Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Muggle World (Chatterbox)
Seeking Social Lives for Characters

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:35 am
I have a couple adults who don't have much of a social life right now or involved in any plots so was hoping to get them a bit more involved and I would really like to get them more involved. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

xxxCathaline Acacia Leaguexxx
            xxxxxCalled Cathy or Catie by family
            xxxxxEngland National Quidditch Team Chaser
            xxxxxHufflepuff Alumni
            xxxxxOriginally believed to be a Squib by her family
            xxxxxIs fluent in English, Latin, French, Mandarin Chinese, and German

Cathy is in her mid twenties. She used to date Eugene Windsor at Hogwarts and for a little bit afterword, but the two broke up mostly due to Cathy not being emotionally mature enough for a relationship with him. Cathy's fans did send howlers and hate mail to Eugene for a few months. Since that time Cathy has casually dated (mostly muggles) but is currently single. She is looking for friendship, and settling down. She has had a bit of a colorful personality (a bit narcissistic) but she is beginning to realize being selfish and self absorbed is not a good way to keep/make friends. She is working to be a better person and she does have a good family network that supports her and pushes her to be a better person.

xxxLola Mutan Yexxx
            xxxxxHalf Nymph
            xxxxxMetal Charmer
            xxxxxRavenclaw Alumna
            xxxxx
            xxxxxIs fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese

Lola is in her early twenties. She is fairly quiet and has a fifth year little brother (Rhett Ye) that she also helps tutor for his OWLs this summer. Lola has been/is romantically involved with Devonte Bannister. She is looking to have more of a social life in general and be a good big sister.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I also have three current students that are available for plotting and interactions. I have two first years: Mary Conri-Dechering and Quinn Conri-Dechering. Both are currently in the United States for most of the summer. And I also have a fifth year named Rhett Ye who is half nymph and a Gryffindor.

Anyone with any thoughts or questions just let me know. Thanks.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:25 am
Well, my cast and crew of characters have been fairly quiet as well.

I'd love to have Dani and Cathy meet up again and do something. Dani is getting hitched over the summer to her long-time boyfriend, Andrew Smith, though she made a point of keeping the wedding a very small affair, and there will be a child on the way. As of now, she's a full-fledged Healer at St. Mungo's.

Selina Grey has been involved with Layton (Alpha and I discussed this before he went silent again), and would love to get together with Lola again. Selina is a Cursebreaker for Gringott's, and has been very happily busy since then, but wouldn't mind running around with old friends.

Hannah and Fianna have been very silent since graduation.

Faina and Rhett need to something, and at this point I don't care what.

Katya would be happy to do something with Mary and Quinn. She needs other interactions besides just with her sister, and all the crud going on with her family's sordid issues.

I'd be happy to throw ideas around with you.

mc2

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:50 pm
Hikaru will try for keeper of England team after he grads here soon he is 7th year. So mabye she can be the one to convince him to go for that team?

Other wise i got someone in every year

Cian is in the twins year and cian is social enough they would know him at least trough class.

Always up for Rhett and Ferdie fun maybe some shenanigans in school?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:46 pm
Let's see...

I don't have much for Cathy aside from her family. Other then that all I got is Alice & Jasper Whitmore who are a year older then her. They are married with twins. Alice is Senior Shop Assistant at Madam Malkin's while Jasper is an Auror. Neither have been overly active.

As for Lola, I've got Grace. She's been working on potions with her sister since graduation. For a year now she's been living with Avian and they just got engaged (finally). Going off of Graydon (hope we don't mind me inserting myself) maybe Lola, Selina, and Grace can get together again. They sure haven't seen each other in a while.

Student wise...

Both My Quinn and his cousin Aurora are in the twins year. Quentin will definitely need some friendship given his disownment and overall depressive mood this year. His cousin Aurora is always open for anything. I also have Griffin Fearon who didn't really get much interaction last year. He's not the most open person but he's not against making friends. This year he'll be dealing with his old bestie coming to Hogwarts (which will be a shock to him). If you want someone outside their year Enid Lambert doesn't have many friends. She's in Slytherin and takes more of the quiet observer roll. She also has a fear of vampires which she's slowly dealing with...

For Rhett I have Cornelia Eckstein. She lives in Hogsmeade but visits Diagon Alley often enough. She's only in the UK during the summer since she goes to school in Beauxbaton. She doesn't get to be played much but she's great if not a little odd. I've also got Gabby who is in his house and year. She's very Quidditch oriented at the moment. Won't even mention Tsubaki cause she's just not nice.

@ Graydon : Quoted you for the Lola part ouo

mc2
Graydon Ironshield

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:00 am
@ Graydon:

Cathy meeting up with Dani sounds great. Cathy will be happy about her marriage though I suspect a little jealous too as she hasn't had the most successful love life lately (mostly her fault and she knows that).

Rhett would love to do something with Faina, he gets to missing her if he doesn't see her semi regular. I know Faina and Katya had a busy summer so maybe they could catch up on the train?

Mary and Katya have had some conversations and are in the same house so Mary would be happy to be support for Katya. She thinks Katya is a good person and would be happy to listen to Katya or support her in any way she can.

Graydon Ironshield

@Kungfudemoness

Cathy could meet with Hikaru and convince him how great being on the English team is but she wouldn't do too much recruiting because she feels like that is the captain's job.

Cian and the twins could always meet up outside of class. Though Mary and Quinn have been sort of doing their thing separate a lot since they are in different houses. To be honest I don't have a lot of set ideas with Cian.

And Rhett and Ferdie-the besties, or that is what Rhett thinks of him-some shenanigans sounds fun. A pranking spree is in a lot of ways things Rhett dreams about but Rhett is up for fun less likely to get him detention too (especially since it is OWL year for them).

Kungfudemoness

@murrue

Alice and Jasper seem to be in a different spot in their life than Cathy, so I don't think some deep friendship would bloom, but Cathy is always up to meeting new people. Cathy does like fashion though so Madam Malkin's she likely would visit for her more wizard-y outfits.

(@Graydon too) I think for Lola, Selina and Grace all meeting up would be good. They could have a girls night out or something like that while their boyfriends are at home or doing their own thing.

I definitely think Quinn and Quentin should catch up. Quinn thinks it is rubbish that Quentin got disowned over something so stupid. Griffin, Mary would probably be able to be friendlier with than Quinn does so that is a possible meet up. As for Enid she sounds more like Quinn but since Mary gets along so well with Quinn I sense a friendship is possible there. Mary likes to talk so she'd give Enid plenty to observe, I can say that much.

As for Cornelia, Rhett is always up to meeting someone new and he likes odd as he is a bit of an odd one himself. Just let me know if you have any ideas on them meeting up. And Gabby, well, Rhett likes watching quidditch so he probably knows Gabby. The reason Rhett doesn't play is he feels like he's not that great at structure and rules which he knew practices and games would require.

murruelecreuset

@All
if any of these ideas or thoughts sound good to you just let me know. Thanks for all of your inputs!  
Muggle World (Chatterbox)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games