot too. "Just cause I'm not here doesn't mean I stop being your brother and friend. Can't rid of me that easily." He said. She was use to his perpetual sarcasm. "And I think you will be joining me once you hit the big age of 11. Remember mom and dad being all suprised when that old guy showed up? We didn’t catch my magic apparently. Mabye yours is shy too? I can always push you down the stairs see if you bounce or something cool?" Perhaps humor would help? "Though now that your stuck with me for three months let get cracking on that tree house." He stood up and had his hands on his hips. Perhaps they can finish it this summer.

Ooc: sorry for the late edit the errors were bugging me

Girl but all the while
                                                                            You're out of time

Miss GryffindorK

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:02 pm
User Image
User Image
xxxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? "Brother Therapy"
xxxxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? He's a walnut for sure

Aeryn rolled her eyes when Cian said she couldn't get rid of her easily. He then mentioned that she'd be joining him in the coming years, but that only caused her to issue a heavy sigh. "Not if I'm not magic, you absolute walnut." To accent her point (or perhaps make a new one) the girl lobbed a tennis ball at her older brother, half hoping to hit him in the side of the head. "And if you even try to push me down the stairs I'll whoop you so bad you can't move!" After grumbling another minute, the blonde offered to get to work on the treehouse, so the younger Quinlan sighed and pushed herself to her feet. "Fine, but you can't just wave your stupid little wand. We're supposed to build it." She huffed, then headed outside to the half-complete treehouse and started up the ladder onto the platform that was there.

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:29 pm
User Image

You hear the door slam
                                                          You feel the cold hand
                                                          You close your eyes

"Well mabye your magic is more subtle. The rest of you isn't" he said. Narrowly missing the tennis ball. Ha! Qudditch reflexes! Aeryn agreed to work on the tree house with him. She even mentioned no magic. "I am deeply hurt you think I would cheat" He said with completely fake hurt feeling. He followed after and helped hold a wall while Aeryn nailed it. They were sorting the boards for the next one when Cian spotted something cool. "Dude Aeryn check it! Bird nest! I wonder if its a hawk?!" He said happily pointing it out. He knew Aeryn would want a closer look. Though if she tried to climb for it Cian wouldn't notice the weak branch till it was too late.

Girl but all the while
                                                                            You're out of time

Miss GryffindorK

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:01 pm
User Image
User Image
xxxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Treehouse Building
xxxxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? AUGH MY ARM

Aeryn huffed at her brother, though he was correct. She truly knew no subtlety. When he mentioned being hurt that she thought he'd cheat, the younger girl actually laughed, certain the boy would do just that. As the two got to work, Aeryn was glad to have her brother home. After a while, he wandered off to climb the other branches while she was adding wood glue to the wall they'd put up (since it wouldn't do for it to fall on them). He called over, telling her he found a birds nest, which piqued her interest. She hurried over, but thanks to being a little shorter than her brother, the girl stepped on a slightly higher branch. "I think they're spa---" She didn't have time to finish her words as the branch creaked, then snapped loudly. The girl cried out in shock, but managed to turn herself a little bit, before slamming into the ground. After her brain focused back to reality, she pushed herself up a bit, whining when one arm protested. Brown eyes looked up to see blood running down her arm and a very obvious break in the bone. Tears welled up, but the redhead struggled not to let herself cry.

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:39 pm
User Image

You hear the door slam
                                                          You feel the cold hand
                                                          You close your eyes

"Aeryn you ok?" he said scurrying down out of the tree and over too her. Uh oh there is blood. Cian took off the outer button down and wrapped her arm carefully. "lets get mom or dad they can take us to the docter. Cian said leading her into the house. He heard the sink so mom must be in the kitchen. "MOM AERYN FELL OUT OF THE TREE AND NOW THERES BLOOD. SHE'S NOT DEAD THOUGH. He called. Their mom was in there in a heartbeat and yelled to thier dad to start the car. Cian was worried but not panicking. Seeing arms break in quiddich slightly numbed him to it. Though blood was gross. They piled in to the car rather quickly. Cian tagged along. He felt a bit responsible as he mentioned the nest in the first place.

Girl but all the while
                                                                            You're out of time

Miss GryffindorK

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:02 pm
User Image
User Image
xxx⇾ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? In the Car
xxxx⇾ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Cian, Mom, & Dad
xxxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Lots of Speeding
xxxxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? AUGH MY ARM

Aeryn was in a daze once she hit the ground, her brain trying to figure out what happened. Vaguely, she heard someone speak, but the girl just groaned weakly. She felt Cian wrap something warm around her arm, and she tilted to look at him, still in shock. Carefully, he stood her up, and all at once, the pain hit her like a brick to the teeth. Tears flew to the girl's eyes, hurriedly pouring down her face. She cried as her brother led her inside, and though he tried to reassure her, it didn't do anything to stop the wild pain flaring up. Suddenly, he was yelling, saying she had fallen out of the tree. Their mother quickly hurried over, grabbing a towel to trade for Cian's now rather bloody shirt. The woman carefully wrapped the injury, before carefully leading the kids to the car. As soon as they were all fastened in, their dad started the race to the hospital.

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:35 pm
CUser Image

You hear the door slam
                                                          You feel the cold hand
                                                          You close your eyes

Cian stuck in back close by Aeryn. "It'll be ok the docter can fix you up..." He said wanting to reassure her. Ugh why can't they have let him know whatever spell fixed broken arms? Underage magic ban be damned his sister was hurt. But he also knew not knowing what to do can make it worse. Much like why they were going to a docter and not like the neighbor. He just felt guilty cause if he haden't mentioned the nest she wouldn't have fallen out of the tree. They would arrive and thier dad cane the the back to scoop Aeryn up. Apparently it was either empty enough or a compound fracture was the worse thing in waiting cause the didn't have long to wait. Cian was super worried for his sister it took a lot to make her cry. He didnt like seeing her so sad.

Girl but all the while
                                                                            You're out of time

Miss GryffindorK

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:22 pm
User Image
User Image
xxx⇾ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? In the Car
xxxx⇾ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Cian, Mom, & Dad
xxxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Family Bonding... Sorta
xxxxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Hey look, I'm magic!

Aeryn didn't want to go to the hospital, despite knowing she quite needed to. Her arm was super broken, and there was just no way to heal that without a visit to he emergency room. As they drove, the pain lessened from a sharp, violent pain to a dull, throbby sort. Once at the hospital, the girl was lifted and carried inside by her father, while their mother was alerting the front staff to her arm and getting her checked in. The family sat in the waiting room for what felt like hours (but in fact was only a handful of minutes), before the nurse called for her. She walked alongside her parents and brother, a bit afraid to tell them her arm wasn't in nearly as much pain anymore. When they went into a room, she removed the towel... revealing that her arm looked perfectly fine?! The nurse looked annoyed, but both parents slowly looked at Cian, then back to Aeryn. Just in case, she was taken for X-Rays, before the doctor came and scolded them all for misusing emergency services and sending them out. Aeryn struggled not to grin once she'd figured out what happened, but once they got back to the car, she burst out, "I must be magic too! Look, mum and dad! I must've fixed it all on my own! LOOK!"

Kungfudemoness

Private Homes

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff