Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Ross Manor Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:02 pm
Rᴏss Mᴀɴᴏʀ
Located in Upper Barnton
════════════════════════

User Image

Virgil Dante Ross
Sasha "Harbinger" Dobrev

User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image
User Image User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:13 pm
Rᴇsɪᴅᴇɴᴛs
════════════════════════

User Image

xxxxxVɪʀɢɪʟ Rᴏss
xxxxxHᴏᴍᴇᴏᴡɴᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ Fʟᴇᴅɢʟɪɴɢ

User Image

xxxxxHᴀʀʙɪɴɢᴇʀ
            xxxxxHᴇᴀᴅ ᴏꜰ Aᴜɢᴜʀᴇʏ Cʟᴀɴ

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:16 pm
Oᴅᴅ Nᴏᴛᴇs Aʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ Mᴀɴᴏʀ
════════════════════════

Once the home of the Ross family, it has sat unused since Virgil's mum went crazy and murdered most of his siblings. Darius Ross technically owns the manor, but has not bat an eye about Virgil using it, stating he wants nothing to do with it. As a result, Ross Manor has become the home for the Augurey Clan, the vampire clan that Virgil now belongs to.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:00 pm
User Image
                                                    On a cobweb afternoon,
                                                    In a room full of emptiness
                                                    By a freeway I confess
                                                    I was lost in the pages of a book full of death;
                                                    Reading how we'll die alone.
                                                    And if we're good we'll lay to rest,
                                                    Anywhere we wanna go.

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡 || 𝔑𝔬𝔵 ℭ𝔩𝔞𝔫 || 𝔇𝔲𝔯𝔪𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔞𝔫𝔤 𝔄𝔩𝔲𝔪𝔫𝔦

════════════════════════

Lore walked up to the manor door, his eyes alighting on the building itself before he proceeded to knock on the door. This was the first disappearance, or at the very least, the first place he'd heard of a vampire vanishing. There were other clans in England, and the British-turned-German vampire had no doubt that this was the only place he'd go. He had to track down Dragon's clan, after all, as well as others that had gone missing. This was just the first stop. His lips curled at the recollection that this was one of the clans that had dropped off the face of the planet as far as the Council was concerned. However, Lore wasn't interested in rogue vampires, unless that was the cause of the disappearances. Instead, he was more intent on discovering what was going on.

Not that he had much to go on. The first instance was the disappearance of the Council leader, Dragon, but Lore hadn't been able to locate the current head of the English branch of that clan. He'd been having no luck with tracking down other clans either, though he figured this was a good first step. If nothing else, he was determined to track down all the clans in England to determine what was going on. He shivered slightly, reminding himself that he didn't have to worry about The Family. They were dead and gone, and Noctis's death had been long avenged. Raising a hand, he knocked on the door, cocking his head as he settled back to wait.

════════════════════════

Thinking: First stop... I'm sure there are others awaiting me.
                                                    OOC:

-◎-

And on I read until the day was gone;
                                                    And I sat in regret of all the things I've done;
                                                    For all that I've blessed, and all that I've wronged.
                                                    In dreams until my death I will wander on.

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:13 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                          ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε ïṉτø α ƒlÿ
                                          ï løøќεḋ αώαÿ - ÿøυ ώεɾε øṉ ƒïɾε
                                          ï ώατсhεḋ α сhαṉģε ïṉ ÿøυ, ïτ'ṡ lïќε ÿøυ ṉεṿεɾ
                                          hαḋ ώïṉģṡ - ṉøώ ÿøυ ƒεεl ṡø αlïṿε
                                          ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε

spaceHarbinger considered ignoring the summons at the front door for a long moment; he was feeling a bit on the broody side, what with Amnesia's disappearance, and couldn't fathom any reason he should entertain company. Virgil didn't much care for him to have guests anyway, be they of the invited variety or not. Then again, Virgil didn't care much for his maker doing much of anything, except staying out of his way, which was hilarious, to say the least. As if a child should have any say over the doings of their parent.

spaceHumming to himself, the vampire debated the pros and cons of answering the door. Eventually, he gave a long sigh and stretched his legs out, taking his time going down the stairs to the floor level. As he drew nearer, he found himself curious; there was a vampire at the door, and the scent was not a familiar one. His lip curled slightly, hair on his neck standing on end. It wasn't anyone of his own bloodline, that he knew for certain, nor was it any of the clans he'd sniffed here or there in England. Someone from the council, perhaps? That seemed likely, given the Shadowsong's activities the last few years. He couldn't decide if he should be curious, or worried. In the end, he settled on bored, since that usually served him better.

spaceThe clan leader opened the door with an arched brow, leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed. While it was merely myth that a vampire must be invited into a dwelling, it was always a good way to determine another's intentions. After all, a vampire here to cause trouble would hardly wait for one.
                                          "Добрый вечер. С чем я могу вам помочь?" Petty, perhaps, to revert to his native tongue, but Harbinger was always curious to see if his fellow immortals could speak it. It was simple enough to switch to English if need be. And he did so miss hearing Russian.

ï løøќ ατ τhε сɾøṡṡ, τhεṉ ï løøќ αώαÿ
                                          ï ģïṿε ÿøυ τhε ģυṉ - вløώ ṃε αώαÿ
                                          ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε

wнere - Manor - Entrance
                                          wнen - Summer 2041
                                          wιтн - Lore
                                          pronoυnѕ - He/Him
                                          - ooc -
                                          Good evening. Is there something I can help you with?

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:58 pm
User Image
                                                    On a cobweb afternoon,
                                                    In a room full of emptiness
                                                    By a freeway I confess
                                                    I was lost in the pages of a book full of death;
                                                    Reading how we'll die alone.
                                                    And if we're good we'll lay to rest,
                                                    Anywhere we wanna go.

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡 || 𝔑𝔬𝔵 ℭ𝔩𝔞𝔫 || 𝔇𝔲𝔯𝔪𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔞𝔫𝔤 𝔄𝔩𝔲𝔪𝔫𝔦

════════════════════════

Lore evidently didn't have to wait long. A slip of a vampire appeared at the door, leaning against the jam like they belonged there. Lore merely cocked an eyebrow at the being, his hands finding their way into his pockets as he listened to the vampire question why he was there in Russian. His eyes merely gave the vampire a once-over before he spoke. "Предвестник, я полагаю? Я - Знание, Совета."

Lore's eyes swept over the area, taking note of the building before locking eyes with the vampire again. "Пожалуйста, сделайте все возможное, чтобы вы почувствовали себя лучше, когда Совет окончательно проследил вас и других мошенников с вами, но я здесь по другим вопросам, кроме вашего небольшого восстания. В частности, мне интересно, знаете ли вы, где ваша когорта. Амнезия. Я ожидаю, что вы его знаете." He then tilted his head to the other side, studying the other vampire carefully. "Если бы вы были так добры, чтобы указать мне в его сторону, я был бы самым обязанным. Если нет, то сколько времени прошло с тех пор, как вы его видели?"

════════════════════════

Thinking: First stop... I'm sure there are others awaiting me.
                                                    OOC: Translation: Harbinger, I presume? I am Lore, of the Council.
                                                    Please, do whatever it takes to make you feel better about the Council finally tracking you and the other rogues with you down, but I am here on other matters beyond your little revolt. In particular, I am wondering if you happen to know where your cohort is. Amnesia. I expect you know him.
                                                    If you would be so kind as to point me in his direction, I would be most obliged. If not, how long has it been since you have seen him?

-◎-

And on I read until the day was gone;
                                                    And I sat in regret of all the things I've done;
                                                    For all that I've blessed, and all that I've wronged.
                                                    In dreams until my death I will wander on.

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:18 pm
User ImageUser Image

ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε

spaceHarbinger grinned in delight, expression almost manic, when the vampire responded in kind. He searched his memory for mention of a vampire who went by that name, seeming to recall he was something of an investigator for the council. Lore's comment, implying that he was somehow posturing to cover insecurities because of his clan's defection, nearly made him snort. "Если вы думаете, что мне нужно 'заставить себя чувствовать себя лучше', вы не проводили исследований," he replied, tone light and somewhat skeptical. "Честно говоря, я не мог заботиться о восстании, или попадания." And, at the end of the day (night?), that was the truth. Harbinger was nothing if not loyal to his father, if only because he was the only one he'd ever had. Kronos had been the first person in Harbinger's entire life to care for him, and Harbinger repaid that in kind. He'd never cared much about the rebellion, if only because it seemed rather pointless. He'd been more than happy to have his own little corner to carve out, the freedom to turn those he fancied without repercussions. It wasn't as though the council had ever been very good at enforcing its own rules, anyway. "Думаю, ты найдешь, я никогда не пытался скрыться. Если мне было трудно найти, вы не выглядели достаточно тяжело."

spaceThe mention of Harbinger's wayward mate succeeded in securing his attention, the vampire finally standing to his full height, stance tensing somewhat. A tic started in his jaw, his eyes hardening. "Значит, ты играешь глупо? Это игра? Я должен быть фальшим беззаботным, и ты будешь играть глупо?" Harbinger's temper flared slightly. This man was supposed to be the one the council sent to find information, yes, but it seemed rather unlikely that he would've come here with nothing. And it didn't take much to ascertain that Amnesia had been Harbinger's mate. "Если я скажу, что они незнакомы, вы можете назвать мой блеф? Или вы действительно так неосведомлены?" He didn't know what the council might want with Amnesia, truth be told. His mate had been relatively young, foolish. Still very mortal. Perhaps even more so than Virgil, despite being older. They couldn't have done much to draw the council's eye, not when even Harbinger couldn't find them. And he had looked.

ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε

wнere - Manor - Entrance
                                          wнen - Summer 2041
                                          wιтн - Lore
                                          pronoυnѕ - He/Him
                                          - ooc -
                                          If you think I need to 'make myself feel better', you haven't done your research.
                                          Truthfully, I could care less about the rebellion, or getting caught.
                                          I think you will find, I never tried to hide. If if was difficult to find me, you were not looking hard enough.
                                          Are you playing stupid, then? Is that the game? I am to be falsely nonchalant and you shall play dumb?
                                          If I say they are a stranger, will you call my bluff? Or are you really so uninformed?

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:07 pm
User Image
                                                  I've got an aching head
                                                  Echoes and buzzing noises
                                                  I know the words we said
                                                  But wish I could've turned our voices down
                                                  This is not black and white
                                                  Only organized confusion
                                                  I'm just trying to get it right
                                                  And in spite of all I should've done

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Aᴜɢᴜʀᴇʏ Cʟᴀɴ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ Vᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ

════════════════════════

Dante sighed as he returned home. Dom was coming later that night, as he'd managed to score a morning off, and Dante fully intended to make the most of that night. Although, part of that would probably be sitting down and... watching Netflix. He had to admit, he'd grown fond of muggle programming, and as Harbinger had complained once about the lack of nets at the manor (and electricity, but it had never had that before), Dante had decided to see about getting it installed. It was weird seeing the building with electric lights, but he supposed it could be worse. What his ancestors felt about having muggle technology inside of it, well... It wasn't like he was going to meet them any time soon.

He was contemplating goingt o find his son and see what Eitan was up to when he heard a crack echo across the lawn. Turning abruptly, he scanned the grounds before spotting a very familiar head of white hair. That didn't exactly ease Dante's wariness; in fact, it likely heightened them. He and Jaslyn hadn't spoken much at all, not within the time since Shaw's death. There'd only been mounting bitterness growing between them, and the sight of his twin only inspired him to turn around and pointedly walk toward the door with deliberate steps. By the time he'd reached the porch, he turned and crossed his arms, waiting for the inevitable.

The moment that Jaslyn had stepped onto the porch, Dante was standing with his arms crossed, frowning. She seemed to be carrying a couple of bags and had apparently been living out of them for a bit. Dante was suddenly reminded of the time that he'd spent living in hotel rooms and pubs, but dismissed it from his mind. The minute she lifted her face to look at him, he already knew exactly what she was going to ask. "You can turn around. You're not welcome here."

Jaslyn stared for a moment, her expression full of shock, before it twisted and her eyes narrowed. "Excuse me, but when wasn't I allowed back at the family estate? I didn't think I'd been kicked out."

Dante rolled his eyes. "You want to do what you always do, which is appeal to me to save you from living on the streets and take you in under the guise of appealing to familial duty and the orders of a long-dead man. That's not going to work. Shaw Ross is dead. I don't listen to him anymore, and as I live here now, I have full authority to kick you off the property."

"You can't do that! Jaslyn glared. "What happened to fixing mistakes and atoning for what your crazy personalities did? Dante murdered our father, you can't tell me that you've forgotten who did it!"

Dante glared right back. "Oh, I remember that day perfectly well, Jaslyn. I died that day, did you forget? I gave my life to protect you."

"After that psycho Virgie killed my baby!" Jaslyn clenched her fists to her side. "You let him out to do that!"

"You're going to blame my mental issues for what our father did? You realize he was crazier than I was, right?" Dante snorted. "Oh wait, I forgot, you call me a monster. Never mind that I've done everything I can to try and fix my mistakes."

"He didn't have that psycho Dante living in his head! Dante killed him and then ate our father! You think that's fixing things?"

Dante stared for a moment, trying to figure out if Jaslyn ever realized that 'Virgil' had never been him. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but you never even knew me. You never paid attention to know anything about me. You thought that pacifistic Virgil was actually me? Really me, even though you knew that I'd been in fights with Darius since we both can remember?"

Jaslyn blanched. "Oh god, I'm talking to Dante right now, aren't I? Her expression shifted, going back to angry. "Let me talk to my real brother. I don't want to talk to a crazy!"

"Who the bloody hell do you think you've been talking to?" Dante yelled. "What did you think I've been trying to do for years? I've been trying to get better! I am Virgil! I've always been Virgil! The Virgil you know was me trying to save my sanity!" Dante glared "And if you can't accept that I was mentally ill, not bloody crazy, and that I've spent close to a decade and a half trying to help myself, then you have no business here!"

"You don't deserve this house." Jaslyn seethed. "You certainly don't deserve to have a kid. Not after everything you've done"

"Well then it's a good thing that decision isn't up to you." Dante waved Jaslyn away. "Now, I would suggest you leave here and don't return. If you really want to take it up with anyone, take it up with Darius. I am done trying to bend over backwards to please you. You never tried to help me when I desperately needed it, but you always turn to me whenever you need something from me. I don't deserve that, Jaslyn! Relationships aren't built like that! Not healthy ones! Ours hasn't been a healthy relationship in decades, since before we left Hogwarts!"

Jaslyn stared at him aghast. "Where is all of this coming from?"

"I got a really good therapist that helped me with my issues." Dante looked at Jaslyn coolly. "Maybe that's something you need more than me at this point." With that, Dante turned on his heel and stormed inside. He was done with talking to Jaslyn. If she wanted to act like a child, then Dante was going to treat her like one. After all, she had already told him she didn't want him in her life. He was just abiding by her wishes.

════════════════════════

Thinking: I can't believe I have to spell everything out for her.
                                                  OOC:

-❤-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

You didn't get your way
                                                  And it's an empty feeling
                                                  You've got a lot to say
                                                  And you just want to know you're being heard
                                                  But this is not black and white
                                                  There are no clear solutions
                                                  And I'm just trying to get it right
                                                  And in spite of all I should've done

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:54 pm
I ponder of something great
My lungs will fill and then deflate
They fill with fire, exhale desire
I know it's dire my time today

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

𝗕𝗿𝗲𝘄𝗺𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿 ▥ 𝗦𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗹𝗲 𝗙𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿

Dylan's entire cab ride to the manor was a complete blur. Spending the holidays with his significant other in the winter death trap known as England had originally been a great idea loved by all, especially his son who declared he didn’t spend nearly enough time with his “cousin.” However all of this cheer was tampered down by secrets he’d wanted to keep until at least the new year but from what his doctor had emailed him it would be better to do this sooner rather than later.

He'd had a history of migraines since he was in high school and he took medicine for it only when it was bad enough but the past few months it'd become worrisome. There would be times where he literally couldn't move or it'd feel like entire planets were colliding with each other against his skull. Then blind spots started appearing on the better days sometimes accompanied by dizzying spells. All of this he took in stride and just made an appointment with his usual GM to possibly get him an actual prescription for it. This however changed when on his way to pick up Reece a spell caught him by surprise causing him to jerk his car and nearly careened him off the highway. Thankfully the car didn't flip and only came away with a few obvious scratches but the scare was enough to move up his appointment from "whenever possible" to "ASAP yesterday."

The visit was normal at first with all the usual checks and tests but when one of his blinding migraines happened during a blood test nearly causing the nurse to nick his vein, they called in the big guns. He was sent up to a specialist who had him go through a myriad of tests and was strapped down to so many different tables and machines he felt like a med school cadaver. Hilariously, he didn’t know how close he was.

After over a week of waiting he finally received the results of his test and the answers were bad. Like dying bad. Not right this second as the specialist had informed him, almost like it should be a relief he was dying slowly but not gradually like that made any sense. He had a mass in his brain, possibly could’ve just arrived or could’ve been there his entire life since he’d never had brain scans before then, that was being a complete d**k (his words not the doctors but the fact still remains). The mass was pressed right between brain matter and his skull cavity and it didn’t like being pinched so it basically bit back with a vengeance (again, not actual doctor terminology but who the ******** wants to remember subobital hemowhatever when he could just say “giant brain boo-boo”) which was causing his headaches and dizzying spells.

What was worrying though is that it had apparently grown, or not grown but digivolved so now it wasn’t just affecting his brain but it was slowly crawling through the rest of Dylan's system hitting his eyes causing the blinding spots. It would slowly start to affect the rest of his system until he ultimately died a slow and more than likely painful death. His thirties were more eventful than that psychic ever said they’d be. So far, the doctors could only give Dylan medication for the pain as they tried to figure out a plan of attack which was a little hard. This wasn’t cancer unfortunately (did Dylan feel like a total jackass for saying “unfortunately”? Bet your bottom dollar) so they didn’t know how normal chemo treatments and therapies would react.

They could try non-invasive measures but those would take time with him spending upwards of days laid up in a hospital bed wondering if the treatment had helped or made the thing angrier.

And that’s not what he wanted for his last few days, and it was especially not the last memory of him he wanted Reece to have.

So he held off on it and asked that they give him at least until the new year to come up with a definitive answer before leaving the entire freaking country (away from his problems he runs) for a nice relaxing break. Or as relaxing as he could get with a murderous bomb ticking away at his nerve system. With all of this, Dylan was faced to look not just at his mortality but as his future or rather his son’s future. He knew for a fact the exact second air left his body his ex would come from whatever prehistoric tar pit she slunk to and drag their son back down into it. If he could, he’d leave his son with Adam but he already feels bad for the falling out they’d caused after the divorce. He knows the younger man would vehemently deny that he and Reece had anything to do with his practical disownment but he knows enough that whatever fickle strands of familial bonds would practically go in flames if he chose the “queer salatious uncle” over his nice upstanding mother and grandparents.

In a nice and just world, Dylan would just leave Reece to Harbie to raise because even with the others weird business hours they’d still be a much better guardian than the alternative. Thinking of guardians reminded him to text his son later to remind him to not let Dominique completely spoil his sweet tooth. He had asked the baker to look after his son while he spoke with Harbie alone since he'd rather not have an audience for this discussion. His partner probably had an inkling something was wrong as he’d been a special brand of mauldin as of late and he loved them all that much more for not ever bringing it up. They had no idea he was heading up ere though but it was a necessary journey, one he had to absolutely make in person. Dylan had to warn them of what to expect the upcoming few months and the big After.

Finally arriving as close as they could get, Dylan thanked the driver giving a tip before continuing his trek to the large estate. He’d only seen the manor once before and still had no idea how Harbie managed to convince Dante to allow them to stay as he was sure the only soft spot the other man had was for his son and boyfriend respectively. Still, Dylan didn’t question it considering Harbie had to funds to possibly pay rent forever on this place and barely see a dent in his accounts. He’d long ago stopped thinking over the many different ways his SO could’ve gotten that money merely pacifying himself with the thought that if the police ever did bring him for questioning he’d most assuredly pass a polygraph test.

Dylan hoped Harbie was up and about by now with the sun having set about half an hour prior knowing the other wasn’t a day person in the slightest. It kinda funny how still and clingy he sleeps during the day compared to how active and bubbly he is during the evening and night. Trying to calm his shaking hands, he knocked on the door and waited.
                                                            "Typi

I have these thoughts, so often I ought
To replace that slot with what I once bought
'Cause somebody stole my car radio
And now I just sit in silence

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:31 pm
User ImageUser Image

ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε

spaceHarbinger was still in the process of fully, properly waking up when they heard the door. It was fortunate, they thought, that they even heard it, because their brain was still a little on the fuzzy side, and they hadn't fed yet. They weren't even properly dressed yet, case in point. Frowning, they made their way down towards the door, thinking that if it was Lore with some nonsense from the Council, or to scold them for their feeding habits, they were going to say '******** it' and try to kill him. They'd been the picture of restraint on that front thus far, frankly. Partially because they knew, logically, that they were likely to end up dead if they did try. Harbinger might be stuck with the emotional range and capacity of a teenager, but they had been raised in a Russian orphanage before the rise of the Soviet Union. They had self-control in spades. When it suited them, anyway.

spaceRunning a hand through their hair, they readied their best glare for whoever was foolish enough to be on the other side of the door. The expression melted off rather quickly, however, when they realized it was Dylan. It was replaced just as swiftly with one of concern and shock when they took in his appearance, and registered that he was here, without having warned ahead that he would be. Harbinger was reasonably certain Dylan had only ever been to the manor once, perhaps twice, and it had been at Harbinger's invitation, with express permission from Dante. Not that Harbinger needed permission from Dante, being his sire, but they did like to ask. Civility made for happy clans, after all.

spaceCivility, in this case, would have to be ignored, however. Eyes narrowing, Sasha stepped aside, sweeping their arm to gesture for Dylan to enter.
                                          "Come in, my love," they said, voice carefully neutral, an eyebrow quirked. "I will not waste time asking if everything is alright, as it is clearly not. Whatever is-"

spaceSasha's words cut off rather suddenly, concern morphing into the spark of anger. Surely, this had to do with Reece? They couldn't imagine anything else having Dylan so distressed, he cared for his son more than anything in the world. And they had never known him to be bothered by much of anything else. Not outwardly, in any case. "Has something happened to Reece?" they asked, tone icy. Their mind raced with followup questions, but it would be pointless to ask them until it was confirmed that this was, in fact, about Reece. It seemed most likely, but also not the only option. This could- oh.

space"Or is this about the migraines?" Sasha asked, more slowly, a hand going to the small of Dylan's back and leading him, somewhat forcefully, to the kitchen. That seemed a better place for... whatever this conversation was, than the entryway, with the door open. If their strength had ever surprised their lover, they were surely long past that point now, and it felt natural to lead by force rather than by stating intent. Non-verbal communication was easier for Sasha. They talked, of course, a lot, but that was usually a diversion. A tactic used to distract, to make people underestimate them, to annoy or anger them and make them sloppy. When Sasha cared, they were quiet.

spaceIt occurred to them rather late, as they were crossing the threshold into the kitchen, that they were not sure what they had in the way of real food. These days, Eitan was the only one in the manor who needed to eat, after all, and he was a child. Hm. Well, there was at least tea. Sasha made their way to the cupboards, pulling down a kettle. Once it was on the stovetop, they turned back to Dylan.
                                          "Explain, dear one," they said, tone soft, gentle despite the brevity of their words. There wasn't any need to fill the air with nonsense. Not theirs, anyway. Dylan was going through something, so it stood to reason that he should be the one that got the lion's share of nonsense, as it were. Sasha would have to be the rational one, a stance they had not found themselves in for some time. Still, it felt like putting on an old coat. Not comfortable, exactly, given the circumstances. But... nostalgic, familiar. Hopefully, it provided the calm Dylan needed to get through whatever he had to say.

ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε

wнere - Front Room -> Kitchen
                                          wнen - Winter 2048
                                          wιтн - Dylan
                                          pronoυnѕ - They/Them
                                          - ooc -
                                          blah blah blah

Yukina101

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:54 pm

Dylan could never keep a straight face around Sasha in any circumstance but seeing them just after apparently waking up made his tired face break out into a wide sappy grin and want to coo. He could understand though their look of surprise and concern considering he hadn’t warned anyone (besides maybe Dominique) of his arrival and he wasn’t dressed in his usual wardrobe. His illness made him tire quicker and with the newness of his shaking hands he was only able to afford less than half his usual energy when it came to dressing. Most of it now went to putting on socks and shoes which he generally now had to do first then wait a few minutes before slipping on the rest. He’d tried to do it his usual way of socks and shoes last but he’d gotten so tired and dizzy he’d nearly passed out right then and there. At least this way the worst thing that happened was he sat on his bed naked in his glory aside for socks and trainers. Gone were his usual tapered jeans and colorful selection of blazers and in their place were baggy joggers and an old college sweatshirt that had seen better days ten years ago.

Dylan barely held in his snort as Sasha directed him inside explaining they wouldn’t waste time on pleasantries before immediately launching into questions of whether Reece was ok. It warmed him from the very souls of his feet to the tips of the hair on his head that they cared and loved his son almost as or nearly the same as he did himself. Had he been in better spirits he would’ve already made a joke about how whipped he was but any amusement died on his lips as they asked about his migraines. It was rather silly of him to think they hadn’t noticed and he felt a mix of guilt and appraisal that Harbie had clearly wanted to ask about it but held back for Dylan’s sake.

As he tried to find the words to completely explain everything he watched as his love gathered everything for tea and was hit with an avalanche of melancholy wondering how many more moments like these he had left with them. "I’m dying.” There, perfectly morbid with a hint of dramatics. ”No-not right this second I mean but, slowly. The migraines are just one of the many side effects from it. Others include shitty vision, dizzy spells, nausea just a few times though I think that’s more from the dizziness than the actual brain thing, and now twitchy hands.” Dylan held them up to show off the tremors before hiding them again in his pocket.

”I already got a second and even a third opinion of it but the tests are all the same. There’s a mass on my brain that’s slowly taking control of my central nervous system and they’re attempting to figure out ways to counterattack without taking huge chunks of my brain or submitting me to useless radiation poisoning. Right now they’ve got me on this stuff that’s basically supposed to make me feel better but it’s not the best. And as weird as it sounds, none of this is the worst part.” he sighed running a hand over his face and through his hair nearly poking himself in the eye for his effort. ”When...after everything, my ex is gonna come out from her bog and try and take Reece and I’m terrified she’ll succeed. Because even though I won full custody none of that means s**t if I’m no longer in the actual picture. The courts will probably make her do some sort of mandatory parenting class and, and then that’s it! Sasha, I’m more afraid of that than I am of everything else.” Dylan admitted finally looking Sasha in the eyes he’d been avoiding most of his talk.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:31 pm
User ImageUser Image

ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε

spaceSasha remained quiet, processing the information quickly and efficiently as Dylan spoke. Perhaps it was somewhat unusual for a person to have so little reaction to the news that their paramour was going to die, but Sasha had little concern when it came to the matter of death. Not that Dylan was aware of that, of course, but he was fortunately at least aware of how his partner processed. Silently, detached. Analytical. Before they could respond, the kettle whistled. The turned on their heel, fussing with the kettle and tea bags to prepare it just how Dylan liked it. Throughout it all, they remained quiet.

spaceObviously, there were many ways to go about this. Dylan would have a choice, because Harbinger always gave humans a choice. But they doubted very highly if he would say no. Their eyes sharpened some at the concern regarding Reece's fate, should anything happen to his father. They brought Dylan the tea, conspicuously not making themselves a cup, and hopped up to sit on the counter next to him, shoulders touching.
                                          "She could not take the boy if she could not find him," they mused. "Of course, Reece is old enough to have a say, and I cannot imagine he would wish to be with her. There are far better choices. So perhaps legally, such a thing would be unnecessary. But, my love, you must know I would not allow her to have him." Their lips spread into a terrifying grin, posture changing into something that would be threatening to anyone but their loved ones. "I can assure you, no matter what happens, he shall be safe from her."

spaceThey paused, softening once again. "However," they began, tone calm. The sort of calm that only comes when a person knows everything will be fine. That the worst-case scenario won't happen, that the best-case is better than expected. They had, of course, debated for a long while now about the best time to broach the subject with Dylan. They had originally intended to allow Reece to grow to adulthood, for convenience, but clearly that was no longer an option. They reached out for him, taking his cheek in hand and turning it towards themselves. "You have nothing to fear, in fact. With a word, I can render all your fears unfounded."

spaceNormally, Harbinger was given to dramatics. Normally, they might have smiled again, wide enough to show fang. Might have allowed their countenance to show the monster they truly were. But this was not time to scare a human into choosing what they wanted. This was a time for that monster to be a source of comfort. Of salvation. So instead, they directed Dylan's lips to their own in a short, gentle kiss.

space"I confess, my love," they said softly, lips nearly close to brushing Dylan's as they spoke. "I have been keeping secrets. Not well, really, I had thought... well, I thought by now you might've figured it out. But if you had, do not think you would be so afraid now." They chuckled, pulling back so that now, Dylan could certainly see their fangs through their smile. "Ask me to save you, dear one. We could have an eternity together." To be honest, Sasha wasn't sure how he hadn't realized. But they were now firmly convinced he'd had no such thoughts. If he had, surely he would've come to them to ask for it? Then again, perhaps it wasn't something he wanted. Sasha certainly hoped that wasn't the case. They didn't want to lose him so soon. They had been prepared to spend the rest of his life with him if he said no, but the idea of that life being so short was more painful than they cared to examine.

ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε

wнen - Winter 2048
                                          wιтн - Dylan
                                          pronoυnѕ - They/Them
                                          - ooc -
                                          blah blah blah

Yukina101

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:23 am

Dylan wasn’t expecting Sasha to completely fall apart at telling the news but he was expecting just a tad more than what he got. From their expressions it seemed more like he had just told them his favorite socks had just gotten discontinued-and he didn’t even want to joke about that-and not y’know, his impending death. Their trigger seemed to come from his fears of Bridget gaining custody of his son mentioning that she would never be able to if she couldn’t find them which sent more warmth into his soul than it probably should. He hadn’t entertained the thought of Sasha not taking care of Reece but hearing it allowed assuaged more than one of his fears. Still though, call it pettiness call it whatever, Dylan still wanted a litttle bit more reaction to his big reveal.

When they finally started to explain why they weren’t more reactive, it felt like he was being fed a riddle with a ridiculously easy answer that he still couldn’t figure out. And Dylan was not the Hayes that liked riddles. Still though, he toughed it out and tried to make sense of what he was given, though it wasn’t until the fangs were brought out that anything made any sense. For a microcosm of a second, he thought Sasha had somehow managed to pop in fake fangs just to ******** with him but considering he’d been in eyesight the entire time-and there was really no reason for it??-he didn’t even waste his limited brain matter on it. That just left one conclusive thing: he had ******** a vampire. Or made love with a vampire, he’s a romantic goddammit. Still though the equation stayed the same. Dylan + Sasha(vampire) = Coitus with said vampire. He really wants to focus on the fact that he just used the word coitus in an unironic way but his brain was still shorted out by the fangs and the vampire and and and holy s**t.

”Holy s**t I’m a Twilight novel. Only I’m not because you’re better looking and I’m not a depressed teenage girl just a depressed manic himbo, would you consider me a himbo? Also you’re not part of a vampire family-wait are you part of a vampire clan family type deal? That...oh wow I’m dumb. I’ve never actually asked you how you and Dante were related or if you were related or why he lets you stay at his house when I’m pretty sure he hates everything and everyone except sex, his son, and his boyfriend in no set order.

But um, eternity? I just realized you uh, said something about that but I got caught up in the theatrics of it all.”
                                                            Dylan admitted with a breathy laugh still not completely sure his brain mass hadn’t decided to leave him a detailed hallucination.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:33 pm
User ImageUser Image

ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε

spaceHarbinger couldn't help but be amused at Dylan's outburst. The swift change from anxiously depressed to anxiously confused was endearing, and something of a relief, even if he was still processing and thus hadn't quite caught what Harbinger had been getting at. They allowed him his ramble, smiling fondly, and elected not to be offended at the comparison to Twilight. Not that they got particularly offended about that usually, not compared to some vampires, but there was still some pride to be had in not being... well, that.

spaceWhen he finally finished, seeming to realize he'd missed something important, they chuckled, leaning in for another kiss.
                                          "Never apologize to me for your enthusiasm, Dylan. It is one of my favorite things about you." He wasn't terrified, or not yet, at least. Admittedly, he might still be processing. But, he seemed to be taking things rather well. "I will admit, I am not sure how many of those statements were supposed to be questions," they mused, trying to sort through it all. By this point, they were very well used to Dylan's 'theatrics' as he called it, so it didn't take to terribly long. "Let me think; firstly, real vampires are much more interesting than Twilight. We must get you some better books, dear one. Secondly, I am not sure what the qualifications are for a himbo with regards to physical fitness. I think you may need to spend a little time at the gym. But otherwise, it is accurate." They winked. He couldn't get mad at them for the statement, he'd been the one to ask, after all.

spaceThe fact that he initially forgot that Dante existed, apparently, was certainly funny. They'd have to remember that for later. To tease their partner or their child, they were not sure. Perhaps both.
                                          "I am, in fact, part of a 'vampire clan family type deal'," they continued, obviously amused. "The proper term is clan, actually, and I am the head of mine. Dante is my... fledgling, though the term is hardly accurate any longer. There are not many proper terms for a vampire's get after they reach maturity, unfortunately." Normally, Harbinger liked to joke that Dante was their son, but that was hardly a point they wanted to make when they were discussing turning their boyfriend. That had... unfortunate implications. "Your description of him is accurate, though. He does not even particularly like me, he simply puts up with me because I am his sire. It has been... frankly, hilarious." They grinned then, mischievous. What was the fun of eternity if you weren't annoying somebody, after all?

space"With regards to eternity..." Harbinger grew serious here, drawing in close to Dylan once more. "It is your choice, my love. Should you wish to continue the path you are on, I will not force the issue. But... well. Your lover is a vampire. Death has become... somewhat optional." They smiled softly, gently. "It will be very different, of course. Adjustments will be made. Particularly to how you manage Reece's day to day life. But, we have managed with Eitan, and we can manage with him as well. If you so desire."

spaceHarbinger hoped he said yes. They didn't like to be alone. To be lonely. Amnesia's passing had been... unfortunate. They had managed their emotions well enough, able to channel the anger and frustration until it was a distant enough wound so as to not feel it so deeply. Eitan had filled that hole in a different way, but Harbinger was a secondary figure in his life. It would be nice, again, to have a partner. A true one, not just a boyfriend. They had never taken well to the term mate, but that was certainly what they were after. They should, perhaps, specify that. But hadn't they already? They'd said eternity, after all.

ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε

wнen - Winter 2048
                                          wιтн - Dylan
                                          pronoυnѕ - They/Them
                                          - ooc -
                                          blah blah blah

Yukina101

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:57 pm

Dylan knew for sure he was definitely out of it when he was kisses and didn't even react after the fact still blown by what was just presented to him. He started thinking back to little things and factoids Harbie dropped over the few years that must've been about his condition and not whatever excuse he had been initially thinking. The most obvious of course being his job; he was vampire at the very least decades if not centuries old (all of a sudden their amusement at certain historical docu-series made much more sense) and had probably procured hordes of money to use at their leisure. Or something to that affect. Would a bank even care if an account opened hundreds of years ago was still in use? He had a feeling not but just the idea of there being some old rustic bank account accruing money while no one notices is a bit too much for him to handle causing him to snigger almost uncontrollably for a moment or two. He had much more clarity on the second kiss though which made him that much better about his frame of mind. After making a face at even the mere suggestion of working out (he would be a thicc himbo and that was that), Dylan agreed his choice of reading material could be better but in his defense, vampires weren't his go-to. In regards to magical creatures he quite preferred Lord of the Rings-esq fantasy but he rather doubted middle earth were real otherwise white people would've bombed the s**t out of it by now.

He really shouldn't have been so pleased at guessing correctly that Sasha and Dante were part of a clan together which was why they lived with one another though was surprised that Dante was the erm...child he supposed in the relationship. If anything he would've thought a cousin or surly nephew at best. And of course it wasn't even the tiniest bit surprising that Sasha loved every minute of discord the two caused because that's just the type of person Dylan loved them to be, much to the sadness of his weak heart. But soon they went back to the important issue of offering up basically immortality, or a very close version of it, with the idea of eternity causing his head to spin and only the mention of Reece to bring his spiraling down. Would there any adverse effects to being raised by a vampire? Eitan seemed to be a pretty decent kid though where did he lie on the charts? Sasha had been around Reece for quite some time now and there didn't seem to be anything bad or wrong caused by it, if anything Dylan was the one that was always causing strife for his preteen son.

It took him a moment to realize that things were silent again meaning Sasha must be waiting for an answer or reaction to all of this which did leave him with a small shot of anxiety but honestly it was fleeting. They were offering the best solution to a problem, a problem that not only would've ruined his life but also the life of his son. And he knows Sasha would've kept their word and looked after him but, well he was a selfish man. He didn't want to leave his son, he didn't want to leave his newfound friends, he didn't want to leave Sasha, and he definitely didn't want to die. So really, what was the issue?

”In regards to these 'adjustments', would Reece need to stay with someone else or would I be the one that has to leave? Also what does all this entail? Do we have to wait for like a full moon or something? Drink a magic potion? Ceremonial sex ritual? Is it bad if I really want it to be the last?" Half an hour ago Dylan was coming in terms with his own morality and now he was lowkey joking about, well basically the same thing. He should probably read something about vampires, would they keep anything like that in their home? Humans kept anatomy books sometimes, vampires could do the same right?

Cara MiaKitty

Private Homes

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items