as the show returns from commercial after the first match of the night, a video begins to play. In this video, a darkened room is shown, with a single television the sole source of light. On it are highlights from the previous two Nitros, showing the attack on both Ken Armand and Andre Damone. The camera pans back to reveal Damien Umbra sitting on a chair.

"Ah, the sweet sound of screams of pain. There is nothing like it. And watching these just warms the heart. WCW is finally beginning to look a bit more like home. That false sense of happiness and hope is fading. I can see it, I can sense it. I revel in it. The inevitable is approaching. Slamboree will see a new age dawn, or should I say descend."

Damien raises a remote and rewinds the video, the camera now panning out to show both him and the screen.

"Some people see malice in my intent. There is no malice. I feel nothing towards these men. I helped one of them for almost a year keep the world heavyweight championship. When the powers that be hindered me, I felt confident that he would have learned enough to keep his prize. But this...."

He pauses on the shot of him slamming Ken's body while on the stretcher board against the ringpost.

".....this was always his fate. But in his ineptitude, he failed to keep the world championship. He lost it to a man he'd already beaten twice. I saw my chances of having that glint in my darkness fading. Then a Dragon soared onto the scene and granted me a boon. He deemed me worthy of being the number one contender. The plan was still set. It was time to step out on my own. My brother had to go his way and I had to go mine. As you see, the former champion had to go. Next..."

he fast forwards to Andre.

"One of the Damones. Why him? It's simple. His father is so close to the current champion. Reason suggests that there has to be some connection here. Since I could not rid the world of the father, why not the son? But now there is another surprise."

Damien fast forwards again to show Draze's arrival the previous Nitro, and subsequent laying out of the champion.

"This Dragon's Haze seeks to steal what belongs to me. Look, as his undeserving hands have been placed upon the gold, the light in the darkness, the holy grail if you will. Imagine my surprise when Drako announced that this upstart would get a shot at the gold. And why? Because he was willing to wager his career on a win? At first, this made me angry. I made a mess of this room. But then I calmed down when I realized that one way or the other, I still have my shot. It doesn't matter if it's Cartwright or Draze. The championship will still be mine. Tonight I will watch and I will wait. The winner of the match is not a winner in the long run. They are what you normal people call a victim. And they'll be joining Ken Armand and Andre Damone in the hospital."

Damien switches the television off and the screen goes dark entirely