Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Revolution

Back to Guilds

A literate and semi-literate Naruto-based role playing guild. Active in 2024! 

Tags: Naruto, Roleplay, Boruto, Shinobi, Ninja 

Reply 𝔸𝕣𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕧𝕖
Custom Jutsu Approvals Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Koresephone

Winter Specter

22,900 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:04 pm
Character: Sonyo Kuno Rue
Technique Name: Doraihyoton [ Dry Ice Release ]
Type: Supplemental Ninjutsu/ Bloodline
Element: Hyoton ( Acts like Null )
Description: Relocating to a desert makes one rethink their options when it comes to forming ice, and that's the main reasoning behind this technique. Using her hyouton chakra, Sonyo forms ice out of gas instead of water, creating solid Carbon Dioxide or Dry Ice. The jutsu works on a chakra pool, turning any hyouton techinque used while the pool is active in to Dry ice in stead of Water ice. How big this pool is depends on how much chakra the user puts in to the technique; ei, if someone were to put a B-rank's worth of chakra in to the technique it would create a Doraihyouton pool of 40 chakra, and this applies to every rank amount. Pools cannot stack, and once the current pool has run out, the user must wait [2] posts to create another. The main differences between Dry Ice and Water Ice come in pros and cons: the pros are that carbon dioxide sublimates at −109.3 °F making dry ice much colder than water ice ( applying 2 doses of frostbite hazard per rank ), dry ice sublimes in to carbon dioxide instead of water leaving various effects ( 1 dose of CO2 per rank), and it is more readily available to make than Water Ice. Cons come in the form that, having a lower freezing point, Dry Ice is weaker to fire ( katon jutsu one rank below and higher can destroy it ) and also that dry ice is structurally more fragile-- as one can break dry ice with their bare hands ( taijutsu two ranks below and above can break it ). Also in that the user must be careful not to kill themselves with the subliming carbon dioxide in enclosed spaces without much ventilation.

Mattysandwich

___YOUWILLKNOWNIHILISM

[/spoiler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:28 pm
I Tortured Sleep I

Frozen Wasteland: Approved.

Chill of a Frozen Spirit: Pending. What do you want this technique to do? Do you want it to make frostbite hazard stack easier? Just decreasing temperature doesn't really do too much on its own.

Exploding Frozen Suns: Approved.

Oxygen Mask: Approved.

Deficiency: Pending. Same problem as earlier. There's a good idea here, but I want it's applications narrowed down. So like, lets say you take out iron from an opponent's body. That then makes it so that the person has a deficiency of iron, and has a lowered fortitude stat. Something along those lines.

Neural Disruption: Just bump this technique to A-ranked and it's approved.

Doraihyoton [ Dry Ice Release ]: Pending. This description is way too wordy without truly getting at the heart of what it does. From what I can gather, the core difference between Dry Ice and regular Ice is that Dry Ice is super effective against water, but weak to fire. Meanwhile, regular Ice is neither. Just specify that clearly and I'll approve it. Keep in mind, however, that there is a cap of how much chakra you can store.

Mattysandwich

Dedicated Sex Symbol

6,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Koresephone

Winter Specter

22,900 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:04 pm
Mattysandwich
I Tortured Sleep I

Chill of a Frozen Spirit: Pending. What do you want this technique to do? Do you want it to make frostbite hazard stack easier? Just decreasing temperature doesn't really do too much on its own.

Deficiency: Pending. Same problem as earlier. There's a good idea here, but I want it's applications narrowed down. So like, lets say you take out iron from an opponent's body. That then makes it so that the person has a deficiency of iron, and has a lowered fortitude stat. Something along those lines.

Doraihyoton [ Dry Ice Release ]: Pending. This description is way too wordy without truly getting at the heart of what it does. From what I can gather, the core difference between Dry Ice and regular Ice is that Dry Ice is super effective against water, but weak to fire. Meanwhile, regular Ice is neither. Just specify that clearly and I'll approve it. Keep in mind, however, that there is a cap of how much chakra you can store.

@Chill of a Frozen Spirit: It's just supposed to work in junction to prevent dry ice and normal ice from melting in normal temperatures. Not supposed to protect it from fire attacks or anything, but allows it to survive longer in like... lets say really hot and humid climates... like a desert.

@Deficiency: It was supposed to work in a way like a hazard almost, and was Sonyo's backup tool to handle Kaguya's for the most part. If it's too complex I can toss it, but making a list of everything it would do... with a moderate deficiency in iron, people would suffer from the effects of anemia-- raised heart rate, lethargy, shortness of breath, etc. A deficiency in B12 would bring on pernicious anemia; causing balance issues, shortness of breath, increased blood pressure. A deficiency in Calcium would bring brittle bones, teeth, vision disturbances, etc. Each activation is supposed to work like a hazard would, which is why it specifies in the jutsu that the effects of each deficiency need to be stated at the use of the jutsu. Again, I can make a set list of deficiencies I can use, but it might be a long list.

@Doraihyouton: Stated in the technique description, it's only changes are that it is colder ( applies two doses of frostbite hazard per rank ), causes the C02 hazard upon distruction, and has a limited cap ( when this jutsu is cast, the cap of chakra is how much that rank of the technique cost, which cannot be refilled in till the WHOLE pool of chakra is gone. So lets say I cast a C-rank amount of this jutsu, I now have a cap of 25 chakra to use. I can use a couple of D-ranks/E-ranks, anything I want in till that pool is gone. But I can't use normal ice, which I think I forgot to put, sorry-- in till I finish that pool, and I can't just cast it again and keep stacking chakra. Kerron also suggested that I remove that portion of my chakra completely from my pool, being unable to regen that portion in till that seperate pool is gone, which I'm okay with ).

**Edit to Dorai post; I went ahead and clarified the above points there, and also added the doses of the CO2 to the post. Sorry about that, I realize I was rambling a little, this is an old jutsu.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:37 am
I Tortured Sleep I
Mattysandwich
I Tortured Sleep I

@Chill of a Frozen Spirit: It's just supposed to work in junction to prevent dry ice and normal ice from melting in normal temperatures. Not supposed to protect it from fire attacks or anything, but allows it to survive longer in like... lets say really hot and humid climates... like a desert.

@Deficiency: It was supposed to work in a way like a hazard almost, and was Sonyo's backup tool to handle Kaguya's for the most part. If it's too complex I can toss it, but making a list of everything it would do... with a moderate deficiency in iron, people would suffer from the effects of anemia-- raised heart rate, lethargy, shortness of breath, etc. A deficiency in B12 would bring on pernicious anemia; causing balance issues, shortness of breath, increased blood pressure. A deficiency in Calcium would bring brittle bones, teeth, vision disturbances, etc. Each activation is supposed to work like a hazard would, which is why it specifies in the jutsu that the effects of each deficiency need to be stated at the use of the jutsu. Again, I can make a set list of deficiencies I can use, but it might be a long list.

@Doraihyouton: Stated in the technique description, it's only changes are that it is colder ( applies two doses of frostbite hazard per rank ), causes the C02 hazard upon distruction, and has a limited cap ( when this jutsu is cast, the cap of chakra is how much that rank of the technique cost, which cannot be refilled in till the WHOLE pool of chakra is gone. So lets say I cast a C-rank amount of this jutsu, I now have a cap of 25 chakra to use. I can use a couple of D-ranks/E-ranks, anything I want in till that pool is gone. But I can't use normal ice, which I think I forgot to put, sorry-- in till I finish that pool, and I can't just cast it again and keep stacking chakra. Kerron also suggested that I remove that portion of my chakra completely from my pool, being unable to regen that portion in till that seperate pool is gone, which I'm okay with ).

**Edit to Dorai post; I went ahead and clarified the above points there, and also added the doses of the CO2 to the post. Sorry about that, I realize I was rambling a little, this is an old jutsu.

Dry Ice Release: Approved. I told you that you would get this in SR lol.

Deficiency: I do not like that concept, because it would require people to google while fighting this character in order to know what exactly you're doing to someone by taking out which vitamin. I would much rather prefer it that the technique explicitly states what it does. For example, if you simplify it to only work on iron, then you can keep it since you already wrote out what a deficiency in iron would do. When you have a custom like this, it gives you too much freedom to be like, "Well technically your character wouldn't be able to do this because I did this!" Without people truly realizing what they signed up for when they got hit in the first place.

Chill of a Frozen Spirit: This is approvable, but let me just say something. This technique feels like to me something that Yami would play as a surprise card in Duelist Kingdom Yu-Gi-Oh. Like, there's nothing in the guild which says that, if you're in a desert, then your ice is going to melt easier. In fact, the ice clan has canonically been shown to be at least neutral to fire ninjutsu. So this technique feels unnecessary to me. I don't mean this to be rude. I say this only because I don't want you to be roleplaying with someone who is like, "Your ice shouldn't be able to last in this desert!" Like they're some sort of great mouse detective who thinks they can out logic the scenario.

Mattysandwich

Dedicated Sex Symbol

6,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Koresephone

Winter Specter

22,900 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:27 am
Mattysandwich
I Tortured Sleep I
Mattysandwich
I Tortured Sleep I

Dry Ice Release: Approved. I told you that you would get this in SR lol.

Deficiency: I do not like that concept, because it would require people to google while fighting this character in order to know what exactly you're doing to someone by taking out which vitamin. I would much rather prefer it that the technique explicitly states what it does. For example, if you simplify it to only work on iron, then you can keep it since you already wrote out what a deficiency in iron would do. When you have a custom like this, it gives you too much freedom to be like, "Well technically your character wouldn't be able to do this because I did this!" Without people truly realizing what they signed up for when they got hit in the first place.

Chill of a Frozen Spirit: This is approvable, but let me just say something. This technique feels like to me something that Yami would play as a surprise card in Duelist Kingdom Yu-Gi-Oh. Like, there's nothing in the guild which says that, if you're in a desert, then your ice is going to melt easier. In fact, the ice clan has canonically been shown to be at least neutral to fire ninjutsu. So this technique feels unnecessary to me. I don't mean this to be rude. I say this only because I don't want you to be roleplaying with someone who is like, "Your ice shouldn't be able to last in this desert!" Like they're some sort of great mouse detective who thinks they can out logic the scenario.

@Deficiency: I can see the problem with it. Would I be able to get it passed if I say... picked like five that I liked and wrote them in?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:47 pm
I Tortured Sleep I

Three only, and you can keep it at B-ranked in general.  

Mattysandwich

Dedicated Sex Symbol

6,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Mattysandwich

Dedicated Sex Symbol

6,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:00 am

Character: Chie Saegahara
Technique Name: Ninjutsu Alchemy
Type: Ninjutsu
Element: Passive
Description: This technique allows Chie to passively Korabo two jutsu together. The limitations of this are as such. First of all, the technique works passively only up to one rank below Chie's current Korabo level. This means that if Chie's Korabo level is A-ranked then it can only be used at a B-ranked potential, which means that Chie can only Korabo two B-ranked techniques to use the korabo skill at A-ranked. This assures that this benefit does not allow the user to passively perform techniques one rank higher than they can usually. Second of all, this technique only applies when Chie korabo's with herself. If she korabos with an ally or a clone then this benefit is non-applicable. Finally, an additional charge of 10 chakra per rank of the final product technique is required to be paid. So if the user Korabo two B-ranked techniques, (the user must also pay for each individual skill), then the final technique would be an A-ranked skill, and thus would cost 50 more chakra to perform this way. Overall this technique's only purpose is to make Chie more cool by utilizing all of her elements and having them combine into super cool ways like a wizard should.

Kondo Kaicho

___YOUWILLKNOWNIHILISM

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:34 am
Character: Shinsei Sanada
Technique Name: Militant Flower Defense [戦闘花の防衛] Sentō Hana no Bōei
Type: Bloodline Ninjutsu
Element: Mokuton
Description: As an attack rushes to strike Shinsei, a large flower of wood springs from the floor to swallow him and defend him from the impact. Then, after the impact has been sustained (unless the flower has been destroyed), the flower will allow Shinsei to move through the wood and exit for D ranked chakra, before rising upon a large cord-like stem and launching itself rapidly at a designated enemy, attempting to crush them with a whipping strike.

Mattysandwich

___YOUWILLKNOWNIHILISM

The Wild Hunt

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

The Wild Hunt

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:52 am
Character: Shinsei Sanada
Technique Name: Rise of the Forest of Poplars [ポプラの盛り上がり] Popura no Moriagari
Type: Bloodline Ninjutsu
Element: Mokuton
Description: This technique will surround the edges of the forest - in the designated battle area - with a collection of poplars, rising from the ground in a fully nourished state. Though these poplars are noticeably tall and thick, they do not display any behaviors outside of the ordinary for any regular trees. Upon activation of the Blighted Thicket, however, the poplars begin to sprout large purple fruit that open to release a great density of spores. Contact with these spores, which will spread quickly throughout the Thicket, will result in necrosis on the impacted area of skin. Too much continued contact could result in the mortification of limbs, and even death.

Mattysandwich

___YOUWILLKNOWNIHILISM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:15 am
Mattysandwich
Approved

The Wild Hunt

Militant Flower Defense | Denied

This just needs to have an additional D Rank amount of chakra applied to move through wood like this after defending from another technique.

Rise of the Forest of Poplars | Denied See the Hazards system for stuff like this an mimic it's layout. You need what effect this necrosis has on the targets for each post it's active. Additionally, list a range specifically unless it is used off a parent technique, in that case, list the parent technique.

Kondo Kaicho
Vice Captain

Patriotic Capitalist

5,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:27 pm
Mattysandwich
I made some slight tweaks and clarifications in wording on all of these custom techniques. All of the jutsu do the same things they were approved for. For example, on a lot of the genjutsu I changed what senses are affected to more accurately reflect the jutsu's description. I also made the Water Blade Dance a demon technique as opposed to a suiton technique with a learning restriction.

Character: Kagami Hari
Technique Name: The Mirrored World
→→Rank: S+
→→Category: Illusory
→→P/S. Sense: Sight // Touch Sound
→→Base Duration // Upkeep: 6 Posts // 200 Chakra
→→Source: Hari clan mirror | Smoke and Mirrors personal attribute
→→Description: Kagami's most powerful and complex genjutsu is the Mirrored World, which is triggered when the victim looks at one of her mirrors. This optical illusion reverses the world meaning that up, down, left, right, backward, and forward are all inverted as if the victim were living inside of a mirror. The enemy sees and feels as if they are standing on top of the sky or ceiling and under the ground or floor. If the victim attempts to walk forward they see themselves walking backward when in reality they are walking forward. The opponent's eyesight, the direction of incoming attacks, and injury locations are also inverted. The victim's own combat reflexes under this effect betray them making this genjutsu highly disorienting and nauseating.

Technique Name: Evermore
→→Rank: C-A [ Learned as C ]
→→Category: Enchantment
→→P/S. Sense: Chakra // Sight
→→Base Duration // Upkeep: 4 Posts // 20, 40, or 60 Chakra
→→Source: Hari clan mirror | Smoke and Mirrors personal attribute
→→Description: The victim peers into one of Kagami's mirrors and sees themselves and what they most desire within. They become so entranced with the image of obtaining what they most deeply yearn for that they may feel a strong sense of dread and intense longing. This genjutsu primarily targets the chakra sense giving it a powerful control over the emotions of the target and makes it difficult for sensors to combat it. Under the A-Rank effects, the victim then wishes to enter the mirror and obtain what they covet for evermore.

Technique Name: Water Blade Dance [ Learned as A after full mastery ]
Type: Demon
Element: Suiton
Description: After forming the necessary hand seals, Kagami emits endless streams of cascading saltwater from her hands in an elegant three hundred and sixty-degree dance. By moving her arms three hundred sharp three-foot-long water blades shaped as crescent moons fire outwards in multiple directions. This offers a powerful attack and defense depending upon the situation. The water blades can be projected up to twenty feet away from her center.

Technique Name: Demonic Sea Mirrors
Element: Suiton | Glass
Description: Kagami performs four hand seals, ending with the dragon hand seal. Upon doing so she creates a total of five circular mirrors made of water and glass anywhere within thirty feet of herself. Each mirror is ten feet in diameter and suspended in a fixed midair position when created but can be angled in any direction. The water mirrors are a made from water with glass reflective surfaces constructed from Kagami's Hari clan kekkei genkai making the mirrors fully compatible with her other Hari techniques. The mirrors' broad surfaces are perfectly flat and will completely reflect the images of everything they're angled toward on both sides. The water mirrors will reduce to unformed water and shards of glass after five posts.

Technique Name: Demonic Reflections [ Learned as A after full mastery ]
Element: Suiton
Description: Kagami uses the water element to create a large, flat, circular pool of water in front of her opponent by releasing water from her extended index finger and drawing it out; she can also use an available source of water instead. The water's surface acts like a mirror, perfectly and clearly reflecting those the surface is facing. Afterward, Kagami forms two hand seals and causes the reflection to quickly emerge and materialize from the mirror as a clone, using the water from the mirror as a source. These reflections can use the exact same techniques as their counterpart, regardless of its own source. The clone(s) created in the reflection are spiritual water clones. Only up to three clones can be made from this technique; every clone must be from the reflection of a different target. The clones disperse after two posts or if they are hit by an attack and are reduced to water. Can only reflect up to A-Rank techniques.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:33 pm
Kumurai Kaicho
[]

Approved.  

Mattysandwich

Dedicated Sex Symbol

6,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

The Wild Hunt

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:00 pm
Kondo Kaicho
Mattysandwich
Approved

The Wild Hunt

Militant Flower Defense | Denied

This just needs to have an additional D Rank amount of chakra applied to move through wood like this after defending from another technique.

Rise of the Forest of Poplars | Denied See the Hazards system for stuff like this an mimic it's layout. You need what effect this necrosis has on the targets for each post it's active. Additionally, list a range specifically unless it is used off a parent technique, in that case, list the parent technique.

I believe I've fixed Militant Flower Defense. As for the Poplar Forest, dw, I'll either fix it later and quote you or discard the idea. Thanks!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:29 pm
The Wild Hunt

Militant Flower Defense: Approved.  

Mattysandwich

Dedicated Sex Symbol

6,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Kondo Kaicho
Vice Captain

Patriotic Capitalist

5,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:50 pm

Character: Takumi Saegahara
Technique Name: Frost Touch
Type: Bloodline
Element: Ice Release
Description: By mastering the ice element, Takumi has learned to apply the same chilling chakra to his complex and spiritual taijutsu and bukijutsu by paying the cost of this technique additionally. This includes formless weapon and unarmed attacks. This technique does not require an additional activation.

Technique Name: Glacier Transportation Technique
Description: After learning the Water Puddle Technique as well as the Water Puddle Transportation technique, the user learns to shift their form into ice as an alternative for water. Meaning, the user can appear as a frozen sheet of ice and travel through ice with the same limitations as the parent technique.

Technique Name: Shatter Storm
Description: Creating a single hand seal, the user manipulates an existing ice structure. The cost of the parent technique is paid in order to shatter the ice into several small shards. For each rank the technique is utilized at, 10 shards of ice are created and can be manipulated by hand movements for up to three posts. Ice shards are sharp and will cut an opponent like any bladed weapon while still applying its hazard conditions.

Technique Name: Frost Flicker Technique
Description: The user's own variation of the body flicker technique. This adaptation allows the user to create a five foot cloud of frosted mist from the location of their movement. Should an enemy come in contact with this frosted mist, two doses of ice hazard are applied. This technique shares the user's limit of body flicker uses.

Technique Name: Arctic Domain
Description: Expending a large amount of chakra, Takumi activates the Arctic Domain by simply stomping his foot firmly on the ground before him. From the foot, a crystalline coating of frost covers an area within one hundred feet of the user. If the user is standing upon or near water, the water is frozen solid. For every post an enemy spends within the area, a single application of cold hazard is applied. This area forces any water based techniques cast within it to be cast as an ice technique. Those without the user's kekkei genkai are unable to properly utilize water techniques as they are incapable of manipulating ice. The Arctic Domain remains active for six posts.

Mattysandwich

___YOUWILLKNOWNIHILISM

𝔸𝕣𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕧𝕖

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas