Welcome to Gaia! ::

→ Labyrinth

Back to Guilds

Welcome to the many homes of the Dwellers! 

Tags: breedable, doggos, changeable, wolves, monster 

Reply → Roleplay
[PRP] Why Is It So HOT?! [Aster x Talos] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bluedemonwolf
Crew

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:16 pm
Realm: Terra
Doggos Involved: Aster (Bluedemonwolf) x Talos (Ebonrune)
Time of Day: Dawn about to be full on morning

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Aster had traveled over to Terra and somehow ended up in a more desert region. He was used to the cold and the heat from the previous day had shown just how unprepared for the heat he was. It certainly didn't help he had such a dark coat. He was glad when he stumbled upon a small oasis. It had some grass growing as well as some trees. There was a nice size pond... well maybe it could be a lake, as it was pretty big. Either way there was a body of water to drink from. He had watched other animals drink from it and even get in and splash about. He only drank from it, not wanting to add all the dirt from his coat he had gathered wandering in the sand.

He was also glad that the nights got so cool, almost cold but nothing like at home. There was even a gentle breeze that was still here this morning. He had slept underneath one of the trees as he was loathed to leave this little slice of heaven to go back into the baking desert. He only hoped he found someone who could lead him out of the desert so he could find his way back to the gates.

Ebonrune

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:03 pm
Talos stepped into the oasis with a dry sigh of relief. He knew where all the places to find water was in his territory, but that didn't mean it wasn't sometimes a hassle to get to them. He headed to the water to drink and only then noticed the other. He gave them a nod and a grunt before lowering his head to drink. If they'd been in this part of Terra for any length of time, then he was sure they would understand why drinking would be a priority.

Once he had quenched his thirst however, Talos lifted his head to regard the other again. "Hello." He said. "I don't think I've seen you around here before." It was almost a relief to see another with such an unusual coat. Maybe they wouldn't be like some others he'd met who were fascinated by his markings. It helped that this one didn't appear to be female. Females were the worst.

Bluedemonwolf

Ebonrune

Captain

Peculiar Human

Bluedemonwolf
Crew

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:17 am
Aster watched as another Doggo approached the water source in the oasis and cocked his head. He had unusual markings and perhaps even an unusual color for this area. He would have thought such a dark brown coat would be troublesome in the desert, much like his own dark blue coat.

He waited politely for the other Doggo to quench his thirst, mostly because if this Doggo was anything like him when he stumbled upon the water his throat would be so dry that no talking could be done until some water had been taken in. ".... Hello." He replied quietly, "Ah... no. I am new to this area. I've never been here to Terra and got lost in this desert." He paused looking over the other Doggo. "My name is Aster." He continued in his quiet voice, "I must say.... I wasn't expecting to come across a Doggo with such a strange coat." He fell silent again letting the silence stretch for a moment before he realized what he said really needed elaborating and could be taken as rude.

"Sorry. I mean strange as in so dark. I would think that lighter coats would be more prevalent in the desert. The couple of days I stumbled around lost before finding this spot were brutal with the heat and sun on my dark coat. How do you handle it?" He was curious about that now. The other Doggo's remark of not seeing him around made him believe that this one lived around here and must have some way to deal with the heat.

Ebonrune

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 1:35 pm
Talos flicked an ear, listening as the other Doggo spoke. He wasn't used to such soft-spoken individuals and it made him wonder if he was actually just losing his hearing, except that he could hear himself just fine. He almost scoffed at the 'strange coat' comment, because weren't they one to talk? He had begun to cynically wonder if he was the only one who got regularly harassed when Aster elaborated on what he meant.

"It's what I've always known." Talos replied. "The heat and the sand. I'm Talos, by the way. Intriguing to meet you, Aster. You've really gotten pretty lost indeed to have ended up here. Most Doggos would have turned around once the sand started burning their paws." Very much a non-local and would probably have died if they hadn't gotten lucky. Talos doubted Aster would be able to find their way back to safety on their own. "I suppose I'll have to show you the way out of the desert." He said. "It would be awful if something happened to you." Stranger or not, Talos wouldn't just leave someone to die.

Bluedemonwolf

Ebonrune

Captain

Peculiar Human

Bluedemonwolf
Crew

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 4:31 pm
Aster gave a sort of sad nod to hear that the heat and sand was all he had known, disappointed slightly that there wasn't some method or trick. Perhaps there wasn't anything to help him adjust until he made it out of the desert. "It's nice to meet you Talos." He gave a small laugh, "That's an understatement of me getting lost. I would have turn around but I was pursuing some prey who lost me when a bunch of sand starting blowing about. I think I may have gotten turned around at that point."

He tilted his head at Talos' next words and gave a tentative smile. "Would you be so kind? I'd probably wander either to the middle of the desert or in circles on my own. Having someone guide me out would be wonderful. Plus it wouldn't be so lonely as traveling by oneself."

Ebonrune

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:59 pm
"The sand follows its own will." Talos stated. "I know how it can disorient. You're lucky you weren't caught in a storm or you likely wouldn't be found until the desert returned your bones." Morbid yes and macabre for sure, but it was true in Talos's experience and tact wasn't a strong suit.

He waded partly into the water and laid down to let it soak into his fur, then stood up again. "I'll lead you by the oases." He stated, backing out of the water again and letting it drip off his fur. "It might take a bit longer that way, but it's safer for someone who isn't used to this heat. The last thing I need is you collapsing on me. I'm not sure I could do much to help you if that happened." Squinting up at the sky, he then turned to lead the way out. "Come on then, Aster. I'll show you the way. If we're lucky we might make the next oasis before midday."

Bluedemonwolf

Ebonrune

Captain

Peculiar Human

Bluedemonwolf
Crew

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:06 pm
Aster nodded. "That is extremely true... in both cases." He replied. He was lucky that a full on sand storm didn't kick up. He watched as Talos laid in the water for a short minute. He stood up and walked over to the water and took a quick drink before also taking a very short dip into the water. It felt weird to get wet since he was used to living where it icy and cold.

"Yeah that might be best. I certainly don't want to collapse on you. I have already seen those vultures in the sky circling a dead creature out in the sand. I certainly don't want them to do that to me." He followed after Talos as he led the way out. "I certainly hope we are. Is the next one as big as this one?"

Ebonrune

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:26 pm
"It's a bit smaller than this one." Talos replied. "But it has more trees, so it works well as a shelter from the sand and from the heat." He set an easy pace and swerved into the shade of sanddunes whenever possible, holding his silence for a bit and focusing on maintaining his orientation so he was pointed the right way, relaxing once they passed by some large upthrusts of rock.

"So what brought you to Terra?" He asked. "Especially this part. There are far cooler environments you could have likely gone to, and you stand out a lot against the sand." He chuckled softly. "I would have figured you weren't local just from that alone. It's not easy to hunt when you stand out like that here. The wildlife is too sharp-eyed." Possibly why so many females vied after him. His coat color and pattern was of benefit out here. Still, he wished they were interested in him and not just his genetics.

Bluedemonwolf

Ebonrune

Captain

Peculiar Human

Bluedemonwolf
Crew

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 10:13 am
Following after Talos, Aster did his best to keep up and to stay in the shade like his guide did. Hearing that the other oasis was smaller but had more trees gave him food for thought as they walked in silence. Perhaps the reason this next oasis seemed smaller was due to the amount of trees. The one they just left was more open and had less trees. He guess he would find out when they got there.

Talos broke the silence after some time had passed. "Ah. Well I had heard from some travelers about Terra and was curious as to what another realm was like that wasn't cold or in winter all the time. Imagine my shock when I come out to a place that was green and warm... then I stumbled upon the desert." He gave a faint laugh at that. He grinned a little sheepishly at Talos at the mention of his coat that did not blend in. "Aaahhhh yeah. I stick out like a sore paw. At home it's not too bad and I heard that there are areas here in this realm that are more like home but I wanted to experience something new. I guess I got a little more than I bargained for."

Ebonrune

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:24 am
Talos clucked his tongue. "Terra is unique like that." He stated. "I've never really gone to the other parts of this world, never mind one of the others, but I know about them." He shot Aster a sideways look, tongue hanging out in the heat. "North is colder, I hear. South too if you go far enough. At least it's cold at night. Sometimes there's even snow." Though it was nigh impossible to imagine the kind of cold Aster was talking about.

"I'll get you back to the realm gate soon enough." He promised then. "How long have you been lost here?" They would have to hunt for certain, but fortunately the oasis he was heading for would very likely have some prey lurking at it that they could take down. He quickly put that out of mind before he started to drool, however. Conserving moisture was the name of the game after all.

Bluedemonwolf

Ebonrune

Captain

Peculiar Human

Bluedemonwolf
Crew

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:32 pm
Aster gave a slight nod at Talos' statement that Terra was unique. It certainly was with all the different areas it had. "I know about the other realms and a little bit of the different parts of this one... but knowing and seeing are two different things." He replied glancing over at Talos. He grinned a little seeing the other Doggos' tongue hanging out but it made sense to be panting some in this heat.

"It will be nice to get home but at the same time I also want to keep exploring. Maybe not necessarily the desert here but perhaps go see the expanse of water that is the ocean or even go to the North where it is colder." He tilted his head thinking about how long he had been from home, "Well I was lost here in the desert for probably a couple to a few days.... maybe close to a week? Before that I was exploring some grassland and even a forest for a couple of weeks. I guess I've been away from home for over a month."

Ebonrune

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:04 pm
"Just don't drink the ocean water." Talos immediately stated. "Though I'm sure you know that. You hallucinate when you drink too much of it. I've seen it happen. It can kill you." He shook himself out, dislodging sand. "So you've been here a while then." He continued. "That's a long time to be away from home. If I had a home, I don't think I could bear to be away from it that long."

He shook himself again and briefly sped his pace before letting his head droop, tongue hanging out again. "Maybe I should head North myself. The desert is starting to tire me." Though he was fairly certain he wouldn't blend in quite so well there, but maybe that would make him less desirable and he could finally get to know people for himself.

Bluedemonwolf

Ebonrune

Captain

Peculiar Human

Bluedemonwolf
Crew

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:20 pm
Aster looked over at Talos and shook himself as well. Honestly it was more of a shudder followed quickly by a shake to cover it up. He had heard the dangers of ocean water and it still made him shudder to think of what drinking too much of it could do. It seemed so harmless but was really dangerous. "Ah yeah I've heard that about the salt water." He paused to give a shrug, "Yeah I suppose I've gone a long time from home but it'll make it seem so much sweeter when I return. Plus I really don't travel the other realms a lot so when I do I tend to be gone for a while."

He followed after Talos and panted slightly with his tongue out. He wasn't necessarily tired or super hot but he had always started panting sooner than usual when exerting himself. "You should travel some if you're getting tired of the same place. You could always try a wooded area or a large forest. While it's mostly green there is a lot of brown too so you wouldn't stand out as much as if you went full North where it's snowy and white." He had picked up on the comment of one's coat interfering with hunting if it didn't blend it so he figured that such a thing was important to Talos.

Ebonrune

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:55 pm
Talos considered that suggestion then huffed a laugh. "You're right. I wouldn't blend in at all where the snow is and I don't know what I would do with the cold anyway." He nodded. "South it is then, or through the gateways to somewhere else. Thank you for the suggestion, Aster." He looked around a bit as they continued to walk, and then broke into a trot when they crested a sandbank and he spotted an oasis on the other side.

He didn't care about leaving Aster behind in that moment if the other Doggo chose not to match his pace, since Aster could surely see the oasis just as clearly as Talos could. Weaving around the trees that grew numerous here, he sniffed cautiously for prey and took off after a desert jackalope to catch it for lunch.

Bluedemonwolf

Ebonrune

Captain

Peculiar Human

Bluedemonwolf
Crew

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:50 pm
Aster grinned at Talos happy he had inferred correctly about Talos and gave a good suggestion. "You're welcome. I would think that there is another realm out there that would be a good place to blend in and not be cold. But I haven't come across one yet besides this place." He also picked up the pace as he also spotted the oasis.

He didn't chase after Talos as he went hunting. Instead he chose to get a drink first. He reached the water and quenched his thirst before looking around. He spotted some animals he wasn't sure what they were but they were big enough that he was sure he would need help to hunt them. Best to just go find a desert jackalope for himself. He stepped away from the water and sniffed the air. He caught the scent of several jackalopes and went hunting for one.

Ebonrune

→ Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces