Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Pridelands
[PRP] I hoped you’d be back ... (Ali & Yai)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:00 am
User ImageEver since she had met the green lion with his orange butterfly wings she had been in love. He had come and gone out of her life not unlike a butterfly flittering on the breeze. She had watched him go more than once and part of her had wanted to go with him, part of her had nearly stepped over the border and followed him off on his adventures.

The last time he had come she had followed him to the edge and they had stayed there for a day and a night before she had to say goodbye and she had watched him, longingly, vanish over the horizon.

She wished now, she had gone with him. It wasn’t long after he had gone that she realised she was pregnant. Her belly had slowly swollen and she knew that she was close now. She couldn’t really leave the dens any more it was too tiring, her old habit of sitting at the border and hoping for him to come back had stopped for fear of dropping her litter out in the middle of the pridelands.

She had moved from her comfortable den to the small copse of trees, the long grass and cool dappled shade kept her slightly hidden from view, she was happy for this. She wasn’t really feeling very social of late and though she had spoken to a couple of her siblings and had gotten some sympathy, which she didn’t want, and promises of help, which she did, she really just wanted to be alone.

The only creature she really wanted to see was Ali, and she really didn’t know if he would come back, she always hoped he would. There was no one else in the world she loved more, she just wished he was here.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:57 am
User Image

Finally.

His nose tipped to the air and wrinkled as he drank in a smell so familiar that he could have shed a cheerful tear. Instead he hastened his pace. The Pridelands surrounded him in an embrace like the whole darn place was welcoming him back. His craving to be with Yai was close to being sated. Ali needed her, he had been a fool all this time. Seeking warmth in the dens of others had only tempered the need to return here. She gave him more than just a warm den, no, she would be his partner in more things than that. Had he had the chance to do it all over again she would have been by his side from the get go.

"Where is she?" The question was one asked in passing a lioness he recognized, not the name, but her face. He received a quick nod in a direction and barely waited to hear more.

Im coming..

The thought made his eyes brighten a little bit more, pace pick up speed, heart race, and he could feel the urge to tackle her at this rate. Not a becoming entrance, but one he wanted so badly.

However... something gave him pause as he entered the scene. Trees grew in a scattered pattern outside of a lonely looking den. He had recalled her attentions being on him for their visits, never waivering or looking to others for company. Ali began to worry that his last disappearance had done it, broken her. He wanted to hang his head, but no one had said she was doing unwell? In fact the subject was nearly avoided each time? His ears perked forward naturally and eyes widened slightly.

"Yai, my love?" He felt as though his voice sounded odd, hollow. His concern overshadowed his excitement and each step froward grew more hesitant at the thought of what he might find.

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 1:25 am
The cool breeze beneath the trees had started to lull her in to an uncomfortable doze. No one had ever told her how unsettling pregnancy could be especially when they were active. She wondered if her worry about Ali was sending her crazy because she could hear his voice. Clearly her emotions were running wild because his voice made her stomach roil, the cubs she was carrying, Ali’s cubs, became very active when she heard him.

Wait, she heard him? Her eyes opened wide, from her hiding place in the whipping grass she saw him approach her den. Saw the worry on his maw. For the briefest of moments she stayed still, silent, watching him, convincing herself she was asleep, she was dreaming he was here as she so often did.

Until the breeze shifted, the wind cascaded over her like so many times before bringing with it that familiar scent, the fresh smell of adventure, there was no other way she could describe it, the only creature in the world who smelled like that was Ali. He was here.

“Ali!” Her voice caught in her throat as she choked back a sob, tears rolling down her cheeks. She wanted to bolt to him, to run and greet him but her condition prevented that. Slowly carefully she picked herself up. Her swollen belly warned her to move carefully as her emotions flowed through every fibre of her being. He was here, he came back.

“Ali.” She managed a little louder this time though she knew she couldn’t stop the torrential downpour that was her tears she wiped away the dampness from her eyes, cleared her blurred vision with a few swift blinks and started to move. Her lope was slow and deliberate, she was careful to avoid the dips and rises in the familiar path, she didn’t want to fall, she didnt want to trip she just wanted to get to Ali. He was here, he had come back to her. “Ali.”

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 1:38 am
At first she didn't stir. Oh no..

His heart started to race just a little bit faster with each passing second that she lay there, unresponsive. Clearly her small movements were due to the wind, had she heard him? Was she sleeping?

Then she moved.

Things that had seemed to be settled into slow motion had returned to it's normal pace. Something he had thought wouldn't happen if something had happened to her. Ali couldn't imagine a world where he didn't get to see her - he would never forgive himself. Something smelled odd, as his sense began to return, but he didn't dare pause to think on it. Not as he witnessed his mates sobbing reaction to finally facing him. To hear his name in her voice with that broken sound. His heart wrenched and he felt his legs go weak. Loss of strength in his hind legs dropped his rump to the ground as he watched her struggle.

Was she ill?

Why is she carrying so much weight in her.. no..

Thoughts raced through his mind as he tried to process the scene. His mate, a number of pounds heavier, was making her way to him - sobbing. Ali felt tears escape his otherwise dry eyes at the sheer joy it brought him to see her once again. Concern was swept away as he realized all at once why she had been by herself. "Yai." He whispered to himself softly as he felt happiness roar through him. With strength returning to his legs he wasted no time in closing the gap between them. Gracefully as he could he swept Yai up in an awkward embrace that lasted a number of seconds while he held back sobbing all his own.

"I'm back, I'm home." He said and repeated a few more times. He couldn't wait to promise her that this was it, but he waited. Not hesitating about his choice, but rather savoring the moment.

When the dust settled he took a step back - only one - before raising a brow. "Are you?" Ali didn't finish his question. He knew full well she was pregnant - he would be a father!

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 2:11 am
The gap closed between them and that deep embrace stopped her heart for a moment as she held tightly to her mate, her tears melded in to his mane as she clung to him taking in that familiar, heady scent. Her name on his lips that familiar voice, a voice she could have picked out in a crowed of thousands, he was here, he was definitely here she could feel him.

That brief moment of embrace Didn’t last long enough for her and as he released her she looked up in to his one soft amber eye drinking in the memory of him. “Yes, we are going to be parents.” Yai lifted one of his paws and settled it on her swollen belly “They are yours.” She sniffled, closing the gap between them she pressed her face in to his thick mane and allowed the tears to flow. “I hoped you’d come back.” She choked. The weight of her surprised emotions escaping all at once “I was so frightened.” She whispered. “I thought I would have to do this alone.” She knew of course that there was really no such thing as alone in the pride lands, what she really meant was without him.

His voice crept in to her mind when he said home, he was home? The dark lioness looked up to him her eyes hopeful, searching for an answer, searching for the answer she always wanted. His visits had never been enough for her, all she wanted was for him to be there. “Are you really home?” She whispered, unable to suppress the emotion in her voice.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:30 am
He couldn't feel the tears as they clung to his mane and turned the deep green darker, but he could feel the shudder that typically accompanied crying. Ali was clenching his jaw to keep from doing the same and yet a few rogue tears still found their way down his maw. Surely she knew he would be back? But of course she didn't know, their visits had been sporadic at best and most recently they had been focused on his lack of vision in one eye - now it had succumbed to this. Their final 'visit'.

"Oh my goodness." He said quietly to her as he stared down at his beloved. She was silent a moment following her answer, but that moment didn't prepare him for what she had said. "Of course they are." He smiled broadly. Never in a single moon did he think she wouldn't wait for him - it hurt him that he wasn't able to do the same and as a result there were some very distinctive kiddos out in the world that he may end up explaining later, but not now.

"Of course I came back." He retorted with a half smile. His heart ached for her. "I would never let you do this alone." He was going to say she wouldn't have to.. even if he wasn't here. But he thought better of it, knowing she meant without him.

"Home is where you are."

He responded, his eye lit up.

"I'd like to propose an idea." He had been thinking on this quite a bit. His favorite place in the whole of the world was the beach. Ali would never forget the way the water called to him, or the way it sparkled with a reflection of the sun. Or the smell.. the comfortable smell of warmth, moisture, and salt. The folks there weren't half bad either - but would his favorite person consider such a thing? "I'd like to show you my favorite place in the whole world." He admitted as casually and slowly as he could. "I'd like to make a home for us there, if you're willing to hear me out." Ali found himself being cautious as he spoke now, concerned about her reaction.

SyriusLionwing

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:30 pm
Settling herself a little more carefully the dark lioness felt her tears slow. It had been a frightening time for her, the unknown hours waiting for his return but now he was here her heart felt so settled, though her belly certainly did not. It seemed the excitement had awoken their children and they were performing some sort of circus act in her belly. They would settle soon enough.

She moved in closer to him and rested her head under his chin. He was the only one for her and what ever he asked of her she would do.

Yai looked up at the big green lug that’s as her mate, he was finally home and she was, well, very gravid, was he expecting her to travel, now? “When?” She asked, breathing a sigh of worry, she’d been terrified to move to walk to the border, a trip to who knew where sounded terrifying, her heart skipped a few terrified beats but she realised in the middle of her worry that Ali would never take her any where she and their babies wouldn’t be safe.

“We will stay there, together?” She asked, her voice catching, ever so slightly, she had never been any where but the pridelands but if Ali thought of a place other than here as his favourite, she would have followed him to the ends of the earth. She really didn’t want to be alone without him again.

Ctrl F Greenie

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:06 pm
The sudden excitement caused more movement than he had imagined would ever happen between them. Ali couldn't help, but feel the movements from her belly and he didn't hide a shred of his enthusiasm. "Did you feel that?" The question was stupid, but he asked it anyway - a paw was draped tenderly over her swollen belly. "How many do you think we will have, Yai?" He was temporarily distracted from what he was originally trying to tell her, but not for long. He hesitated, waiting for her response, but following it he continued his idea.

"When?"

Could he say now? Could they pack up and leave? His golden eye looked away for a moment as he tallied who they would have to speak with and just how long she would have before popping. Would she know? Would they end up rogue born? Ali wouldn't be able to admit it to her right away, but he could handle himself and cubs on the road. The three daughters he raised from cub to nearly adolescent would stick by him for what he had been able to provide. Yes it got a little scary at times, but doable. Especially since they would have a destination in mind.

"I'd like to leave soon, could you handle doing that?" His primary concern was her, if she said no then he would stay and they could move as a family unit later on. "I'd take care of you every step of the way, but we won't go if you don't feel comfortable." He smiled slightly, picturing their cubs born on the beaches of the Bahari. He imagined the ocean welcoming them and he knew in his heart it was where he wanted them to be whether now or later.

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:50 pm
Yai smiled and let a little giggle roll over her lips “Of course I felt that silly.” She smiled softly her own deep blue eyes dancing. It was strange, she kept thinking she was dreaming but she could feel his paw on her belly, she could smell his scent and feel his breath.

The question of numbers had kept her wondering since she had found out she was pregnant. Of course this was her first time in this condition so all she could do was laugh “I have a feeling we will be outnumbered.” How many children she would have she didn’t know but she felt that there were a few more than one in there with all of the kicking about.

The dark lioness glanced at her belly. She really didn’t know how long she would have before she dropped. Before their cubs arrived. She had been worried about travelling, about going in to labour somewhere she didn’t know, but with Ali there, she would be okay?

“I.. I don’t know how long I have before they come Ali.. How long will it take.” She paused for a moment , her ears flattening just a little “I..I’m a bit slow.” She whispered, she felt a little shamed at this fact but it was getting very difficult to move fast with the extra weight she was carrying.

“I’v never been out of the pridelands before.” She whispered, she was a little frightened of going but she wanted so desperately to be with Ali, he was home.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 11:29 pm
Realizing just how silly the question was made him blush, thankfully his pelt hid the majority of his shame, and what wasn't hidden was covered up by sheer excitement.

"Don't worry about speed." The paw that had been gently settled on her stomach picked up and waved away her concerns about it. "I move slow most days myself." He chuckled softly at the truth with little to no excuse, at least she had a decent one. "As for how long.." He wondered briefly about how she might react to what she could tell him, but mentally gave his head a shake - she was sensitive now. "Even if you do have them I have save havens a long the way. The journey isn't a long one." He swore to her without hesitation.

But her fears he couldn't help with, not completely.

"Close your eyes Yai." He whispered to her before collecting her up into his arms. He sat awkwardly on his hind paws and swayed slowly. "You have nothing to fear when you're with me." He said in a hushed tone as calmly and lovingly as he was able. "Imagine warmth like no other.." He began to describe the home he was offering for them as best he could, but knew he wouldn't be able to truly give her an experience without the actual thing.

"Here you can only feel such warmth while atop of a rock formation. There you just have to lay where you stand and you'll find it. The dens are unique and the occupants gentle, soothing, and helpful." He spoke smoothly as though it were second nature. He hadn't made this decision lightly, this would prove that. "You'd love the charms and enjoy the prides history. It would be a safe and cozy place for us to raise these cubs - and future ones! A safe place for our grandcubs.. a place for us to grow old together."

The tale was spun. His hopes and dreams were laid out for her now. Ali found hismelf holding his breath as he waited for her reaction.

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:24 am
The mostly hidden flush made her smile. Ali was an experienced male of the world and here he was acting like a cub. She loved him so much it hurt her to think he had been away for even a second but she had always been the one to stop. She could have followed him, she knew that, she knew she could have up and left the pridelands and followed him where ever his paws took them, but she had always been too afraid to leave the familiar place, the place she knew like th back of her paw.

His gentle movements and calming voice mad her giggle lightly and when he scooped her in to his arms, she rested her head against his chest, her cheek pressed against his soft feathery mane, she could hear his heartbeat, feel it against her face. If she had been under any delusion that he wasn’t there this proved he was. No one felt quite like Ali did.

She closed her eyes and breathed in the scent of his words taking in the sounds and story he wove gently in to her mind. When he had finished, she could feel the breath stop in his chest and for the briefest of moments she feared he had gone, thats he had been dreaming but the familiar thrum of his heartbeat brought her back to the moment and reminded her that she wasn’t dreaming. This was reality and her reality was about to change a lot.

“Yes.” She whispered, her voice soft and breathy, she could imagine herself in this place, her and Ali in a pride so peaceful that they would accept one that looked like her, that they could bring their children in to a world where they would be adored and most importantly that Ali would be there and that together they would bring more of their children in to this world. This would not be a goodbye, this would be a hello, a promise, a forever, their future. “We can leave straight away.” She whispered, her stomach roiled at the notion of just upping sticks, but if they delayed their children may not be born in these new lands. She wanted desperately to open their eyes to a home that they had chosen. She swallowed hard, she knew she would have to briefly go and at least say farewell to her relatives, her siblings that were still in the pridelands but her heart was set, her mind firmly planted in the ideal home that Ali had sewn in to her mind.

They would go to a new home and be together there, forever.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:45 am
Ali could feel his mate begin to melt into his arms. He enjoyed the way she seemed to fit so perfectly and the reactions he received while he spoke. When he hesitated, finsihing what he had said, he had never known fear like it. Would she agree? He didn't have to wait long for an answer and the answer warmed him rapidly.

"Yes?" His ears perked up and his entire body felt like vibrating with all of the excitement. "She said yes!" He proclaimed proudly to no one in particular. "Just wait until you see it Yai, you'll never want to look back, I promise!" He was out of breath as though he had run for days.

This was their happily ever after.

Cubs, a new and permanent home, and them. He had thought he'd known happiness before, but these moments proved him wrong. If he had been a smarter lion when this all began he would have encouraged her to come along sooner. Settle down sooner.

Better late, than never.

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out