Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Pridelands
[PRP] For Love of Pride (Cehara x Vitha)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:36 pm
User Image

It had been some time since the death of Biskuti, but that did not keep the rumors from swirling. In fact, as of recent, they had only grown.

A self-described logical lioness, Cehara originally believed the attack to be at the paws of those diabolical hyenas, as many of the pride had. Although there was no trace of the hyenas anywhere, it would only make sense - even without the pawprints to prove it, the hyenas had been troublesome in the many moons preceding. After the murder, Cehara's job as a Scout felt more and more important. She must protect her people: but from what, exactly?

The answer was what she sought now, padding about the pride in search of one who knew. Whispers had been circulating the Pridelands as of recent about a lioness who claimed it wasn't hyenas after all. But what it was, no one knew - and so, Cehara sought out the source - or someone close to the source - that may be able to clear some things up. Although she liked to believe herself to be one with a very clear mind, that didn't stop a chill from running down her spine at the idea of finally identifying the true source of the brutal attack on Biskuti (and, by extension, the pride), even if she knew she wasn't going to like the answer.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Vitha was stretching near the watering hole, one of her favourite places to linger lately. It was an easy place to meet with those who agreed with her views, and also a good place to find any potential believers to help her cause. She had started to hear more and more rumblings about her and her cult, though with how large the pride was, her named seemed to disappear as the information exchanged mouths. Still, the watering holes in and around the pride were the most popular places in the Pridelands, so she knew that at times those looking for her must come here sooner or later.

Her red eyes flashed at another lioness, seemingly looking for something or someone. Perhaps this was a potential believer? Having slowly gained more confidence from not only having herself and Mkate, she approached the pale lioness more confidently than she would have several moons ago.

"Are you looking for someone?" Vitha asked, figuring the best question asked was the most up front one. "Could I help you with something?"

Ruler of Everything

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:09 pm
Soon enough Cehara reached the watering hole - a constant hub of activity - and was approached by a monochromatic lioness decorated in the webs of spiders. She was striking, but it wasn't her appearance that all of a sudden gave Cehara pause. She was purposeful in searching out information, but she knew it still be quite taboo within the pride.

Gently smiling at the other female, Cehara decided to simply move forward. "My name is Cehara, and I..." she pursed her furry lips, "I seek information." A few beats passed as she awkwardly flicked her tail and danced her front paws around. If not now, then when? "I heard someone hereabouts has, ah, further insight into the death at the border last year. Would you be so kind as to... direct me in the right, er, direction?" It was a clunky little monologue, but it would have to do. The words hung in the air between her and the other lioness, and she prayed silently to no gods at all that the one before her would be the least bit sympathetic to her cause.

Safaia

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:14 pm
The moment that Cehara's words left her mouth, Vitha's eyes were sparkling. She still did not have very many followers, those that believed something was amiss. They needed to right this ship, so to speak, and the black and white lioness wasn't one to sit around and pray.

"I believe I know just who you are looking for," the lioness breathed, her smiling fighting to not break out into a toothy grin. The edges of her eyes were damp with near tears of happiness; for once, someone seeking her out, and not Vitha hopelessly trying to get others to listen to her!

"If it is about the dark cloud that seems to hang over our homeland, then I must be who you are looking for, Cehara. My name is Vitha, and my goal is to save us." If this had been a few months ago, she would have feel foolish saying that. But now, confidence had begun to grow in her chest, and the rightness of fixing these issues drove her more than any potential anxiety.

Ruler of Everything

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:23 am
As soon as the words left her mouth, Cehara noticed a change in the lioness before her. Something in her eyes - and the smile that broke out - told her that she had found exactly who she'd been looking for, without even trying. Even the words she used - "save us" - filled Cehara with a hope like no other.

"Vitha," she spoke, dipping her head in a sort of bow. She felt she needed to show deference of some kind to this one - if her seeing abilities were as honed as rumored, Vitha was some sort of "chosen one" and deserved all the respect she had to give. "You are the one I seek, indeed. I just need to know what happened to us. That was not an attack on one lioness, but a whole pride - and if you're the one who knows how to fix it..." Cehara hesitated a bit before continuing, "Then I need to know how to help." It went across all her better judgement; a typically grounded lioness, something about the attack on the border vexed her enough to seek out answers. And beyond that, she wanted to know how to absolve what Vitha called the 'dark cloud' that hung over them. Something was off, and she was determined to amend things.

Safaia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:59 pm
Vitha felt the edges of her mouth relax, the tension in her shoulders ease up. This was almost too good to be true. To have someone understand, and yet desire to know more, to fix these things...it was a blessing.

She withdrew a sharp breath, always nervous of talking about the night that she realized things were wrong. She was always afraid it would somehow summon that darkness back to her. So far, nothing had happened, so she silently told herself that there was nothing to fear. "A darkness has begun to wash over our homeland. A stranger cloaked in shadow attacked me, but it was too large to be a lion; too oddly shaped to be anything but a curse." She shivered slightly, remembering that night. It had attacked her, and she could recall that sticky feeling of blood caked against her fur. The wounds healed, and the scars hid underneath her black fur....but her mind remembered.

"I fear that something will happen again, if we do not appease this monster. Acknowledgement can be as good as respect, but to ignore...invites problems at your door."

Ruler of Everything

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:47 pm
Cehara noticed the muscles of the lioness before her soften, her appearance became visibly less rigid. It was obvious she was tense about her new infamy within the pride, for which Cehara could not fault her. There were many that were uneasy about the whisperings coming from her corner of things.

"Oh, Vitha," the lioness poised to move closer to the other - a form of comfort - before she halted, remembering that she barely knew this other (nor did she know whether or not she would even appreciate such a gesture so familiar). But the look on her face, the tone of her voice, everything pointed to a large amount of pain she had experienced. "I am so sorry you must bear this burden as you have. You are so brave for walking out the other side of things."

At her suggestion, Cehara's face contorted a bit. "Acknowledge what? If we do not know what we are facing, how do you suggest we acknowledge it?" Her tone was not harsh in its questioning - more curious and eager to learn more. She yearned to hear more of Vitha's story so she could better understand how to help with everything clouding the pride.

Safaia

[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff