Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands
[PRP] The Colour Family (Porphorios, Lesia, Tat & Samira)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:38 pm
SilverLutz

User ImageThey had a visit from a vulture. Porphorios had been sitting around outside of the den he shared with his mate when the great big green bird had dropped from the sky. At first he had been nervous of the creature, although he knew of course that vultures were purely scavengers and there was nothing dead in or around their den there was new, very vulnerable life inside the den.

The bird though had come to bring them a greeting and a request. The Alunadi and her mate wanted to come and visit them and their new cubs. After a short discussion with his mate they had agreed for them to come and visit so now he was waiting for their arrival.

User Image
Tucked away in the den Lesia lay quietly admiring her little brood, she had given birth to four tiny cubs three sons and a single daughter, they were still so vulnerable, tiny and blind, they slept a lot and when they weren’t sleeping they were eating. She was still tired from the whole experience but she knew Samira was of importance to their clan so she was happy to welcome the female in to her den to see their new tiny family.

User Image
Tatyana approached the den quietly. It was a happy, yet solemn occasion really. The first cubs born to the sky clan since he and Samira had wed, it had been a long time really. Many moons had passed and no children had been born but now, a new gaggle of cubs were here and they were here to say hello, to give the new couple their blessings and perhaps bestow an honour upon one of these little lives. He wasn’t entirely sure how it all worked but Samira seemed to have it all figured out, he was here more for support and to lend a hand if it was needed.  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 2:10 pm
User ImageSamira walked beside her mate, their shoulders brushing occasionally as they made their way to the den of the new family. Alusa flew overhead, cawing down to the two lions to inform them that the father was outside of the den and ready to accept them. Wheeling in circles, he slowly descended and landed on Samira's back once more, riding the rest of the way to the den with the two lions.

"Four cubs," he stated as they walked. "Three males, one female."

"Isn't that exciting," Samira said with a grin towards Tatyana. "Hopefully the parents will agree to one of their sons taking up the mantle of the nvwati. It is a great honor," she added, knowing full well that Tatyana had grown up in the pride and knew that. "I just hope I pick the right one."

As they got closer Samira moved away from Tatyana, taking a few steps to walk ahead of him to greet the shockingly colored father of the cubs.

"Greetings and many blessings to you and your new family, dear Porphorios," she said, bobbing her head before lifting it again with a smile. "What exciting news! I'm so happy for you and Lesia. How are you all doing?"

Syrius Lionwing

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 4:29 pm
SilverLutz

Tatyana smiled at his mate and the dark green bird. She was so excited. He was excited for her though he couldn’t deny that he would enjoy seeing the new cubs, new life in the tribe was a wonderful thing. “It is very exciting.” He chuckled. She seemed so elated he couldn’t help but be pulled forward by her manner. “I’m sure they will be very pleased.” He spoke truthfully, he couldn’t imagine anyone not wanting one of their children to be blessed. He felt blessed every day that Samira had chosen him after all.

Porphorios rose to his paws as the Ali’nadi and her mate approached. He dipped his head in a short, curt bow. He was very pleased that they were here but at the same time he wasn’t entirely sure how to act around the female. Though Lesia had been in the pride for longer than he, she knew the ways a little better than he, there were traditions neither of them fully understood. He got the gist that having the Alu’nadi visit was quite a big deal though, plus they were the first new family for a long time. Their cubs were special. He knew that before anyone had to tell him that of course. They were his and his lovely mates babes. Of course they were special. “Lesia is still a little tired. They are our first litter.” His ears flickered slightly vanishing in to his mane. “We did not really expect to be parents so soon.”

The dark purple male smiled, not expecting and not wanting were two completely different things. He was very pleased to be a father but they were both inexperienced in the ways of child rearing. “Lesia is expecting you. It may be a bit of a squeeze for you both though.” He nodded to the silver male. “I think we will need a larger den before the cubs start wandering about.”

Lesia could hear all of this conversation from within the den and she couldn’t help but laugh gently. Porphorios sounded like such a proud daddy with each word he said. He was right of course, she hadn’t expected to fall pregnant so quickly. She had wanted a family of course and now they were here they were all she could think about. Her four little bundles of joy. “Let the lady in Porphorios.” She calls.

Tatyana nudges his mates shoulder with his nose. “Go on, I will wait my turn.” He grins.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:51 am
His job of leading Samira and Tatyana to the new parents done, Alusa hopped off the lioness' back and took to the air once again. He circled slowly, rising on a thermal, before heading back to the center of the clan to keep an eye out for danger and other messengers that might be seeking them out. He had had enough of cubs in his long life and seeing more wasn't anything new to him.

Samira glanced at Taty with a fond smile before heading for the den, motioning that Porphorios should follow as well. Even if it would be a tight squeeze she was going to ask something of the two lions that she was sure they'd want to hear at the same time.

"Thank you, both of you," she said as she dipped her head in thanks, moving into the den. She could hear the little sounds of new life, soft mews and tiny breaths as the little cubs slumbered. She would tattoo them soon, she knew, but for now their pelts were spotless, bright and cheerful as their parents.

"Oh, bless their little hearts," she cooed softly, looking over the little brood. Three males and one female just as Alusa had said. "Congratulations, both of you," she said with a warm smile, looking up at Lesia before glancing back at Porphorios. "They look healthy and happy, just as you two do. If not a bit tired."

She glanced back at the cubs again, scanning the three boys a bit more than the girl. While they were all precious she was watching the boys for behavior, any sort of indicator that one might be the next nvwati.

"I know you two have joined recently so you may not be familiar with all of our practices here, but when I was instilled as alu'nadi I was also tasked with finding a new nvwati for the clan. So far we haven't had any litters, but here we are...I was hoping, if you two consent, that I could select one of your sons to take up the role. He would be a spiritual and medicinal healer, helping the clan to remain healthy and happy. It's a fairly important role, one that he would begin training in as soon as he can walk, and I want to make sure that you two are fine with that before pressing on."

Syrius Lionwing

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:45 am
SilverLutz

Tatyana smiled softly at Samira as she ducked in to the den. Knowing it would be tight in there though he settled himself to his belly and waited outside, listening to the conversation within. Samiras voice was gentle and her cooing at what would be tiny little mites melted his heart. It was a hard question to ask he had no doubt. He wondered how the new parents would react.

Porphorios had followed Samira in to the den, though it was a small den it fit the three adult lions but a fourth probably would have been too much. He was grateful that the silver lion had waited outside though he could hear the males breathing outside of the entrance.

He smiled proudly at his mate and their tiny bundles. It was odd to him that these little lives belonged to them.

The lavender lioness smiled up at Samira, she felt so proud that the Skyclans leader was here to see her babies. She was so proud of the four little fluffy bundles. They were her babies. “They are beautiful. I never really realised how tiny cubs were when they were born, I have never seen new borns before my own.”

The Alunadi’s question surprised her. She of course had no idea that they were looking for a Nvwati. She was surprised. They were very new to the pride both she and her mate. The traditions had not all been taught to them yet. “One of our cubs?” She asked a little surprised. If she knew one thing about the pride it was that it was steeped in tradition. Traditions they did not all together understand. “Are you sure?’ She whispered.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:17 am
The reaction to her request made Samira smile slightly and she nodded, wanting to confirm that she was serious. She knew this might bring the wrath of the traditional-minded lions upon her again, picking a cub from two freshly joined rogues, but none of them were having cubs and she had to pick one sooner rather than later.

"I'm positive," she said with confidence, gazing at the cubs once more. Two of the males were quite feisty, rolling around on their tubby little stomachs, paws flailing despite their eyes being closed and their ears still pressed against their heads. One little male was calmer than the rest, his nose twitching as he scented the new presence in the den, but otherwise he was still.

"So long as I have your blessings, of course. I wouldn't want to put such a responsibility on a young cub without their parents being there to support him."

Syrius Lionwing

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:09 pm
SilverLutz

Tatyana’s ears twitched and he gave a quiet chuckle. He was fairly certain that Samira could convince the couple of her goal, of her love for their clan and their pride. He felt proud of her telling the young couple her goals. Telling them she thought they were perfect for the job. He just hoped the colourful couple would agree.

The dark purple tilted his head lightly. He didn’t really understand. Lesia had been in the pride a little longer than he, sh eknew some of the traditions but he was sort of acting blind. He looked at his mate and smiled. He felt it was an honour to be asked, to be considered after all they were very new to the pride. Their children though, they were born here, they were a part of this pride. They deserved to be treated as such and Samira clearly thought that.

Lesia looked down at the four little bundles. From what Samira said only one of her sons would be chosen. The Nvwati was a male, she had three sons, yet only one of them would be the chosen one. She felt a little guilty about this but she also felt that if she and her brood could help her clan, her home, she was willing for one of her children to take up the mantel, though she guessed that it would be hard work for the chosen son. Lesia smiled at the pale lioness and looked at her squarely, she licked her lips and took a deep breath. “You will look after him? Protect him?” She asked, her gaze fixed firmly on the other lioness.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:31 am
Samira waited, hopeful that the couple would agree. While it was a huge honor it was also a massive responsibility, not only for their son but for them as well. It would certainly be a strain on their family as one son would usually be off learning the ways of the nvwati, but she did hope they would see the importance and the value of the title.

The question made her nod and she gave the new mother a warm smile. "Of course. Whenever he is with me I'll treat him as my own. He'll have days off to just be a cub as well and to let you both teach him how to be a good brother and son. And of course he'll eat with his family, sleep with you, and see you every day. The older he gets the more training he will undergo so his cubhood will be primarily spent with you. Once his mane grows in he will need to visit the other nvwati within the pride as I don't know everything that the role entails. But rest assured, you will be kept up to date on when all of that will happen."

Syrius Lionwing
Somehow this one slipped through the cracks XD Whoops!

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:11 am
SilverLutz
hehe no worries I’m just getting aoriund to my replies today!

Tatyana listened intently to the families questions. He smiled gently, Samira would be an excellent teacher, he knew that, she spoke to them as if she would treat the boy as her son. She would be a good mother one day. He smiled gently to himself. His lady was so determined. He hoped they would agree.

Lesia looked between her mate and the soft tan coloured lioness. It was a lot to take in, it was a lot to ask of a child. Her mind raced for a moment but settled quite firmly on an answer. She would still be his mother, she would still have three sons in her family and though he would be special he would still be one of her brood. The lavender and pink lioness gave a nod. “Okay.” She smiled looking up at Porphorios. “How will.. when will you know they are ready to be chosen?” She questioned, her pale blue eyes fixed squarely on the lioness.

Porphorios smiled between the two lionesses. He had of course known that Lesia would say yes of course. Though he too had questions that he knew would take time in answering, he would leave the queries up to his mate, at least for the moment. He felt a pride well in his chest, one of his boys would take up such an important post. They were truly blessed.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:36 pm
"Soon. Once their eyes have opened and they are confident on their paws, I will return to decide who shall take the title." Samira had been told how to pick the proper cub - personalities to look for, certain energies, she had questions to ask their little minds - but she was a bit nervous about doing it properly as well. She had never done this before and it was quite the large responsibility.

"I'll have Alusa check in on you in a few days to see how they're doing," she said, nodding in the direction her bird had flown off in. "When they're ready he will let me know and I'll return to make my decision. Don't tell the cubs," she added gently. "I'm sure it would worry their little minds far too much and that's the last thing we need." Stressed cubs meant stressed parents and that certainly wasn't what she was trying to do!

"I'll take my leave then. If you have any questions feel free to find me to ask." She gave a little bow of her head to both parents before turning towards Tatyana with a small smile.

"Come then. We've got to prepare." She began to walk back the way they had come, ready to begin this journey from leader to tutor.

Syrius Lionwing

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out